523 Morris Ave.
Summit, NJ 07901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafocaccianj.com/
- Phone: 9082774006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Bitici
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: La Focaccia is happy to make its entire menu available for catering. Please call us or refer to our website for catering menu and prices.
A word from La Focaccia
La Focaccia is a traditional Italian BYO restaurant owned by Chef Owner Joe Bitici. La Foccacia's menu offers a wide variety of options ranging from homemade pastas and fresh game to seasonal specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Focaccia - Best Restaurants in Summit ›
La Focaccia reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)special occasion (13)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- NancyDined on 8/20/2014Have been there numerous times. Always love the grilled shrimp with white bean purée.Special Features:
- SwamiVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, but the noise level can be very loud. Bad acoustics and loud clientele?Special Features:
- La FocacciaHappilyfedDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience we had on August 3rd, at La Focaccia. First of all the service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. I love that this is also a bring your own, which helps to keep the cost of the evening down. I have been telling everyone about our meal and I am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local secret!JerseyInWonderlandDined on 8/1/2014La Focaccia is located off the beaten track in Summit but it is always packed and has been for 20 years! Nondescript outside, inside it's lovely and the patrons dress up to suit. Local families cram the tables, couples coo in the corners,all enjoying the truly fabulous food. The menu is generous but if you want the best, choose the specials. They represent what is fresh that day and has the chef's special attention. Everything, from appetizers thru dessert, is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expected.PennsyRRDined on 6/20/2014Arrived before the locals, for a 6pm reservation. Took a while for anyone to greet us at the door. Too many staffers handling our two-some resulted in no one coming back to check if our food was OK, to check on our drinks, or any other quality elements. While the food was good, our salad plates, and dinner plates were removed from our table almost before our forks hit the plates. One of the "bus boy" staff managed to smack my chair EVERY time walked behind me. Independent of our seating, I noted that the Host, who had eventually showed up at his post, spent the time staring at the tables like a hawk. Certainly made an odd impression. Having said all this, we will go back, hoping it was just an odd evening for them.
- Reliable SpotBrooklyngirlVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food is always better than average at this Summit restaurant that is not in the downtown area. It can be noisy, and Sat nights the wait can be long, even with a reservation. However, we were there in a Thursday for dinner and it was buzzing but we were seTed right away. Appetizers included clans in a spicy broth and a great beet salad. All the entrees we had were excellent and they have a great selection of desserts. A place to come back to for really good Italian food that is not the standard fare found all over NJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014We have been going here for years and will continue to do so. We brought another couple with us (their first time) and they really enjoyed the experience. The staff is very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- WestOrange2Dined on 6/10/2014Consistently good ..good menu selections. Bread is great. Very nice atmosphere.mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014This is my and my husband's favorite restaurant. Service is fantastic, food is amazing. I can't say enough good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My Grade is E. Elegant, Efficient, Exquisite and------EXPENSIVESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, but Great food and serviceSwamiVIPDined on 5/30/2014Acoustics are so bad or the clientele is really loud. Can't tell which, but its so noisy you can't hear people at your table. Love the food though. The waiters and staff are really nice old timers that engage children very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014La Focaccia has excellent Italian food and top notch service. Reasonable pricing as well. I like that it is BYO because you can pair their great food with your own great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014Food and service is always very good but is pricey for what it isI would recommend this to a friend.
- Traffic cop needed on Mother's dayOutofTownerDined on 5/11/2014Food was great but we felt rushed. Would enjoy it better on a non holidaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unpleasant dining experiencejulieDined on 5/10/2014I was disappointed with my dining experience at La Focaccia. The restaurant is pretty, but was extremely noisy and the tables were so close together that it was necessary to rearrange our chairs to avoid being poked by the woman at the next table. When the waiter presented the "specials" I asked the price. He looked at me as though the question was inappropriate, but I'm glad I asked, because the $44 price tag was $8 more than the most expensive menu item and significantly higher than most of the entrees which were more reasonably priced under $30. A few of us ordered veal milanese, which was dry and very tough. I would have shared this with our waiter, but he did not reappear until he brought over the dessert menus.
- Consistent and reliableEatsDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food is flavorful and fresh. Very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going StrongOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014This was not our first time dining at La Foccacia, and it won't be our last. The service and food are outstanding! They never disappoint.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the La Focaccia reviews archive.
- Closed Mondays !!Debster14VIPDined on 4/22/2014Made a reservation for Monday evening. When I got to restaurant it was closed . So disappointing
- Excellent Quality Italian FoodFoodFaceVIPDined on 4/13/2014I am not from the area, was there that day and found this restaurant on Open Table. We were glad that we did, it is always a gamble trying a new Italian restaurant, however, this met and exceeded our standards. Everything was excellent and the service could not have been better. Definitely would go back the next time I am in that part of town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any attempt you can do toalwaysthere1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Any attempt you can do to lessen background noise would be beneficialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great, except for???marzherDined on 3/29/2014The service was great, and the appetizers and salads were excellent. We were seated immediately. We all loved the bread and the olive oil dip. Where it lacked in flavor were the pasta dishes. All four of us agreed on that. The portions of the main dishes looked hearty and large, but we were in the mood for pasta. I had the cream sauce with mushrooms and spinach. Very bland. Even after adding parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Still bland. Each of us found our pasta to be well cooked, yet bland. Order a main dish. Perhaps share a pasta dish.
- ConsistentSsnissimVIPDined on 3/22/2014Have been going here for years. The food is always delicious and the service professional. Only "issue" is there's usually a wait, even with a reservation but they'll open your wine for you. Would recommend this restaurant for consistent, always well prepared Italian food in a warm, inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining ExperienceDeborahVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I along with another couple enjoyed another outstanding dining experience at La Focaccia this past Saturday night. The food is delicious, the service is delightful and the ambiance is very attractive. I highly recommend their Fried Artichoke, a Roman specialty, for an appetizer, it is light, crispy and melts in your mouth - just as if you were eating in Rome! Two of us enjoyed Rack of Lamb and the other two entrees [Venison and Beef carpaccio] were all big hits. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outStanVIPDined on 3/5/2014An enjoyable experience on a cold Wednesday night. Relatively low noise level, some interesting dishes (mussels, sweetbreads, a great tiramisu) and BYOB. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutHarryDined on 3/1/2014Restaurant seemed out of control on a busy Saturday night. Tables are crammed together. Noise level was uncomfortably loud, making it hard to hear at our table. Our white wine bottle disappeared from the ice bucket in the middle of our dinner. Waiter brought us a full bottle of previously opened wine as a compensating gesture. He then checked our payment to see if we had tipped adequately, which was truly rude. It is a shame that a restaurant that basically serves quite nice food should be run in such an irritating and uneven manner.Special Features:
- Always reliableRoseDined on 2/26/2014We've been to this restaurant several times, and the food and service are always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After waiting at our tableKidZimDined on 2/22/2014After waiting at our table for 45 minutes, the waiter and kitchen staff realized they forgot our order. So, we had to reorder again. Crowded, bunched together with other people. Slow service due to the packing I am sure. It was our friend's Birthday, which was noted, no acknowledgement. For poor service we got 4 chocolate strawberries and 1 piece of leathery cheese cake. Will never consider it again. Food was at best mediocre. Then we were able to draw the attention of anyone of the wait staff, it turns out our waiter had left for the evening. So arrived on time for reservation; waited 15 minutes to be seated and between the screw up, left at 11.
- great dinner.marcDined on 2/22/2014Have been to La focaccia several times. Never a bad meal. anything on menu is terrific. We brought extended family and a 2 and 7 yr old. The kids were there before and love good quality food. WE usually dont take them to restaurants for more mature audiences but thanks to quiet table toys and ipad, they were very well behaved. Both my in laws and my kids loved the food just as much as we have in the past. It is always consistently high quality food and service. Staff is very pleasant. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent !!!jeffbVIPDined on 2/15/2014Great food (fish this time). Impeccable service (wait staff goes above and beyond every time). The only warning is that you have to deal with the tight tables and loud noise, but its worth it !!Special Features:
- Great eveningMagaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day dinner was wonderful. Price Fixe but so many choices, something for all tastes. As good as any NY valentines dinner. We stayed in NJ because of the weather and were glad we did.Special Features:
- We really did emjoy the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2014We really did emjoy the food, but the staff has just a bit of an attitude.Special Features:
- Little GemShorteeDined on 1/25/2014This true Italian restaurant tucked away in a small neighborhood is a real gem. The decor is sophisticated, calm, neutral and very pleasant -- designed to enhance the diner's social and gustatory experience in a relaxed atmosphere. The food is always excellent, fish of all kinds are prepared to perfection-- here a shrimp takes like a shrimp and not a piece of rubber drenched in a sauce. I'm not a meat eater but my friends are and from liver to venison to veal and steaks their reviews are consistently glowing. My standard for pasta is high and this place hits the mark. Service by a staff of experience waiters is swift, professional without artifice and just friendly enough not to be intrusive. BYOB. We are never disappointed --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAve been to La Focaccia forFoodieDined on 1/18/2014HAve been to La Focaccia for years - it is never disappointing - food is always good, staff attentive, great BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Girls Night DinnerMSomersVIPDined on 1/7/2014I met a gilfriend out for dinner to catch up at La Foccacia. We wanted to try something new and so after going through my Open Table options in the area we settled on here. Its a typical italian trattoria style restaurant fromt he decor to the menu. I can't say that La Foccacia truly stood apart from my usual Italian spots however; the food was delicious and the service was attentive and friendly. It was busy enough were there was chatter across the dining room but not so loud that I couldn't chat away with my friend for 3 hours. The waitstaff never tried to push us out and happily refilled our water and wine glasses long afetr we finished our meals. Not an outside the box menu but overall a nice italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good ambiance,tankDined on 1/5/2014Great food, good ambiance, a wonderful "date" restaurant. Only negative is the specials were surprisingly expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and thePattiDined on 1/4/2014Excellent service and the food is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodFoodforthoughtDined on 12/31/2013Been going to La Focaccia for years and the food is always delicious. New specials every day so you never get tired of the menu. There is a reason it is always packed- worth the wait.Special Features:
- Always Good!BobOVIPDined on 12/31/2013My go to place for consistently good Italian food and it is byo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/29/2013Our service was lacking. The waiter took our order and that was it. Didn't check back to see how we were doing. He also put his tip on the bill -- possibly because we had an Amazon promotional certificate. The food was ok but overpriced for what it was. My husband's veal entree was skimpy and my son's chicken fingers were almost $20 for a child's portion of deep fried chicken with fries. Wouldn't recommend.
- Excellent all aroundMle642Dined on 12/28/2013We had a truly great meal here. Everything we ordered was beautifully prepared and presented. Service was outstanding without being obtrusive. Only complaint was the table was a bit tight for four which included three big guys. That won't keep us from returning to La Foccacia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.