7101 Brookville road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafermerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3019865255x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is offered on some occasion, assuming that we can "deliver" what is expected. Each demand is considered individually.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase Villages, with ample free parking, La Ferme has been serving its loyal clientele since 1985.
- Private Party Contact: Prasad Perera 3019865255x
- Entertainment: Carlton Saunders, our pianist, plays for your enjoyement
- Special Events: Open for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year eve, Valentines day, Easter Sunday and Mothers day.
A word from La Ferme
Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase villages, a mile away from busy Bethesda and a few blocks North of the District of Columbia, La Ferme has been serving Contemporary French food since 1985. Our covered patio can be used for dining or a private function (Spring to Fall) Romantic setting with lots of private tables (including 2 balcony tables for 2).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Ferme - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
La Ferme reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (74)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (35)good for groups (26)notable wine list (18)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Wonderful -- as usual!BrunchloverDined on 9/16/2014Lovely elegant atmosphere, good food, excellent service!Special Features:
- SharonKVIPDined on 9/14/2014La Ferme never disappoints and that is why I always book it especially for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays. The service is impeccable, amazing ambiance and quiet enough to have intimate conversations. The food is consistently good, however, it is all of La Ferme's attributes which brings me back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkkf888Dined on 9/13/2014I took my husband here for dinner on his birthday. I mentioned in the memo section on Open Table that it was his birthday . We were greated warmly when we arrived, and shown to our table which had comfortable chairs and a nice view of the dining room. The food was delicious . I had the Arctic cod, and he had the mushroom ravioli. We split the apple tart, which came with a birthday candle. The waiter sang happy birthday quietly, which was nice because sometimes restaurants make way too much fuss and bother other diners. A very nice meal and evening.kkfSpecial Features:
- Fabulous after many years!carolynlDined on 9/7/2014I hadn't been back to La Ferme for 11 years, for reasons having nothing to do with the restaurant. I chose it as a place to say thank you to three new friends, and it more than lived up to my hopes. The service was exceptional, the food stupendous, and the fact Alain came in on his day off to greet me overwhelmed me. Thanks to everyone!Special Features:
- Pretty AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014I chose this restaurant to reconnect with a dear friend. It is close to where she lives and has good reviews. In a nutshell, the food struggles to be average. I lived in France for years. This isn't French cuisine. It is a poor imitation. The restaurant staff (our waitress in particular) bordered on rude. The waitress seemed rushed and couldn't manage a smile to save her poor life. Other restaurant staff came over quite abruptly, particularly towards the end of the evening, to "check on us." It felt very much like we were getting the bum's rush. The chair I sat on was one of the most uncomfortable imaginable. This dinner venue was an epic fail though it was still wonderful to see my friend. Won't return and wouldn't recommend.
- a wonderful meal...againDebEVIPDined on 9/2/2014La Ferme remains a lovely location and always a dependably good meal. My guest and I both enjoyed the potato encrusted salmon on ratatouille. Totally delicious. The crème brulee was fabulous. Servers were attentive; friendly. It's so rare to have such gracious surroundings - white tablecloths at lunch. Complimentary baguette and butter, always lovely.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2014La Ferme has never operated on any culinary frontiers, but for many years it delivered reasonably well-prepared classic French dishes with attentive service in a pretty setting. The setting is still lovely, but the food and service have both slipped noticeably. On a recent visit the pricey Dover sole was dry, a soufflé was undercooked, and the salmon nearly flavorless. Despite the fact that the four of us left two entrees, one appetizer, and one dessert barely touched, the waiter never inquired whether we had any complaints about the food. This after a half hour wait after being seated for him to make it to our table.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My Friend and I dined here Saturday. Looking forward to returning. Wonderful atmosphere we really enjoyed the piano!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La FermesushiVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good, portions were good and the prices are reasonable!Special Features:
- Tough filet mignonLillyDined on 8/30/2014Tough filet mignon and less than attentive waitress made it less than perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite NeighborPTANDined on 8/30/2014We have been going to La Ferme for over twenty years.Just celebrated our 30th anniversary there. Great Food , and Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining in late summerYatBDined on 8/29/2014We had a nice time dining outdoor porch. Service was good. The wine was good. However the food was mediocre and over-priced.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantqwertyDined on 8/29/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Prices are a little high for the food quality, but the ambience and service are first rate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Perfect place to meet an old friend and enjoy together under no pressure to rush awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Ferme Continues French TraditionJLSCTVIPDined on 8/27/2014Aren't enough nice things to say about La Ferme. Located just beyond the NW DC border, it is almost bucolic, w/ an enormous parking lot. The main room is prettily appointed & transports you to the French countryside. The menu has varied choices: @ lunch, some of the offerings are cheaper than a hotel burger in downtown DC, & @ dinner no entree tops $35. Service is impeccable; everyone from hosts to servers to busboys goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. On Sat. nights a pianist plays in the background. Because we are on their mailing list, we receive "gifts" of free dessert (on birthdays) or free champagne (on our anniversary). If you are looking for a romantic evening with very good food close to home, La Ferme is our favorite!Special Features:
- Another amazing experienceJustAnotherThoughtDined on 8/26/2014Our favorite restaurant which consistently delivers an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Brunch at La FermeNickDined on 8/24/2014This is a very favorite restaurant so I want them to know that they very much need to train their wait staff! One does not want to be asked to order dessert when ordering your entree! When asked about flavors of the sorbet the answer should not be "I don't know"!! In a French restaurant the service should be leisurely and attentive but not rushed which it was. The service really needs attention as it ruins the enjoyment of the food and the ambiance of the restaurant!!Special Features:
- Wonderful French ambianceRozzieDined on 8/21/2014We eaten at La Ferme several times & had a reception there & were inpressed with the food, atmosphere & the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Dining PleasureDogs49Dined on 8/20/2014We have had many pleasant lunch experiences at La Ferme. The service is always warm and friendly. The last visit we requested a "quiet table" and were seated outside on a sunny warm day. The overhead fan offered a nice breeze and it was quite comfortable. The food is consistently good. It always feels like a special occasion when we dine at La Ferme.Special Features:
- Good food as alwaysgoodeatsDined on 8/19/2014We always enjoy our lunch visits to La Ferme. The 4 of us all chose different things from the menu and all enjoyed the outcome. I started with the special soup of the day, gazpacho which had chunks of avocado in it, then followed with the veal scallopini - all delicious. My husband enjoyed the seafood risotto and we shared the fresh peach cobbler for dessert - also good. Prices at lunch are reasonable, dinner is a little pricey.Special Features:
- Always GoodNavaDined on 8/16/2014A neighborhood gem with great food and easy parking. European flare. Always excellent.Special Features:
- Just FabulouspleasedtodinewithyouDined on 8/15/2014LaFerme, as always, was an experience that was fit for a special celebration. The food was superb; having the chef walk the room made it more personal. The service was exemplary, our server remembered us from our last visit. You cannot surpass excellent food, outstanding service, and ambiance both romantic, yet comfortable. LaFeme continues to be our restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch With FriendsFoodplusFriendshipDined on 8/10/2014Three of us met for Sunday brunch to celebrate a retirement. All of us had pleasant memories of dining at La Ferme on various occasions: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and a 65th birthday party held in the upstairs room. The atmosphere is warm, cozy, and very inviting. The service is attentive and very good; no one had to look around for the wait staff. Someone was always there to refill our beverage of choice. The food was delicious, and so was the presentation. Nothing was thrown on the plate; everything was beautifully placed. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special brunchnewgrammyDined on 8/10/2014I have eaten at La Ferme many times and the food is always outstanding and the service is very prompt and friendly. My mother in law and I both had the salmon and it was excellent. But then all the times I have eaten there I have always enjoyed my meal. I would recommend it as a special place for an anniversary or birthday dinner. I always go there for my birthday!Special Features:
- Outstanding, as alwaysWVWaltDined on 8/9/2014Another exceptional dinner at La Ferme. Whenever we are in the DC area, we always visit La Ferme, and always have a lovely time.Special Features:
- Always SuperbKAPMDined on 8/5/2014I have been eating at La Ferme since the 80s and it's always superb: food, service and ambience. Love this place and I hope they will be around for another 30 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsnamoboDined on 8/3/2014Terrific menu, well executed. Real French feel in ambiance and food. Service was not tops, but was adequate. Good place for a relaxed, laid back meal. We'll return.Special Features:
- Absolutely FabulouspleasedtodinewithyouDined on 8/1/2014My escort has lived and dined all over the world. He has spent a great deal of time in France eating and living. I can give no better assessment than his, "This is one of the best French meals I have ever eaten and certainly the best French meal I have eaten since coming yo the United States."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrific!lovelyDined on 7/26/2014I have been going to Le Ferme for a long time and will continue to do so! July 26 was my birthday and I was not disappointed, everything was excellent as usual. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncMDDined on 7/19/2014Food was great, especially the lobster bisque. We go there for the chocolate souffle, which is great. The service was good except she forgot the coffee with dessert. We ate early and got out before the piano player got too loud. It is noisy when it's crowded and the piano player tries to play over the noise.Special Features:
- A Gem to entertain in Chevy ChaseGoddess1Dined on 7/18/2014Recently on a perfect day, July 18, Friday, I entertained a young, exuberant Serbian family with a 22 months old daughter living in Washington Metro Araa. What a splendid time we had while tasting the food, the wine and having warm conversations. The appetizers we chose were Salad of Mesclun greens, Prince Edward Island mussels, and Cheese platter. And for main meal we chose Marine Lobster and shrimp. Filet of Tilapia and Sauteed Scaloppini of veal. My friends claimed that these were the best food in Washington. To topple it all we had Grand Marnier Souflle for dessert. I would recommend highly to try La Ferme elegantly hidden in a residential area on Brookville Road even on a rainy day.Special Features:
- Steady as she GoesProntomacVIPDined on 7/17/2014Congratulations to the chef and kitchen for continuing to produce such high quality food. Two of us had dover sole, grilled to perfection including the little grill marks and excellent sauce. Wine list is quite nicely developed and a bit pricey, but some good bottles at lower 2 digit range. Busboys were also excellent, as is the ever present and charming host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint experienceWhatsthatburningsmellDined on 7/17/2014Everything about La Ferme is charming. It is a nice change of pace from the typical high production, top chef restaurants in the metro area. Good food, simply prepared in a quaint, almost elegant atmosphere at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 7/13/2014No reflection on the restaurant, and it was a Sunday evening at 7:30 during mid-July, but the restaurant was virtually empty which made us feel self-conscious, and we definitely closed the place down. But the food was still great, from the warm bread (I miss the flavored olive oils they used to put on the tables), the tender sweetbreads in a nice, winy sauce, and equally tender and flavorful calves liver, to the gorgeous orange liqueur dessert souffle which we always order (have to order it right at the beginning). Our server, Mirky (sp?), was very nice and professional and didn't seem to be urging us out even though the restaurant was closing. A nice place to celebrate our wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Misleading MenujsahiriDined on 7/13/20141) The Lunch menu does not say that there is no lunch served on Sunday. We went there thinking that we could have lunch because we are not brunch eaters. We were told when we asked for the lunch menu that there is no lunch served on Sunday. But the menu on the website does not say that. 2) We ordered a wine on the wine list for a certain price and billed a higher price. We asked the server to correct the error. He told us that the one we ordered was no longer available but were served a pricier Sancerre -without telling us. We paid and emailed the restaurant upon arriving home. They answered back the same day apologizing and indicating that they will credit our card of the difference including taxesI would recommend this to a friend.
- special placeDCvisitorsDined on 7/12/2014Over 20 years a special place when we are in DC. It is worth the drive from downtown. We will continue to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable special placeamarciaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We go to LaFerme 5 times a year. The food is very good. Sometimes Better and sometimes not as good. The service is Usually excellent. It is a festive place and a very good place to celebrate. It used to be a place for blue haired ladies but no longer. It is a good place For well mannered kids over 10. One can eat plainly or much richer. This time we had the Japanese styled tuna and it was very good indeed. It was my birthday so We splurged with the chocolate soufflé for dessert. All a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can never go wrong...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014by choosing La Ferme. It is great to still have tradional neighboorhood gems especially in this area. la Ferme is one of the very few places where I can find calf's liver. you can never go wrong here.Special Features:
- Best French Food in quite a while!BGR1Dined on 7/9/2014Found this on Open Table. Mussels, Pate, French Onion Soup and Calf Liver all done to perfection. Ordered a Soufflé, What a treat. We really enjoyed and plan to go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcogersDined on 7/6/2014The New Orleans style decorating was lovely and we were treated with thoughtful service. We were celebrating a birthday, but the celebrant was too shy to mention it. Happy Birthday was sung twice during the time we had dinner. The pianist played quietly throughout our meal, loud enough that you could listen if you wanted to, but could also talk. We would like to return soon to try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features: