La Fondue - Saratoga
14550 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Fondue - Saratoga
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafondue.com/
- Phone: (408) 867-3332
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:15pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:15pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:15pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:15pm
***Just Dessert Chocolate Fondue only is served (Sunday-Thursday) between 9:30 pm - 10:00 pm and (Friday-Saturday) 10:30 pm -11:00 pm on a first come first serve basis! (No reservations will be accepted=please walk in!).
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Wine Director: M. Cutler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There is convenient public parking located behind La Fondue in the parking districts. Lafondue has a valet parking service located in front of the restaurant on Friday & Saturday Nights.
- Private Party Facilities: A special occasion warrants a special dining experience. Lafondue offers private dining for up to 12 guests and larger semi-private rooms for 20, 28 and 36 guests. All are ideal for special events. Or, if you would enjoy dining al fresco, take advantage of our 2 outdoor year round patios(heated and covered) with seating for 24 guests each. Each patio has 19th century reclaimed Provence Farmhouse tiles, Phillipe Starcke chairs and a wonderful Alpine setting!
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4088673332x
- Entertainment: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are BYOB (No corkage fee!). All other nights BYOB is $25 per 750 ml, including all holidays. We have two dog-friendly patios with doggy tie downs and complimentary filet mignon trimmings. Double burner tables are available for 5 or more persons.
- Special Events: Mon,Tues and Wed nights are BYOB (no corkage fee!-except holidays). Valentines Day and NY's Eve are special prix-fix packages. Closed: July 4, Thanksgiving and Christmas Nights.
A word from La Fondue - Saratoga
The NY Times editorial says "La Fondue is the place to go in the South Bay"! Consistently named the "Best Restaurant", "Best Special Occasion" and "Best Romantic Restaurant" in San Jose by the likes of The San Jose Mercury News,The Metro, The Silicon Valley Concierge Association, and The Wave Magazine. La Fondue brings quality service together with an eclectic chill vibe that caters to the "communal experience" we all crave. Nestled in the Saratoga foothills, Mitchell & Tracey Cutler founded La Fondue Restaurant in 1992 as a boutique dining environment. A kind of Alpine wonderland meets Beverly Hills/19th century Paris lounge kind of vibe. Colors of crushed crimson, gold and royal purples blend with champagne oak and European antiques. La Fondue specializes in international fondues. Come, celebrate a memorable evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
La Fondue - Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)romantic (197)fit for foodies (131)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (69)late-night find (32)hot spot (30)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic!Food4FunDined on 11/20/2014La Fondue is always an fun dining experience with savory selections and generous portions. Whether you're having a romantic evening for two, celebrating a special occasion with the kids or you just want an out of the ordinary dining experience, La Fondue is the place. The serving staff is quick and attentive. It's pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014It's a great experience. But let's be honest, the food isn't really that special and it's very expensive for food you cook yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a milestone celebration dinnerMBB3Dined on 11/17/2014Having dined at La Fondou before we knew what to expect and were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service great. We took advantage of the BYOB (no corkage fee) night too, which kept the bill affordable. For a really nice touch, we received complimentary Champagne in honor of our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic but Too ExpensivejkmoneyDined on 11/15/2014First off, La Fondue is a great date night restaurant. It's romantic and the service is excellent. With that said, I though the food was just okay compared to other fondue restaurants. For the food that you get, it's also very very pricey. You're mostly paying for the service and the ambiance so expect to pay $$$ when you dine here (like all fondue restaurants).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner Restaurant for SureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014A very nice restaurant to have a special dinner. I say, a special dinner, because the check will come and you will be surprised by how expensive fondue really is! We celebrate a wonderful birthday with my daughter and it was a memorable night. The food was very good and fresh. One of the only nits I had with La Fondue is that our reservation was 6 pm and we weren't seated until 6:25 pm as the people who were at our table wouldn't leave. We were told that the restaurant has a 3 hr. limit at tables and they had only been there 2 1/2 hrs. so we just had to wait until they got up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2014What a fun night for my wife's birthday. Food and service was great and I got to cook at our table. Had the feast with chicken, turkey, tuna, white shrimp, filet, and gator. Nothing like food coming right off of the grill. Wanted to go for over 20 yrs and won't be 20 wks before we are back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experienceGidge1972Dined on 11/9/2014The restaurant decor is fun and the staff is friendly. Pace yourself! It's an eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a wonderful experienceLucretiaDined on 11/7/2014From making the reservations to talking with Mitchell before our arrival And then having a fantastic experience with dinner. Our waiter Cameron was terrific, very pleasant and helpful. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 11/7/2014Keep on serving the customers like your restaurant is presently doing. Your owner has used great imagination in decorating the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time is awesomeCheesyMacDined on 11/3/2014This is our spot. We come here every year for our anniversary, and we love it everytime. Different rooms, different themes, always great service and romantic for us. Careful not to eat too much salad though, gotta save room for all that delicious fondue. Keep up the great work La Fondue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPROAMTDined on 11/3/2014Food was delicious! If you like trying different types of meats like bison or elk! The cheese fondue is awesome. For those that love dessert the chocolate fondue will make your mouth water. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014surprised how expensive it is for what you get. Cheese fondue was tasty as was the teriaki beef but the whole meal for three was $160. our waitress was great and explained the menu well.Special Features:
- Yes, Captain America, we did fonduebayareatransplantDined on 11/2/2014This was a really fun and cool place to go out to celebrate hubby's birthday. While I fondue'd back in the 70's, it's been a while since I've had the opportunity. The servers were spot on with their recommendations and advice, with everything from the wine to the cooking method. We tried the "Le Freak", and it was just so much food for only 2 people! I have to admit, my hubby enjoyed the exotic meats he hadn't yet had the chance to try. But the important part of this message is the cheese fondue (we chose the Cajun) was so yummy, but the chocolate fondue (we went with The Flaming Tortoise) was out of this world. I seriously wanted to lick the fondue pot. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- tasty treatbabu2013Dined on 11/2/2014we enjoyed the feast service and were amazed at the volume of food brought out to us...the meats (poultry, wild game, beef, and seafood) were intense and far too much for the two of us to eat, but they were great and offered if we wanted to cook the meats we could take them home...not a huge fan of our table (high up seats and groups tight around us) made it a little difficult to have a fully romantic meal, but it was nice and we enjoyed. Our waitress brought out champagne at dessert to toast our anniversary (very sweet) and we realize that when we go again, we can probably skip the meat course and just enjoy the salads and cheese fondue.Special Features:
- chocaholicDined on 11/2/2014It was our first visit to La Fondue, we had heard great things about the restaurant for years. We enjoyed the new experience, we felt the food was good, but was not too impressed with the service. We ended the meal with a chocolate Fondue , the heat was too high and we burnt our tongues the chocolate began to taste burnt toward the end. Overall we were glad to say we had finally tried it, and may go back again.Special Features:
- UniquelyDeliciousFoodieDined on 11/1/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions because the food is so different, the service is excellent, and the ambience is upscale and interesting. It's important to arrive hungry because there is so much food. Very fun place to celebrate. Yummy food.Special Features:
- great experience and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014I love this place! It's a fun eating experience that feels very special but without the insane price. Great for a group, or family or something romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate for 3 hours and loved it!RrelaxDined on 10/30/2014We took advantage of a coupon we found on social living on Facebook. For $125 we got a meal for 2 that goes for $350 on their menu. They serve so much food that that meal could have been for four people easily. We had a salad, a cheese fondue, a meat fondue that included every meat they serve including wild meats, and a chocolate fondue. We went with another couple who also used a coupon and it was a really fun night. Oh they also included a bottle wine for each coupon. I am definitely going to keep my eye open for these coupons in the future it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightmoncaDined on 10/26/2014The service was amazing, we had so many different people attending to our table and helping thay we never felt neglected. And to top it off all the food was great, we tried everything on the menu. My favorite part was dessert, we tried the turtle dipping chocolate option. It was sooooooo good. I would definitely come back again, makes a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not returnlikes2eatDined on 10/25/2014If you have never had fondue before, then I can understand why this place would be worth trying -- but honestly I felt it was extremely overpriced for the "culinary experience." This is because you end up doing all of the cooking yourself! I liked how they had exotic meats, that part was fun. However, the grill is electric and you can't control the heat so it's very difficult to grill something with enough texture. I ended up not following the waiter's recommendations on how long to cook each meat as the times were often too short. My husband did love the dessert fondue, dipped fruit is very tasty. However, we got the "Danger" chocolate mix and by the time our chocolate was ready for dipping, all the toffee nibs had already melted!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Hadn't been there in years since before they moved. Still as wonderful experience as before. This time, I brought my kiddos 4 and 6. Of course their favorite was the chocolate fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun experienceCharger1aDined on 10/24/2014We went for our 21st Anniversary and were not disappointed. We were looking for a dining experience that was more interactive and engaging. We were very happy with the result. It is a great spot to celebrate life's little moments. It is intimate and the service staff were wonderful. The food was tasty and fresh with a great selection. Thanks for a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- First TimersTinamoeDined on 10/24/2014Our new favorite place! Staff is nice & helpful explaining the dining experience you're about to have & about the foods available. There's unlimited veggies & bread for your cheese fondue but you won't need it...there's SO much to eat! This is a place to go when you have a couple of hours to dine...it's an experience to appreciate and not rush. You're allowed to go at your own pace and are asked if you're ready for the next course. Our reservation was for 5pm on a Friday evening. My reservation included info that we were attending an 8pm concert so the staff was aware and let us know we'd have plenty of time and even suggested a $3 cab ride from the restaurant to the venue to save us the parking fee! Service was above & beyond great!Special Features:
- La Fondue ReviewLAH13VIPDined on 10/22/2014We were excited about finally dining at La Fondue for a special occasion. It was a different experience and that was fun. I'll have to admit, though, that the prices were exorbitant for what we got. They served a huge salad with lots of lettuce and shredded carrots first. Then a cheese fondue, so we were not that hungry when the entree arrived. The total bill was about $100 per person for the combo. My glass of house red was $15 and it was not a generous pour. We will not be going back, as there are so many other restaurants in the area that offer far more for that price.
- Not OutstandingShellbakezzDined on 10/22/2014Went here for a birthday/anniversary celebration. Service was decent however it took about an hour into our meal for them to offer us something to drink besides water. The Pesto Congac cheese fondue was delicious, as was our Chocolate Amaretto dessert fondue. However the main course was nothing special. They give you raw meats and a hot plate to cook it with. I guess the experience could be fun but given how dark it is, I really wish I didn't have to cook my own food. For the price, I'd like to have my steak cooked for me. Complimentary champagne and birthday candle was a nice touch. Next time we come we will just stick to cheese and chocolate fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatwubsDined on 10/22/2014Awesome! Great food and service. Be adventurous and eat the crazy meatsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experience!love2eatDined on 10/21/2014I decided to try this place because I LOVE fondue. I was pleasantly surprised by the entire dining experience. It was wonderful! The meal started with a salad of our choice. Then we chose the fondue. There are several cheese options to choose from and the taste is AMAZING! After the fondue, we chose the types of meat we wanted and they brought out a grill and the raw meat. We cooked the meat ourselves at our own table. It was so fun and the meat was so yummy! I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to anyone and I will DEFINITELY visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and ForgetfulFoodforlifeDined on 10/21/2014I've taken clients and friends here several times over the past four years, but this past time was unfortunately the least acceptable. Our server forgot with many items, disappeared for long periods of times, and just lacked that sort of quality that makes you feel important. On the flip side, the Le Freak combo was very good, probably b/c we opted to have the deliciously filling chef salad for to-go. Unfortunately, the salad was also one of the things that were promised and never provided.Special Features:
- HorriblePrivateVIPDined on 10/19/2014We were placed in the dining area with the "two eyes" painting, where it was exceptionally noisy. Every time we have dined in that area, we've gotten horrible service from inexperienced waitresses -- it seems all the junior waiters get assigned to this awful room, and as they become more senior they get to move to better areas. We used a LivingSocial voucher: $135 for a "Le Freak", originally valued at $215 when it was purchased. Two months later, they increased the price of Le Freak to $350 for the exact same thing. Additionally, they had run out of kangaroo, so simply didn't include it in the meal. If they start "running out" of other meats for Le Freak, you will simply get much less food for the same price.
