523 Morris Ave.
Summit, NJ 07901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafocaccianj.com/
- Phone: (908) 277-4006
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Bitici
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: La Focaccia is happy to make its entire menu available for catering. Please call us or refer to our website for catering menu and prices.
A word from La Focaccia
La Focaccia is a traditional Italian BYO restaurant owned by Chef Owner Joe Bitici. La Foccacia's menu offers a wide variety of options ranging from homemade pastas and fresh game to seasonal specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Focaccia reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (21)special occasion (20)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014We eat here a lot, usually with another couple. You need a reservation because they are always busy. The waiters are amazing and never give a bad recommendation. There are multiple specials to add to the menu. Food is delicious, served hot and on time. Bring your own wine. Parking is a bit of a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceJano48VIPDined on 11/20/2014The food and service are always consistently good at La Focaccia. Week nights are a real pleasure when the room doesn't get as crowded as on a Saturday night. Their tuna tartare is about the best around! The fried zucchini are delicious, as was the mozzarella appetizer. Entrees are large and fresh, good fish stew and chicken with arugula. Be sure to ask the prices on the specials, as they can be higher than the averages on the menu. And of course the savings with a BYO make this a frequent go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChloeDined on 11/15/2014As always the service was perfect and the food was wonderful. It's always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a great mealPaulfVIPDined on 11/8/2014Lafoccia is always good. Great food and great service. Can't missSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; impeccable service!Jjd331Dined on 11/2/2014I had a first date on Sunday evening. La Foccacia was conveniently located; but besides that, the food was excellent and the service was impeccable and polite. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly atmospherePomodoroDined on 11/1/2014Food was very good especially the calf liver (if you like that), seafood was fresh. The fried oysters might have been frozen, they were dried and did not taste freshly made. Good deserts but not the espresso. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Fab Gnocchi & Veal DishesMangia2Dined on 10/22/2014We had great appetizers: clams organs to & fried zucchini! We followed that with veal chop Marsala that was very tender & wonderfully seasoned and Gnocchi with crisp prosciutto & peas in a creamy sauce. Very tender & light pasta. We finished with Creme Brûlée that was topped with fresh berries, had a crisp surface & creamy center. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twinbieVIPDined on 10/11/2014La Foccacia rarely disappoints. The atmosphere is warm and lively, the food is hearty and always good. Usually, the service is top-notch but this time it was very slow. I think our waiter was the problem. Otherwise, no negatives to report.Special Features:
- Excellent reasonable local gemSearch4bestnnjVIPDined on 10/11/2014The bread is outstanding, and the Tuscon Fish Stew was fantastic. Large shrimp, flavorful and just the right degree of spice! Our second time there and we will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Great food with haughty service.GabijaDined on 10/7/2014Our work group reservation for 10 people was made here with some concerns, but we went with it as it met the other criteria we needed to find (open early, close to work, BYOB). Some folks had eaten here some time ago and enjoyed the food, but stopped going for reasons that soon became apparent. The food was excellent, soup to nuts - our appetizers, salads, entrees, desserts, coffee were all just great! It is a shame that the service from the SAME GROUP OF WAITERS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE A VERY LONG TIME could not measure up; they should know better! We ALL felt as if we were a bother, as well as being rushed at the outset. Too bad. There are now 10 people who do not have a positive thing to say to friends about La Focaccia nor recommend it.Special Features:
- UnexpectedaleedsDined on 10/1/2014Excellent food, excellent service -- a group of 8 of us enjoyed lunch in celebration of a couple birthdays and we all loved it! Service was very good, far better than most restaurants in the area, and the food was quality and handled with a deft touch. Looking forward to my next meal there...Special Features:
- Our go-to restaurantProfesseurDined on 9/30/2014Great food and service. Always a pleasure to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantSunnySandyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The service was excellent and we had a very nice quiet table. While we were disappointed in the soup of the day, the rest of the dinner was good. We were not charged for the soup.Special Features:
- Variety and FlavorCDAnthonyDined on 9/27/2014I have never been disappointed with any meal at La Focaccia. The service was attentive and swift considering how busy this place can be. There is a lot to choose from and not just in the pasta category, though that is where they excel. We had a fairly early reservation (6:30) and had to catch a movie so the waiter made sure we were served in a timely manner. The burratta and the rigatoni with capers were the favorites at our table. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful!PatsyDined on 9/23/2014Once again we enjoyed our dining experience at La Focaccia. The service is always outstanding, we are given just the right amount of attention and NEVER rushed. But what keeps us coming back is the delicious food. Never disappointed, all the choices are fantastic! Thank you!Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedcarolinagirlVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was delicious, the service was attentive, and the prices were reasonable...plus the restaurant is BYOB. We really enjoyed the dinner and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Have been there numerous times. Always love the grilled shrimp with white bean purée.Special Features:
- SwamiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, but the noise level can be very loud. Bad acoustics and loud clientele?Special Features:
- La FocacciaHappilyfedDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience we had on August 3rd, at La Focaccia. First of all the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. I love that this is also a bring your own, which helps to keep the cost of the evening down. I have been telling everyone about our meal and I am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local secret!JerseyInWonderlandDined on 8/1/2014La Focaccia is located off the beaten track in Summit but it is always packed and has been for 20 years! Nondescript outside, inside it's lovely and the patrons dress up to suit. Local families cram the tables, couples coo in the corners,all enjoying the truly fabulous food. The menu is generous but if you want the best, choose the specials. They represent what is fresh that day and has the chef's special attention. Everything, from appetizers thru dessert, is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the La Focaccia reviews archive.
- Less than expected.PennsyRRDined on 6/20/2014Arrived before the locals, for a 6pm reservation. Took a while for anyone to greet us at the door. Too many staffers handling our two-some resulted in no one coming back to check if our food was OK, to check on our drinks, or any other quality elements. While the food was good, our salad plates, and dinner plates were removed from our table almost before our forks hit the plates. One of the "bus boy" staff managed to smack my chair EVERY time walked behind me. Independent of our seating, I noted that the Host, who had eventually showed up at his post, spent the time staring at the tables like a hawk. Certainly made an odd impression. Having said all this, we will go back, hoping it was just an odd evening for them.
- Reliable SpotBrooklyngirlVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food is always better than average at this Summit restaurant that is not in the downtown area. It can be noisy, and Sat nights the wait can be long, even with a reservation. However, we were there in a Thursday for dinner and it was buzzing but we were seTed right away. Appetizers included clans in a spicy broth and a great beet salad. All the entrees we had were excellent and they have a great selection of desserts. A place to come back to for really good Italian food that is not the standard fare found all over NJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014We have been going here for years and will continue to do so. We brought another couple with us (their first time) and they really enjoyed the experience. The staff is very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- WestOrange2Dined on 6/10/2014Consistently good ..good menu selections. Bread is great. Very nice atmosphere.mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014This is my and my husband's favorite restaurant. Service is fantastic, food is amazing. I can't say enough good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My Grade is E. Elegant, Efficient, Exquisite and------EXPENSIVESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, but Great food and serviceSwamiVIPDined on 5/30/2014Acoustics are so bad or the clientele is really loud. Can't tell which, but its so noisy you can't hear people at your table. Love the food though. The waiters and staff are really nice old timers that engage children very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014La Focaccia has excellent Italian food and top notch service. Reasonable pricing as well. I like that it is BYO because you can pair their great food with your own great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014Food and service is always very good but is pricey for what it isI would recommend this to a friend.
- Traffic cop needed on Mother's dayOutofTownerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was great but we felt rushed. Would enjoy it better on a non holidaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasant dining experiencejulieDined on 5/10/2014I was disappointed with my dining experience at La Focaccia. The restaurant is pretty, but was extremely noisy and the tables were so close together that it was necessary to rearrange our chairs to avoid being poked by the woman at the next table. When the waiter presented the "specials" I asked the price. He looked at me as though the question was inappropriate, but I'm glad I asked, because the $44 price tag was $8 more than the most expensive menu item and significantly higher than most of the entrees which were more reasonably priced under $30. A few of us ordered veal milanese, which was dry and very tough. I would have shared this with our waiter, but he did not reappear until he brought over the dessert menus.
- Consistent and reliableEatsDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food is flavorful and fresh. Very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going StrongOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014This was not our first time dining at La Foccacia, and it won't be our last. The service and food are outstanding! They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Closed Mondays !!Debster14VIPDined on 4/22/2014Made a reservation for Monday evening. When I got to restaurant it was closed . So disappointing
- Excellent Quality Italian FoodFoodFaceVIPDined on 4/13/2014I am not from the area, was there that day and found this restaurant on Open Table. We were glad that we did, it is always a gamble trying a new Italian restaurant, however, this met and exceeded our standards. Everything was excellent and the service could not have been better. Definitely would go back the next time I am in that part of town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any attempt you can do toalwaysthere1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Any attempt you can do to lessen background noise would be beneficialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great, except for???marzherDined on 3/29/2014The service was great, and the appetizers and salads were excellent. We were seated immediately. We all loved the bread and the olive oil dip. Where it lacked in flavor were the pasta dishes. All four of us agreed on that. The portions of the main dishes looked hearty and large, but we were in the mood for pasta. I had the cream sauce with mushrooms and spinach. Very bland. Even after adding parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Still bland. Each of us found our pasta to be well cooked, yet bland. Order a main dish. Perhaps share a pasta dish.
- ConsistentSsnissimVIPDined on 3/22/2014Have been going here for years. The food is always delicious and the service professional. Only "issue" is there's usually a wait, even with a reservation but they'll open your wine for you. Would recommend this restaurant for consistent, always well prepared Italian food in a warm, inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining ExperienceDeborahVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I along with another couple enjoyed another outstanding dining experience at La Focaccia this past Saturday night. The food is delicious, the service is delightful and the ambiance is very attractive. I highly recommend their Fried Artichoke, a Roman specialty, for an appetizer, it is light, crispy and melts in your mouth - just as if you were eating in Rome! Two of us enjoyed Rack of Lamb and the other two entrees [Venison and Beef carpaccio] were all big hits. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outStanVIPDined on 3/5/2014An enjoyable experience on a cold Wednesday night. Relatively low noise level, some interesting dishes (mussels, sweetbreads, a great tiramisu) and BYOB. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.