La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar
440 Harrison Ave.
Harrison, NJ 07029Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lafiammanj.com/
- Phone: 9734835455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano Player on Friday and Saturday night!
- Special Events: We have a Private Dining Space available - seating up to 60ppl comfortably! Call us for details 973-483-5455
A word from La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar
A Commitment to excellence has always been our guide in providing our guests with La Fiamma’s unique dishes in a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere. Our fine regional Italian cuisine and local culinary awards speak for themselves, but our greatest reward is making your visit a memorable delight. At La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar, we have one goal in mind for you… Dining at its finest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Our new Favorite RestaurantNightOutDined on 8/16/2014After Visiting a Newark art gallery to see a friend's work we had no idea where to go eat and we were starving. So we picked several based on vicinity and reviews. What a gem only 5 minutes from Newark. This has been our third visit. We are always greeted and seated immediately. The service is impeccable and the two waiters are extremely friendly and funny. The food is excellent. I love the Italian fish special covered in almonds. The atmosphere is quaint neighborhood with cozy yellow booths and a beautiful wood bar. An unexpected bonus was the table top organ player who entertains with theme songs. And how nice to be able to hear everyone at your table talking. Desserts are delicious.. try the strawberries zabaglione!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Go To" PlaceLOVE2EATVIPDined on 5/31/2014The consistent food, terrific wine list and wonderful staff make this restaurant a perfect "go to" place for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotnagcmfamilyDined on 5/24/2014We went before a Red Bulls game. Food was hot and fresh and yummy. 5 kids and 4 adults- it was a great local spot to eat.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the La Fiamma Italian Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Lo mejor de Italia en Harrison NJOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014Excelente ambiente , una comida de primera y una atención extraordinaria de parte de Angello ..recomiendo este restaurante la van a pasar genial ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJay5466VIPDined on 4/11/2014Great spot if you are in the neighborhood for something (sports, arts, train station, or passing through). The place screams "locals welcome". The bar was filled with well mannered adults. Nice that they have their own parking lot out back too. Food was good, nice selections available, reasonably priced . We had a slice of homemade ricotta cheesecake that was excellent. We'll definitely return if our need to be down there exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful SurpriseJaisVIPDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant was recommended to me many years ago and I never went due to friends food issues. However, I went with someone who can eat everything. Wonderful is all I can say. One would never know from the outside which looks like a bar. I am glad we reserved a table because every one was engaged by the time we left. Food was superb. Go is all I can say.Special Features:
- Very nice place to eat!!!!uhlfelliVIPDined on 3/8/2014Angelo was awesome...I would definitely go back and their tiramisu was to die for!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem near Prudential CenterCrazyCanuckDined on 3/2/2014Quaint Italian restaurant within a few min drive from the arena. Dinner started off with an excellent complimentary bruschetta. The arugula salad with hearts of palm, apples, and feta was fantastic, and the misto salad with balsamic dressing was very good too. For main course, we had the veal marsala, which came with fresh veggies and roasted potatoes that were so tasty I could have eaten an entire plateful! But the best part of the dinner was their homemade desserts -- a creamy, decadent ricotta cheesecake and a delightful apple pie with the most amazing flaky crust. Angelo made us feel right at home...attentive to our every need. If we ever make it back out to Jersey, we will definitely go back to La Fiamma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemJimG2VIPDined on 2/23/2014Excellent local italian restaurant, more then red sauce, with great variety of specials;excellent service from staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodHotdogsDined on 2/22/2014I felt I went back in time to the Fifties. Booths along the wall, Huge bar and tables in a row. I had the mushroom risotto and my wife had a shrimp dish and both were excellent. I would definitely recommend this neighborhood place and I will return soon. Service was well-timed and friendly, dishes were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angel is the most welcoming host!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2014This little Italian restaurant is what you think of when you hear "neighborhood Italian restaurant." Super welcoming and eager to provide a relaxing satisfying dining experience. We brought our whole team of 12 people all in Newark for the week, and everyone enjoyed!Special Features:
- Everyone should try this hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014We live a good distance away from this gem yet it has become one our regular restaurants. The service is always excellent, the food (specials are always amazing) is always top quality, even the traditional dishes are outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Second Time was Just as GoodKaileenDined on 10/21/2013This was my second time at La Fiamma. The food was great, the service friendly and professional and they didn't rush us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet gem with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2013We were greeted warmly by management and staff, followed by a complimentary bite. The waiter explained the specials, look no further. The wine list was well priced if modest in size. Portions were substantial and well priced. This place makes for a convenient pre event dinner for events at NJ Performing Arts Center.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMIkeDined on 9/15/2013Been to La Fiamma many times and this restaurant/bar is definitely a hidden gem in Harrison, NJ. Angelo and his staff provide unmatched attention to every detail and service. The food is top notch and atmosphere is casual and comfortable. The experience is like going home to Mom's house and having a wonderful meal, while getting fussed over, all the while staying as long as you desire. Try and enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks OpenTable!90210VIPDined on 6/14/2013We had just suffered through an endless flight from LA to Newark and we were famished. Thanks OpenTable for pointing us to La Fiamma which we actually picked because it was close to our hotel. What a gem! This is a true "red gravy" old time restaurant - you would not be surprised to find Tony Soprano sitting at the next booth. The owner waited on us and he so loves his own food that he makes you want to order everything. We had a fabulous Caesar salad and two of the nightly specials. The food was perfection and the service was just spot on. We're not sure if we'll ever be back in Newark but we can't recommend this restaurant too highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2013This neighborhood gem is always outstanding. The service is as excellent as the food. I would recommend this place to any food criticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. TheKaileenDined on 4/1/2013The food was very good. The waiter was quite familiar with the menu.Special Features:
- Rare find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2013This is a rare gem. The food is always outstanding and the service is amazing. We would never have found this place if it wasn't for OpenTable and we are so glad we did.Special Features:
- My first interaction/phoneDJVinCTDined on 2/14/2013My first interaction/phone call with the host/manager made me look forward to visiting La Fiamma. He was extremely polite and quite funny. They weren't taking any more reservations for the time I requested (due to a show nearby) but he made an exception and reserved a table for 2. Then, we were running late and he had no problem and held the table for us. So when it came to customer service this place deserves a 10! The food was very good from the salad to the main entree and was presented very well. Only complaint was noise level. This was due to 2 couples sitting at opposite tables having full on conversation with one another. Granted, that is minimal fault on La Fiamma, but it was quite annoying. Highly recommend La Fiamma!Special Features:
- Amazing Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013This is only our fourth time here and every time we come it amazes us that this restaurant is so fantastic in every way. If it were a little closer to our home we would be here every week!Special Features:
- nice neighborhood gem in HarrisonDinerVIPDined on 12/17/2012nice neighborhood gem in Harrison with excellent hospitality from Angelo.Special Features:
- Wonderful old italian charm,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012Wonderful old italian charm, food was great, service was delightful,so friendly and helpful.Wish we lived closer,would dine there every week.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICEjohnVIPDined on 9/16/2012from the appetizer to dessert was like home cookingSpecial Features:
- Quite a pleasant surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2012This was my first visit and yet they made us feel like we had been coming for years! They are truly proud of their restaurant and pleasing their customers. It is a very tiny place so I can't even imagine what a zoo it must be on a weekend. One of my friends ordered the veal and was disappointed by its dryness. Another ordered the special chicken dish over linguini and stated the linguini was very, very bland. For those reasons, I could not give it the full 5 stars for food.Special Features:
- wow what good food!!!!johnVIPDined on 9/2/2012what a nice spot the food was very fresh and tasty!! with service that was outstanding me and my kids love this place we dont mind the long drive to eat hearSpecial Features:
- What a gem! We loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2012What a gem! We loved the cozy feeling of this small, intimate place. We will definitely return. Service was superb across the board - extremely attentive without being intrusive. Don't miss the homemade fettucine or the mozzarella & portabella napoleon. Wine list could be stronger but that's a minor point. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Three little words ....superbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Three little words ....superb all around. Must try.
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012The service was great and the meal was delicious. If I wasn't visiting I would definitely go again. The bruschetta to start was great; we had mussels and grilled shrimp at the app were good. The main was great and finished with the tiramisu. The drink at the end was not the typically sweet drink; it was a refreshing crisp dessert sparkling wine.Special Features:
- I really don't understandjohnVIPDined on 7/3/2012I really don't understand why this restaurant is not as known as I would think it was known. I went there with my grandma for her birthday. She does not like any place outside her own house. Once she tried her Entres, she stopped talking to me and just ate until her belly was full. This place has excellent service, excellent food and it's overall amazing. This place should be on Food Network for their food.Special Features:
- We stumbled upon this lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2012We stumbled upon this lovely little restaurant by accident; fortune smiled on us that night as the food was great; service excellent; a gem of Harrison, would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- WHAT A NICE PLACEjohnVIPDined on 6/17/2012THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING SERVICE OUTSTANDING WE WILL RETURN
- Went to La Fiamma before NJPACOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2012Went to La Fiamma before NJPAC concert. very attentive staff and good good-looking some dishes amazing, some just good. would go again if in the area. Agree with reviewer that suggested as an alternative for NJPAC dining. Nice to have off street parking and quick drive to NewarkSpecial Features:
- Looking for a change fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2012Looking for a change from New Jersey PAC dining, we tried La Flammia and were blown away. The location is just past the PAC and very convenient with off street parking. Its a small bar and restaurant with classic New York style Italian food. Everything was prepared with care and portions were right sized. The wait staff went out of its way to assure that everything was perfect without being overwhelming. For us, its a definite addition to our favorite places.Special Features:
- Just Like Nana MadeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012The food and service were really excellent. Not since dinner at my Nana's house have I had such authentic Stracciattella (soup). We will return and have been recommending it to our friends.
- Small neighborhood place withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012Small neighborhood place with very good food and most attentive service. Prices are somewhat on the high side given the location and ambiance. Nice bar with quality products. Would definitely recommend if you are up for a good meal with no fanfare.Special Features:
- Great food, the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Great food, the service was excellent. They have a very good selection of Italian wines. Try the coconut flan.Special Features:
- La Fiamma- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012My wife and I decided to try La Fiamma after seeing it online and we're really glad we did. It's located in a busy part of town and we were pleasently surprised when we were seated. The place is real cozy and pretty small but it has a nice bar area and these comfortable tables for two. The food was excellent and the service was great. The appetizers and entrees were awesome. We would definitley recommend La Fiamma.Special Features:
- 5 STAR FOOD & SERVICEjohnVIPDined on 4/1/2012WOW!!! WHEN I GO OUT TO EAT I GO FOR THE FOOD I GIVE THIS PLACE 5 STARS FOR THE FOOD AND SERVICE!!
- Very friendly establishmentMervmeisterVIPDined on 3/9/2012Very friendly establishment with decent Italian food. Dinner was accompanied by a keyboard player playing light music, which created a warm atmosphere and allowed conversation. If you happen to be in the area and are looking for a place to eat, this place should be okay.Special Features: