La Fonda del Bosque
1701 4th Street SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Fonda del Bosque
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafondadelbosque.com/
- Phone: 5052479480
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Open for Dinner on Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Alberto Mendez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide full-service custom catering for a wide variety of corporate, individual and university-related events within Albuquerque & Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Weddings become one-of-a-kind when the couple infuses the ceremony and reception with personal flair.
From fundraising galas to graduations, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between, our Personalized Events will assure your social gathering is impressive and entertaining.
- Private Party Facilities: La Fonda Del Bosque has a semi-private section that is perfect for small groups. Also private dining rooms (largest capacity 250)are available. Whether it’s a business lunch for 10 or a dinner party for 250 or more, your event belongs at La Fonda del Bosque.
- Private Party Contact: Hanif Mohamed 8886519709
- Entertainment: Flamenco guitarist available every Sunday for Brunch
A word from La Fonda del Bosque
Modern Latin restaurant with a sweeping universe of flavors, cooking styles and ingredients from the 27 countries comprising Central and South America and the Latino Caribbean islands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Fonda del Bosque reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great brunch buffet!YumYummyDined on 5/4/2014We went here for the brunch buffet on Sunday. This isn't a huge buffet, but the offerings were awesome. Lots of fresh fruit, high quality ingredients in all of the dishes. The only complaint would have to be the service. There is a buffet that you just help yourself, but then you can order from the menu as well (included in the price). It took a long, long time to get the dishes to our table. When they did my steak was a bit overcooked, but they replaced it quickly. The servers took a little while to notice when our drinks needed refills, but not too long. The desserts were really good too. Standard buffet style desserts (mini cheesecake, cake squares, flan, etc), nothing amazing, but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delux Dining At It's Best!ladyrutzDined on 4/20/2014I had Easter brunch here with my neighbors and we couldn't have had a better time, nor could we have picked a better restaurant. The food selection was outstanding and scrumptious which was not only my opinion. It is so nice to know that when I recommend going to La Fonda del Bosque that those friends who come with me share in my delights about the place as well. The added touch was the guitar player in the room who added an extra sense of comfort to enjoying our delicious meal. I rank La Fonda del Bosque the best restaurant in town!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Each Easter, we've been going to the brunch at La Fonda del Bosque and enjoying their varied menu. This year we were disappointed that they did not serve up any breakfast type of food. The lunch type of food was good, but I noticed that this year the selection was fewer. I also noticed that the crowd of people was not there this year. I hope they bring back a true brunch with both breakfast and lunch type items on the table next year.
- Such a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014The first time we ate at La Fonda was a wonderful experience, but the next two times were a big let down. Easter brunch was especially disappointing; we brought out-of-town company expecting marvelous offerings and were not pleased with the food or the service. Starting with being seated-we were the fourth party to enter, and was refused a booth. The carving station had delicious meats but they were cold & so was the coffee. Other beverages, (juice, mimosa) if available were not offered. For Easter Brunch, the prices went from the usual $22 to $35 pp; no menu items from the kitchen.The guitar player is great, caters to the patrons; the torreon and museum are wonderful places to take visitors. Too bad the restaurant is a disappointment.
- Good but not greatLawyerGirlDined on 3/28/2014La Fonda del Bosque is a convenient place to dine if you are headed to a show at the National Hispanic Cultural Center, but it is not necessarily fine dining. The restaurant has more of the feel of a high-end cafeteria. The menu is very limited and they only have a beer and wine license. The restaurant staff is very nice but are not necessarily trained at waiting tables. That said, the salmon and mashed potatoes are excellent - the other items on the menu appear to be hit or miss (although we were told that it was only the chef's second night so the quality of the other food may improve).
- Vibrant new menuGastonDined on 3/26/2014It was a pleasure to dine at La Fonda del Bosque, beautifully located in the Hispanic Cultural Center, prior to attending an opera in the same facility. It was the restaurant's first night to introduce a new menu, and the changes were excellent ones. The prix fixe menu centered on a beautifully prepared salmon dish, with a salad of brie stuffed sweet potatoes and jicama with a light dressing, and concluded with a tasty flan. I had lamb which was perfectly cooked with sides of a vegetable napoleon and tasty polenta. Both our waitress, Crystal, and the manager could not have been more attentive. For those who may have gone previously and not been totally pleased, I'd encourage them to visit again and try the delectable new choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the basics - and more!foodie7722Dined on 3/1/2014On the grounds of Albuquerque's National Hispanic Cultural Center, La Fonda del Bosque is ideal for dinning before seeing a show in the nearby theatre. The menu offers both a prix fixe option, and a la carte. I was extremely pleased with the Prix Fixe green salad with mixed seafood, Beef Short Ribs in a port wine reduction sauce with garlic-y mashed potatoes and tender in-season fresh asparagus, followed by a generous slice of bread pudding. Dinner before a show is so much more relaxing when you don't have to keep your eye on the time, or have to get back in your car and drive to your show venue. My friends and I were able to savor every last sip of wine before leisurely walking across the plaza to enjoy our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014We had dinner here prior to a show. Our reservation was at 5:30 and we were the first people there for dinner, and it was very cold in the restaurant. The service was excellent and the menu was limited but with enough selection for everyone in our small party to find something they liked. The food was fine but not outstanding. It is nice to have a place to eat where you can go right into a show without having to drive.
- V-dayDeezyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went to this restaurant for valentine's day. We were disappointed that their menu was extremely limited (soup and filet mignon was on menu but apparently sold out). The best part was the main course. Dessert bar was lacking (only a few slices/available options). GREAT SERVICE made the romantic blow easier to deal with.
- Valentine's Day ExperienceRussellABQDined on 2/14/2014I had high hopes for Fonda del Bosque after reading very good reviews about the restaurant. I made a 9pm reservation for the $75/couple Valentine's Day four course meal. Unfortunately the restaurant had not prepared well for the event. They were out of one of the two appetizer options, and one of the four entree options. Also, from the beginning it was clear that our server was looking forward to the night being over. My wife and I felt extremely rushed, and were not even asked for a drink order before the waitress wanted our entree order. Everything was extremely quick, which would ordinarily be fine, but it just felt very rushed. Also, my pork came out very dry. It had the feel of a catered meal, where everything was cooked hours before.
- Great experienceValentinesVacationDined on 2/14/2014Dinner here was the start of a great Valentine's evening. Our server was a very nice and funny woman who improved the experience. All of the staff was attentive and pleasant. The food was awesome. It was the first time I had been here and booked it based on reviews I read, and it lived up to my expectations.Special Features:
- Wow!TatianaDined on 2/14/2014I went to La Fonda for Valentine's Day and it was the most wonderful experience! We were received by (the owner's?) kids who gave us a rose and the little boy took us to our seats. The service was prompt, very friendly, and super attentive. The owner visited with all the tables and was extremely nice. The FOOD...omg the FOOD was delicious!!! Best filet mignon we've had in town!!! And the fish was delicious, tender, and very flavorful. We would definitely recommend this place to everyone and we'll be coming back for more :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have had several pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We have had several pleasant meals at La Fonda del Bosque, some have been the brunch buffet others just meals with friends. The food has never disappointed us and the service is friendly, prompt and very good. There is a musician playing softly in the background which is delightful as well. We highly recommend La Fonda del Bosque.Special Features:
- Ballet Brunch Bountiful, Beautiful!GenevaDined on 1/12/2014We ate Sunday Brunch at the restaurant before the Don Quixote ballet on 12 Jan 2014. We were expecting awesomeness as the online reviews were all positive. Boy were they right! Everyone gets unlimited smoked salmon, a shrimp quiche with green chili (not hot), a Cuban version of French toast, berry crepes, and a huge fresh fruit platter-- all delicious. There was also a small but elegant dessert bar. Every dessert was reduced to the most exquisite essence of the flavors -- tiramisu, flan, petits fours. Each diner also received one entrée made-to-order from a brunch menu -- my husband and I selected Paella and Eggs Benedict. Both came with chorizo. Presentation and the portion was just right. Also, a live spanish guitarist. Nice!!!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the SundayKay1Dined on 11/17/2013We really enjoyed the Sunday brunch. The quiche, French toast and the paella entre were all excellent. The décor was bright and pretty and the guitar player added just the right touch. I would recommend this spot for a delicious and relaxing treat on Sunday morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before concert or Lobos sport eventABQfanDined on 11/10/2013Extensive Sunday brunch before NHCC classical concert. Hints of New Mexican chilis but fresh fruits, excellent seafood quiche, lox, cheeses, crepes, plus choice of 6 entrees fresh from kitchen. Coffee and generous fruit juice serving. Wines available. Walked out door to the NHCC concert site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for SteakMarvingoDined on 11/7/2013Consistent quality ingredients. Don't skip the appetizers. The flank steak deserves special mention. Very friendly and attentive service. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchFussVIPDined on 11/1/2013I stopped in here for lunch and was very surprised about the quality of meal I got for the price. I had the 3 course business meal for $15 and loved every course. I had a Caesar salad, fish tacos, and a Carmel cheesecake. I would recommend all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-showrick1wDined on 10/23/2013A lovely way to get ready for a show at the center. Afterward we headed next door to see "Don Giovanni" ... in the best possible mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The brunch and the classicalTommyDined on 10/6/2013The brunch and the classical guitar player made for apleasant Sunday.Special Features:
- The food was good but theBillDined on 10/4/2013The food was good but the steaks arrived cold and there was not attempt to correct the issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical brunch buffetNMPattiDined on 9/8/2013This was my first visit and my expectations were not real high, but boy oh boy what great food! Don't expect to find scrambled eggs and bacon on the buffet steam tables. Instead you will be treated to prawn quiche, wild mushroom and ratatouille tarts rolled ham and cheese crepes, lox, fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition to all this, you can order an item off the menu to be freshly prepared for you. Options include paella, huevos rancheros, carne adovada, tenderloin eggs benedict--so many choices it was hard to pick one but I opted for the paella which was loaded with delicious seafood and a spicy sausage. My husband chose the chile rellenos w/eggs and loved it. Then it was time for the dessert buffet, every choice delicious.Special Features:
- Great meal before the balletOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013La Fonda del Bosque is now open for dinner on Thurs, Fri and Saturday nights. It's a great place to go before a show at the National Hispanic Cultural Center. I had churrasco perfectly cooked to medium rare and my husband had the Pheasant Wellington. We also found it a good place for conversation with dinner. The wine list is limited but acceptable. Parking is easy. We have also enjoyed lunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DelightRavenDined on 6/16/2013I loved my paella and my family liked their NM version of eggs benedict. Service was prompt, the buffett had a good selection, plus there was music for this special day. The patio was not open for seating when we went but maybe we can be seated there next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening sun was a bit muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013Evening sun was a bit much coming in the huge windows that had no coverings. Would be better after dark or at a Sunday brunch. The food was tasty and filling. The wait staff was very nice, attentive, and prompt. We would go back but not for a romantic dinner unless it was after dark. We will go for the Sunday brunch and we would recomment it especially to eat at before an event at the cultural center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lovely dinner priorBarneyDined on 5/18/2013Had a lovely dinner prior to a show at the Cultural Center. It was lovely and nice to have time for a little walk before the show. We are looking forward to going back for brunch some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2013Excellent food. Worth a visit for lunch and would go back for dinner as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Mother's Day a Hit with Mom!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013The service was awesome, just as the reviews I had read suggested. My mom was greeted with a "happy mother's day" and a long-stemmed rose. There was beautiful, live accoustic music and the ambience was great. The food was really good and everyone from the people manning the buffet to the waiters to the people manning the carving stations were amazing. My mom had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend La Fonda del Bosuque to anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTSUSIEDined on 5/10/2013WE RECENTLY MOVED INTO BERNALILLO AND ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW PLACES AND THIS ONE WAS A REAL GEM. WE PLAN TO RETURN MANY TIMESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service, ambience isOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Food, service, ambience is always outstanding. We have been going there for several years and it is always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Our party of four enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Our party of four enjoyed a memorable and wonderful Easter brunch buffet. I especially enjoyed the breakfast items; my son could not get enough of the veal and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was gracious and unhurried. Our table was comforable. After the meal we enjoyed a leisurely afternoon on the patio surrounded by flowering shrubs and pretty junipers (not the pollenating kind). My review has so many superlatives you may think it has been written by an insider. Not so. I booked this reservation from Texas, not knowing what was available in ABQ and never having heard of La Fonda del Bosque. I took a chance, based on the online information and "hit a homerun", according to my family. Thank you La Fonda for a great Easter memory.Special Features:
- The restaurant was not preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The restaurant was not prepared for an "event" adjacent to the restaurant. There was insufficient wait staff for the number of people there, and service was slow, although the waitress tried. She was just overwhelmed. Although we had planned for 75 minutes at the restaurant, we barely got to our seats for the opening curtain.
- Avoid at all cost.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Made a reservation here since we were attending a performance at the adjacent performing arts hall. Absolute disaster. Room was full but there were only two staff. Did not bring all that was ordered, food was mediocre at best and not what was listed on the menu, wine was horrible, and though we had allowed an hour and a half for dinner in order to comfortably make the show we had to push the maitre d' for our food, then had 15 minutes to eat our entres, and then had to push to get the bill - ended up just making the show. Won't do that again.
- Food was wonderful. SteakoperabuffDined on 3/22/2013Food was wonderful. Steak very tender. Service was poor because there was not enough waitresses for the crowd. Never got a chance to order coffee or dessert. Manager called the next day to apologize and to offer to send a gift certificate, so that was nice.Special Features:
- Best kept secret in AlbuquerqueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We were delighted with the white table cloths, choice of table or booth and a central fire place that set the scene. Our waitress was attentive and informative about each of the questions we had. There was a lovely variety of appetizers, entries, and desserts.We did not feel rushed. The presentation of food was both beautiful to behold and delicious to eat. Two of us had the pheasant in puff pastries with the garlic potatoes and asparagus and the the other two entries were the New York Steak and the flat iron steak. All cooked to perfection. As an added touch we met both the manager and the chef. We felt our dining experience was unique to Albuquerque and was a great value for the quality of food offered and the quiet, romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Wow! One of the best meals we have ever had in ABQ. Chef Alberto and the entire staff nailed it.Special Features:
- We went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013We went here for Valentine's Day and it was an excellent experience. I had the Pheasant and my fiance had the steak and both were satisfying and mouth watering to the very last bite. The waitress was very good and I was pleased to note the manager and executive chef both took the time to make it to our table to see how our evening was progressing. The manager mentioned to me that they have changed the lunch menu to include a variety of latin influences. We will definitely be back for lunch and another dinner in the very near future.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went there for Valentine's Day--it was a special menu, $65 per couple. Atmosphere was very romantic--a pinon fire in the cozy fireplace and a musician playing soft Spanish guitar. I was given a long-stemmed rose as soon as we entered and we received 2 glasses of champaigne when we sat down. We ordered two entrees and split them between us: Pheasant Wellington and Filet Oscar, both were delicious. Starters included an endive salad with figs and boar bacon. Dessert was a buffet of cakes, chocolate-covered strawberries, eclairs and other tasty tidbits. Service was excellent--we had a problem with an emergency light being too bright and they took pains to block it for us. I understand that new management took over seven mos. ago. Kudos!Special Features:
- We went for brunch and itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/20/2013We went for brunch and it was really good. There was plenty of food options including the appetizer bar and menu choices. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Excellent food and service. The best service I have had in Albuquerque in a long time.Special Features: