1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: 3035340404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (49)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good service and food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014...you can tell the restaurant has seen better days. While we thoroughly enjoyed the service, the food and the extra attention we received for our wedding anniversary dinner, the restaurant itself needs some work. The staff's engagement and tableside preparation were the high points while the broken overhead light, accumulated dust and ceiling tile damage were some of the lows. Most areas show a need for additional cleaning and maintenance. That said, a little in-house TLC will make a big difference. We'd love to go back if these items are addressed. Your food and service are better than the Melting Pot, don't fall down on basic cleaning or repairs!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!MikeDDined on 9/7/2014The food was incredible and my family loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointed55Dined on 8/28/2014Through openable I mentioned we choose them to celebrate my wife's birthday and asked to help make the night special. They did say HBD when we arrived. However, we got the worst table in the house and the service was slow. I expected at least a celebratory drink or dessert. Instead we just received un-classy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Some reviews I had read weren't as complimentary of La Fondue as I would expect. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and wine. Great service by Samantha, plenty of food and delicious dessert.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Sums it up. Could have been Restaurant Week's regular decrease in service level, could have been mid-week blues. Whatever it was, inconsiderate service and awkward attempts at conversation made for a bummer evening. Don't recommend a visit unless you're paying top dollar and the A team of waiters steps up to bat.
- Pleasant eveningMrsDeazy1Dined on 8/26/2014Been a long time since we have been to this place. Had a wonderful evening, no complaints on anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Awful service. Even after we asked the manager to come by it was just one thing after another.
- Great place for Fondue in DenverRockyMtnDinerDined on 8/24/2014This was the second time my girlfriend and I have been to La Fondue and we have been impressed both times, with this second time being for Denver Restaurant Week. The food is great (particularly the cheddar with fat tire cheese course) and the service was extremely quick. It's fondue, so we were in no rush, but as soon as we finished each course, we had the next course ready to eat in less than 5 minutes. Reasonable prices and a good selection make it a great alternative to the Melting Pot, with a better location in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, server was alrightSund3223Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic, as expected. Our server was not around very much, mentioned weed in conversation, and also how he would not be at the restaurant much longer. As my guest and I were both servers in the past, we were not overly thrilled with the service. Had to ask for water every time he decided to make an appearance at our table when the glass was empty every single one of those times. I would have filled it myself if there was a water pitcher near me. However, as said before the food was great and a nice treat to my guest and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinnerpunky31Dined on 8/23/2014There was 4 of us and we enjoyed the food, great server and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Laugh and Talk.AngieDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Servers explained the cooking processes and time. Fun and leisurely. The chocolate was to die for.Special Features:
- I love fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014La Fondue is a great place to while away a few hours eating great food and talking with friends. The purpose of a fondue is not just the meal, but the time spent with others. At La Fondue we spent at least two and one half hours having a terrific meal of cheese fondue, a nice salad, a main course consisting of your choice of filet mignon, shrimp, lobster, chicken, potatoes, vegetables, elk, buffalo and the like-all cooked at table-in a very tasty broth. For dessert there is a wide variety of milk, dark, white chocolates with various add-ins in which you can dip strawberries, bananas, candy pieces, marshmallows as well other delectables. Add a glass of wine, and how could you go wrong? La Fondue excels at all of this. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fondue in DenverDBearDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good and the service was timely and attentive, though somewhat forgetful. The tables are a bit close, so the dinner hour tends to be noisy making it impossible to have a romantic dinner. The view of the city through the front window is grand, unfortunately, at least half the chairs face the customers away from the view. All in all, we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDenverPippinDined on 8/10/2014Overall, I was disappointed in our dining experience. The food was mediocre. It was all "fine", but nothing was great. Even the chocolate fondue was just "ok". The servers were friendly and helpful. The ambience is a bit weird -- if you look closely things are dated, but at a glance it is fine. If you are in the area, and want the experience go..... but if you are looking for a great fondue experience, this is not the place.
- Great for special occasionreviewVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great place to come for a special occasion, fun experience for a date night. Service was great. Loved the infused chocolate.Special Features:
- Fun and yum!motherDaughterFavoriteDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I went to La Fondue for a special mother-daughter get together. She had never done fondue before, so it was a special treat! The service was very good and the food was generously proportioned, delicious, and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent experience with fondue. Although WAY too much excellent food from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodgoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic! The inside could use a serious update. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so FondueDowntowngirlDined on 7/31/2014We found La Fondue to be very average, the salad course was not good and the main entree was not great either. We chose an entree that had lobster, filet mignon, sirloin, chicken and shrimp and the only thing we enjoyed was the shrimp. The lobster was terrible and the beef seemed cheap, pretty disappointing for $37/person. The cheese and chocolate courses were good, but overall it was a very average experience. We were also the only, literally the only, couple dining in the restaurant or bar for most of the meal, which seemed odd for a downtown restaurant. Overall, I was disappointed and probably will not go back in the future.
- Fun place for dinnerjrichardDined on 7/25/2014We have been here a couple times now. The food is good and the atmosphere is good for a nice night out. We love doing fondue together because of how long it takes and there is always good conversation. La Fondue stepped it up this time. We were celebrating our anniversary and they had the flowers I ordered already on the table and had put us in a quiet corner. There were also candles on our table which helped enhance the feel. It was a great anniversary dinner for us.Special Features:
- Great place to eatSandiDined on 7/22/2014A friend and I were going to a play and La Fondue was only a couple of blocks from the theatre. Our server Elisha was an absolute doll. She was so friendly that she definitely added to our dining experience. The food was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationmitch49Dined on 7/20/2014Nice relaxing atmosphere. Went on a Sunday, less crowded. Save the apples for dessert.Special Features:
- charmingcrabbyDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food, wonderful service although the staff were a bit stretched since it was a busy mid-week night! Ambience very nice.Special Features:
- LaFondue on a weekday.JVP1Dined on 7/15/2014My daughter (17), niece (10) and I went there on a weekday. The restaurant was not very busy and was very quiet. We had an expired Travelzoo coupon and were just going to order cheese and chocolate fondues. We decided to order two of the four course meals instead. The service was very good. The waitress kept our drink glasses full and brought us each course with little wait time in between. The food was good, as with every fondue experience I have had, I thought the meat portion was a little skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice date night..lovtodineDined on 7/11/2014I booked this througy travelzoo for a last minute mothers day gift and just went here on Friday night. Food and service was great! But with doing fondue, be prepared to spend some cash...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The food was ok, the atmosphere was ok and the service was ok. We went to La Fondue to celebrate our anniversary and we were not impressed. The restaurant was out dated, staff was not friendly and it was almost depressing being there. The food came out and looked like my 2 year old slapped it on the plate, not what I expected for a $37.00 meal. I would always go to the Melting Pot over La Fondue.
- good food & service, terrible musicdanfoodmanDined on 6/26/2014The service and food were excellent, but they played the worst kind of semi-improv elevator keyboard music the whole time. Just not the right music for a semi-romantic, fun restaurant in downtownSpecial Features:
- Good food, poor service-ChristmasladyDined on 6/24/2014Upon arrival we pulled up to valet parking and had to wait for at least 5 minutes before the valet showed up. We were seated promptly. Water was promised to us and never brought until asked. There was a wine mix up at the bar which delayed our wine order. Fondue was put on half way and then it would take the waitress many minutes later to come back and finish. We asked for additional mushrooms which were never brought until asked a second time. Water glasses were not kept filled. The entire dinner took 3 hours due to this service. Food was ok and their selections were good but I would rather go to the Melting Pot where the service is better and you receive a bit more for your money.Special Features:
- Clean & Dessert was ahhhmazing!!!risaDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I bought a travelzoo for use while we were staying in downtown denver. I was nervous based on some of the reviews about dirtiness and bugs. The place was very clean when we arrived. i found myself searching for rodents and never saw one or a sign of one. The salad and cheese dip were okay, but the meat and dessert were amazing!! It was a good last night dinner for our vacation and we both left soooooo FULL. Worth it simply for the dessert!!!Special Features:
- Love this placeRobnoxousDined on 6/14/2014Very good food and it's fun doing it. Price is a bit high but is what it is. The cheese portion could of been a lil bigger as this was the reason to come here. . Non the less, I will return at some point, gotta get my fondue fix. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a coupon.. .tatabananaDined on 6/10/2014We came here because we had a coupon for a four course meal with wine. The atmosphere was good, our server was nice but the food was nothing fantastic our favorite part was dessert when the chocolate fondue was served.Special Features:
- Wonderful Fondue Experience!CheersTinaMoDined on 6/9/2014The restaurant is large and great for a variety of people and events - families, date night or drinks at the bar. I went on a date there so we opted for the more quiet booths in the back but there are a variety of spots to choose from. There bar scene was fun and upbeat with a great happy hour menu. Our fondue experience was amazing. The service was always helpful and informative of the food and what to do. We had a cheese dip, salads, entrees and dessert. Everything was so tasty that nothing was left behind! La Fondue is in a great location downtown. I would definitely go there again for the happy hour or for the full fondue experience again! Fun, delicious and awesome service makes the overall experience a must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!luveditDined on 6/6/2014First time at this restaurant and loved it! We can't wait to go back again! Will invite friends along the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTrynewplacesDined on 5/31/2014We have been to this restaurant multiple times and was excited about coming back. The chairs in the lobby and our chairs were ragged and need repair, the service as slow to the point that we got the wrong plate for our dinner, but didn't feel we had enough time to get the right one. The menu had changed but they were out of food and didn't say a word until we had to ask about the food on the plate. The price is the same but the quality of the experience was much less than expected.Special Features:
- Great food but expensiveStevieBDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant has great food and great service. My wife and I used a discount voucher to dine here on date night and we both really enjoyed the food and experience. We had a table right next to the window on 15th so there was some great people watching going on during dinner. Our voucher was a good deal, but we had to add quite a bit to really experience the restaurant. In the end, we had a great night, but I couldn't help but think that we could have gotten the same thing at a much less expensive price at the other, more popular local fondue restaurant.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!sggp2kVIPDined on 5/28/2014The service was excellent, out waitress was able to recommend many different options and our meal was fantastic. We will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerIphotoUDined on 5/24/2014We were celebrating our Anniversary and felt the environment could have been more romantic. Tables very close and not very private, felt like we were dining with the couple that was sat at the next table just moments apart. A little disappointed with overall experience for the price.Special Features:
- The following 1006 reviews are from the La Fondue reviews archive.
- newbies are hookedMaleficentDined on 5/24/2014We have never done this before it was a great experience. Plenty of food. Great staff. The whole experience was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!New2DenverDined on 5/17/2014The food quality was very good and I enjoyed it much more than other fondue restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely DinnerKJOSIMPSONDined on 5/17/2014Nice way to spend time with a leisurely multi-course meal. The food is fun and interesting with lots of yummy sauces included with the entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.