La Fontana Coast
5000 Landis Avenue
Sea Isle City, NJ 08234Neighborhood:
Sea Isle City
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Coast
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanacoast.com/
- Phone: 6094866088
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily for Dinner 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday and Saturday until 11 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 to 100 people
- Entertainment: Opera Nights. Call for information.
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner; Valentine's Day Dinner; Polar Bear Plunge Weekend. Reopen March 22, 2012.
A word from La Fontana Coast
La Fontana Coast brings fine dining to the shore. Beautifully located a block from the beach in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, La Fontana Coast brings a wonderfully breathtaking Mediterranean style ambiance to the Jersey shore, complete with an elegantly infectious Southern Italian seaside villa decor with an amazing view of the ocean. La Fontana Coast prepares deliciously authentic and classic Italian cuisine served with charm and smile, where guests can let their hair down, relax and take a vacation from their vacation. Bring your favorite bottle of wine and an appetite for classic fine Italian food and homemade desserts and get swept away al La Fontana Coast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Fontana Coast - Best Restaurants in Sea Isle City ›
La Fontana Coast reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (29)romantic (15)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Beach EaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Above average for the shore. Priced right, BYOB, Friendly staff. I received good service on a night when there wasn't a seat open in the whole restaurant. I will return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was superbnyvacationersDined on 8/14/2014We vacation in the area every year and make it a point to stop by for dinner. thie year the resturant was overflowing on a Thursday evening, our open table reservation was ready on time. Service good for the crowd. This environment lends itself to an longer meal time, but that was fine because it is not fast food. The meal was excellent and the chef made a point to come by and say hello before we ordered and again after the meal to make sure we enjoyed everything. This was our third year stopping and we by will be back again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Shore" to pleaseElleKayDined on 8/14/2014LaFontana Coast is always a great time, an excellent meal and the best place for a nice adult meal in Sea Isle. Can certainly accommodate children, but it's a nice place for the grown ups to have a wonderful night out with amazing food from start to finish!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/6/2014We started with the beet salad of the day which was plenty for 3 of us! I had the shrimp risotto and loved it. My husband had pasta with seafood and our vegetarian son had pasta with marina sauce. We enjoyed dessert and coffee. Water was replenished regularly. Everything was wonderful. After eating the fine meal and experiencing the good service, I understand why people exiting the restaurant when we arrived were kissing and thanking the chef! It is also a BYOB!!!Special Features:
- Love this placeDoniDined on 8/5/2014We go here because the food and service is consistently great! We always feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJimboDined on 8/2/2014Very nice, white table dining in Sea Isle City - a bit noisy inside, but you can carry on a conversation with your dining partner(s). Wait staff was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les58VIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate outside on a beautiful evening although the inside looked very crowded and noisy. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Fantastic BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The food is fabulous! We went two weekends in a row. Great outdoor eating. We received complimentary limoncello both times. Best place in Sea Isle to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerTommyHoDined on 7/30/2014Solid menu and excellent food/service. Our dinner was memorable. Love the BYOB!Special Features:
- Retirement get togetherEDocVIPDined on 7/26/2014our recent visit was to celebrate a retirement, and while the restaurant is small they did a wonderful job accomodating a party of 10. The services as always was impeccable as was the food. For 4 of our guest this was their first time dining at La Fontana Coast and they were totally impressed.Special Features:
- Another great meal...GregWestChesterPADined on 7/21/2014...with terrific, friendly service. Veal was very tender. Large, fresh shrimp. Great taste to all of the sauces. Terrific arugula salad special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/17/2014good food good service nice table out of the line of fireSpecial Features:
- LindaPDined on 7/15/2014The food is fairly good, but pricey. I would have expected great food for the price or at least a nice "view".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike CmikeVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always a great meal the staff is very attentive. The only issue sometimes is parkingSpecial Features:
- KateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Love the place. Food and service always wonderful. Always noisy -even with the addition of sound absorbing tiles-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good find!LadyLeftDined on 7/12/2014Food delicious & service good. Used open table for a reservation & we were seated very quickly for our time, despite there was many people waiting for tables. Prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The wait staff was very nice, but they tried to get us to leave too fast. Before we even took our last bite they were taking our plates. Good food. Nice people. But it was frustrating when we were trying to have a nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLovethecityDined on 7/12/2014Will definitely be back! Portions are large. Fish was fresh and excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, disappointed in the waitJsmkDined on 7/10/2014Arrived early for a 7:45 reservation (via open table) but didn't get seated until 8:30, very disappointing; food was good though so if you don't mind a wait this place is for youSpecial Features:
- Fantastic find in Sea Isle!AKKSousChefDined on 7/2/2014La Fontana Coast is a wonderful restaurant in Sea Isle City. We used to eat at the original location in Strathmere, but this location is closer to our house. It is a high end restaurant with a dressy casual flair. And the food is amazing! We have eaten there numerous times since the restaurant opened and have had great meals every time. The hardest thing is deciding what to eat. Recently, we tried a penne pasta with vodka sauce and it was insanely delicious - lick-the-plate (I should have!) delicious. The staff is always happy to accommodate requests and are quite flexible with regard to reservations (we changed our numbers three times). They are also welcoming to children. Love this place! It's our family favorite.Special Features:
- Food as really really great, BUTTIPPINGDined on 7/1/2014I have a real issue with servers adding the gratuity on to the check. First of all, its offensive. Extrememly. Yes I am offended. And in most cases, the server shoots themselves in the foot cause Im a good tipper and they wind up getting less of a tip. To me, the service is never as good because they know they are getting 20%. Happens every time and this was no different. The server was pleasant enough, however, messed up quite a few times (forgot my drink refill, brought the parm cheese we requested half way through the meal). I guess thats why he added gratuity, cause he wanted to make sure he got his 20%, 20 % he most certainly DID NOT deserve. The food was very very good, espec the Chicken Fran, best Ive had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateur Service- Rude ownerRoeblingfoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014Very poor staff whtrained pat definitely trained by the nasty owner- customers are obviously not very important to them apparently. Long wait times for any service at all. Multiple requests were required for simple basics like water, bread, ice bucket... 45 minutes after ordering, we were informed one of the dishes were no longer available, then they forgot one of the other dishes completely! Owner came out to see if everything was ok, ten started refuting our claims that we had to had multiple times for the above items, and basically started yelling and arguing with us as we were trying to eat our meal. Would never go back or even consider subjecting somone else to this type of treatment.
