La Fonderie Montreal
964 Rachel est
Montreal, QC H2J2J3Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Fonderie Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafonderie.ca/
- Phone: 5145242050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jacques Vinet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Fonderie Montreal
Pour un rendez-vous d"affaire, un tête-à-tête sentimental ou une célébration entre amis, le restaurant La Fonderie demeure l'endroit idéal. La Fonderie sert diverses fondues, au fromage, chinoise, bourguignonne et sans oublier la fondue au chocolat. Viandes, poissons et fruits de mer sont aussi au menu. For a romantic or a celebration between friend, restaurant La Fonderie is the ideal place. La Fonderie offer a savoury choice of different fondues including, Swiss, Bourguignon, Chinese and chocolate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Fonderie Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Yummy chocolate fondueSJ28Dined on 10/16/2014We were new to fondue, but our waitress guided us through the menu and made good suggestions. The meat dishes came with an array of different dipping sauces which made the meal tasty, yet fun. The chocolate fondue with fruit was particularly delicious!Special Features:
- Great food but too smallDemonMessageDined on 10/4/2014Food was great and price reasonable but place way too small for all the tables set. Get very noisy when full and everybody seating tooo closeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table?bringurdatesDined on 7/28/2014Everything at La Fonderie was good.. but open table didnt work so i had no reservation.. so 5 stars for the restaurant and a big 0 star for open table site!.. make sure to call and talk to someone in case its all reservedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the La Fonderie Montreal reviews archive.
- Best fondue restaurant on MontrealImpressedcustomerVIPDined on 5/22/2014At first glance I was concerned that this restaurant would be a disappointment given the rundown neighborhood. However once we entered, we were surrounded by a warmth, both in the choice of colors & the service. We had swiss fondu w/ traditional cheeses & chinese one. Both were delicious and the portions were ample. Later I realized there was a second dining room that was more updated but I preferred our room since it was cozier. When I left, I looked at the street w/ fresh eyes & realized that all of the blocks around La Fonderie had been renovated which was why I was so comfortable walking to the restaurant. That's good since after trying at least 4 other fondue restaurants, we had finally found one that we would happily return to.Special Features:
- Interisting Local restaurantNanookVIPDined on 2/20/2014Fondue was fun and it is a good group setting. Waiters were overwhelmed the night we where there so service was spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a cold winterLauraVIPDined on 2/14/2014Perfect for a cold winter night. We went for Valentine's dinner so it was a set menu. Tasty cheese fondue, good selection of meats, and good chocolate fondue. The resto could use a makeover as there's not much ambiance. Waitress was very friendly and attentive. Nice touch was a long stemmed rose on every table. Presentation of food could use some work but overall the food tasted very good.Special Features:
- Good and CharmingJonathanPDined on 12/7/2013The place is quite charming, not too fancy but not plain either. The food was deliciously prepared and the portions were good. It was a Saturday night so the restaurant was quite busy yet still quiet enough to have good conversation without shouting. This is exactly what you would want when going for fondue. The wait staff was excellent and even suggested a different plate to us which comes with the same portions we asked for but at a cheaper price. All 3 of our fondues (cheese, Chinese, chocolate) were fantastic. I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a nice night out with a lengthy fondue dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest fondue placeLilyDined on 10/18/2013Food was good, service was fair. Honest fondue place.
- Great new experience.LThorntonDined on 7/29/2013We had a great experience at this restaurant. It was a theee hour process so it makes a nice night out with te family. I would recommend and one to try this restaurant. It had great options and even the kids had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FonduelllllDined on 7/25/2013We were visiting Montreal and our 15yo daughter found this charming neighborhood restaurant in the Mount Royal district. The waiter was beyond helpful in explaining the choices, he seemed to really enjoy his job. The fondue "feast" was more than enough for our group and we all agreed this was a gem of a place. As it was July we would have loved an outdoor dining area but we can understand that fondue in the middle of a Montreal winter must be a great event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good but the priceCaroDined on 7/20/2013The food is good but the price is high for the amount you get!!!Special Features:
- Great fonduesFoodLoverDined on 7/10/2013Very good food. Place might not look amazing and indeed is not very cozy but the food is really good. The service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super !!! nous sommes dessylman65Dined on 7/5/2013super !!! nous sommes des habituer de ce resto qui est excellent , on recommande foretement pour un souper en amoureux ou en groupe !! on y retourneras bientôt c est surSpecial Features:
- Slow, Absent Minded ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2013Our dinner took over two and a half hours, but most of that was waiting for the waiter. Our meals did not arrive with all their components and no effort was made to correct the errors. The food is good but not worth the time and aggravation.
