La Fontana Coast
5000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, NJ 08234Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanacoast.com/
- Phone: (609) 486-6088
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily for Dinner 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 to 100 people
- Entertainment: Opera Nights. Call for information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner; Valentine's Day Dinner; Polar Bear Plunge Weekend. Reopen March 22, 2012.
A word from La Fontana Coast
La Fontana Coast brings fine dining to the shore. Beautifully located a block from the beach in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, La Fontana Coast brings a wonderfully breathtaking Mediterranean style ambiance to the Jersey shore, complete with an elegantly infectious Southern Italian seaside villa decor with an amazing view of the ocean. La Fontana Coast prepares deliciously authentic and classic Italian cuisine served with charm and smile, where guests can let their hair down, relax and take a vacation from their vacation. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and an appetite for classic fine Italian food and homemade desserts and get swept away al La Fontana Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Fontana Coast - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
La Fontana Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (28)special occasion (23)romantic (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best in the CitykegenhofferDined on 3/29/2014Always a winner at La Fontana Coast, you can expect a lively crowd, great food and specials for this BYOB!Special Features:
- always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014usually have a wait even with a reservation but the food is always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with special flat breadJohnDined on 3/8/2014Went with special flat bread topped with mozzarella arugula and more appetizer, and then the fabulous flounder francaise on angel hair with capers, cherry tomatoes, and crab meat. Truly delightful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentkegenDined on 2/15/2014Always Love La Fontana Coast for consistency and great Italian Food! BYOB is great too for you to bring your favorite bottle to your meal! I am a local and locals know the best places to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Great Dinner for Valentines Day. BYOB and great food. Tables were close together but the service was outstanding. Food came very quickly and tasted awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in Sea IslwBIGALfromPHILLYDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service. Veal and pasta dishes are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Food was fabulous Service likewise . We've eaten there several times and in Buja'rs other restaurants and the quality is consistently high . We would highly, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food!AnnieVIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been to La Fontana Coast in Sea Isle many times. Their food is always delicious and their service is excellent. Nice outside seating in the summer, too. Gets packed in the summer so be sure to make a reservation. Was pretty crowded the other night, too, even though it was the off season at the shore (Dec 28th). It seemed less loud this time, too, even though they were crowded. It looked like they put up sound dampening panels on the ceilings and walls which really seemed to help.
- Great SpotJerseygirlDined on 12/24/2013Great local restaurant. Food was wonderful. Service was great. Had a terrific time. My mother who has been to Italy said that the Gnooci was better here than any she had ever had.Special Features:
- Nice place for Christmas Eve DinnerbeachfamDined on 12/24/2013Not a lot was available to us for Christmas Eve at the shore, but we found that La Fontana Coast was open and just a short drive from our home (Stone Harbor). Food was very good, wait staff attentive. Appetizers were excellent, entrée portions were a bit large, but yummy. We were not aware that it was BYOB, but they offered us house wine, which was very nice. Would definitely go back, although I am sure in the summer, it must get very crowded!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentEaglesFanDined on 12/21/2013We always look forward to dining at La Fontana Coast as the food is always excellent, the service splendid and the total ambiance makes for a fun dining experience. La Fontana has made 5oth street the place to eat in Sea Isle.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening for TwoBella22Dined on 12/7/2013My boyfriend took me to La Fontana Coast for dinner. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous! The ambience was beautiful and elegant as it was decorated for the holidays. The staff was top-notch and very friendly. We were given complimentary homemade Limoncello with our desserts which we enjoyed very much! La Fontana Coast was an excellent choice my boyfriend made for our romantic evening! We will definitely be coming back here to dine and also recommend this restaurant to our family and friends!!Special Features:
- Consistently Superb!njBeachYOGADined on 11/22/2013This BYOB has become our favorite restaurant in the Cape May/Atlantic County area. The only negative is that it will be closed in January. The staff is attentive and cheerful, food fresh and delicately flavored, the seats are far enough apart that you can hear each other speak and the complimenatary homemade Lemoncello is the icing on the meal. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013We had a wonderful meal with good friends on Friday night. The service is excellent and the food is too, especially the appetizers. We all enjoyed sharing the three appetizers we ordered. The only downside for the evening was that the room we dined in was cold. Next time I will bring a warmer jacket.Special Features:
- Excellent specials, enthusiasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2013Excellent specials, enthusiastic service. We hadn't been there since before the storm but they have recovered nicely.
- Good news - only a 15 minOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Good news - only a 15 min wait w/ reservations. Down hill from there - No spring mix for house salad. Husband was served incorrect meal, not the rigatoni special waitress told us about. She claimed she did not say "rigatoni ", but we both heard it. No compensation for error on bill.Special Features:
- Great food... as always!luvgoodfood1Dined on 10/26/2013Great dining experience and delicious food as all of the "Fontana" restaurants are...we truly enjoy everything about these establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ItalianGMRCAMVIPDined on 10/26/2013Dinner is always delicious at LaFontana Coast. The hosts and servers are all top-notch. My husband had one of the specials on Saturday night. The meat was tender and well seasoned and the pasta was cooked to perfection. My large salad was crisp, cold and fresh. The LaFontana Coast dining room is beautiful, but, despite the carpet and ceiling tiles, it is sometimes noisy. In the warm weather, diners can eat outdoors. We have eaten there with groups and they always manage to serve excellent food to everyone at the table. The Coast in one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!JohnDined on 10/26/2013Consistently excellent meals and pleasant and attentive service. A tad noisy sometimes, but that's not a deterent. Top drawer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shore diningTheresaCVIPDined on 10/13/2013Great food, good service and friendly! What else is there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- post it notesLukeandDukeDined on 10/13/2013The food was better than average. The wait staff and hostess were not very warm or welcoming. Maybe just a bad day. Especially liked the bread and the sauce. Overall a good experience and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!GinaDined on 10/5/2013Saturday night - always a bit crazy - however it was WORTH the wait - food was outstanding! Hat's off to host - he kept his cool amid the craziness. Had 7 guests and every agreed it was absolutely delicious. I only wish they were open year round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the point of a reservation?bettyplease1Dined on 10/5/2013We had a reservation for 2 at 7:30. Waited 45 minutes. The couple who came in right in front of us got a table right away. (reservations? not sure) We were up next. Waiting... at least 2 couples came in after us and were seated. One of the couples reservation got screwed up by what I overheard. We were told "we didn't forget about you, you are in the computer" 1/2 hour later they called me over, asked what my name was again and how many people. That is not a good sign. I will say the place was nuts. Crazy busy. But when you are standing right there the whole time, how does this happen? If we didn't have our wine to sooth us, we would have been out of there. This will probably be the last visit. Imagine what it must be like in peak season.
- Never DisappointsJosephDined on 9/28/2013We went with a group of 8 and everyone thought their meals were fabulous. The veal was extremely tender and plentifulSpecial Features:
- Over all great place for dinner.LocalVIPDined on 9/27/2013Over all great place for dinner. A Sea Isle stand out. My wife and I eat here often and always have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Isle gemrdiplacido54Dined on 9/27/2013Service was professional, courteous and attentive. Dining experience was most enjoyable. Cuisine superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dining experienceEDocVIPDined on 9/25/2013La Fontprepared foodana continues to impress with consistently wonderfully prepaped food.Special Features:
- La Fontana CoastkremDined on 9/20/2013Really fast service...it was very crowded, but we were seated right away and given complimentary antipasti. Staff was very friendly and attentive. We each had a different entree (there were 4 of us) and we tried each one. They were all delicious! And not too expensive. We would definitely go back. Have eaten at all 3 La Fontanas (Avalon, Sea Isle and Strathmere) and they are all really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mussels I've ever had!njBeachYOGADined on 9/16/2013This is my new favorite Italian restaurant. They season delightfully not overwhelmingly. Flavors in the mussels with white wine were so delicious I had to sop up the sauce with the fresh crusty bread they serve. Gnocchi with Gorgonzola is rich but fresh as well. Everyone at the table was super satisfied! The complimentary Meloncello was a cool variation on Lemoncello and a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 hour wait with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2013come with you patience. even with a reservation expect at least a 45 min wait. food is worth it just be prepared.Special Features:
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2013The food was okay, not great. The price was expensive for what you got. $20. for my appetizer which was good and $35. for my entree which had very little seafood but flavors where good. For the price the food should have been excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and we received good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summers over??KarenKVIPDined on 9/7/2013First time at this beach restaurant, we went thinking it would be slow now that it is after Labor Day- WOW were we wrong!!! The place was packed! Luckily we had our open table reservation! We were seated fairly quickly, food and service excellent. We will be back here for sure. BYOB is always a great way to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything about CoastItsaknockoutDined on 9/3/2013Loved everything about Coast , from the greeting from the Host to his and the Chef thanking us and shaking our hands as we departed !!! We were started off with a complimentary Antipasta from our Host !! The special fig app was unreal and the veal entree special was like butter !! My date had the pasta special which had lump crabmeat , scallops , and shrimp .... Awesome !!! Our server Barbara was knowledgable about the menu and made the correct suggestions .... And she was very courteous as well always smiling !! In a nutshell we loved our fine dining experience and can't wait to return !!! They have a smooth and classy operation going on here !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was extremely LOUD in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013It was extremely LOUD in this restaurant, to the point that it was very difficult to have a conversation. They were out of a few items on the menu that my dining partners had been looking forward to, and they replaced one item on a plate without telling us they needed more time to prepare it, until we asked. Then they brought the original item, about 10 minutes into our entrees. On the positive side, this restaurant is pretty and the food we did have was very good.
- Abrasive Manager. Good Food/ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013We checked in and were told it would be upwards of 20 minutes for our table. When I said "but we have a reservation", the Manager responded in an annoyed tone that, "that everyone has a reservation, sir...what do you want me to do, kick people out of their tables". Fortunately, a seasoned hostess stepped in and found us a quiet table outside. The night got better from there. The food was very good and the waitress was attentive and friendly. They had clearly over-booked the dining room, and they were packed. The Manager didn't care about our business that evening, but I can think of a dozen different ways for him to handle that situation. The Avalon/Sea Isle area has too many good restaurants to have to deal with an abrasive Manager.
- LIKED THE PLACE BUT THE TABLECindyDined on 8/24/2013LIKED THE PLACE BUT THE TABLE WAS NOT READY WHENWE GO THERE SO WE HAD TO WAIT AND THE TABLE THEY PUT US AT WAS TIGHT WITH THE TABLE NEXT TO US AND CRAMPED UP TO THE HOSTESS STATION WITH CLIENTELE STANDING OVER US WAITING FOR THEIR TABLES AS IT WAS PACKED. WE WOULD GO BACK BUT NOT SIT ELSEWHERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!KikiDined on 8/22/2013We really enjoyed everything about La Fontana Coast. We only had a short wait for our party of 7. The servers were knowledgeable and friendly. The food was delicious from our appetizers to the dessert. The noise level was a bit high but we were all happy to be out, so it did not really bother us. We will definitely return when we are back in town next summer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place! Never beenCRBMVIPDined on 8/21/2013Loved this place! Never been here before this year, and we have spent many summers in Avalon. Food is great, many choices on the menu, friendly service, moderately priced, and the table always ready at reservation time. We went twice in one week and have been recommending it to our friends.Special Features:
- La Fontana Coast is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013We preferred this location over La Fontana Del Mare in Strathmere. We had a delicious meal a few days previous to this visit at La Fontane Del Mare and the pasts of the day (small purses of gorgonzola and figs with shrimp and homemade sauce) was outstanding. The other meals were very good too but La Fontana Coast had great Osso Bucco, chicken Parmesan and mushroom risotto. They also started with bread and a complimentary delicious antipasta. If we hand to pick one of the two, and they are both good choices, it would be La Fontana Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013Tables are crowded too closely together, inside and out serving large numbers of diners, straining the friendly and overworked staff. All was forgiven when the entrees arrived, ample amounts and delicious. Everyone in our group of six loved their dinner and we will be returning in the next few days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.