- Another very good mealKevinOMalley1VIPDined on 6/28/2014I'm regular to LaFC, consistency is in the fabric of this restaurant. Food is always great, service the same and the staff very friendly. While vacationing in SIC, this is a must go too restaurant!Special Features:
- Everything we hoped forSpitdocVIPDined on 6/28/2014we had an enjoyable surprisingly good albeit pricey food our first night on vacation. They accommodated our request for outside dining and our waitress who was a Northeastern student was pleasant and efficient Esp since we had a 3 yr old and 11 week old . However announcing specials without the price is a major dining faux paux. We 'd return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidmac1VIPDined on 6/27/2014very good italian food at reasonable cost. great service . really cannot go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhillSeaIslefoodieDined on 6/24/2014Was terrific at first, but this past dining experience was poor. Restaurant was empty and they put our party of 3 people in the back corner area right next to a table with 4 loud kids. Waitress was hard to be found. My sister and I wanted to split one of the pasta dishes and they told us as they delivered the plate, it would be a $9 charge for that! We were offended they ultimately did not charge us, but the $9 fee was ridiculous! Not planning on going back soon!Special Features:
- Food is very goodStanVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food is very good and atmosphere is very appealing .We enjoy very much going there and also that we can bring your own wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great ... nothing elsegem57Dined on 6/18/2014We dined at La Fontana for our anniversary. The food never fails to impress -- interesting, perfectly prepared. Unfortunately that's where it ends. The tables are on top of each other, so there is no such thing as a private conversation. The noise level also can get loud when there are large tables seated. The service is ok. The restaurant looks out on an abandoned-looking building, so you don't go here for the view. What you do go to La Fontane for is the FOOD, which is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeyDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I love this restaurant. The food is great and the servers are very friendly and pleasant. Can be noisy inside when crowded so we mainly enjoy the outside dining in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Our reservation was waiting! Dinner and service were great! We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJag3VIPDined on 6/6/2014We visited on a Friday evening of restaurant week. They were pretty busy but service was good. We both chose to order from the special menu and were pleased with our choices. The red sauce on the mussels was garlicky and was great for dipping with bread. The eggplant appetizer was also good. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Have eaten here before, but reservations never met. Tonight, my reservations were honored and food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The food was great as was the wait staff. They have made substantial improvements in the noise level since they opened a couple of years ago. It is a little cramped in terms of the tables locations for inside dinning. It was restaurant week for we had the four course fixed price meal which had just the right portion size.
- loveitalianfoodDined on 6/2/2014Our dinner was wonderful...food was delicious and the service was great. The menu has a wide variety of offerings to choose from. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FontanaPerchesDined on 6/1/2014A gem! Great place! I've been there several times in the past few weeks and the food has been consistently good. The owners walk around and make sure all the customers are happy and pitch in cleaning up tables. Love it!!Special Features:
- First time dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014Very nice server. Food quality was great. Staff was overly attentive. Felt a bit rushed. I will definitely go back again, but want to try it on a weeknight, not weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LisaDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed their restaurant week price fix special. It was wonderful! Even though it was very busy staff was pleasant and efficient. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great byobluvgoodfoodDined on 5/26/2014homemade pasta and their veal are just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualRedWineLoverVIPDined on 5/26/2014This is our Go-to BYOB in Sea Isle City. The fresh, house made mozzarella is outstanding. Whether its the risotto, the seafood pasta specials, or the house Veal Parm, we've never had a bad meal here. Only downside is there are so many tables, its difficult at times to have a conversation since its so loud.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMaryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Dinner was good. Our waiter was new and it should. I do suggest that you ask the price of the specials because they were notably more expensive then the items on the menu. We were a bit sticker shocked at the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.