- Experience agreableKymEtCieDined on 6/19/2013Nous avons été bien accueillis, bien servis. La bouffe etait excellente, tres bonne quantité et le staff est tres chaleureux et accueillant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toujours aussi bonvivivoltDined on 6/4/2013J'adore la Fonderie, le pain à l'ail est délicieux, nombreux choix de sauce, bonne viande.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, great meat quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013My wife and I like to go there to celebrate our yearly wedding anniversary. Romantic, great meat quality, everything tastes good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un souper fort agréable... et vraimOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Réservation pratiquement à la dernière minute. Accueil sympathique, fondue au fromage à s'en lecher les doigts, vin (Cahors) perfume et bon, servi à la bonne temperature, bref nous avons for apprécié ce repas decide noon planifié. Atmosphère amical.Nous retournerons avec des amis.Le serveur était très occupé mais a toujours gardé son sourire et son amabilité.Special Features:
- The food is good. The meatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food is good. The meat & fish/sea food was fresh! Too much garlic butter on the bread and no choice of regular bread in the basket we had to ask for it. Tables are a nice size which is nice because fondu take a lot of space on a table. The service was good, the waitress we had had a good knowledge of the menu and questions were answered on the spot. A bit too expensive, both it's ok for special occasion. The ambiance was ok. Good place for family or group dinner with kids.Special Features:
- Améliorer la qualité du serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013Améliorer la qualité du service aux tables, c'est à dire déposer délicatement la vaisselle et les plats sur la table.Special Features:
- I have been going to La FonderieOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/20/2013I have been going to La Fonderie for 20 years (omg am I that old) The service is outstanding ,the food consistent and and I find it a relaxing venue.Special Features:
- Johanne is the best waitress....sheFrankyDined on 3/1/2013Johanne is the best waitress....she is there for a long time...and I am going there since the beginning....Special Features:
- La Founderie offers a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013La Founderie offers a pleasant experience at a fair price. The menu is slightly intimidating for noobs but it makes sense after a explanation. The service could be improved with speedier execution and with the price per plate ave. around $50, an upgrade to the decor is needed. However, the taste and plate presentation do offset the previous comments and I would recommend others to this establishment. Overall good find for a great night with friends and loved ones.Special Features:
- tres bon resto en tete a teteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013tres bon resto en tete a tete ou bien en amis je le recommandeSpecial Features:
- Overall good. Only thing wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Overall good. Only thing was the service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Always amazing food.ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Always amazing food.Service and décor could be better.Special Features:
- Pas pire...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013J'ai aimé le moment passé à la fonderie. J'ai découvert que je ne suis pas une fanatique de fondue. C'est pour ça que je n'ai pas vraiment aimé la nourriture. Une bonne place pour ceux qui aime ça.
- WorthwhileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013Guilliame went out of his way to accommodate us despite the fact that Groupon had not printed the menu that the coupon was redeemable for. We came to an agreement half what I wanted off the regular menu half of the promotional menu. All the ingredients were of the finest quality as was the service. I'll be returning.Special Features:
- Exorbitant Prices for Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013Completely unimpressed with the food. The young gentleman running the dining room however was very good even though he knew it was not what we had expected or were looking for. I give his service an outstanding, the waitress was only fair. The food was absolutely not special in anyway and the prices were exorbitant. Would not recommend but again was impressed with some of the service.
- Good food and nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013Good food and nice experience with a Chinese fondue! Awesome chocolate fondue with fruits and tee/cofee. Nice environment and good for a small friends company!Special Features:
- C est notre 2ieme fois etOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/5/2013C est notre 2ieme fois et nous y retournerons certainement! Tres bon service et la nourriture était excellente.Special Features:
- Le 4 services étaient vraimentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Le 4 services étaient vraiment très bon, nous avions un coupon rabais de groupon et les crevettes étaient fantastiques. Le summum. Merci. pour la soirée.Special Features:
- A must if you like fondue.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013I've been going to La Fonderie for many years. It was and still is a great place to eat. The service is warm and simple. The food is excellent. It simply is the best fondue in Montreal.Special Features:
- Bon rapport qualité-prixOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Un seul choix de fondue au fromage et quelques raclettes. Pour les puristes de la fondue savoyarde vous risquez d'être un peu déçus. Pour les autres vous devriez trouver votre bonheur dans la grande carte des fondues a base de viande (bourguignonne et chinoise). Compter dans les 100$ pour deux avec du vin.Special Features:
- Not picky but disappointed: overpriOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Food was good even if the prices are way too high for what you get. A normal cheese fondue 30$ ? No vegetables as sides and you get only deep fried potatoes with it. Restaurant and decor is old and need refrubishing. Poor waiter was alone for a full restaurent. Food was pulled out quick but no other form of service at all. Mistakes were made on bills : twice.Special Features:
- We went for a work ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012We went for a work Christmas party. The experience was great, the meat and regular bread were fresh, the cheese was amazing, the garlic bread was crispy, buttery and garlicky, and the chocolate was delightful. The only disappointment was the "green salad" - it was, quite literally, a green salad - with nothing but half a head of romaine lettuce chopped up with balsamic/olive oil dressing on it. I also recommend escargot - it was not rubbery or chewy and it had a great flavour.Special Features:
- The best Fondue in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012If you are looking to eat a very good Fondue go there ....Great food and great service. However, the ambiance ( decoration ) need to be modernize the same decoration since many years. But we forget about the decoration when we eat the food which is sooooo good and the service is No 1, Thanks to Jojo and all the excellent team at La FonderieSpecial Features:
- Le bonheur est dans la sauce !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Nous avions obtenu un forfait souper pour 2 personnes et nous avons vraiment apprécié. C'était notre première expérience dans un restaurant offrant des fondues et nous avons été séduits par l'excellence des sauces maisons. L'ambiance est très chaleureux. Nous allons y retourner avec des amis.Special Features:
- Tres bon service, bon repas,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Tres bon service, bon repas, rien a redire, juste un peu cher.
- Good stuff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012That was an unexpected great experience. Good Food, good service, nothing too much.Special Features: