1040 15th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafonduedenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 534-0404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Fondue
La Fondue in downtown Denver is known for its unsurpassed quality of food service and dining atmosphere. A great place to celebrate all the occasions of life or just life itself. We offer modern French cuisine as well as a wonderful fondue menu, fondue is a fun place to cook your own food at your own table, have classic cheeses made in front of you and to finish it all off with chocolate fondue with all the goodies to dip into. If you want to celebrate, have a romantic evening or just being with family and friends this is the place that will entertain you and your taste buds!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Fondue - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
La Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (46)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (26)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- food & service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2014LaFondue was one of our favorite restaurants we enjoyed patronizing. They have cheapened the menu to the point ..... we had to de-vain our shrimp before we cooked our shrimp.( we never had to de-vain our shrimp before) We ordered King Crab as an addition to our 4 course meal & it came out 15 after our main meal/set up came out. the cheese fondue was not prepared & mixed poorly
- Fun and RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at La Fondue. The service was excellent with our server able to accommodate all of our requests; attentive but never interrupting us. Loved the food and had a great time cooking at the table. Would highly recommend La Fondue for a special occasion and/or with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LiLiDined on 11/10/2014I was skeptical at first because of the large number of bad reviews, but honestly for an average joe like myself I thought it was an overall great experience. My server was personable and fast, the food was absolutely amazing, and the environment was perfect for a romantic dinner for two. No complaints here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luisVIPDined on 11/9/2014The server was excellent a definite plus will go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go to Melting PotPeacockDragDined on 11/9/2014The food was mediocre. The sauces were bad. At the Melting Pot, you get endless veggies to cook in the broth. Here we got four mushrooms, two sad looking pieces of broccoli and a couple strips of zucchini. The waitress rarely came over to us. It took me at least 30 minutes to get the Peligrino I ordered. I would never give this place my business again. In fact, I do not think they could pay me to try it again. Oh yea, and the hostess should probably not a. pick her nose b. chew her nails c. all of the above.
- Great food fun waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great and huge portions for the money. The hostess was not very good. She couldn't be found initially and noone greeted us. She had difficulty finding a suitable table and actually reached across the hostess station in front of us to look at her computer. This made us nervous as to how the dinner may go, but it was all great after that. The server was attentive and engaging. The food plentiful and delicious. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaughableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Things went from bad to worse on all fronts. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Good ExperienceYummyDined on 10/27/2014I like the new menu. The cheese is still just not quite right. Service was friendly and professional. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Everything!dingdineDined on 10/20/2014Amazing food, great service and great drinks..what more could you want? Definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope you have 6 hours for dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived a bit early for our 7:15 reservation. They seemed busy and told us to go to the bar and wait for our table to be ready. At about 7:35, we were seated. And we sat and sat for another 10 minutes before a waitress came to take our order. We told her we had a 9:30 show to make and she assured us we'd have plenty of time. By 8:30, we'd had only a salad. Finally, at close till 9pm, after having had only 2 of the 4 courses we ordered, we asked for the check so we wouldn't be late to our show. Another 10 minutes later, she brought us the check... Worst dining experience ever. The salad was also soupy and the cheese course was mediocre at best. NOT RECOMMENDED!
- Better before...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We returned to La Fondue based on a great experience we had at our anniversary back in 2006. Both of us thought the service, food, and temperature control have definitely decreased over the years. I think it will be a while before we try it again.
- Needs updatng/better food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014La Fondue is in serious need of a remodel and the food was pretty poor.
- Hot spot for a special occasionbeergeekDined on 10/17/2014We bought the TravelZoo voucher which came with salads, a cheese fondue, two entrees, and dessert fondue. The food was absolutely wonderful, with only two of us we were STUFFED. Great service, awesome atmosphere. Would recommend this spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightColoradoJDined on 10/16/2014The food was super tasty and the atmosphere was perfect. By the time dessert came we were stuffed! Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue - OutstandingOutToEatDined on 10/15/2014The service was splendid, the food great. If you enjoy fondue where you have a chance to talk and enjoy the company you are dining with while cooking your own meal La Fondue is certainly worth considering. The cheese fondue was fantastic, the cuts of meat and fish were superb and the chocolate fondue delivered a great finishing touch. Wonderful place for a date night.Special Features:
- not badsienaDined on 10/14/2014It was pretty good! The service was great, the food was ok. Plan for 2 hours though! No idea it would take so longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissegpowersDined on 10/12/2014Pros: The food was very good, and reasonably priced Cons: Valet was no where to be found, circled the block for 20 minutes before he showed up Server was bored, disinterested, didn't really know how to work the heating element Heating element didn't work properly, cheese portion had to be melted in back and brought out, but didn't stay melted properly, Entrée and desert portion, same issue, I had to mess with it constantly. Was never offered to move to a different table.Special Features:
- Front door locked???anonymousDined on 10/4/2014We arrived at the location close to 6:30pm and found the front door locked. Went into the building through another entrance, weaved our way through a maze, located the hostess station to wait for three confused people to figure out who should seat us. Finally we were taken to our seat....walking past other diners. Oh, if you are bigger than 5'3" and 100 lbs...you won't fit into the booth. At this size I had just inches to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningFondueFunDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant was completely dead Tuesday@7:00pm. There were only 2-3 tables, so service was fine. Food was good but nothing out of the ordinary. It was a pleasant evening for a leisurely meal. We were originally seated in a rounded booth which was totally uncomfortable (absolutely no room between you & the table & no legroom) but since the place was empty we could move to another location. The tables themselves could use some updating -- the raw plywood around the burners looked tacky -- and given the price of their meals, the furniture should be nicer. Saw a note on the menu that if you only wanted dessert, you had to wait until 10:30pm. I'm shocked they would turn away business when they were so dead during a weeknight dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but needs updatingMamaLovesFoodDined on 9/27/2014La Fondue has a delicious menu for fondue items. We enjoyed the cheese course and dessert course the most. I was disappointed that the fabric on the chairs were torn and very dirty. They need to update their chairs and carpet to give the feeling of an upscale restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. This was the first experience in fondue for my daughters age 13 and 9 and they loved the food and can't wait to go again. I hope they update the furniture before we come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerkurlandfDined on 9/20/2014We went to La Fondue for our anniversary. It really was a special experience. We were seated in a comfortable private booth. Our food was delicious. The service was great.Special Features:
- Good service and food, but...RBXDenverDined on 9/18/2014...you can tell the restaurant has seen better days. While we thoroughly enjoyed the service, the food and the extra attention we received for our wedding anniversary dinner, the restaurant itself needs some work. The staff's engagement and tableside preparation were the high points while the broken overhead light, accumulated dust and ceiling tile damage were some of the lows. Most areas show a need for additional cleaning and maintenance. That said, a little in-house TLC will make a big difference. We'd love to go back if these items are addressed. Your food and service are better than the Melting Pot, don't fall down on basic cleaning or repairs!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!MikeDDined on 9/7/2014The food was incredible and my family loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointed55Dined on 8/28/2014Through openable I mentioned we choose them to celebrate my wife's birthday and asked to help make the night special. They did say HBD when we arrived. However, we got the worst table in the house and the service was slow. I expected at least a celebratory drink or dessert. Instead we just received un-classy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Some reviews I had read weren't as complimentary of La Fondue as I would expect. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and wine. Great service by Samantha, plenty of food and delicious dessert.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Sums it up. Could have been Restaurant Week's regular decrease in service level, could have been mid-week blues. Whatever it was, inconsiderate service and awkward attempts at conversation made for a bummer evening. Don't recommend a visit unless you're paying top dollar and the A team of waiters steps up to bat.
- Pleasant eveningMrsDeazy1Dined on 8/26/2014Been a long time since we have been to this place. Had a wonderful evening, no complaints on anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Awful service. Even after we asked the manager to come by it was just one thing after another.
- Great place for Fondue in DenverRockyMtnDinerDined on 8/24/2014This was the second time my girlfriend and I have been to La Fondue and we have been impressed both times, with this second time being for Denver Restaurant Week. The food is great (particularly the cheddar with fat tire cheese course) and the service was extremely quick. It's fondue, so we were in no rush, but as soon as we finished each course, we had the next course ready to eat in less than 5 minutes. Reasonable prices and a good selection make it a great alternative to the Melting Pot, with a better location in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, server was alrightSund3223Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic, as expected. Our server was not around very much, mentioned weed in conversation, and also how he would not be at the restaurant much longer. As my guest and I were both servers in the past, we were not overly thrilled with the service. Had to ask for water every time he decided to make an appearance at our table when the glass was empty every single one of those times. I would have filled it myself if there was a water pitcher near me. However, as said before the food was great and a nice treat to my guest and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinnerpunky31Dined on 8/23/2014There was 4 of us and we enjoyed the food, great server and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Laugh and Talk.AngieDined on 8/23/2014Food was good. Servers explained the cooking processes and time. Fun and leisurely. The chocolate was to die for.Special Features:
- I love fondueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014La Fondue is a great place to while away a few hours eating great food and talking with friends. The purpose of a fondue is not just the meal, but the time spent with others. At La Fondue we spent at least two and one half hours having a terrific meal of cheese fondue, a nice salad, a main course consisting of your choice of filet mignon, shrimp, lobster, chicken, potatoes, vegetables, elk, buffalo and the like-all cooked at table-in a very tasty broth. For dessert there is a wide variety of milk, dark, white chocolates with various add-ins in which you can dip strawberries, bananas, candy pieces, marshmallows as well other delectables. Add a glass of wine, and how could you go wrong? La Fondue excels at all of this. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fondue in DenverDBearDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good and the service was timely and attentive, though somewhat forgetful. The tables are a bit close, so the dinner hour tends to be noisy making it impossible to have a romantic dinner. The view of the city through the front window is grand, unfortunately, at least half the chairs face the customers away from the view. All in all, we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDenverPippinDined on 8/10/2014Overall, I was disappointed in our dining experience. The food was mediocre. It was all "fine", but nothing was great. Even the chocolate fondue was just "ok". The servers were friendly and helpful. The ambience is a bit weird -- if you look closely things are dated, but at a glance it is fine. If you are in the area, and want the experience go..... but if you are looking for a great fondue experience, this is not the place.
- Great for special occasionreviewVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great place to come for a special occasion, fun experience for a date night. Service was great. Loved the infused chocolate.Special Features:
- Fun and yum!motherDaughterFavoriteDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I went to La Fondue for a special mother-daughter get together. She had never done fondue before, so it was a special treat! The service was very good and the food was generously proportioned, delicious, and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Excellent experience with fondue. Although WAY too much excellent food from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodgoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014The food was fantastic! The inside could use a serious update. The service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so FondueDowntowngirlDined on 7/31/2014We found La Fondue to be very average, the salad course was not good and the main entree was not great either. We chose an entree that had lobster, filet mignon, sirloin, chicken and shrimp and the only thing we enjoyed was the shrimp. The lobster was terrible and the beef seemed cheap, pretty disappointing for $37/person. The cheese and chocolate courses were good, but overall it was a very average experience. We were also the only, literally the only, couple dining in the restaurant or bar for most of the meal, which seemed odd for a downtown restaurant. Overall, I was disappointed and probably will not go back in the future.