7101 Brookville road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafermerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3019865255x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is offered on some occasion, assuming that we can "deliver" what is expected. Each demand is considered individually.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase Villages, with ample free parking, La Ferme has been serving its loyal clientele since 1985.
- Private Party Contact: Prasad Perera 3019865255x
- Entertainment: Carlton Saunders, our pianist, plays for your enjoyement
- Special Events: Open for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year eve, Valentines day, Easter Sunday and Mothers day.
A word from La Ferme
Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase villages, a mile away from busy Bethesda and a few blocks North of the District of Columbia, La Ferme has been serving Contemporary French food since 1985. Our covered patio can be used for dining or a private function (Spring to Fall) Romantic setting with lots of private tables (including 2 balcony tables for 2).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Ferme - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
La Ferme reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)neighborhood gem (87)romantic (82)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (42)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Another amazing experienceJustAnotherThoughtDined on 8/26/2014Our favorite restaurant which consistently delivers an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Brunch at La FermeNickDined on 8/24/2014This is a very favorite restaurant so I want them to know that they very much need to train their wait staff! One does not want to be asked to order dessert when ordering your entree! When asked about flavors of the sorbet the answer should not be "I don't know"!! In a French restaurant the service should be leisurely and attentive but not rushed which it was. The service really needs attention as it ruins the enjoyment of the food and the ambiance of the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Wonderful French ambianceRozzieDined on 8/21/2014We eaten at La Ferme several times & had a reception there & were inpressed with the food, atmosphere & the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Dining PleasureDogs49Dined on 8/20/2014We have had many pleasant lunch experiences at La Ferme. The service is always warm and friendly. The last visit we requested a "quiet table" and were seated outside on a sunny warm day. The overhead fan offered a nice breeze and it was quite comfortable. The food is consistently good. It always feels like a special occasion when we dine at La Ferme.Special Features:
- Good food as alwaysgoodeatsDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy our lunch visits to La Ferme. The 4 of us all chose different things from the menu and all enjoyed the outcome. I started with the special soup of the day, gazpacho which had chunks of avocado in it, then followed with the veal scallopini - all delicious. My husband enjoyed the seafood risotto and we shared the fresh peach cobbler for dessert - also good. Prices at lunch are reasonable, dinner is a little pricey.Special Features:
- Always GoodNavaDined on 8/16/2014A neighborhood gem with great food and easy parking. European flare. Always excellent.Special Features:
- Just FabulouspleasedtodinewithyouDined on 8/15/2014LaFerme, as always, was an experience that was fit for a special celebration. The food was superb; having the chef walk the room made it more personal. The service was exemplary, our server remembered us from our last visit. You cannot surpass excellent food, outstanding service, and ambiance both romantic, yet comfortable. LaFeme continues to be our restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch With FriendsFoodplusFriendshipDined on 8/10/2014Three of us met for Sunday brunch to celebrate a retirement. All of us had pleasant memories of dining at La Ferme on various occasions: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and a 65th birthday party held in the upstairs room. The atmosphere is warm, cozy, and very inviting. The service is attentive and very good; no one had to look around for the wait staff. Someone was always there to refill our beverage of choice. The food was delicious, and so was the presentation. Nothing was thrown on the plate; everything was beautifully placed. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special brunchnewgrammyDined on 8/10/2014I have eaten at La Ferme many times and the food is always outstanding and the service is very prompt and friendly. My mother in law and I both had the salmon and it was excellent. But then all the times I have eaten there I have always enjoyed my meal. I would recommend it as a special place for an anniversary or birthday dinner. I always go there for my birthday!Special Features:
