7101 Brookville road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafermerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3019865255x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is offered on some occasion, assuming that we can "deliver" what is expected. Each demand is considered individually.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase Villages, with ample free parking, La Ferme has been serving its loyal clientele since 1985.
- Private Party Contact: Prasad Perera 3019865255x
- Entertainment: Carlton Saunders, our pianist, plays for your enjoyement
- Special Events: Open for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year eve, Valentines day, Easter Sunday and Mothers day.
A word from La Ferme
Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase villages, a mile away from busy Bethesda and a few blocks North of the District of Columbia, La Ferme has been serving Contemporary French food since 1985. Our covered patio can be used for dining or a private function (Spring to Fall) Romantic setting with lots of private tables (including 2 balcony tables for 2).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Ferme - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
La Ferme reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (85)neighborhood gem (84)romantic (71)great for lunch (44)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (32)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Suburban CharmGoddess1Dined on 10/16/2014I have been to La Ferme at least five times this year. And I know for sure La Ferme, only six minutes from my home, would definitely become my personal restaurant to entertain my family, friends for all occasions.Special Features:
- Is this place really still open?ThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 10/10/2014The food was stuff you can cook at home, and even better. The decor is from the 20's. The waitstaff are either too old to care or too young to bother. How this place stays alive is a mystery. Summation: a very sad experience.
- Perfect eveningMomMomDined on 10/9/2014My husband had a stroke early this summer, and his mobility is somewhat impaired. He wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and needed to decide on a handicap-accessible restaurant. We remembered having had many wonderful meals at La Ferme and decided that would be the perfect venue for us. Although I have food allergies (to onion, garlic, other alliums), the chef was able to prepare a very tasty entrée for me. The staff were very kind and helpful, the food we selected was delicious, and the evening was perfect for us. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Old gem, better than everChrisVIPDined on 10/7/2014Have been dining at La Ferme off and on for 25 years. The food was excellent and has improved the last year or two. The Chilean Sea Bass was incredible (really) and the soufflés continue to be the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, romantic atmosphereBirdguyDined on 10/5/2014Service was impeccable. Food was very good - wondered about the mashed potatoes. Wonderful martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Celebrated a friends birthday for Sunday brunch. Food, service and atmosphere excellent. Our waiter was especially charming and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friendsRobCDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful meal with another couple for a special night out. The menu offered a variety of selections for appetizers, main course and dessert to meet everyone's tastes and the wine was very nice as well. Service was attentive but did not leave us feeling rushed along through our meal. A little pricey for a regular night out but great for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014On Sundays breads is served only for a fee????? Service was slow & restaurant was not very busySpecial Features:
- Always Magnifique!JLSCTVIPDined on 9/25/2014We return to La Ferme over and over again for the obvious reasons: close to D.C. but feels like it is out in the country; enormous parking lot with room for even the largest of celebrations; well-executed menu of French and Continental standards; lunch prices that cost just a bit more than an over-priced burger in other places; extravagant dinner choices that still won't break the bank; thoughtful e-mail communications including free dessert or champagne on your birthday or anniversary; discreet and highly trained staff who are there to make you feel welcome and at ease every step of the way, no matter what the request. Merci! Merci! Merci pour tout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionDiningout999VIPDined on 9/23/2014La Ferrme is lovely, food is good, nice decor, but WILDLY overpriced.Special Features:
- We should have known ...Ronald17Dined on 9/20/2014something was wrong when we arrived at about 8:00 pm on a Saturday and found the place virtually empty. Waiters were standing around acting surly. One, bringing our appetisers simply said "anything else?" One person's salad and one person's soup were inedible. Two people ordered Dover Sole for entrees. There was a long delay after showing them to the table and supposedly taking them off the bone. In the end a waiter informed us that someone had broken a wine glass over the fish and so they would have to cook a fresh batch. Enough was enough. Comments to the manager were greeted with a couldn't-care-less attitude so we stood up and left, never to return I might add.
- nice neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014A few of the menu items are our go-to choices. No restaurant I know does them better. Bar drinks however taste very alcoholic as if made with inexpensive liquor. I asked for a classic martini which came warm to the table. Please--just because one doesn't order it on the rocks doesn't mean it shouldn't be chilled with ice and strained.Special Features:
- A DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Visited with an out of town friend who declared that we MUST return to La Ferme when she come back to town. The food was inventive without being off-putting - with a delicate hand when saucing. "Mashed" brussel sprouts intrigued my friend and she was completely delighted with the bed of these beneath her excellent and large scallops. My sweetbreads were a throwback to the first such dish I had in NYC years ago - absolutely wonderful. The souffle was the only disappointment. While it was puffed to a high crown, the interior was like a dense pudding rather than an airy cloud. I would not order this again - though the flavor was very appealing; it just didn't seem like a souffle.Special Features:
- French ambiancegfDinendasheDined on 9/20/2014Upon arriving we were greeted by the owner, who was very gracious. Our waiter was quite attentive. The wine list was reasonably priced. I ordered lamb, which was quite good, though the sauce was a little thin. My wife ordered the chicken, which was really good, with a great sauce. Cooking was in the style of very good French restaurants, though just a cut below the finest ones. Overall the restaurant was an extremely enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful -- as usual!BrunchloverDined on 9/16/2014Lovely elegant atmosphere, good food, excellent service!Special Features:
- Nice, out-of-the-way spotWFSCFDined on 9/15/2014I met a former client there and we had a very nice dinner. It was a sleepy Monday evening but it worked out perfectly. I really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:
- SharonKVIPDined on 9/14/2014La Ferme never disappoints and that is why I always book it especially for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays. The service is impeccable, amazing ambiance and quiet enough to have intimate conversations. The food is consistently good, however, it is all of La Ferme's attributes which brings me back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkkf888Dined on 9/13/2014I took my husband here for dinner on his birthday. I mentioned in the memo section on Open Table that it was his birthday . We were greated warmly when we arrived, and shown to our table which had comfortable chairs and a nice view of the dining room. The food was delicious . I had the Arctic cod, and he had the mushroom ravioli. We split the apple tart, which came with a birthday candle. The waiter sang happy birthday quietly, which was nice because sometimes restaurants make way too much fuss and bother other diners. A very nice meal and evening.kkfSpecial Features:
- Fabulous after many years!carolynlDined on 9/7/2014I hadn't been back to La Ferme for 11 years, for reasons having nothing to do with the restaurant. I chose it as a place to say thank you to three new friends, and it more than lived up to my hopes. The service was exceptional, the food stupendous, and the fact Alain came in on his day off to greet me overwhelmed me. Thanks to everyone!Special Features:
- Pretty AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014I chose this restaurant to reconnect with a dear friend. It is close to where she lives and has good reviews. In a nutshell, the food struggles to be average. I lived in France for years. This isn't French cuisine. It is a poor imitation. The restaurant staff (our waitress in particular) bordered on rude. The waitress seemed rushed and couldn't manage a smile to save her poor life. Other restaurant staff came over quite abruptly, particularly towards the end of the evening, to "check on us." It felt very much like we were getting the bum's rush. The chair I sat on was one of the most uncomfortable imaginable. This dinner venue was an epic fail though it was still wonderful to see my friend. Won't return and wouldn't recommend.
- a wonderful meal...againDebEVIPDined on 9/2/2014La Ferme remains a lovely location and always a dependably good meal. My guest and I both enjoyed the potato encrusted salmon on ratatouille. Totally delicious. The crème brulee was fabulous. Servers were attentive; friendly. It's so rare to have such gracious surroundings - white tablecloths at lunch. Complimentary baguette and butter, always lovely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2014La Ferme has never operated on any culinary frontiers, but for many years it delivered reasonably well-prepared classic French dishes with attentive service in a pretty setting. The setting is still lovely, but the food and service have both slipped noticeably. On a recent visit the pricey Dover sole was dry, a soufflé was undercooked, and the salmon nearly flavorless. Despite the fact that the four of us left two entrees, one appetizer, and one dessert barely touched, the waiter never inquired whether we had any complaints about the food. This after a half hour wait after being seated for him to make it to our table.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My Friend and I dined here Saturday. Looking forward to returning. Wonderful atmosphere we really enjoyed the piano!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FermesushiVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good, portions were good and the prices are reasonable!Special Features:
- Tough filet mignonLillyDined on 8/30/2014Tough filet mignon and less than attentive waitress made it less than perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite NeighborPTANDined on 8/30/2014We have been going to La Ferme for over twenty years.Just celebrated our 30th anniversary there. Great Food , and Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining in late summerYatBDined on 8/29/2014We had a nice time dining outdoor porch. Service was good. The wine was good. However the food was mediocre and over-priced.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantqwertyDined on 8/29/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Prices are a little high for the food quality, but the ambience and service are first rate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Perfect place to meet an old friend and enjoy together under no pressure to rush awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Ferme Continues French TraditionJLSCTVIPDined on 8/27/2014Aren't enough nice things to say about La Ferme. Located just beyond the NW DC border, it is almost bucolic, w/ an enormous parking lot. The main room is prettily appointed & transports you to the French countryside. The menu has varied choices: @ lunch, some of the offerings are cheaper than a hotel burger in downtown DC, & @ dinner no entree tops $35. Service is impeccable; everyone from hosts to servers to busboys goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. On Sat. nights a pianist plays in the background. Because we are on their mailing list, we receive "gifts" of free dessert (on birthdays) or free champagne (on our anniversary). If you are looking for a romantic evening with very good food close to home, La Ferme is our favorite!Special Features:
- Another amazing experienceJustAnotherThoughtDined on 8/26/2014Our favorite restaurant which consistently delivers an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Brunch at La FermeNickDined on 8/24/2014This is a very favorite restaurant so I want them to know that they very much need to train their wait staff! One does not want to be asked to order dessert when ordering your entree! When asked about flavors of the sorbet the answer should not be "I don't know"!! In a French restaurant the service should be leisurely and attentive but not rushed which it was. The service really needs attention as it ruins the enjoyment of the food and the ambiance of the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Wonderful French ambianceRozzieDined on 8/21/2014We eaten at La Ferme several times & had a reception there & were inpressed with the food, atmosphere & the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Dining PleasureDogs49Dined on 8/20/2014We have had many pleasant lunch experiences at La Ferme. The service is always warm and friendly. The last visit we requested a "quiet table" and were seated outside on a sunny warm day. The overhead fan offered a nice breeze and it was quite comfortable. The food is consistently good. It always feels like a special occasion when we dine at La Ferme.Special Features:
- Good food as alwaysgoodeatsDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy our lunch visits to La Ferme. The 4 of us all chose different things from the menu and all enjoyed the outcome. I started with the special soup of the day, gazpacho which had chunks of avocado in it, then followed with the veal scallopini - all delicious. My husband enjoyed the seafood risotto and we shared the fresh peach cobbler for dessert - also good. Prices at lunch are reasonable, dinner is a little pricey.Special Features:
- Always GoodNavaDined on 8/16/2014A neighborhood gem with great food and easy parking. European flare. Always excellent.Special Features:
- Just FabulouspleasedtodinewithyouDined on 8/15/2014LaFerme, as always, was an experience that was fit for a special celebration. The food was superb; having the chef walk the room made it more personal. The service was exemplary, our server remembered us from our last visit. You cannot surpass excellent food, outstanding service, and ambiance both romantic, yet comfortable. LaFeme continues to be our restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch With FriendsFoodplusFriendshipDined on 8/10/2014Three of us met for Sunday brunch to celebrate a retirement. All of us had pleasant memories of dining at La Ferme on various occasions: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and a 65th birthday party held in the upstairs room. The atmosphere is warm, cozy, and very inviting. The service is attentive and very good; no one had to look around for the wait staff. Someone was always there to refill our beverage of choice. The food was delicious, and so was the presentation. Nothing was thrown on the plate; everything was beautifully placed. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special brunchnewgrammyDined on 8/10/2014I have eaten at La Ferme many times and the food is always outstanding and the service is very prompt and friendly. My mother in law and I both had the salmon and it was excellent. But then all the times I have eaten there I have always enjoyed my meal. I would recommend it as a special place for an anniversary or birthday dinner. I always go there for my birthday!Special Features:
- Outstanding, as alwaysWVWaltDined on 8/9/2014Another exceptional dinner at La Ferme. Whenever we are in the DC area, we always visit La Ferme, and always have a lovely time.Special Features: