La Dolce Vita - Detroit
Detroit, MI 48203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Dolce Vita - Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 3138650331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: If you need to book a reservation for a larger party please contact the restaurant directly. We do require a major credit card to hold tables for parties of ten guests or more. Thank you.
A word from La Dolce Vita - Detroit
High ceilings and romantic twinkling lights create a chic atmosphere, perfect for a drink and appetizer at the bar or a full dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Dolce Vita - Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
La Dolce Vita - Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (136)romantic (107)neighborhood gem (101)special occasion (97)fit for foodies (57)great for brunch (57)notable wine list (35)good for groups (32)late-night find (22)great for lunch (19)scenic view (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Unique and classy. Trendy hot spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We ate Sunday brunch with friends and had a wonderful time. Amazing staff and service. Entertainment always impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itninajenkinsDined on 9/14/2014Brought my family here for brunch for my birthday, they're quite conservative and were wary of the location but the ambiance, beautiful patio, and delicious food won them over. I especially loved the bottomless mimosas for only $12- super deal. We sat in the back because we had a bigger party, but next time I come with friends I would love to sit in the front near the band with friends and have a more fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutNotableDiningVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a good time. Other than the band being a bit loud causing us to yell across the table, it was great.Special Features:
- Enchanting Hidden GemDiningNinjaDined on 9/12/2014All of my years living in the Metro Detroit area, this was my first visit to La Dolce Vita! I'm almost embarrassed to say it's taken me so long to visit considering how phenomenal the experience was for our entire dining party! Located just south of Ferndale on the East side of Woodward, in Detroit, you could easily miss this fabulous little restaurant were it not for a small "LDV" sign out front. Considering the rough neighborhood/area that this establishment is located in (sorry, but it is), FEAR NOT...you feel very safe in the private, well-lit parking lot (with valet) directly behind the restaurant and once on the grounds you're immediately transported to another place...LDV is simply enchanting! Romantic, a place for memories!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014The prices are reasonable and the food was very good. We had the shrimp and steak, it was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Also had the Perch special, it was excellent. The Calimari, Artichoke and Eggplant appetizers were also excellent. We have been for brunch and dinner. All consistently good. Only complaint, high corking fee-$25, better to just order what is there.Special Features:
- Atmosphere Great Food OKJSC48098Dined on 9/10/2014La Dolce Vita is a great find and usually a great experience. We may have been there on an off day for lunch. At all times, the atmosphere is interesting as is the decor. Service always great. For this lunch we had one winner--sauteed trout and one loser--egg plant parmigiana. The trout was done just right and presented well. The egg plant was very overdone--even challenging to cut. Tasted OK but certainly not acceptable in what is usually a fine dining experience. I'll dine at La Dolce Vita again to determine if the chef simply had an off-day.Special Features:
- Doesn't fail to impressMtdexterDined on 9/2/2014The patio can't be beat. The food is very dependable. I asked to split my pasta so half was cream sauce and half marinara ( they're both great house made) added some scampi, the chef not only did it, but the presentation was so beautiful the table next to us ordered the same thing. As usual the waiter was arrogant bordering on condescending, but not enough to spoil the night. Also bread basket could use an upgrade, I don't need a whole loaf of bread, but a peice or two of something more special would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LDVSophieKDined on 8/31/2014out door ambience can't be beat; perfect interlude to the Labor Day Weekend; delicious, fabulous food and top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigfish19VIPDined on 8/31/2014Waiter attack us for drinks........then for hors d'oeuvres....when we received our Hors' he wanted to take our order for our entrees...this is what I call bad management. It was like eat and please get out!!!!!! I feel at his time that I would not return.Special Features:
- Best Brunch In Town....DeeOneDined on 8/31/2014I enjoyed the best brunch at La Dolce Vita, the mimosas are great and the LVD Platter kept me full for the rest of the day, the scenery was great, and Jazz on Sunday was just the icing on the cake, I will return again and again for brunch, and perhaps dinner. A hidden gem in the motor city.Special Features:
- Wonderful & Surprising3GalsandAGuyDined on 8/30/2014We had the most enjoyable evening. Enjoyed dinner on the patio, what a beautiful night. The service was informitatve with a touch of humor as well as attentive. ( Thanx Sammy! ) The dinner...one of the best we've had. Overall, the evening out was a success!Special Features:
- Waited too longOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Although we had a Rez, we had to wait one hour and 20 minutes for an outside table, which is kinda the reason people go there. She said it would only be a few moments. Although one cannot make guests give up their tables, she should have been more realistic with her time suggestion. We would have opted to eat inside instead, and not have felt forgotten or disrespected. I me a, it IS her job, right? We waited at the outside "bar" that had no service? In the summer??? We got our own drinks inside and took them outside for our "short". So, lesson learned. Still, a nice place.Special Features:
- Unfriendly Service, Flawed FoodnericaDined on 8/29/2014This time I was disappointed. The waitress had a very chilly attitude, barely looked us in the eye, and seemed more than eager to hustle us through our courses and get us out to free her table up. (and we didn't even linger!) The chevre alfredo was nondescript, way too rich with heavy cream. I picked at it and ended up leaving the rest to be thrown out. It was 7:30 pm on Friday night, and they WERE OUT OF BREAD! This does not work in an Italian restaurant. When the bread finally arrived, it was only because I asked about five times, it arrived only at our table, and it was inferior bread that they must have procured from another establishment.Special Features:
- savvyeatsDined on 8/29/2014Good enoughto try several more times to get a feel for eveerything they offer...Special Features:
- magicalBonBonDined on 8/28/2014This was the fourth year in a row that we celebrated our daughter's birthday at La Dolce Vita. As in the past everything was perfect. The predinner cocktail was made exactly as ordered by a friendly and fun bartender. Our table outside provided privacy, a perfect setting complete with tinkling waterfall and wonderful music. Our server, Adam, provided us with perfect timing, friendly conversation, good humor and impeccable service and wine advice. The food was heavenly and not too heavy. My chicken masala was over the top! We will definely be back again, maybe for my birthday next time!Special Features:
- MusicabittoloudDined on 8/24/2014Love the music but was a bit loud for patio dining. that is all I love this place!Special Features:
- clayforeverDined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere is very cozy,food is good and enjoyed the music. Get there early if you want outdoor seating gets very busy and people at bar keep eyeing you to see if you are done yet...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris777Dined on 8/22/2014Very tasty entree's and superior service by Antonio. Very attentive. This restaurant should be on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerChuck14Dined on 8/21/2014We've been to lots of places around Detroit, but never made it to LDV. Lovely place, service was extraordinary, food was too. Lighting was a little bright and music was a little loud - not too romantic when you have to shout to your dinner companion- but lights came down later and music got quieter, and experience improved. Will try it again for sure. Would like to try outside next time (inclement weather)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoonGodfatherDined on 8/17/2014Went to LDV with friends who had never been nor heard of this fine place. They were totally impressed with the entire package. My friend works at the Fisher Bldg. and stated he now has a great place to schedule lunches and after work cocktails for his staff. He could not get over this gem just down the street from where he works. As for my wife and I, we will continue to enjoy LDV and there menu whenever we can. Living in Romeo time are sometime difficult to get downtown, but when we do, LDV is the place you will find us, whether brunch after mass or dinner over the weekend to enjoy cocktails and lister to the great music. Keep up the great work. Sincerely, ArnieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful SundaywaviDined on 8/17/2014Brunch on a beautiful Sunday, a table for 4 in the courtyard. Service was wonderful, food tasty, mimosas and bloody mary's endless!!Special Features:
- A great neighborhood gemStephanieDined on 8/16/2014We went here for our anniversary and had a great time. The food was great, the out door patio is great, and they even have a musician which just adds to the whole ambience. it is a great place to go when you want to celebrate something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hootie66BowtiementorDined on 8/14/2014Took my mentee to dinner and she loved it. I've never been disappointed with the service, food or their menu specials. A nice hidden gem in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joyfulDined on 8/12/2014We have enjoyed our experience every time that we have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerfamilydinnnerDined on 8/10/2014We had heard great things about Last Dolce Vita and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mackinawDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful garden courtyard. Excellent music. Brunch served to you - no buffet here! And the service is the best! Menu has choices you would expect for brunch, but each dish has its own unique twist. I love the salmon hash, but the Eggs Sardou runs a close second. Great bar with a staff that knows how to mix a cocktail. And don't miss the wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We ate on the patio where it was a little loud, with a bachelorette party and music that could have been a little softer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous hidden gemhippoDined on 8/7/2014great Italian food and fabulous atmosphere. kind of hidden, so you really need your GPS system if you have never been here. But it is worth it. secure valet parking in the back; you don't have to worry about your car. we sat on the patio - quite lovely, with the lights strung up on the trees. and the noise level, even with entertainment, was fine. and by the way, the singer for the night was also fabulous.Special Features:
- Entertainment & foodluvgwenfoxxDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food and loved the music. Made some new friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Gem!DCguyinDTWDined on 8/1/2014Perfect for date night. It was about an hour wait to be seated outside so we decided to get drinks at the bar outside while waiting. After two seats opened up at the bar, we decided to just have our dinner there as well which was perfect since the seats were off to the side on the corner and we had a view of the entire dining yard. Our bartender Nick was awesome and made our experience a fun and perfect one! Very easy place to miss on Old Woodward since it's small and in the midst of old buildings. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Memorable meal at LDVlauriebDined on 7/31/2014Always a memorable meal at LDV! The service, the food, the ambiance are top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff is wonderfulSDDAYDined on 7/26/2014A spectacular waitsfaff. Adam was awesome and so was Johnny. I will definitely be going back more often. It has been years since I was there and when I read the article about the patio that was my prime reason for going. It was everything I expected and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I wish I could have ordered another 2-3 entrees!!! It was FAB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowBunchofbrunchDined on 7/20/2014Exemplary experience as always. For the time you valet your vehicle until the time you leave always enjoy the meal and ambience, highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was complete saltsuziemDined on 7/19/2014For a night of outdoor dining the setting was lovely. The food terrible. The main ingredient was salt. Salt was so overpowering that I could not taste the veal unless I wiped the sauce off of it completely. The minestrone soup was greasy and the salad dressing overly oily.Special Features:
- CDIIVIPDined on 7/17/2014Consistently great food and service. My 3rd time back in less than a month - that's how good it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing-LDV lost its lustersKGBDetroitDined on 7/15/2014I've been going to LDV for over ten years, but this may have been my last trip. Absolutely horrible service--it took twenty minutes to get the waiter's attention then he repeatedly forgot about us and didn't check to see how our food was (after getting the order wrong). To top it off, the creme brulee was soggy and room temperature. Not worth the $$.
- Our disappointing Sunday brunchLTDFTRDined on 7/13/2014I have previously dined at La Dolce Vita and enjoyed it greatly. However, last Sunday's brunch was a major disappointment. The service was subpar. It took forever to get a cup of coffee. Our rather beleaguered waiter explained that the kitchen had run out of coffee mugs, which was inexcusable. It also took a long time to get refills. The food was rather pedestrian. Perhaps the restaurant was short-staffed, but management should have anticipated the size of the Sunday brunch crowd. I expected more from this restaurant and it will be a long time before we return.Special Features:
- Good TimeHappyDined on 7/12/2014Arrived early and stayed late. From Host, to wait staff and servers and bussers, excellent service. Don't grab my plate when I'm licking it. Tried 2 appetizers, 4 different entrees and 3 desserts. Recomend all. A great evening and a very pleasant dining experience. Anchovy and Blue cheese olives for your Martini. How can you miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningNormDined on 7/12/2014Our 4th visit here in the last year and a half. We again enjoyed everything: the ambiance, the music on the patio (the rain held off), the food, service, etc.Special Features: