4705 Inker St
Houston, TX 77007Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafisheria.mx/
- Phone: 7138021712
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Aquiles Chavez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a space with the Capacity to handle 75 seated guests.
A word from La Fisheria
Fantastic, coastal Mexican Seafood. Traditional Mexican Flavor, from a Mexican Chef who is focused on the most modern and creative interpretation of his country classic dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
La Fisheria - Best Restaurants in Heights / Washington ›
La Fisheria reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good food, decent serviceFranklinVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a nice meal at La Fisheria on Saturday night. The food was tasty, as always. The service was fine for the first half of the meal, but the server lost track of us halfway through and never returned to ask if we'd like any dessert or coffee. It was a little strange. Not consistent with our previous experiences here, so we'll still return for another visit.Special Features:
- New favorite restaurant in HoustonJungsiesVIPDined on 9/12/2014La Fisheria was to-die-for! There were so many delicious-sounding appetizers...we knew we wanted to try the ceviche trio (awesome...my favorite was the original ceviche), but when we asked the waiter what else we should try he suggested the octopus, since it was rated one of the top 15 Mexican dishes in Houston. Now I've hated octopus since I had it four years ago in NYC, but I thought that was pretty impressive, so we tried it. So glad we did...AMAZING. I love octopus now :) I also have never ordered a whole fish before, but we got that as well! Best piece of fish I have ever had...and I've had some pretty good sea bass in my days. Lastly, you can't miss out on the Dos Leches dessert. So rich, so scrumptious. A meal I will never forget.Special Features:
- Different in all the right waysBlueskyDined on 9/6/2014We had an excellent dinner at La Fisheria this weekend. In a city that has so much to offer, this was refreshingly different. The seafood menu was superb and the quality was excellent. Decor is original and all in all we left feeling goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 9/5/2014I had the red snapper Pibil style and it was terrific. The flavors blended perfectly. My husband had the grouper which I think was the catch of the day but neither of us cared for the flavors in that dish. The presentation of both dishes was exquisite. We had the sorpresa for dessert and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and different menuRogersDined on 8/30/2014A change of pace to the usual fare of restaurants. My friend and I tried the trio ceveche and waited to order the entree. Glad we did because the trio was filling and delicious. Service was very good . Only negative, it a very noisy place.Special Features:
- Great food, staff overwhelmedLivetoeatDined on 8/30/2014Great food, fantastic drinks but staff was not as attentive as expected. I know it was HRW but our waiter was distracted at best. The hostesses sat us at one table then came back 5 min later and moved us without explanation. After we ordered from the HRW menu, our waiter basically just dropped each serving without comments .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerwblacksDined on 8/30/2014We have been wanting to try La Fisheria for some time now, and decided to take advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks and give it a shot. It was definitely a great dinner and we look forward to going back and trying some different items on the menu. Our group ordered every option on the HRW menu and it was all fantastic. The only downfall, if you can call it that, is a rather short wine list. We tried the only Pinot Grigio on the list and it was good, but would have liked to see a few more options. All in all, it was a great experience and we will most assuredly return!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Great food and service! Excellent fish, ceviches! And the cucumber and jalapeno margarita was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteGracieLouDined on 8/28/2014Fuimos para el cumpleaños de mi esposo ya que el es fan del Chef Aquiles y todo resulto como lo esperabamos! Nuestro mesero Ulises super amable, nos recomendo cosas del menu, atento y agradable, la comida exquisita! Definitivamente regresaremos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Came here for HRW because reviews were good and the menu sounded interesting. As much as I'd like to give this place another chance, the food just failed miserably. There are too many restaurants in Houston for me to go to place like this again. Food: three course meal from HRW (I took all the waiter's recommendations)...The appetizer sopa was lacking seasoning/acidity/anything. Main course taco trio -- pastor taco was incredibly fishy (ate about half), lobster taco was 95% sour cream/pickled red onion (left this on the plate), fried shrimp was smothered in some sort of creamy sauce and was the best of the bunch (which isn't saying much). Dos leches was oversoaked in condensed milk and no red sorbet to be found (as advertised). No thanks.
- Great food, valet parking?WorldFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food as always at La Fisheria. My only comment is that I do not understand the mandatory valet parking in the small parking lot next to the restaurant. Why do we need it there? I agree that valet parking makes sense once the lot is full, and is much appreciated, but it is uncomfortable when the lot is empty. La Fisheria should re-think about this....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentbambola76Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent. This is my second time here and I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time thereChuckDined on 8/22/2014The food was good although a bit expensive. We tries the Houston restaurant week special. The fish was very good and left me satisfied. They don't do chips and salsa which may be why I wasn't over stuffed! The MX martini was made with mescal which I liked. It wasn't as good as the Oaxacan Rita at Hugo's but very close. The cappuccino was terrible, but they removed the charge. They use nesspresso pods instead of a real machine. If they upped their game worth real coffee I would add a star. Over all it was a great date even if we had to go elsewhere for a coffee. We'll probably be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ¡Fantástico!F00DL0V3RDined on 8/22/2014Invited a friend of mine, who loves both Mexican food and seafood, for Houston Restaurant Week lunch. Along with my "agua fresca de jamaica" (hibiscus flower drink), I chose the trio of tacos and wished that I hadn't saved the lobster taco for last! So good, but I was full. Had to take my Dos Leches dessert back to the office. Tasted like one of the two "milks" was almond milk - genious! Two is enough! Wish the price point was a little better to be able to come here for lunch more often! ¡Enhorabuena, Aquiles y equipo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent! Noise was unbearable, need to change flooring to keep the sound down.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish cooked to perfectionHairyTexanDined on 8/19/2014I finally took the opportunity to try this restaurant during Houston Restaurant Weeks. I've had my eye on this place for a while. It did not disappoint. I went with a group of five people on a Tuesday. We had a reservation and were promptly seated and our drink orders taken. The service throughout was excellent. We ordered three of the restaurant week menu which got us everything and we also added a couple appetizers and a soup. The grilled octopus was tender and delicious and all the fish was cooked to perfection. Everything was very enjoyable and the combination of food and service was excellent in a nice, relaxed atmosphere. I definitely will be returning!Special Features:
- New and interestingwordsmithDined on 8/18/2014This was a refreshing break from the same old... Really interesting riffs on the food of interior Mexico. Absolutely delicious, beautifully presented. Restaurant week was a good time to try it as their regular prices would have stopped our discovery! The fishing shack style gives an unsophisticated vibe, laid back and cool. But the food is spot on, with an excellent hand at the helm. Waiter Antonio was a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their food. ..but ....mrdzDined on 8/16/2014The wait staff needs to become familiar with the menu. Most of the items are in spanish and our waitress did not speak spanish we had to be pointing at the menu. It's ok she does not speak spanish but learning the menu is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun!HoustonGoodeatsDined on 8/16/2014Our group of 6 tried our La Fisheria for HRW. We were thrilled to find this place. We enjoyed the food. It is aggressively seasoned with salt and pepper -Thank you for that. The service was excellent. I loved having the table a reasonable space apart. We were able to have conversation at our table without hearing the other tables around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so socsteppinDined on 8/15/2014the hype was just that, hype food was over priced okay to go once so you can see what I mean but I wouldn't get all cited about itSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant Week ChoiceFoodie99Dined on 8/14/2014Food was fresh and vibrant, attractively plated, and had lots of flavor. Churros for dessert was a great street food touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carandDined on 8/14/2014The food was both eclectic and delicious. Ambiance was right for the cuisine.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014First time there and I enjoyed it. Only thing weird was that I could not find any reservations between 6:45 and 9:15. I went at 6:45 and left around 7:45 and there was plenty of empty tables. Did the Houston restaurant week and got real good food for a good price.Special Features:
- Eating at barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Dinner was great it was packed when we got there the mitos were great highly recommend not to sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic AtmosphereEngineeringirlDined on 8/9/2014I enjoyed my visit and would most likely return. I felt the food was inventive, the service was attentive, and the drinks were very delicious and fresh. The restaurant is LOUD so be ready for that. It's a very small space, so probably not good for groups for families.Special Features:
- Online reservations dont work.persianprincissDined on 8/9/2014Upon arrival the hostess informed us that they were not accepting open table reservations. She did not offer any apologies for this and we had to ask her if it be ok if we could sit at the bar (she didn't even offer). Our meal took 2 hours from order to finish. Service was very slow and we had to ask if our meals were ready before anyone checked for us. Overall, the food was good but the service was the worst service we have ever experienced in Houston.Special Features:
- Excellent fishnevradleyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We love the fish here - fresh and perfectly cooked with plenty of flavor. The margaritas (particularly the cucumber and jalapeno, and the hibiscus) are also delicious. Start with a ceviche and finish off with the Dos Leches (yes - only two milks instead of three, but this is a case where fewer is actually better!) and you have an excellent meal for a reasonable price, particularly now that the Houston Restaurantweeks menu is available. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Definitely worth a visit. Good for a special date night, or just a normal night out to dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood.JayBeeDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food. Consider La Fisheria as a really good Seafood place more than a Mexican restaurant. Great for those who don't like the usual Tex-Mex but want an upmarket Mexican experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went for restaurant week at lunch. Seafood soup was horrible. Tacos ok. All 3 dessert bland.Special Features:
- Feels like you're in Mexico!downtownladyDined on 8/2/2014The fish is fresh, the joint is jumping, the decor is bright, the drinks are good, the service is friendly- all around a positive, happy experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice RestaurantMichelleinHoustonDined on 8/2/2014Houston Restaurant Weeks is a great way to try out new restaurants. You get a 3 course sampling of a variety of dishes. I ordered the cerviche and it was wonderful. The drinks were good and strong. Like most good restaurants in Houston be prepared for noise. It's really noisy. Otherwise it was a great dinner.Special Features:
- Great, Fresh FishJenHeartsHoustonVIPDined on 8/1/2014La Fisheria knows fish and seafood well. The ceviche that I had was perfect, fresh and a kick of spice. The catch of the day, a red snapper, was great as well. The service however was a little slow and not really much to brag about. But don't let that deter you, the food is worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeBobDined on 7/30/2014Very bright decor, nice menu adn servce was excellent will return with friends for a great happy hourI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great....fantasticDined on 7/26/2014The service is amazing, the food is simply fantastic. The house drinks are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterBrianTXVIPDined on 7/19/2014While the service and ambiance were both very good, the food was a bit hit-and-miss. It was a shame since it has great potential. I had the trio of tacos, which the waitress HIGHLY recommended, and was underwhelmed by two of the three (1 of 3 works well in baseball, but not in restaurants). However, the lobster and beet risotto was excellent (unfortunately not what I ordered). Appetizers were good, but not great. If they can improve their dishes, this is a good recommendation. But until then, I'll keep looking.
- Overall Goodness!fantasticDined on 7/11/2014Great service and outstanding food. This is my second time there. First time for lunch and second time for dinner. The food is unique and every bite is full flavor. Each dish made to order with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum & healthy!KrblVIPDined on 7/2/2014They are very nice folks; the menu is vibrant & fun …..I've never had anything bad - in fact I've always had fab interesting & healthy food with the side of great service (but not intrusive at all)….wonderful combo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FishariafoodliciousDined on 6/28/2014Way to loud after 7:00pm. Good food. Nice atmosphere but you have to strain to hear a conversation at your table. I will not go again because of the noise. Lunch might be better.Special Features:
- Eclectic Food/Attentive StaffLovepelipeliDined on 6/27/2014The food was eclectic, interesting and very good. Fun, fresh atmosphere. A little on the pricey side but we'll come back just can't be on the "regular" dining list. Very attentive staff - checked on us and was aware it was our first visit.I would recommend this to a friend.