- Great Place for dinnerDavePDined on 10/18/2014I brought my beautiful girlfriend here, it was our first time. Loved the decore, The salads were fantasic, it was alot of fun grilling the meats, the cocktails were great and had a good price. But the desert was amazing, we picked the white chocolate, we are stilling talking about the place. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceryebredDined on 10/17/2014The food and service at La Fondue was excellent. The only thing that keeps me from giving this a five star review is that I did not realize that you cook your own food at this restaurant. If my wife and I did it all over again we would have ordered the cheese fondue with the salad, which is very large and filling by itself. Then we would have just gotten the chocolate fondue for dessert. With the dinner it became too much to eat and you have to cook it yourself in a little skillet. The waitress was very nice though and a number of different waiters and waitresses stopped by from time to time to make sure everything was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Fantasic and romantic date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014My boyfriend and I had waited several months for a time when we could come down to enjoy this beautiful spot. The food, ambiance, and service were all top notch! Our server was more like a guide through our culinary adventure. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue - Epitome of ClassFoodie4LifeDined on 10/13/2014Look, I have experienced "fine dining" before, but La Fondue is ranked at the top! From the ambiance (quiet and romantic) to the service (Paul our server was knowledgeable and attentive) La Fondue is worth every penny you spend. And yes, you will spend quite a few, but it will be worth it.Special Features:
- DBCoolDined on 10/12/2014A great time, great food, lots of fun had by all. Love your food and the entertainment of staff cooking at the table. Keep it up. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceRebekahDined on 10/12/2014We dined at La Fondue to celebrate a birthday, and it was wonderful! The food was good, the service was excellent, and the whole experience was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ourstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014One of our burners did not work and our server (I think Matt) did everything he could to make it work. He was incredibly nice and consequently made our experience quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencenewbie5612Dined on 10/8/2014First time to experience La Fondue. From start to finish the staff was amazing. They were on top of everything. They work together as a team and it shows they pride themselves on customer services. We had received the La Fondue Experience via Living Social as a Gift. The food was great and abundant, the staff explained everything we needed to know and answered any questions we had. I would recommend La Fondue! The Stinking Fondue was perfect and the Chocolate Fondue with the milk chocolate, caramel, pecans, and they light on fire was amazing! We also had the salads and the Le Freak main course. Also very good!Special Features:
- Glad I had been there beforeAllenDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I go to La Fondue a couple of times a year: We enjoy the food, staff and the take your time and enjoy attitude. This last time was the first time that the noise level was way up. No fault of the restaurant there was a group of teenage girls celebrating. One of the kids parents who were dining in a different section of the restaurant came in a told them a couple of time that they could hear them in their section but that only worked until the parents walked out. I do think the manager could have come in and said something to the girls but that never happened. We will go back but if they sit us in a room with a bunch of kids we will ask to be moved to another table in another section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at La fondueShadowartDined on 10/3/2014I think La fondue has an excellent niche with different foods available and different cooking options this makes it ideal place for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic evening outashnjoshDined on 10/1/2014We had a fabulous time dining out to celebrate my college graduation. We enjoyed BYOB as we probably would not have spent $200+ on food alone and added an additional $50 for champagne. Thank you for helping us celebrate our special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.