- Outstanding, as alwaysWVWaltDined on 8/9/2014Another exceptional dinner at La Ferme. Whenever we are in the DC area, we always visit La Ferme, and always have a lovely time.Special Features:
- La FermeBabaDined on 8/6/2014Great neighborhood French restaurant. Parking lot, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbKAPMDined on 8/5/2014I have been eating at La Ferme since the 80s and it's always superb: food, service and ambience. Love this place and I hope they will be around for another 30 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsnamoboDined on 8/3/2014Terrific menu, well executed. Real French feel in ambiance and food. Service was not tops, but was adequate. Good place for a relaxed, laid back meal. We'll return.Special Features:
- Absolutely FabulouspleasedtodinewithyouDined on 8/1/2014My escort has lived and dined all over the world. He has spent a great deal of time in France eating and living. I can give no better assessment than his, "This is one of the best French meals I have ever eaten and certainly the best French meal I have eaten since coming yo the United States."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrific!lovelyDined on 7/26/2014I have been going to Le Ferme for a long time and will continue to do so! July 26 was my birthday and I was not disappointed, everything was excellent as usual. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncMDDined on 7/19/2014Food was great, especially the lobster bisque. We go there for the chocolate souffle, which is great. The service was good except she forgot the coffee with dessert. We ate early and got out before the piano player got too loud. It is noisy when it's crowded and the piano player tries to play over the noise.Special Features:
- A Gem to entertain in Chevy ChaseGoddess1Dined on 7/18/2014Recently on a perfect day, July 18, Friday, I entertained a young, exuberant Serbian family with a 22 months old daughter living in Washington Metro Araa. What a splendid time we had while tasting the food, the wine and having warm conversations. The appetizers we chose were Salad of Mesclun greens, Prince Edward Island mussels, and Cheese platter. And for main meal we chose Marine Lobster and shrimp. Filet of Tilapia and Sauteed Scaloppini of veal. My friends claimed that these were the best food in Washington. To topple it all we had Grand Marnier Souflle for dessert. I would recommend highly to try La Ferme elegantly hidden in a residential area on Brookville Road even on a rainy day.Special Features:
- Steady as she GoesProntomacVIPDined on 7/17/2014Congratulations to the chef and kitchen for continuing to produce such high quality food. Two of us had dover sole, grilled to perfection including the little grill marks and excellent sauce. Wine list is quite nicely developed and a bit pricey, but some good bottles at lower 2 digit range. Busboys were also excellent, as is the ever present and charming host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint experienceWhatsthatburningsmellDined on 7/17/2014Everything about La Ferme is charming. It is a nice change of pace from the typical high production, top chef restaurants in the metro area. Good food, simply prepared in a quaint, almost elegant atmosphere at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 7/13/2014No reflection on the restaurant, and it was a Sunday evening at 7:30 during mid-July, but the restaurant was virtually empty which made us feel self-conscious, and we definitely closed the place down. But the food was still great, from the warm bread (I miss the flavored olive oils they used to put on the tables), the tender sweetbreads in a nice, winy sauce, and equally tender and flavorful calves liver, to the gorgeous orange liqueur dessert souffle which we always order (have to order it right at the beginning). Our server, Mirky (sp?), was very nice and professional and didn't seem to be urging us out even though the restaurant was closing. A nice place to celebrate our wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Misleading MenujsahiriDined on 7/13/20141) The Lunch menu does not say that there is no lunch served on Sunday. We went there thinking that we could have lunch because we are not brunch eaters. We were told when we asked for the lunch menu that there is no lunch served on Sunday. But the menu on the website does not say that. 2) We ordered a wine on the wine list for a certain price and billed a higher price. We asked the server to correct the error. He told us that the one we ordered was no longer available but were served a pricier Sancerre -without telling us. We paid and emailed the restaurant upon arriving home. They answered back the same day apologizing and indicating that they will credit our card of the difference including taxesI would recommend this to a friend.
- special placeDCvisitorsDined on 7/12/2014Over 20 years a special place when we are in DC. It is worth the drive from downtown. We will continue to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable special placeamarciaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We go to LaFerme 5 times a year. The food is very good. Sometimes Better and sometimes not as good. The service is Usually excellent. It is a festive place and a very good place to celebrate. It used to be a place for blue haired ladies but no longer. It is a good place For well mannered kids over 10. One can eat plainly or much richer. This time we had the Japanese styled tuna and it was very good indeed. It was my birthday so We splurged with the chocolate soufflé for dessert. All a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can never go wrong...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014by choosing La Ferme. It is great to still have tradional neighboorhood gems especially in this area. la Ferme is one of the very few places where I can find calf's liver. you can never go wrong here.Special Features:
- Best French Food in quite a while!BGR1Dined on 7/9/2014Found this on Open Table. Mussels, Pate, French Onion Soup and Calf Liver all done to perfection. Ordered a Soufflé, What a treat. We really enjoyed and plan to go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcogersDined on 7/6/2014The New Orleans style decorating was lovely and we were treated with thoughtful service. We were celebrating a birthday, but the celebrant was too shy to mention it. Happy Birthday was sung twice during the time we had dinner. The pianist played quietly throughout our meal, loud enough that you could listen if you wanted to, but could also talk. We would like to return soon to try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Nice PatiogregDined on 6/29/2014Food ok but far from great. Sevice very good. Patio nice cool and quiet.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationAnnBRDined on 6/28/2014Had a wonderful birthday dinner on a Saturday evening. We chose to sit outside and were very happy with the decision. Quieter and better temps than inside. Wonderful service which made the evening. Did not feel hurried at all. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceHarmonyDined on 6/28/2014As always a good choice for dining and spending an evening with friends. Good food and good ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good food, nice setting.buongustaiaDined on 6/21/2014I have an aunt who likes to go to La Ferme every time she comes to town. The atmosphere is lovely and unique for this area- a large charming home in a verdant and quiet neighborhood. We had a very nice evening, as we always do, but the service, while friendly, was extremely slow, even though we arrived before 6 PM and the place was all but empty. Our waiter disappeared for long periods, eventually vanishing altogether. We're not big complainers, nor are we needy clients. But we need our glass of wine within the first 30 minutes!Special Features:
- Great FoodJannyDined on 6/20/2014I found the food asbsolutely outstanding...The ambience as well. Would highly recommend this restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine DiningTravelbug81Dined on 6/15/2014Very nice ambience and excellent food...would visit again when I come back to Maryland!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crocodile07Dined on 6/15/2014The chocolate mouse was outstanding. You musy try it!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Anniversary DinnertravlingtastebudsDined on 6/13/2014Our dining experience was quite enjoyable! Our greeting was warm and friendly, and we were promptly seated. The atmosphere was quant with a hint of rustic. Our waiter was not only attentive, but offered suggestions, which were very good by the way, and checked back to make sure that we were enjoying our choices. It became quite busy while we were there, however this did not take away from our service, which was professional and timely. The staff worked well together giving you the feeling that your dining experience was important to them. The food was delicious and well portioned for a french restaurant. We would recommend this restaurant and plan on going back ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 6/10/2014Always outstanding in all respects. Our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!bummedDined on 6/9/2014Ambiance, food, service were all first class. The perfect place to go for a special occasion. I loved every minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchloverDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful, as usual! Excellent choices on Brunch menu and really fine service!Special Features:
- La Ferme is like eating in Paris.BigRubeVIPDined on 6/8/2014We were at La Ferme for brunch, my husband's favorite meal. We began by ordering the croissants, which were perfect, warm, flaky, and buttery. Both of us were happy with the first course, escargot and mushrooms in a puff pastry for me and onion soup for my husband. He had an omelet for his main course, which he really liked. I was so sad I couldn't finish my delicious chicken crepes with spinach in a mornay sauce. And I had to leave the leftovers as it was warm out and we were going to the theatre from there. But they were the best savory crepes I've ever had. For dessert we both got the waffles with berries in a sabayon sauce. This is one of our favorites here and it is consistantly good. I might have been in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyDined on 6/6/2014Always love Le Ferme, have been going there for years and plan to for years to come--it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FermenicknameVIPDined on 6/3/2014wonderful place for ladies lunch - food was excellent - service was attentive - lunch was leisurely - parking lot attached to restaurant and neighborhood was accessibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.