La Fondue - Saratoga
14550 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Fondue - Saratoga
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafondue.com/
- Phone: 4088673332x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:15pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:15pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:15pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:15pm
***Just Dessert Chocolate Fondue only is served (Sunday-Thursday) between 9:30 pm - 10:00 pm and (Friday-Saturday) 10:30 pm -11:00 pm on a first come first serve basis! (No reservations will be accepted=please walk in!).
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, French, Swiss
- Executive Chef: Wine Director: M. Cutler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There is convenient public parking located behind La Fondue in the parking districts. Lafondue has a valet parking service located in front of the restaurant on Friday & Saturday Nights.
- Private Party Facilities: A special occasion warrants a special dining experience. Lafondue offers private dining for up to 12 guests and larger semi-private rooms for 20, 28 and 36 guests. All are ideal for special events. Or, if you would enjoy dining al fresco, take advantage of our 2 outdoor year round patios(heated and covered) with seating for 24 guests each. Each patio has 19th century reclaimed Provence Farmhouse tiles, Phillipe Starcke chairs and a wonderful Alpine setting!
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4088673332x
- Entertainment: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights are BYOB (No corkage fee!). All other nights BYOB is $25 per 750 ml, including all holidays. We have two dog-friendly patios with doggy tie downs and complimentary filet mignon trimmings. Double burner tables are available for 5 or more persons.
- Special Events: Mon,Tues and Wed nights are BYOB (no corkage fee!-except holidays). Valentines Day and NY's Eve are special prix-fix packages. Closed: July 4, Thanksgiving and Christmas Nights.
A word from La Fondue - Saratoga
The NY Times editorial says "La Fondue is the place to go in the South Bay"! Consistently named the "Best Restaurant", "Best Special Occasion" and "Best Romantic Restaurant" in San Jose by the likes of The San Jose Mercury News,The Metro, The Silicon Valley Concierge Association, and The Wave Magazine. La Fondue brings quality service together with an eclectic chill vibe that caters to the "communal experience" we all crave. Nestled in the Saratoga foothills, Mitchell & Tracey Cutler founded La Fondue Restaurant in 1992 as a boutique dining environment. A kind of Alpine wonderland meets Beverly Hills/19th century Paris lounge kind of vibe. Colors of crushed crimson, gold and royal purples blend with champagne oak and European antiques. La Fondue specializes in international fondues. Come, celebrate a memorable evening!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Fondue - Saratoga - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
La Fondue - Saratoga reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (230)romantic (210)fit for foodies (122)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (63)late-night find (33)hot spot (30)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (17)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great Place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I brought my beautiful girlfriend here, it was our first time. Loved the decore, The salads were fantasic, it was alot of fun grilling the meats, the cocktails were great and had a good price. But the desert was amazing, we picked the white chocolate, we are stilling talking about the place. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service at La Fondue was excellent. The only thing that keeps me from giving this a five star review is that I did not realize that you cook your own food at this restaurant. If my wife and I did it all over again we would have ordered the cheese fondue with the salad, which is very large and filling by itself. Then we would have just gotten the chocolate fondue for dessert. With the dinner it became too much to eat and you have to cook it yourself in a little skillet. The waitress was very nice though and a number of different waiters and waitresses stopped by from time to time to make sure everything was satisfactory.Special Features:
- Fantasic and romantic date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014My boyfriend and I had waited several months for a time when we could come down to enjoy this beautiful spot. The food, ambiance, and service were all top notch! Our server was more like a guide through our culinary adventure. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue - Epitome of ClassFoodie4LifeDined on 10/13/2014Look, I have experienced "fine dining" before, but La Fondue is ranked at the top! From the ambiance (quiet and romantic) to the service (Paul our server was knowledgeable and attentive) La Fondue is worth every penny you spend. And yes, you will spend quite a few, but it will be worth it.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceRebekahDined on 10/12/2014We dined at La Fondue to celebrate a birthday, and it was wonderful! The food was good, the service was excellent, and the whole experience was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ourstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014One of our burners did not work and our server (I think Matt) did everything he could to make it work. He was incredibly nice and consequently made our experience quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencenewbie5612Dined on 10/8/2014First time to experience La Fondue. From start to finish the staff was amazing. They were on top of everything. They work together as a team and it shows they pride themselves on customer services. We had received the La Fondue Experience via Living Social as a Gift. The food was great and abundant, the staff explained everything we needed to know and answered any questions we had. I would recommend La Fondue! The Stinking Fondue was perfect and the Chocolate Fondue with the milk chocolate, caramel, pecans, and they light on fire was amazing! We also had the salads and the Le Freak main course. Also very good!Special Features:
- Glad I had been there beforeAllenDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I go to La Fondue a couple of times a year: We enjoy the food, staff and the take your time and enjoy attitude. This last time was the first time that the noise level was way up. No fault of the restaurant there was a group of teenage girls celebrating. One of the kids parents who were dining in a different section of the restaurant came in a told them a couple of time that they could hear them in their section but that only worked until the parents walked out. I do think the manager could have come in and said something to the girls but that never happened. We will go back but if they sit us in a room with a bunch of kids we will ask to be moved to another table in another section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at La fondueShadowartDined on 10/3/2014I think La fondue has an excellent niche with different foods available and different cooking options this makes it ideal place for allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic evening outashnjoshDined on 10/1/2014We had a fabulous time dining out to celebrate my college graduation. We enjoyed BYOB as we probably would not have spent $200+ on food alone and added an additional $50 for champagne. Thank you for helping us celebrate our special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerjrt1001Dined on 10/1/2014Came here for my birthday and 2 adult sons, great dinner, waiter had helpful suggestions, long leisurely great dinnerSpecial Features:
- FrequentdinerDined on 10/1/2014The service was very attentive informative when discussing the menu. The food was very good and plentiful. The lights were a little low which made it difficult to see the variety of meats and vegatables to be cooked at the table.Special Features:
- Excellent, but...AlollaDined on 9/28/2014Food was amazing! Our waiter had awesome recommendations and knew the menu very well. My only complaint is that we took the waiters recommendation to take the salad to go (good idea, lots of food) but then forgot to give them to us. Which is both our faults. But all in all such a great date night place. Glad I finally checked it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Our server was excellent. Love the spinich salad with all the cheese. Best salad ever..a few nuts added would be perfect.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarz1066Dined on 9/27/2014If you get the 4 course meal, ask for boxes early for half your salad and half your meat because you can't really take the cheese or chocolate home easily and you won't want to miss out on dessert because you're too full!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceNeilVIPDined on 9/25/2014La Fondue maintains its knack for great food and a wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Too darkOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2014It was so dark that you could not read the menu without using the candle from the table to see. Some patrons used their cell phones as a flashlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le FonduebirthdayDined on 9/23/2014We have been to Le Fondue about 15 years ago, We went there to celebrate my wife's 60th Birthday. We previously reviewed the menu and various types of cheese and cooking methods so we wouldn't struggle with decisions later. The menu was very full of various items ranging from chicken to alligator. The only problem was that the place is very dark, to ensure a romantic encounter and difficult to read the menu. That was resolved by the waitress holding the candles for us.Even after reviewing everything above we still had narrowed and ordered our food based on recommendations from the waitress. They work as a team there, so you always feel special. Food and dessert were spectacular and we will be back in Nov. to celebrate our 20th anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soFoodieDined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was great but the food was horrible along with the service. Will not be back again.
- 1 word. .. AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014From the service to the food to everything about this place, it's utterly amazing. I'd go into detail but there just isn't enough space! The antelope is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to dream date adventure!liziheartshautecuisineDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I have been dining at La Fondue for nearly 8 years now. Whenever there is a special occasion, my first thought is, "How can we work in La Fondue?" The dinner/dessert format is an elegant yet straight-forward treat--it hasn't really changed in 8 years. Incredible spice and beer/champagne base combinations make the cheese fondue a delicious, indulgent adventure. The wild game meats are an expedition in and of themselves, from alligator to antelope to wild boar. And the chocolate fondue mirrors the excitement of the cheese experience, with lots of options for flavoring. This restaurant is set apart by its quality of food, ambiance, and artistry. It is *not* like the others, and you will adore it.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSlamDined on 9/17/2014Came here for an anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly in a nice booth where we were able to sit next to each other. The service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be so much betterkattwomanDined on 9/17/2014I've gone there probably 20 times. This last visit will be my last. The cheese fondue was very thin and didn't taste like a good pot of sticky stringy cheese as it should. More like a cheese broth or sauce. The dippers were very mediocre. No blanching of the veggies so they were very firm and the flavors weren't brought out. And because the cheese was thin, the bread cubes got soggy as soon as you dipped it in the cheese. My husband and I didn't eat half the pot, which we normally finish!Special Features:
- Great food, fun, service!AnnSDined on 9/17/2014This was our second visit to La Fondue and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We had the combination meal for 2 which included 2 salads, cheese fondue, a taste of all the meats/seafood, chocolate fondue and a bottle of wine. It is way more than enough for 2 and even for our group of 3. Everything was delicious and service was excellent. We so appreciated the recommendations given to us by our server David who was attentive and helpful and yet not overbearing. The servers all work together to keep tables cleared and food refilled. Definitely request the grill for cooking the meat/seafood/veggies. A very fun place to go and a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not cheaploveFondueDined on 9/12/2014I have been frequenting this restaurant for the last 20 year, never a bad moment but I save it for special occasions as its a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinner with kidsVinylfeverDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the food and service. We were joined by my daughter and boyfriend who recommended toe restaurant. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating is an event at La fonduelivetoeatDined on 9/11/2014We had a great time at La Fondue. I say a great time as we were there almost 3 hours. The time spent was very enjoyable even with a 6 year old and her parents and grandparents. The service was just right; the 3 courses we ordered came at just the right times and spending an evening eating was just great fun for all 3 generations. The restaurant is a little dark for us older folks. Bring a small flashlight or your smart phone with a light to read the wine list and even some of the extensive menu. It is a bit expensive, but when you consider the cost/hour, it is a bargain.Special Features:
- Great food, service but......SpecialplaceDined on 9/10/2014Very noisy, hard to communicate with my wife across from. Food is wonderful, and Brad really took care of us. We will of course go again, but not as often if it were more intimate, and we were able to coomunicate.Special Features:
- Fun and differentAbalone8Dined on 9/9/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable but a bit fast with the words...but was polite as I had to get a word in.... Food was very tasty but was told I smelled like garlic the next day.....my fault.... :) Ordered a bottle of wine and waited 15 minutes or so and had to get another waiter to get the bottle for us.....he apologized....(our waiter) over all good but after $300 + for 2....it will be a while for us to go back..... Thanks, TomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience!FeathertuscaderoDined on 9/8/2014The service quality of the food is unbeatable. The staff is always great. This place, in all the times I've gone there, has never been a let down in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Fondue Is a Neighborhood GemCameron228Dined on 9/7/2014I have been coming to La Fondue for nearly 25 years, yet it still rates consistently as not only a neighborhood gem, but as a the most romantic restaurant in the eclectically trendy Bay Area. With food such as cheese, veggie, meat, and chocolate fondue, this restaurant is sure to please foodies, kids, parents, and the romantics in all of us. My children were first introduced to fondue at age 1 1/2, with the caution that the pots were hot. My eldest son could say fondue before he could say "Mama". We still go to La a Fondue together for birthdays, and special occasions. Sometimes as many as 12 of us come in. La Fondue is worth the time, and we love them for being the most consistently wonderful experiences we've ever had.Special Features:
- Great time for allCraigDined on 9/7/2014We had a large party and had a great time! Service was a little slow but the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceJake88Dined on 9/6/2014Our servers were awesome. Very sociable and knowledgeable. Upbeat attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Had a lovely time. Choices of food were very good. I appreciate that we were challenged to try new meats.Special Features:
- Delicious meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The restaurant is gorgeous, the food is delicious and the wait staff is really nice. The prices have gone up quite a bit and it's hard to keep the total meal cost under $100 for 2 people. For me, this is a 1-2 times per year dining event.Special Features:
- Great for Special occasionsBucketlist2014Dined on 9/2/2014Purchased the "Fondue Experience" off of Living Social and it was worth every penny! Everyone should try this at least once. It allows you the oppty to try Every single meat, fish, chicken they offer and we got a bottle of wine with our meal. My boyfriend took me for my bday & it was awesome! Bon appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special occasionPWG1Dined on 8/31/2014Went there for my wife's birthday and we used a gift certificate we got as a wedding gift in 2002. Great service from the hosts to the service team. Checked up on us, but we're never hovering. Great place foe a special occasion.Special Features:
- Dimly lit romantic diningSouthbayMaxDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a very romantic ambiance. Lit only by four candles at each table, the dimly lit room encourages a quiet dining experience. My dinner included a salad, cheese fondue, exotic meats, and chocolate for dipping your favorite fruits and treats. I would definitely recommend this venue when you don't mind spending just over a hundred dollars a couple.Special Features:
- High Expectations-sad resultsHad2SayDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I went for our 11 year anniversary. We were expecting a romantic place where we could both just relax and enjoy each other's company. Turns out the cheese tasted bad- we tried too. The bread was cold, it was too dark and we talked more to the waiter than to each other because the waiter is so highly involved . We also found out we had to cook the meat ourselves! It was totally not what we expected needless to say we opted out of the cheese and meats and just had dessert. If we had gone just for dessert it would get 5 stars. The dessert was delicious, but it was still a wreck. I don't think we will ever be back there. It was too pricey , for food that had no love in it.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryBooplovesBearDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at La Fondue. We were celebrating our 23 years of marriage. What a wonderful place and very romantic. Our server was excellent and the food was great. I love the salad that we started with. Different than any other restaurant , was so good! The chocolate fondue was to die for!!!!! First time we ever cooked our dinner at our table, was an experience. We enjoyed. We left feeling very full and satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.