La Dolce Vita of Belmar
400 Ocean Ave.
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Dolce Vita of Belmar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.belmarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7327493177
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Wine
- Catering: La Dolce Vita provides old-world Italian Cuisine for your next party, barbeque or picnic in the park. We take catering to a new level of quality and completeness. We look forward with great anticipation to providing our superior catering service. We deliver throughout Monmouth County. Want something special? We can accommodate your special needs, letting you choose from a wide variety of items on our catering menu. Please visit our menu through the page below: http://www.belmarrestaurant.com/nj-catering-menu.php
A word from La Dolce Vita of Belmar
La Dolce Vita is family owned and operated by two generations. Both ZIO (uncle) Giuseppe Salpietro and Nipote (nephew) Nicola Fuccilli invite you to experience their passion for Italian cuisine and culture. The story of La Dolce Vita began five decades ago in a small town in the hills of Sicily. It is from here that co-owner Giuseppe Salpietro brings authentic cuisine, traditions and customs, which come from centuries of good living. La Dolce Vita believes in bringing this passion for Dolce Vita, translates to mean the sweet life, into every dish that leaves our kitchen. It is our goal to make every customer feel like part of our very own family. We at La Dolce Vita believe in family and invite you and your family in to our Restaurant to experience a variety of fantastic tastes to please every palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
La Dolce Vita of Belmar - Best Restaurants in Belmar ›
La Dolce Vita of Belmar reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (17)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (14)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food, awesome service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Dined here on Sunday of Labor Day weekend, table of 5 was ready when we arrived. Wait staff were extremely professional and efficient. Good was great.Special Features:
- Fun timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Went there over Labor Day weekend with a group of 9 and service was spot on, food was excellent, location is awesome. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Spot w Awesome FoodRunrobrunDined on 8/27/2014This is a great local restaurant that has awesome food, great service and tremendous ocean view. This is one of the best Italian Restaurants on the Jersey Shore for sure!Special Features:
- Beach and Great FoodMarkDined on 8/15/2014For a great "on the beach" restaurant with good, well prepared Italian food...this is the place. Don't shy away from this place, in the middle of the "younger crowd", since it offers great food, service and cocktails. The only improvement would be to enhance the Chicken Scarpariello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Javaba96Dined on 8/10/2014It is what it is...A beach town with limited dinning options. The food was fine and atmosphere good. I wouldn't go back for seconds since I haven't try the others down the stretches of beach.Special Features:
- Perfect NightTrishDined on 8/4/2014We came in from CT. Had dinner Monday night with my sister and her husband . From the drinks to the entrees , it was a wonderful experience of food, drink and oceanfront ambience . Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the BeachRickDined on 8/4/2014La Dolce Vita is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always very good to excellent and the service is great. All this while enjoying the fresh salt air and being across the street from the ocean. I highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- veewallDined on 8/3/2014Restaurant was fine. It's on the beach and a very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious! Staff was extremely helpful. Only problem was it got really, really loud on the porch. We were practically screaming at each other by the end of the night. I'd still go back though!Special Features:
- food was only fairjoyceDined on 8/1/2014calamari was a little rubbery, caprese salad was very scant on the tomatoes and they were also not ripe, the buffalo mozzarella tasted no different than the regular mozzarella- no creamy center, the scallops were good. extremely loud inside dining- unable to hear each other over ambient noise.
- Ocean side dining!AnnMVIPDined on 7/31/2014We were greeted right away. There's a nice wine selection, so we enjoyed that. We dined on the patio. The summer breeze was perfect that night and the view of the ocean and the passersby gave a lively vibe to our al fresco experience. My husband raved about his classic veal park dish and I was delighted to have organic Scottish salmon with cherry stone clams. The food was delicious. The service was great. Make reservations or you may not get in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCoolchick12Dined on 7/29/2014Came here for the first time for my birthday. Made reservations for the patio but when I arrived there was no patio seating available for 2. Was then placed at a table near a busy door the waiters were going in and out of and the table was next to a bunch of guys who ever other word out of their mouth was F%*k. Moved tables. Waiter was nice, but that's the only good thing I have to say. Ordered chicken parm with homemade rigatoni, came out burned with penne from a box (apparently they don't even make homemade rigatoni). Also shrimp cocktail was not fresh, very fishy. Waiter took my meal off the bill. Will definitely never be back.Special Features:
- Never again!SpoiledbyNYNJDined on 7/23/2014This is considered an upscale restaurant at the shore in Belmar. The food was so pedestrian and unimaginative it is difficult any place like this could survive. I ordered garlic shrimp which was boring and boiled along with escarole that was cooked to death and loaded with sand. My customer ordered some sort of balsamic chicken which also appeared to be boiled and drenched in a pseudo sauce.... Very disappointing. The waiter was the best part of the meal, handsome and helpful!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014Hi hopes dashed. The res taurant is well located across from beach, We weree seated in a nice outdoor covered patio. Service was fine. The food was disappointing. The caesar salad was bland, no piquant punch of a well made ceasar . I had shrimp scampi over mushroom risotto. The shrimp were tasty, though bathed in a fairly tasteless broth. The risotto tasted like plain rice and lacked the creaminess of proper preparation. My husband's whole wheat primavera had no distinctive taste and could not have had more than a trace of pesto. His "homemade" pasta tasted no better than the average dried pasta one gets in a box. All in all a big disappointment. Nothing outstanding. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceNannerlDined on 7/19/2014Best linguine with clam sauce my husband and I have ever had. Delicious and reasonably priced Nero D'Avola, plus a seafood salad and Salad Contadina that were out of this world. Finally, deliciious strawberries with zabaglione. A perfect meal, beautifully served, with a great view.Special Features:
- DisappointingyummydinerDined on 7/19/2014Maybe a Saturday night in July is not the time to go. I had heard good things but can't say I agree. The food was OK ~ visually none of the plates even looked good and the taste was about the same. The noise level inside was too loud to enjoy anything.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Everything was excellent...food was delicious and the service was great! Will definitely be returning :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2014Food was good. Waiter was attentive and gave the price of the specials which is what every restaurant should do but, most don't. Unfortunately it was a very dreary night with the threat of rain, the view was lost. I enjoyed the special I ordered. The only disappointment was the dessert special. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is better...OverRatedVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was ny 3rd time to this restaurant but the 1st time for dinner. Food was ok, lunch food is much better...burgers, salads, sandwiches. I had a chicken dish and it was like rubber, my husband had chicken parm and it was really good but typical... not amazing. Deserts were ok, nothing special. It was a busy Friday night so the waiter wasn't very attentive, but he was really nice. The outdoor dining on Ocean avenue is why this restaurant is so busy. The owner just opened another restaurant next door so maybe that is getting more attention.Special Features:
- Average restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed the food. We felt the waiter was good but business like, not very warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad too disorganizedjimnjshoreDined on 7/5/2014We had eight 815 reservation sat It was Saturday night fourth of July weekend July 5 dat down 845 did not get an appetizer till 945 dinner was served at almost 11 o'clock staff is not experienced not professional he sits too many tables too many people he has no control of Hostess has no control of staff and actually has no control of himself poor managed food was good we sat outside other than that LOL it was goodSpecial Features:
- Anniversary mealbigdwilDined on 7/5/2014Celebrated our 45th with good food, good liquor (grey goose!) great weather and a nice group of fellow diners followed by a walk on the Belmar boardwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014The pistachio encrusted sea bass was delicious and the carrot cake was the best ever!! Great find, I will definitely try again next visit.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!MissybDined on 6/7/2014We went this past Saturday night and the food and service was great. I'm pretty picky and couldn't find anything that was top notch. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacesparkyDined on 6/7/2014Great place. Food is awesome and the view is great. Nice outdoor dinning.Special Features:
- absolutely awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014We had an amazing lunch here, right off the beach in Belmar. At lunch the patio was full, and they were most accommodating in seating us inside despite our beach attire. The food was fresh, the Prosecco was refreshing, and the service was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very good Italian foodTerryVIPDined on 5/24/2014We come here often and the food is always good. Fresh seafood and great chicken parmigiana. Sitting across the street from the ocean in beautiful Belmar, what could be better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capt88Dined on 5/21/2014Oceanside dining with a very friendly and helpful staff. Food was good but not outstanding given the price was hoping for just a little better. That said the ocean view and over all experience I will come again.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewFunFindsDined on 5/12/2014Brought out-of-town guests here for a relaxing business dinner. They haven't stopped talking about the food, the most friendly waiter and the ocean view! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaywojauVIPDined on 5/11/2014Made reservations one week in advance and it was very busy. (Mother's Day) When we approached the hostess, you was questioning our reservation. Could not find it. Quite embarrasing. They did seat us.Special Features:
- Great Mothers Day BrunchFineFoodieDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant atmosphere was alive on a wonderful Mothers Day. Boardwalk view in Belmar, and great spot for people watching. The Lobster crab cake entrée was exceptional, and desserts were delicious. Party of six was served promptly. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid DiningHolidayDinerDined on 5/11/2014All the away around an excellent dining experience n the Chilean Sea Bass should not be missed!Special Features:
- So so mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Scallops sandy and steak a little tough . I credit the problem to a very busy day. Mothers Day.
- HepcatVIPDined on 5/5/2014Unfortunately, our meals were not very good. My husband ordered chicken prmigiana and the chicken was not pounded thin and the pasta was overlooked. I ordered a pasta dish and the pasta was under cooked. The wait staff were very nice, but the ambiance left something to be desired. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. It is a shame because they have a lovely location across from the beach and the views are lovely.
- The following 156 reviews are from the La Dolce Vita of Belmar reviews archive.
- MehSkepticDined on 4/20/2014We had a last minute change for Easter and decided to head to the shore for an early dinner. The reviews and description on Open Tsble seemed positive, and more importantly, it had openings for dinner. The antipasto was very good, aged cheese and meats. I ordered the Chateaubriand, medium rare, and it came out rare, and cold. The side dishes, too. The other dishes came out ok, but for the price, I wasn't seeing it. The service was good and everyone was pleasant. I just think the food, while good, didn't justify the price. It's expensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Great Menu, but even greater Specials. All were more than happy with selection and quality of Entrees and Apps. No room for desert, but we had it anyway.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!liz113Dined on 3/15/2014I had a great birthday dinner with my friend. The ambiance was perfect, the food was very good and the service even better. I highly recommend this location to friends and family who are looking for something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Dining by the Sea....CoreenDined on 3/15/2014Saturday evening we had a dining experience that we're still thinking about today ! We shared the Insalata Contadina::Baby field greens, sliced apples, walnuts, imported goat cheese, finished with truffle-walnut vinaigrette. I have a garlic allergy so for my entre they kindly prepared this dish for me without the garlic.. Sapore di Mare.- DELICIOUS! My friend enjoyed the Orecchiette alla Barese:.My cousins shared the Zuppa di Pesce and Viel Piccata. The only way to describe the meal for the four of us was ""heaven". Portions were generous and we actually were too full for dessert. Can't wait for our next adventure. Thank you Nick for another fabulous culinary experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usualSusieQQDined on 3/15/2014I had a very good entrée of fish and risotto...my DIL had the evening special of shrimp and ravioli...very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Front DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014We love dining there. The staff is friendly and service is great. Joe, the owner treats you like family, and most of all the food is the best. I love eggplant and would highly recommend the rollintini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.