La Dolce Vita - Detroit
Detroit, MI 48203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Dolce Vita - Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (313) 865-0331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: If you need to book a reservation for a larger party please contact the restaurant directly. We do require a major credit card to hold tables for parties of ten guests or more. Thank you.
A word from La Dolce Vita - Detroit
High ceilings and romantic twinkling lights create a chic atmosphere, perfect for a drink and appetizer at the bar or a full dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Dolce Vita - Detroit - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
La Dolce Vita - Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (126)romantic (119)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (110)fit for foodies (80)great for brunch (55)notable wine list (52)good for groups (48)late-night find (29)hot spot (28)scenic view (22)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Heard so much About LDV. Extremely disappointedJennyDined on 11/15/2014Food was cold waitress was ditzy got everything wrongSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Plentiful portions. Attentive, knowledgeable serving staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014Had another beautiful evening at La Dolce Vita. The food is always superb..the atmosphere romantic and music wonderful. Our sever was very attentive and friendly. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Detroit's true hidden gemsDetroittotheCoreDined on 11/9/2014La Dolce Vita serves the best Italian in the Detroit area, with a friendly and helpful staff in a romantic setting. If you haven't been there yet, you owe it to yourself to try it out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Too loud! We asked for a table away from the singer but it ended being equally as loud because of the low ceilingSpecial Features:
- First Impression = Wonderful!foodie630Dined on 11/7/2014Our first experience at La Dolce Vita was wonderful!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were there for our anniversary. We were treated with excellence. The food was wonderful, dessert outstanding! We enjoyed the background singer...just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but...LeeCVIPDined on 11/2/2014I always like going to LDV for the food and the ambiance and the wait staff. However the there is always something that ruins the experience a little. This last visit the hostess was not very good at keeping the reservations straight. We stood around waiting for 1/2 hour in the cramped doorway. The hostess seated whomever was in her face at the time and tried to seat our party of 4 at a table for 2. When a table of four became available she seated another party who came in after us then tried to say they were there before us. We were finally seated, everything else went well. I got a headache from the mimosas. I think they used cheap champagne.Special Features:
- LdV does it again!hoffadavDined on 11/1/2014Went here with my wife and my parents for their 45th anniversary. Perfect spot for the occasion, food excellent, service perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was fabulousKobyDined on 10/31/2014Sammy was a great waiter. All the recommendations he made were right on. He was funny, yet very professional. He helped make our dining experience a full evening out. there were 4 of us and I will be back again....with friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Dolce Vita was PerfectoChariiDined on 10/26/2014First, let me say I have been reading reviews about this place for years and always said I wanted to go but live over 40 miles away but I decided this year for my birthday brunch this is the place to celebrate! I was not disappointed. The place has old world ambiance with a lively brunch, great staff, fabulous live music not to mention awesome food. We loved the total experience and I can't wait to return maybe in the summer when I can sit out on the patio under the lights. The food was fresh and everyone in my party enjoyed their food. If you get the opportunity, check out La Dolce Vita, truly one of Detroit's hidden gemsSpecial Features:
- La Dolce Vitas!EmhdwrDined on 10/26/2014I love this Detroit gem! Food and service are great. Very "Old School"- nice lighting, relaxed dining experience. A straight shot down Woodward to all downtown venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!DubbDined on 10/26/2014I have eaten at LDV before and have yet to be disappointed. This was my first brunch and the service and food quality was excellent. LDV is Detroit's best kept secret. Dinner is very good to and a great place to take clients too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJohnDined on 10/25/2014The staff were terrific, the food very good, and the music a nice addition. We found a new favorite in the D!Special Features:
- Great experiencefoodnutDined on 10/25/2014We went to La Dolce Vita to celebrate my wife's Birthday. As always the food was great, order the Caesar salad made table side. Even though it was very busy the staff handled it well and we were served promptly and professional. We always have a great experience and will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful fall atmosphereSDDAYDined on 10/25/2014Loved walking into the patio and seeing all the fall decorations as well as inside the restaurant. Food was amazing as well as the staff (as usual). Beginning to be one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Perfect ServicePeteVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was our first trip to LDV and we could not have been more pleased! It is a bit hard to find as signage is minimal, but once you are there the experience is exceptional! We started with the calamari in a light sauce which was delicious. A nice change from the normal "fried" calamari! We then opted for the "made tableside" Caesar salad...one of the best we've had anywhere. I like anchovies and my wife doesn't, but they were used in a perfect balance that we both found satisfying! For dinner, I had the lasagna bechamel and my wife had the linquine with vongole. Both were outstanding. Service was a perfect balance of attentive, but not smothering and the piano player in the background was a very nice touch. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KureDined on 10/23/2014Fourth time eating here and it is simply a wonderful restaurant with excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Food is great but latejudy43VIPDined on 10/21/2014We chose to go to La Dolce Vita because of its convenient location near a performance we planned to attend, We told the waitstaff that we needed to be out of the restaurant by 7:30. Nevertheless, our orders seemed to take forever to arrive. We had to rush through our meal with no apology for the long wait. Did they have to go out and catch the fish we ordered?? More than a little bit disappointing! The food was great and more than made up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden in plain sight!MeeshDined on 10/19/2014Strategically designed and tucked away in an openly deprived area of Detroit, one immediately forgets where they are upon dawning the grounds of LDV. Once inside the adventure is further enhanced by an outstanding food experience and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveAudAnneDined on 10/18/2014My favorite detroit restaurant! The gnocci are to-die-for!Special Features:
- Wonderful!PeachyDined on 10/18/2014After several years of not coming here, I finally brought my boyfriend here for sweetest day. Food was always great, always had great service. Just never had time to come back. So I was hoping things didn't change! And they haven't. We loved everything from the Reisling, table side Caesar salad, minestrone soup, and the filetto di manzo! Antonio was an outstanding server. He has been there quite awhile and 100% Italian! If you're looking for real Italian, this is it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Sweetest Dayjimmyc6VIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been to LDV several times but even though it was Sweetest Day the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Deliciousgoldi4644Dined on 10/15/2014Would have liked not so much kitschy Halloween decorations, but the food was amazing. They had an outstanding Italian singer who I fell in love with. I would definitely go back though, the filet was delicious and loved the malbec choice they had!Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The setting was amazing plus the great food was fantastic . My date and myself as amazed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritestliningDined on 10/11/2014Its a diamond in the rough, I love La Dolce Vita we makes stops here on our way to various events in Detroit like the DSO, Food and Service are always outstanding!Special Features:
- A HIDDEN GEM!FranVIPDined on 10/7/2014I can't say enough about this dining establishment. It is truly a hidden gem! If you are looking for great food, reasonable prices, lovely ambience and live music ensemble, then this is the place! La Dolce Vita has Toty, who sings and plays the guitar along with a synthesizer. He is amazing. On Tuesday nights, Gwen, sings with a 3 piece ensemble. Smooth jazz, Motown, R&B. The atmosphere is charming. A lovely brick patio with ivy on the walls, outside bar and fountains. A great place to have dinner, drinks or just listen to the music. Inside is just as charming as out. The wait staff is excellent. The selection of food is great. Their lasagne and gnocchi are the best! Their wine list is small but good. Pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeheyk1Dined on 10/5/2014The service was great, the food was excellent. This is my second time here I will be going back again for brunch.Special Features:
- An Outstanding ExperienceJSC48098Dined on 10/4/2014Everything about La Dolce Vita (LDV) is exceptional--it is truly a hidden gem. Hidden because there is only an understated logo (LDV) visible from the street. But word of mouth is enough to bring fine dining enthusiasts from all over metro Detroit. Reservations are highly recommended. If you haven't been to LDV before, visit its website and look at photos of an interesting, very cool site. All aspects--ambiance, service/food/wine--of our evening were 5 star. We'll be back. For those of you who may be concerned about safety, don't be. Valet parking is located at the back of the restaurant in a very secure area on LDV's property directly in front of the entrance to the restaurant.Special Features:
- NancyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014A completely delightful experience. One of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceJbrad62Dined on 10/4/2014This was our second visit the first on a weeknight for our 25th anniversary and had great overalll service. Decided to return for our 28th on a Saturday evening. We had small table shoved in the corner but since I had to move up time that day we were happy to get seated. Everything was good until a server asked to take my wife's plate while her fork was in her hand and clearly not done. Other tables by us were being cleared. Five minutes later a different server did same thing. Got impression they wanted table?? Anyhow it ruins a special night even if food was good. Won't be going back.
- Great TimeGregDined on 9/28/2014Had the Filetto & Scampi and it was great! The service is very attentive and friendly. My fiance and myself had been here one tie before and it was great then as well the consistency of good service, good food, clean establishment ( no bad table) is impressive and appreciated. Great outside patio (no misquotes). very romantic, almost feels like being in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dining experience in a whileMotownbelieverDined on 9/28/2014Thank you ldv for participating in DRW, otherwise we may not have looked for and found you! The menu choices were interesting and delicious. The garden dining atmosphere would be a HUGE and immensely pleasant surprise in any neighborhood. Thank you for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- AnnivquartetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014It was our first time dining here. We found the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. The guitarist playing dining music and conversing with us made this experience something to remember and special. Ldc is a secluded gem of a restaurant, and worth the effort to seek it out.Special Features:
- excellentDlectricityDined on 9/27/2014this restaurant is a wonderful gem and its location defies the surrounding neighborhood. the garden/patio is wonderful and the restaurant is worthy of more than one visit. Old world Italian food married with Haute Cuisine. I had the Perch and my date had Chicken cavitappi. Both meals were perfect. we also enjoyed the tableside Caesar Salad, which was not done tableside, but behind us. The salad was superb! thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detroit Reataurant Week (DRW)disappointed8888888Dined on 9/27/2014We suggested LA Dolce Vita to our friends. The published DRW had totally changed when we arrived, i.e. published Rack Of Lamb was instead Venison. The entire menu was down graded with the exception of The Sea Bass and desserts. Our waitress was great, the hostess was very friendly. The food was disappointing, but it could have been I didn't like the options.
- Excellent food + supurb serviceTwinksDined on 9/27/2014We visited during restaurant week and had a wonderful time! It was our first time there and the food was VERY good. The service made the experience even better. The staff was very knowledgeable about the dishes and extremely pleasant. Will absolutely recommend this place to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ncgfinDined on 9/27/2014We all enjoyed our meals. especially liked the artichoke appetizer and tiramisu.Special Features:
- Not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014For the expense, I would not go here again. We went for Detroit Restaurant week and we're very excited to try this place. Food was mediocre, same as service.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemToolongwaitVIPDined on 9/25/2014Your first problem is finding the place. You need to look for "LDV" on the outside and remember the entrance is from the rear. Altho it was the end of September, we ate on the patio and it was delightful, as always. Our entrees were the gnocchi and perch and both were done exactly right. Service was not quite as good - we had to ask for our bread and a few slices felt like they had been sitting around. Then we were brought the incorrect check. But these were minor in what was otherwise a delightful evening.Special Features: