La Dolce Vita - Detroit
Detroit, MI 48203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Dolce Vita - Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 3138650331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: If you need to book a reservation for a larger party please contact the restaurant directly. We do require a major credit card to hold tables for parties of ten guests or more. Thank you.
A word from La Dolce Vita - Detroit
High ceilings and romantic twinkling lights create a chic atmosphere, perfect for a drink and appetizer at the bar or a full dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Dolce Vita - Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
La Dolce Vita - Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)romantic (117)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (111)fit for foodies (76)great for brunch (56)notable wine list (47)good for groups (40)late-night find (27)hot spot (23)scenic view (22)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Food is great but latejudy43VIPDined on 10/21/2014We chose to go to La Dolce Vita because of its convenient location near a performance we planned to attend, We told the waitstaff that we needed to be out of the restaurant by 7:30. Nevertheless, our orders seemed to take forever to arrive. We had to rush through our meal with no apology for the long wait. Did they have to go out and catch the fish we ordered?? More than a little bit disappointing! The food was great and more than made up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden in plain sight!MeeshDined on 10/19/2014Strategically designed and tucked away in an openly deprived area of Detroit, one immediately forgets where they are upon dawning the grounds of LDV. Once inside the adventure is further enhanced by an outstanding food experience and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveAudAnneDined on 10/18/2014My favorite detroit restaurant! The gnocci are to-die-for!Special Features:
- Wonderful!PeachyDined on 10/18/2014After several years of not coming here, I finally brought my boyfriend here for sweetest day. Food was always great, always had great service. Just never had time to come back. So I was hoping things didn't change! And they haven't. We loved everything from the Reisling, table side Caesar salad, minestrone soup, and the filetto di manzo! Antonio was an outstanding server. He has been there quite awhile and 100% Italian! If you're looking for real Italian, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Sweetest Dayjimmyc6VIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been to LDV several times but even though it was Sweetest Day the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Deliciousgoldi4644Dined on 10/15/2014Would have liked not so much kitschy Halloween decorations, but the food was amazing. They had an outstanding Italian singer who I fell in love with. I would definitely go back though, the filet was delicious and loved the malbec choice they had!Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The setting was amazing plus the great food was fantastic . My date and myself as amazed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritestliningDined on 10/11/2014Its a diamond in the rough, I love La Dolce Vita we makes stops here on our way to various events in Detroit like the DSO, Food and Service are always outstanding!Special Features:
- A HIDDEN GEM!FranVIPDined on 10/7/2014I can't say enough about this dining establishment. It is truly a hidden gem! If you are looking for great food, reasonable prices, lovely ambience and live music ensemble, then this is the place! La Dolce Vita has Toty, who sings and plays the guitar along with a synthesizer. He is amazing. On Tuesday nights, Gwen, sings with a 3 piece ensemble. Smooth jazz, Motown, R&B. The atmosphere is charming. A lovely brick patio with ivy on the walls, outside bar and fountains. A great place to have dinner, drinks or just listen to the music. Inside is just as charming as out. The wait staff is excellent. The selection of food is great. Their lasagne and gnocchi are the best! Their wine list is small but good. Pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeheyk1Dined on 10/5/2014The service was great, the food was excellent. This is my second time here I will be going back again for brunch.Special Features:
- An Outstanding ExperienceJSC48098Dined on 10/4/2014Everything about La Dolce Vita (LDV) is exceptional--it is truly a hidden gem. Hidden because there is only an understated logo (LDV) visible from the street. But word of mouth is enough to bring fine dining enthusiasts from all over metro Detroit. Reservations are highly recommended. If you haven't been to LDV before, visit its website and look at photos of an interesting, very cool site. All aspects--ambiance, service/food/wine--of our evening were 5 star. We'll be back. For those of you who may be concerned about safety, don't be. Valet parking is located at the back of the restaurant in a very secure area on LDV's property directly in front of the entrance to the restaurant.Special Features:
- NancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014A completely delightful experience. One of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceJbrad62Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second visit the first on a weeknight for our 25th anniversary and had great overalll service. Decided to return for our 28th on a Saturday evening. We had small table shoved in the corner but since I had to move up time that day we were happy to get seated. Everything was good until a server asked to take my wife's plate while her fork was in her hand and clearly not done. Other tables by us were being cleared. Five minutes later a different server did same thing. Got impression they wanted table?? Anyhow it ruins a special night even if food was good. Won't be going back.
- Great TimeGregDined on 9/28/2014Had the Filetto & Scampi and it was great! The service is very attentive and friendly. My fiance and myself had been here one tie before and it was great then as well the consistency of good service, good food, clean establishment ( no bad table) is impressive and appreciated. Great outside patio (no misquotes). very romantic, almost feels like being in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dining experience in a whileMotownbelieverDined on 9/28/2014Thank you ldv for participating in DRW, otherwise we may not have looked for and found you! The menu choices were interesting and delicious. The garden dining atmosphere would be a HUGE and immensely pleasant surprise in any neighborhood. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- AnnivquartetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It was our first time dining here. We found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. The guitarist playing dining music and conversing with us made this experience something to remember and special. Ldc is a secluded gem of a restaurant, and worth the effort to seek it out.Special Features:
- excellentDlectricityDined on 9/27/2014this restaurant is a wonderful gem and its location defies the surrounding neighborhood. the garden/patio is wonderful and the restaurant is worthy of more than one visit. Old world Italian food married with Haute Cuisine. I had the Perch and my date had Chicken cavitappi. Both meals were perfect. we also enjoyed the tableside Caesar Salad, which was not done tableside, but behind us. The salad was superb! thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit Reataurant Week (DRW)disappointed8888888Dined on 9/27/2014We suggested LA Dolce Vita to our friends. The published DRW had totally changed when we arrived, i.e. published Rack Of Lamb was instead Venison. The entire menu was down graded with the exception of The Sea Bass and desserts. Our waitress was great, the hostess was very friendly. The food was disappointing, but it could have been I didn't like the options.
- Excellent food + supurb serviceTwinksDined on 9/27/2014We visited during restaurant week and had a wonderful time! It was our first time there and the food was VERY good. The service made the experience even better. The staff was very knowledgeable about the dishes and extremely pleasant. Will absolutely recommend this place to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncgfinDined on 9/27/2014We all enjoyed our meals. especially liked the artichoke appetizer and tiramisu.Special Features:
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014For the expense, I would not go here again. We went for Detroit Restaurant week and we're very excited to try this place. Food was mediocre, same as service.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemToolongwaitVIPDined on 9/25/2014Your first problem is finding the place. You need to look for "LDV" on the outside and remember the entrance is from the rear. Altho it was the end of September, we ate on the patio and it was delightful, as always. Our entrees were the gnocchi and perch and both were done exactly right. Service was not quite as good - we had to ask for our bread and a few slices felt like they had been sitting around. Then we were brought the incorrect check. But these were minor in what was otherwise a delightful evening.Special Features:
- CharmviagoodfoodDined on 9/25/2014The patio is great. Unbelievable zen spot right on Woodward. Service outstanding. Menu not that expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDetroitfoodieDined on 9/25/2014Everything about this restaurant was perfect. The food was fantastic. The service was amazing.Special Features:
- Great dessertmissy63Dined on 9/24/2014I went to meet a friend for dinner during Detroit Restaurant Week. The hostess sat us near the piano and the music was a little loud. But the end justified the means...the owner's wife's homemade bumpy cake is to die for!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerplentyDined on 9/23/2014This was my first time here my dining experience was wonderful. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden hidden gemsarasaurusREXDined on 9/23/2014Took me a few minutes to find the place, but once I did I realized it was truly hidden for a reason! Lovely outdoor cafe ambiance and the inside is lovely too! Great food, great service. Going around 5:30p was the perfect time! Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I was very disappointed in our experience last Sunday. I booked a 2 pm reservation online for my husband's birthday and still have the email confirmation to prove it. We got there and my name was in a time slot for two hours before. We paid someone to park our car and did not even get a meal. The hostess had a HORRIBLE "Oh well" attitude. The valet attendant seemed to care more than she did. AWFUL!!!Special Features:
- Poor seatingMeagsDined on 9/21/2014I was VERY upset about my seating. I put in reservations for two and was put in the back- no windows, in the corner, NO ambiance or music. There were plenty of two tops in the front area when we came in. They said there were none free. I would never want to sit in the back again. It totally changes my view of the restaurant. It's not the same in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FoodieMelonLadyDetroitDined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy my meals at La Dolce Vita, however the Restaurant Week options were not what I was interested in. I wanted some great pasta, therefore I ordered off of the regular menu. Next time I hope they put at least one pasta item on the Restaurant Week menu!Special Features:
- Unique and classy. Trendy hot spot!BarbieDined on 9/14/2014We ate Sunday brunch with friends and had a wonderful time. Amazing staff and service. Entertainment always impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itninajenkinsDined on 9/14/2014Brought my family here for brunch for my birthday, they're quite conservative and were wary of the location but the ambiance, beautiful patio, and delicious food won them over. I especially loved the bottomless mimosas for only $12- super deal. We sat in the back because we had a bigger party, but next time I come with friends I would love to sit in the front near the band with friends and have a more fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutNotableDiningVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a good time. Other than the band being a bit loud causing us to yell across the table, it was great.Special Features:
- Enchanting Hidden GemDiningNinjaDined on 9/12/2014All of my years living in the Metro Detroit area, this was my first visit to La Dolce Vita! I'm almost embarrassed to say it's taken me so long to visit considering how phenomenal the experience was for our entire dining party! Located just south of Ferndale on the East side of Woodward, in Detroit, you could easily miss this fabulous little restaurant were it not for a small "LDV" sign out front. Considering the rough neighborhood/area that this establishment is located in (sorry, but it is), FEAR NOT...you feel very safe in the private, well-lit parking lot (with valet) directly behind the restaurant and once on the grounds you're immediately transported to another place...LDV is simply enchanting! Romantic, a place for memories!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The prices are reasonable and the food was very good. We had the shrimp and steak, it was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Also had the Perch special, it was excellent. The Calimari, Artichoke and Eggplant appetizers were also excellent. We have been for brunch and dinner. All consistently good. Only complaint, high corking fee-$25, better to just order what is there.Special Features:
- Atmosphere Great Food OKJSC48098Dined on 9/10/2014La Dolce Vita is a great find and usually a great experience. We may have been there on an off day for lunch. At all times, the atmosphere is interesting as is the decor. Service always great. For this lunch we had one winner--sauteed trout and one loser--egg plant parmigiana. The trout was done just right and presented well. The egg plant was very overdone--even challenging to cut. Tasted OK but certainly not acceptable in what is usually a fine dining experience. I'll dine at La Dolce Vita again to determine if the chef simply had an off-day.Special Features:
- Doesn't fail to impressMtdexterDined on 9/2/2014The patio can't be beat. The food is very dependable. I asked to split my pasta so half was cream sauce and half marinara ( they're both great house made) added some scampi, the chef not only did it, but the presentation was so beautiful the table next to us ordered the same thing. As usual the waiter was arrogant bordering on condescending, but not enough to spoil the night. Also bread basket could use an upgrade, I don't need a whole loaf of bread, but a peice or two of something more special would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LDVSophieKDined on 8/31/2014out door ambience can't be beat; perfect interlude to the Labor Day Weekend; delicious, fabulous food and top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigfish19VIPDined on 8/31/2014Waiter attack us for drinks........then for hors d'oeuvres....when we received our Hors' he wanted to take our order for our entrees...this is what I call bad management. It was like eat and please get out!!!!!! I feel at his time that I would not return.Special Features:
- Best Brunch In Town....DeeOneDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed the best brunch at La Dolce Vita, the mimosas are great and the LVD Platter kept me full for the rest of the day, the scenery was great, and Jazz on Sunday was just the icing on the cake, I will return again and again for brunch, and perhaps dinner. A hidden gem in the motor city.Special Features: