7101 Brookville road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lafermerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (301) 986-5255
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is offered on some occasion, assuming that we can "deliver" what is expected. Each demand is considered individually.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase Villages, with ample free parking, La Ferme has been serving its loyal clientele since 1985.
- Private Party Contact: Prasad Perera 3019865255x
- Entertainment: Carlton Saunders, our pianist, plays for your enjoyement
- Special Events: Open for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year eve, Valentines day, Easter Sunday and Mothers day.
A word from La Ferme
Located in the heart of the Chevy Chase villages, a mile away from busy Bethesda and a few blocks North of the District of Columbia, La Ferme has been serving Contemporary French food since 1985. Our covered patio can be used for dining or a private function (Spring to Fall) Romantic setting with lots of private tables (including 2 balcony tables for 2).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
La Ferme - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
La Ferme reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (77)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (32)great for brunch (30)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014This was our second time doning at La Ferme. Both times, the service and food were outstanding. From steak to seafood, everything is prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying dinner in a serene atmosphereLPG1VIPDined on 11/22/2014When we crave a retreat from the resolutely hip and clamorous environs of many of DC's so-called hot restaurants, La Ferme is just the ticket. Our recent dinner -- salad, Dover sole, and a Grand Marnier soufflé to share -- was very good, and equally appreciated was an ambiance that actually made quiet conversation possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Ferme Withstands CompetitionBertVIPDined on 11/20/2014When I first went to La Ferme, I was with a "regular." When I returned, I was again treated to exquisite service and one of the finest French meals I've had in some time. The French onion soup was delightful, and the delicate sweetbreads prepared superbly. The sides of al dente green beans and Gratin Dauphinois were exceptional. I would return with or without your "regular" guest. Thank you for a lovely repost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood ClassicPaulSVIPDined on 11/17/2014Fabulous old world French with a few modern twists to the menu. Outstanding service and great food make for a special evening. The fireplace, high ceilings and classic decor create a romantic environment for a special occasion. The Dover Sole was perfectly grilled, de-boned table side and absolutely delicious. We were there to celebrate our 30 anniversary and realized that to only dine at La Ferme for a special occasion was wrong. We plan to return more often to enjoy the great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth Your TimeSloopy1Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, service and caring by service people. The filet was outstanding. My friend had the pork chop, said it was the best she's ever had. I've been here serveral times before and it is always a winning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing!DwagsVIPDined on 11/15/2014we were visiting family in the Chevy Chase area and chose this restaurant because of it rating. I must say that we were disappointed with the quality level of the food. The service was very good - a bit rushed!. I had the Cod which was not memorable at all. My husband had the pork chop which he enjoyed.
- Good but could have been betterericlisaDined on 11/8/2014We go here often for special occasions. It was mostly good this time but my entre, the special, was promoted by the staff. Not so good. Pork chop over cooked and sweet potato hash inedible. Also wife's fish stew was short on the fish but good sauce. Will go back but hope for better.Special Features:
- a nice surprisefoodloverDined on 11/7/2014I am from out of town and I am not familiar with the restaurants in this area. La Ferme was a nice surprise. The decor was a bit dated but I guess it is suppose to be French country and that it was. The seating was comfortable and we were not rushed. The food was visually attractive and tasted great. It is reasonably priced. Not a romantic place but great fun! I would definetly come back!
- KorskickoandbkoDined on 11/7/2014This was a special aniversary dinner. As always La Ferme met our expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as alwaysgoodeatsDined on 11/7/2014We have never had a bad meal there - food is always good. On this day the noise level seemed quite high as there were several larger groups dining. Otherwise, everything was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem is losing lusterplayingfrenchDined on 11/2/2014Been going here for years. It is truly where we go to avoid the crowds in DC and Bethesda. Although still reliable and friendly the last few times service has been slow and the food has been off. Not ready to ditch but something is amidst.Special Features:
- Classic French Food & ServicewinxalotDined on 11/1/2014Expect a classic French (continental) experience with the accompanying price tag (which is fair considering the effort that clearly goes into making this restaurant so professional). We were seated within 5 minutes and attended to within another 5, despite the place being full. Our waiter was clearly quite experienced and unobtrusive. Food and wine were both excellent. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- La Ferme a New FindBertVIPDined on 10/31/2014A long time customer introduced me to La Ferme. From the enthusiastic greeting to the final cup of coffee, the lovely French restaurant does not disappoint. We savored the lobster bisque, pate, and exquisitely-prepared desserts. The servers were exceptionally attentive and welcoming. I will return soon.I'mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2014superheating before serving dries out fish and overcooks meat
- Lunch at La FermePeterDined on 10/30/2014The place is very cozy and nicely decorated.You feel like you are in a house in the French countryside. My 3-course lunch was excellent and moderately priced. It started with a tasty pate, followed by delicious and tender veal and ended with a light but creamy Amaretto souffle. The service was very attentive and we received a complementary glass of sparkling wine. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Fine menu and ambienceJSDinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014I took my rather picky dear friend from London to La Ferme on a weekday evening and she loved it. The menu was varied and appealing, the atmosphere conducive to quiet, thoughtful conversation (the piano playing in the background helped), and the service was attentive but not overly so. The soufflé for desert was excellent and not to be missed. An older crowd for sure and one that retires early -- my friend and I closed the place down leaving at 9pm. But that shouldn't deter anyone looking for a good meal in a quiet and most pleasant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My spirit was in ParisBigRubeVIPDined on 10/26/2014because it felt like I was eating at a Parisian cafe. They have one of the best French onion soups I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- Very good but expensivemarshalhymanVIPDined on 10/25/2014I would go more often if the prices were a bit better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'etablissement extraordinaireKathyDined on 10/25/2014The best of French cuisine, service and ambiance served in an inviting dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Two times a year my dear friend and I come to La Ferme to celebrate our birthdays. It's always a special treat.Special Features:
- Bad Service at La FermeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014This was my first time there. I went with my elderly brother. The food was excellent. The service was very poor. The waiter was inattentive. It took forever to get a refill of a beverage. It took forever to order dessert and longer for it to arrive. Because of this poor service, I will not return to La Ferme, which is a loss for both of us. There are few really good French restaurants in the DC are, and La Ferme would be one of them if the service were even adequate instead of extremely poor.
- Suburban CharmGoddess1Dined on 10/16/2014I have been to La Ferme at least five times this year. And I know for sure La Ferme, only six minutes from my home, would definitely become my personal restaurant to entertain my family, friends for all occasions.Special Features:
- Is this place really still open?ThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 10/10/2014The food was stuff you can cook at home, and even better. The decor is from the 20's. The waitstaff are either too old to care or too young to bother. How this place stays alive is a mystery. Summation: a very sad experience.
- Perfect eveningMomMomDined on 10/9/2014My husband had a stroke early this summer, and his mobility is somewhat impaired. He wanted to go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and needed to decide on a handicap-accessible restaurant. We remembered having had many wonderful meals at La Ferme and decided that would be the perfect venue for us. Although I have food allergies (to onion, garlic, other alliums), the chef was able to prepare a very tasty entrée for me. The staff were very kind and helpful, the food we selected was delicious, and the evening was perfect for us. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Old gem, better than everChrisVIPDined on 10/7/2014Have been dining at La Ferme off and on for 25 years. The food was excellent and has improved the last year or two. The Chilean Sea Bass was incredible (really) and the soufflés continue to be the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, romantic atmosphereBirdguyDined on 10/5/2014Service was impeccable. Food was very good - wondered about the mashed potatoes. Wonderful martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Celebrated a friends birthday for Sunday brunch. Food, service and atmosphere excellent. Our waiter was especially charming and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friendsRobCDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful meal with another couple for a special night out. The menu offered a variety of selections for appetizers, main course and dessert to meet everyone's tastes and the wine was very nice as well. Service was attentive but did not leave us feeling rushed along through our meal. A little pricey for a regular night out but great for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014On Sundays breads is served only for a fee????? Service was slow & restaurant was not very busySpecial Features:
- Always Magnifique!JLSCTVIPDined on 9/25/2014We return to La Ferme over and over again for the obvious reasons: close to D.C. but feels like it is out in the country; enormous parking lot with room for even the largest of celebrations; well-executed menu of French and Continental standards; lunch prices that cost just a bit more than an over-priced burger in other places; extravagant dinner choices that still won't break the bank; thoughtful e-mail communications including free dessert or champagne on your birthday or anniversary; discreet and highly trained staff who are there to make you feel welcome and at ease every step of the way, no matter what the request. Merci! Merci! Merci pour tout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionDiningout999VIPDined on 9/23/2014La Ferrme is lovely, food is good, nice decor, but WILDLY overpriced.Special Features:
- We should have known ...Ronald17Dined on 9/20/2014something was wrong when we arrived at about 8:00 pm on a Saturday and found the place virtually empty. Waiters were standing around acting surly. One, bringing our appetisers simply said "anything else?" One person's salad and one person's soup were inedible. Two people ordered Dover Sole for entrees. There was a long delay after showing them to the table and supposedly taking them off the bone. In the end a waiter informed us that someone had broken a wine glass over the fish and so they would have to cook a fresh batch. Enough was enough. Comments to the manager were greeted with a couldn't-care-less attitude so we stood up and left, never to return I might add.
- nice neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014A few of the menu items are our go-to choices. No restaurant I know does them better. Bar drinks however taste very alcoholic as if made with inexpensive liquor. I asked for a classic martini which came warm to the table. Please--just because one doesn't order it on the rocks doesn't mean it shouldn't be chilled with ice and strained.Special Features:
- A DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Visited with an out of town friend who declared that we MUST return to La Ferme when she come back to town. The food was inventive without being off-putting - with a delicate hand when saucing. "Mashed" brussel sprouts intrigued my friend and she was completely delighted with the bed of these beneath her excellent and large scallops. My sweetbreads were a throwback to the first such dish I had in NYC years ago - absolutely wonderful. The souffle was the only disappointment. While it was puffed to a high crown, the interior was like a dense pudding rather than an airy cloud. I would not order this again - though the flavor was very appealing; it just didn't seem like a souffle.Special Features:
- French ambiancegfDinendasheDined on 9/20/2014Upon arriving we were greeted by the owner, who was very gracious. Our waiter was quite attentive. The wine list was reasonably priced. I ordered lamb, which was quite good, though the sauce was a little thin. My wife ordered the chicken, which was really good, with a great sauce. Cooking was in the style of very good French restaurants, though just a cut below the finest ones. Overall the restaurant was an extremely enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful -- as usual!BrunchloverDined on 9/16/2014Lovely elegant atmosphere, good food, excellent service!Special Features:
- Nice, out-of-the-way spotWFSCFDined on 9/15/2014I met a former client there and we had a very nice dinner. It was a sleepy Monday evening but it worked out perfectly. I really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:
- SharonKVIPDined on 9/14/2014La Ferme never disappoints and that is why I always book it especially for special occasions such as birthdays and holidays. The service is impeccable, amazing ambiance and quiet enough to have intimate conversations. The food is consistently good, however, it is all of La Ferme's attributes which brings me back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerkkf888Dined on 9/13/2014I took my husband here for dinner on his birthday. I mentioned in the memo section on Open Table that it was his birthday . We were greated warmly when we arrived, and shown to our table which had comfortable chairs and a nice view of the dining room. The food was delicious . I had the Arctic cod, and he had the mushroom ravioli. We split the apple tart, which came with a birthday candle. The waiter sang happy birthday quietly, which was nice because sometimes restaurants make way too much fuss and bother other diners. A very nice meal and evening.kkfSpecial Features:
- Fabulous after many years!carolynlDined on 9/7/2014I hadn't been back to La Ferme for 11 years, for reasons having nothing to do with the restaurant. I chose it as a place to say thank you to three new friends, and it more than lived up to my hopes. The service was exceptional, the food stupendous, and the fact Alain came in on his day off to greet me overwhelmed me. Thanks to everyone!Special Features: