40 East Gibbsboro Road
Lindenwold, NJ 08021Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mexicanhope.com/
- Phone: (856) 782-7114
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Saul Cordova
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: There are suggestions many items from our regular menu that will work well with a buffet style party. To book a party or get a quote, please contact Saul Cordova at 856-782-7114 or E-mail him at Saul@mexicanhope.com. We’ll be more that happy to cook for your next event. Any further questions or for more information please send us a message.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the following Private Party options: we will close down to the general public Sunday to Thursday for parties of more that 60 people. Please note that these parties must be booked in advance with a signed contract. Smaller parties can also be booked, but we will not close to the general public; there will be a designated area.
- Private Party Contact: Saul Cordova 8567827114
A word from La Esperanza
Our family welcomes you to our home. We are proud to bring you a small piece of Mexico & we hope your visit at La Esperanza is a pleasant one. Enjoy our wonderful home cooked meals, our fabulous family recipes & traditional sauces. Glance through our vast list of traditional Mexican sodas & drinks, various Mexican beers as well as domestic & local; savor our great wines & traditional fine Tequilas. Come back & visit often & become part of our family, experience “La Esperanza” the hope that propels our family forward. Get to know our history & where we come from but more importantly experience our family as we strive to bring you the very best in our food, traditions & our culture. From our Family & our entire staff, Muchas Gracias! La Familia Cordova & La EsperanzaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Esperanza reviews from OpenTable diners
- BEST MEXICAN THIS SIDE OFOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013BEST MEXICAN THIS SIDE OF THE BORDER! ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS IN ALL ASPECTS!Special Features:
- I was so excited to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013I was so excited to go to this resturant, because of all the great things I heard about it.. Boy was I disappointed.. The food was awful, no taste I had to order extra sour cream just because of that. To top the night off we were trying to finish our drinks. The owner came up and asks us to leave, because we've been sitting there to long!. I felt so uncomfortable, I got up and left and didn't get to finish my drink!. Never again will we got to that resturant.
- Food was not very good. MyJoboDined on 4/13/2013Food was not very good. My friend had pork that was so well done it was like shoe leather. My chicken fajitas did not come with tortillas to wrap it in or toppings.. Just a plate full of chicken with peppers and onions. Not likely to ever go there again.
- Quite possibly the best mexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013Quite possibly the best mexican this side of the border! Fantastic in all aspects.Special Features:
- I have been dining at La EsperanzatropwesVIPDined on 4/5/2013I have been dining at La Esperanza for many years and this was the first time I booked it on Open Table so I thought it was time to write a review. This is as authentic a mexican restaurant that does it up right as you can find. I don't think you would be sure if you were in Cabo San Lucas or Lindenwold once inside. It's 5 starts for what it is, but keeping in mind it's far from quiet and romantic. This is a mexican bar and the food happens to be solid. We even felt it would be ok to bring our baby and and it was, but I am not sure I would recommend that! Tequila shots and outstanding margaritas, along with a party like atmosphere is the reason to visit La Esperanza!Special Features:
- Love this place! Food is fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Love this place! Food is fantastic. Service great!Special Features:
- Excellent food at a fair price.MikeDined on 4/5/2013Excellent food at a fair price. The servers were very good. The place is a little cramped and I was very disappointed in the Margaritas. Much too sweet. Overall a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- never had a bad meal theyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2013never had a bad meal they are always very friendly and helpful with the menu
- Great Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2013Great mexican food. They have the best guacamole.. Drink specials every night of the week. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. We love going here for dinner with our family and friends.
- Had a nice relaxing dinner. thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Very Relaxing Dining, good fresh food which was not expensive. Many families with behaved children there. Would defiantly go back.Special Features:
- The food was delicious! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013The food was delicious! The atmosphere was warm, friendly and livelySpecial Features:
- Awesome MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013The guacamole was awesome, the servers all helped each other , empty plates were taken quickly , drinks were refilled.....food was great, spicy dishes which in a lot of places you can't get. The waitress brought us a sample of mole w/ out even asking. Overall I'd definetley go back and maybe take the kids next time!! Awesome!Special Features:
- The food was very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013The food was very authentic and delicious. The cook even went to each table during dinner and asked the customers how they enjoyed the food. Great value!Special Features:
- Based on the reviews, we wereGreatCookDined on 3/17/2013Based on the reviews, we were excited to try out La Esperanza! On a Sunday evening, we were pleasantly surprised to find a nice size crowd Still having dinner and drinking after 8 pm. Of course we started with the house Margaritas and Guacamole. The guacamole was excellent, As everyone has stated. We made a mistake in not sending our drinks back. Two in our threesome fount them undrinkable and described them As a poor bottled mix on ice. The 3rd, with a sugar rim, was unremarkable but drinkable. We'd stick to beer next time! The entrees portions were enormous, but we had varying degrees of satisfaction. Next time, I'll ask what is most ordered on the menu. I think that we may have missed their best dishes!Special Features:
- Too pricey for the atmosphereBravoVIPDined on 2/24/2013Too pricey for the atmosphere and the cuisine. The food was good, just overpriced.
- Went out with the girls forDeniseVIPDined on 2/15/2013Went out with the girls for a girl's night out/birthday. It was perfect for us. I liked my margarita the best with the fresh lime juice, and the guacamole is amazing!!! Thanks!Special Features:
- Having dined on Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Having dined on Mexican food on the West Coast and in Mexico itself, I am always amazed that what is probably the best Mexican food I've ever tasted is found in southern New Jersey. La Esperanza is consistently excellent, with wonderful food in a casual and welcoming atmosphere.
- Extremely good food. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Extremely good food. Great service. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a great meal love theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Always a great meal love the chiles rellenos and fresh margaritasSpecial Features:
- Very authentic food and friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2013Very authentic food and friendly, attentive service. Would definitely return again.Special Features:
- a little disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013a little disappointed in the total experience, heard great things about this restaurant for years. 9 dollars for a glass of sangria that was not served in a sangria glass, glass was full of ice if there were 2 ounces of sangria in the glass that was very small.
- As always, consistently veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2013As always, consistently very good authentic Mexican Food.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Excellent authentic Mexican good with a fantastic staff to match. I've been coming here for years and always have a fantastic time and tasty dishes. The waitstaff is family and they make you feel like you are too. They've recently gotten new hostess staff which don't exactly fit the friendly and cozy atmosphere of the place. The only negative I can point out of the evening was the wait (which is to be expected on a weekend) and the hostesses who were less than inviting. However, I love the place and the rest of the staff so much, I didn't let that damper my evening. A must try! And then you will be a regular.Special Features:
- My family enjoys home madeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013My family enjoys home made Mexican food that you do not find at chain restaurants. From the fresh ground guacamole to the Fat Alex (must have) it is a great dining experience. The atmosphere is nice and the staff has always been warm and welcoming. A neighborhood gem! A place for us to relax with family and friends.Special Features:
- My husband and I love La Esperanza.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013My husband and I love La Esperanza. We go there quite often and have never had a bad experience. The service and the food is great!! Recommend this restaurant to everyone that will listen.Special Features:
- Delish dishes at La Esperanza,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Delish dishes at La Esperanza, plus service is great. If you're in the area its worth stopping for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- AGemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Very nice "Home style " place. Very good , authentic food. Good portions at a good price. Excelkent Margaritas!! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The guacamole is to die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The guacamole is to die for! I definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- The food is delicious, tasty,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012The food is delicious, tasty, and authentic. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The best authentic mexicanMidgeVIPDined on 12/27/2012The best authentic mexican food and Tequila selection in South JerseySpecial Features:
- Best Mexican Restaurant Secret SpotkathykDined on 12/8/2012As always, a fabulous meal at La Esperanza! We love this place and recommend it to all our friends. Cannot wait to return to have a "Fat Alex Challenge" with some of our friends soon. Order the crock of Guacamole - you will not be disappointed! You may not be hungry when your meal arrives, but happily full~!!Special Features:
- I love this food from thismariaeVIPDined on 11/21/2012I love this food from this restaurant. The service here is not up to par with the food.
- A step above Don Pablo's,MattyDined on 11/18/2012A step above Don Pablo's, but only a step. Service is awful.
- What can I say? Great Mexican,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2012What can I say? Great Mexican, fresh food, amazing adult beverages, and just overall wonderful place to eat... We drove about an hour to get here and would not bat an eye to do it again. The chips and salsa that come with dinner are fantastic and the portions will have you taking home lunch for the next day.Special Features:
- Ladies night out was Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Went there for "SJ Hot Chefs, Fall Harvest Week" special was four courses for $25. The food was spectacular, they also had great drink specials, delicious margaritas. We had a wonderful Ladies night out. There was so much food I don't know how they could make a profit, great quality. Service was also wonderful, pleasant and prompt. Couldn't be happier, always a great experience.Special Features:
- A Taste of Mexico in Lindenwold, NJOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2012Authentic Mexican food? This wonderful place is all that and more! Not "Tex-Mex" but real Mexican meals that put you in the middle of a genuine Mexican city. La Esperanza is family owned and staffed. The food is tasty and authenticly spiced: the staff is attentive but not smothering; the bar is small and reasonably priced and the tables are intimate but not "trendy-small." Looking for a quiet, romantic restaurant - then look elsewhere. Looking for great food, served by pleasant people and a lively atmosphere - you've found it in Lindenwold, NJ!Special Features:
- It's tough to rate MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2012It's tough to rate Mexican food places when I get the real deal at my mother's & grandmother's, but that said I would go back here. The green salsa was dead on. The decor is unfortunate however, it screams spring break a la college bar.
- La Esperanzas is the bestLocal47Dined on 9/21/2012When your looking for a fun, relaxing and authentic Mexican meal you can do no better than La Esperanzas. This has been a favorite of ours for many years and we are never disappointed. Friendliest staff, family owned and operated by the Cordova family they go out of their way to make you feel at home. The decor is colorful and reminds you that you are there for the taste and feel of Mexico. Every order of guacamole is made fresh to order and it is the best we have ever tasted. Their bar is stocked with every premium tequila and Mexican beer you can think of. Some of our favorite dishes are the empenandas, chiles renos, chicken enchiladas with mole poblano sauce, any of the burritos and don't forget desert.Special Features:
- Love La Esperanza's authenticNorthJerseyNVIPDined on 9/19/2012Love La Esperanza's authentic cuisine. My tacos were a little too much to handle as they were stuffed with lettuce and cheese, but I guess one should never complain about having too much food.
- This is the most authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012This is the most authentic Mexican food in the South Jersey area. If you want to eat the real stuff, go to LaEsperanzaSpecial Features: