114 Kenmare Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://esquinanyc.com/
- Phone: 6466137100x2
- Hours of Operation:
Brasserie Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erik Osol
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Selected DJs 10pm - 2am daily
A word from La Esquina
La Esquina is an authentic Mexican Restaurant, Taqueria and Tequila Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
La Esquina - Best Restaurants in NoLita ›
La Esquina reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (95)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (62)late-night find (59)special occasion (44)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (36)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MUY BUEN LUGAROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Buen ambiente, atencion especializada y buenos drinks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La EsquinaRCostaVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food is amazing! The corn is unique and the carne assada is also delicious. Recommend also the tequila tasting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Love this place and very delicious food! You should try itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodmaikarodriguezcarralDined on 10/20/2014me parecio un restaurante muy divertido para pasar una noche con amigosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and settingArlene1211Dined on 10/19/2014Amazing restaurant - food and atmosphere superb. A gem in NYCSpecial Features:
- JimKateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Server was a little dim and made a few mistakes, food was not a good as I remember it from Jan 2012Special Features:
- Only one bad waiter- rest was greatElenaluDined on 10/19/2014I was seated at 6:15 and then waited 15 minutes for the waiter to ask me what I wanted to drink, by that time I was ready to place my order. I once again had to wait 20 minutes for the waiter to show up with my drink and to take my order. Most of the tables around me were empty so there should have been no reason to take so long. The food was very good, and the busboys were very helpful and were the ones who handed me a dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect experience but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The entrance is very nicely doen. We really enjoyed the overall experience and the service and quality of the food where also perfect. The disadvantage is the noise. You cant hear eachother at the table. Its like dining in a club. The music is also tasteless...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Everything was fabulous but our food came out too quickly and too close together. Definitely recommend to others and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La esquina For touristsEnjoyedVIPDined on 10/11/2014It's a great place to bring people from out of town. ASpecial Features:
- so worth itsar8Dined on 10/10/2014awesome DJ to create a vibrant dinner and bar scene. authentic mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a neat experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Reservations- a must. Really unique and fun dining experience. A must when in NYC. Food was incredible. 2 words- Queso Fundido.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Ended up with a late-night reservation on a Thursday evening. The entire vibe of the basement brassiere was ideal--right down to the DJ. The drinks were amazing and food was so very satisfying. I wish I hadn't gotten so full because I would have loved to try the desserts! Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- WaitressBellaNYCVIPDined on 10/9/2014Our waitress was very rude She made my party very uncomfortable She rushed us out of the table She practically trew the check at our faces without asking if it we were done Not happy at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014The food was fantastic – finally some great gourmet Mexican food in NYC. And my wife with Mexican-heritage commented on how the food as well as decor was authentic. Our server was fantastic - totally experienced, professional and friendly. The only critique I have is regarding their reservation system. It would be great if it was more clear to just use opentable and not bother calling. They say on their site to call for reservations but nobody ever answers the phone, but they keep you on hold - would be better to just say don't call and only reserve online. I definitely recommend this place. It's more than just a hot spot – the quality of the food and menu warrants coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smashing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Next time in NYC we would def have a second meal by yours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance but mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014The Corn on the cob is very tasty but other than that the food was mediocre. However, cool place and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated place.CmanubayVIPDined on 10/5/2014They try too hard to be exclusive. Diners are left clueless on where to go and get seated. Food is good, but not great. Not worth the trouble of getting a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, fantastic serviceHanneSDined on 10/4/2014Fantastic food and service! A place to recommend! Quite loud music, but it was good music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambientazo!JaviSpanishDined on 10/4/2014Perfecto para cenar y comenzar la noche en un ambiente divertido. Auténtica y rica comida mexicana.Special Features:
- theswedetheswedeDined on 9/30/2014Really vibrant place with a really nice ambience. Wonderful drinks, great service and friendly staff. Food was a little plain though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeatDined on 9/29/2014Lovley place to eat at. fantastic food and a really cool place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary date nightCC123Dined on 9/26/2014Great music, great food, friendly & professional staff. One of the best nights in nyc..if you can get a reservationSpecial Features:
- "Cool" place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014I really enjoyed the food. The drink menu may need a little tweaking. Our server, Michelle warmed up to us after we introduced ourselves to her. She was extremely attentive and was very good at suggesting meals and drinks. She also was very accommodating if we didn't like something to exchange it for something else. She surprised one of the guests with a birthday cake, which was very sweet. Really liked Michelle's service. This was my first visit and would definitely visit again because the food was delicious and atmosphere was fun.Special Features:
- ArrogantLorrislootVIPDined on 9/26/2014From the minute we arrived the service was awful. It was apparent all of the staff thought we the diners were privileged to be there and didn't care if we had a good experience or not. We had an early reservation so the restaurant was empty. They promptly sat us and three other parties on top of each other. One table asked to move which begrudgingly the waiter did. I went to restroom where another waitperson made fun of me for not knowing how to get in. Turns out I was doing it right but both rooms were locked with other employees inside!! Margaritas were terrible. We ordered one ok dish to start. Waiter never came back. We decided to leave and had to tackle him to get our check. We went to Dos Caminos and had a great dinner!!!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousBrianRVADined on 9/23/2014Visited with a group in town for a conference and had a fantastic experience all the way around. I can't recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended!HeNYDined on 9/21/2014Very cool place, friendly service and really nice food. The DJ also had a very good night, music was fantastic.Special Features:
- I liked IT a lot !In Spite being 63MandingaDined on 9/17/2014A son of mine told me to come I tried since may 13 to go to La Esquina, But is Very difficult to book. Last year I phoned twice From Buenos Aires, and could not book IT I received Very Good service,and excellent Food !I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014If you can get a reservation you should really try the corn; it's the best I ever had! And have some tequila to get the night going - they really taste as good as they say. we tried 5 different dishes and they all exceeded our expectations and it wasn't pricy at all except for the drinksSpecial Features:
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014From the outside, this looks like a corner stop for cheap mexican. But downstairs is an amazing gem in a formal dining room. The food was amazing and the service was good. We loved it!Special Features:
- Food is good, service is awful.ASNYCVIPDined on 9/12/2014From the moment you step in there are people trying to pushing you to order, eat and leave as fast as you can. Food is good, not amazing. Place is nice but it has a reputation that doesn't live up to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First SpeakEasy - Amazing!debinbcDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for a speak-easy experience and La Esquina was recommended to us. The total experience was very memorable from finding the restaurant (not knowing what a speakeasy was) to walking thru the kitchen to the bar and then to the food. And tequila - amazing selection of tequila!! Food was so good - we thought the grilled octopus was the best and dessert was a coconut cake that was outstanding. Bring a sweater - the air circulates and can be cool depending on what corner you're in. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Mexican foodAussiedancerDined on 9/7/2014The food here is outrageously yummy. I started off with the corn, whilst being a bit awkward to eat, is too delicious to even think about how you look. Then I got the soft tacos with chicken. While they look small, once you dig in you will feel full very quickly. I had the chocolate pudding for desert. Too big for one person to eat, this meal would be great shared. I tried to get through as much as I could because it was so tasty!! The waiters here are a bit pretentious but the food is worth all the hooplah. I got lost at first, as there is no sign or doorway that say 'La Esquina'. I found the doorman (!) and he told me to go downstairs, get m name checked off and wait at the bar. All in all it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good TimeTonyJVIPDined on 9/4/2014I love this place; the food, the drinks, and the people. Always my favorite place. Order the congrejo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Strong and welldone food. Nice place and nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous mexican food!AussiesinnycDined on 8/30/2014Had a great server who did the ordering on our behalf as we had never been before. We loved everything that he ordered. Would definitely recommend to other. Thank youSpecial Features:
- ExtexanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere and food! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- IncredibleDined on 8/24/2014Been here once before and one of my favourite restaurants ever! The atomosphere is amazing, the staff are attentive and the food is delicious. Recommend to everyone of my friends who visits New York.Special Features:
- AwesomeKookyDined on 8/21/2014Great food and atmosphere. Loved the hidden aspect of the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCtouristDined on 8/21/2014On a tight schedule so only sampled a small selection. Highly recommend the tostadas. Seating is very cosy, can listen to others conversationsSpecial Features: