La Dolce Vita - Cleveland
12112 Mayfield Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Dolce Vita - Cleveland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ladolcevitamurrayhill.com/
- Phone: (216) 721-8155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Terry Tarantino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Family parties have with up to 100 people capacity offering Chef's Sampler at $36/person or Chef's Feast at $50/person dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jamaa Ajabli 216-721-8155x
A word from La Dolce Vita - Cleveland
Welcome to La Dolce Vita Bistro - “The Sweet Life,” a restaurant and bistro created to recapture the bell-époque charm of “The Italian Drug,” opened here by Dr. Anthony Caruso in 1914. In the tradition of the great European bistros, La Dolce Vita is devoted to providing a relaxed and friendly atmosphere for everything from eight course dinners to coffee and Calvino. We strive to prepare the perfect meal, or the perfect cappuccino, and let you enjoy it at your leisure. Our pasta is cooked fresh to order, our sauces and dressing are painstakingly prepared using only the finest ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, the freshest vegetables, imported whole tomatoes, fresh basil and Italian parsley... and your table is reserved for the evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Dolce Vita - Cleveland - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
La Dolce Vita - Cleveland reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very good food and ambiance. Great service!weekendrangerDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I were taking advantage of restaurant week in Cleveland to check out Little Italy and glad we did. La Dolce Vitake has a great feel and the food is excellent. The wine list was excelent and we enjoyed a bottle with our meal. The restaurant week menu was a nice showcase of the appetizers, entrees and deserts. The Tiramisu was excellent. The gnocchi with your choice of sauce (went with pesto) was very tasty. The chicken parm was great as well. The pasta was just right. The eggplant parm appetizer was lightly breaded and was cooked perfectly. The presentation and serving was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Date NightjsjuliaVIPDined on 11/8/2014My Husband and I have been to La Dolce Vita on many occasions and never had a bad meal. Tonight was the first that I have to make a complaint. We ordered the Fresh Buffalo as an appetizer, the moz was soft and melt in your mouth, the tomatoes were ripe and juicy. I order the special; halibut over tomato risotto. The risotto was creamy and rich, unfortunately the halibut was so dry and rubbery I had a difficult time cutting through it. It also had no flavor, I think it was due to being over cooked. My husband order the Veniza pizza, he enjoyed it, but it was smothered in oil, that didn't want to eat too much. I hope the kitchen was having a bad night and this isn't going to be a regular occurrence.Special Features:
- Somewhat Disappointing experienceJanetVIPDined on 11/6/2014The ambiance was nice...very neighborhood-like. Our waiter was not accommodating at all...would make no requested adjustments to menu items and was very curt, not friendly, and hard of hearing. The food was quite good. But with all of the other choices in Little Italy, I won't return here.Special Features:
- Little Italy GemAngel62Dined on 11/6/2014First time at this restaurant in Little Italy. I would definitely go back. The owner kept checking the tables and was so friendly. The waiter was excellent and also so friendly and helpful. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- The sweet life indeed!litnikDined on 11/3/2014La Dolce Vita is a terrific Italian bistro in Little Italy. Terry Tarantino, the owner, actually sat at our table and chatted with us. We were celebrating a birthday and he plied us with wine and dessert on the house. Great food. Professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno requiredFeedmerightthxVIPDined on 11/1/2014While the food was reasonable the empty was lacking. Collections of work art and what looks like relics from the owners personal travels on the wall don't work. Place needs interior design renovation to turn it into a charming Italian restaurant in Little Italy.
- lively food was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We've been before and the food was better. Chicken parm was dry and the coffee cold. The nice thing is the owner always comes around with a little something extra he's been cooking and it's always the best thing he serves. The atmosphere is fun and friendly and a good place to relax with friends.Special Features:
- never disappointsacepaDined on 10/18/2014great food and atmosphere, service is attentive, good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceDCDinerDined on 10/11/2014La Dolce Vita is the kind of place that makes you feel like you're a part of the community--even if you're in from out of town. The food is simple but fantastic. The wait staff is responsive, and the environment is casual. I'll definitely go back.
- Best in Little ItalyCharCVIPDined on 10/11/2014Years ago La Dolce Vita was recommended to me as the best Little Italy has to offer. I tried it and have been going back ever since. The food is consistently wonderful and the service is always top notch. I have tried others, but nothing compares to the quality this restaurant has to offer.Special Features:
- disappointingBillVIPDined on 9/18/2014although we had a very pleasant server, service was a bit slow. Food was good however we spent our entire meal trying to kill bugs flying around us----and this was inside dining!!! Very unpleasant to say the least.
- Excellent food and atmosphereCatherine14Dined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. Very cozy spot with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 369 reviews are from the La Dolce Vita - Cleveland reviews archive.
- Very nice Italian restaurantDocTurkVIPDined on 7/20/2014Authentic home-cooked Italian cuisine. Nice place and worth visiting again when we're back in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAJSPKSVIPDined on 7/16/2014We found this place to offer great food and friendly service. It was a great late night findSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Train wreck from start to finish. From seating to an inattentive waiter who did not know what was on the menu (After ordering a bottle of wine he asked if they did not have it would I like another selection. I asked if they had it in stock and he said just pick another and he would check. I got the second choice without being told they were out. My wife then ordered a mixed drink and he said if they did not have that what would be her second choice. She got the second choice.) Would not go back or recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Horrible service!!!!!AmyjcuDined on 6/7/2014The hostess had no clue what she was doing. They said they lost our reservation so we had to wait a long time but later they had it listed with all the other reservations. After waiting a long time we were seated on the back patio which had no ambiance and was right next to a parking lot with no flowers or anything. The bread they brought was literally 2 pieces of white bread with a slab of butter. The food was really good but will NEVER go back due to horrible service!!!!
- Sunday lunchFMDAdvocateDined on 5/18/2014We dined for lunch on a Sunday. It was nice weather in Cleveland and fairly quiet in the restaurant. The restaurant was recommended by several locals so I suspect Sunday lunch is just not a happening time. I had risotto with 3 medium size shrimp on top. It tasted ok nothing special and was really not worth the price of $28. Pizza may have been a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodNathDined on 5/11/2014amazing food! Great tomato source...service really nice! Definitely going back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!diner2013VIPDined on 5/4/2014We're always pleased with La Dolce Vita...this time we went for lunch, yet every other time , dinner. Food is consistently good. They do a nice job with cocktails. Great place to sit outside, along the sidewalk, when warm out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Great service and great food. Really liked that the owner came to the table and greeted us. Great experieince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated Like FamilyilovelocalDined on 4/29/2014Excellent menu with a variety of choices. Table was split on ordering from regular menu and daily specials. Pasta was perfectly prepared for individual orders. Pizzas were delicious. Veal chop, perfection. Wine was reasonable and the selection vast, with a full bar available. Our table was treated like family, with a visit from the owner checking on our meals and service. Our waitstaff was delightful and took care with our large group.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingBackInClevelandDined on 4/26/2014Group of 9 dined together to celebrate husband's birthday - service was excellent, food was great, atmosphere was energetic. Overall a wonderful evening with fantastic food and wine. Can't wait to go back. Would recommend for both large groups and small intimate dinners! We love La Dolce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Dolce VitaMiamiQVIPDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, good service, but hostess was rude and unprofessional. She ignored us at the check in stand for at least 2 minutes, never smiled, and we observed her slamming plates on a table she was setting. We might return because the food was excellent and portions perfect, but not sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTastyDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I eat there before going to a concert at Severance Hall. The food was great along with the service. It was a nice day, and the tables outside where full by the time we left. The quality of the food was out of this world. Will be back soon. The owner came over to our table and asked how everything was. He made us feel at home and part of his family. This is how a restaurant should be run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceJanetVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is our 4th visit, and each time the food and service are excellent. Chef's special appetizer and bread always provided at no extra charge. The waiters are very knowledgable and accommodating. Great menu and wine list. My only complaint is the that dining room is always chilly. Great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningPastaPeteDined on 3/22/2014Service was very good. Did not like sitting where we sat. Every time the door opened it got cold. I could have asked to move but we were already settled in. But it was not unbearable. Food was very good with a lot of selections.Special Features:
- Any workers?BrittVIPDined on 3/19/2014My sister and I arrived for our reservation at 7:15pm and stood at the hostess stand for a solid 5 minutes. There was not a hostess, no bartender or any waitresses in sight. We finally walked to the back to look around and ended up having to go into the kitchen to ask the guy in there if anyone was working. He seemed confused and had to go to the basement to get the two girls who were supposed to be waiting tables. We waited back at the hostess stand only to find out the people at the bar were as confused as we are and had been already waiting 10 minutes too where anyone was. Food was good but it was the strangest setting.
- Too noisy to converse lost orderChefRicheDined on 3/15/2014I have had some great times at La Dolce Vita, particularly eating outside. We had a party of six and and hour and forty five minutes to eat before going to a show at the Art Museum. The waiter was very loud and forgot drink orders, and even forgot some dinner orders. The service was slow. He came to the table delivering something and then left quickly without asking if everything was ok or if we needed anything. The food came late and not everything we ordered...we finally got the check and barely made the show. The food was good, but the whole experience was colored by the poor service. I never got the man's name. We sat in the room to the west of the bar. The whole restaurant was quite noisy.Special Features:
- Great food but drafty. ToomariaDined on 3/15/2014Great food but drafty. Too bad there wasn't a better entranceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service - appropriatetimeout1Dined on 3/7/2014Good service - appropriate attention. 2 out of 4 dinners excellent, other 2 slightly overdone. Relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food as always! AuthenticBoscoDined on 2/21/2014Great food as always! Authentic service. Our favorite restaurant in Little Italy.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasnickDined on 2/14/2014Food was great. Service was horrible. Over two hours to get the meal. It was Valentines day, so I expected slow service as it is a busy night, but we went for over 30 minutes at a time without a wait staff at our table. Nothing was comped and nothing was noted about the agonizingly slow service.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day NightmareRickDined on 2/14/2014We sat 3 tables from the door that would be opened and closed so much that the cold air was unbearable. My wife had to keep her coat on and I put my coat on the back of her chair to keep the wind off of her. Drink service took 20 mins and the waitress never checked to see if we needed anything. A waitress (not ours) did notice that my wife was shiverring and offered to find us another table - she did try her best and the manager did the same. We were reseated in another part of the dinig room, but then our waitress completely forgot about us. I had to track the manager down to see what was going on and it was another 10 mins before we saw any food. He was nice enough to prepare us a small house salad while we waited. Won't be going back.
- Valentine's day dinnerKenAVIPDined on 2/14/2014Everything was good, not wildly exceptional. Crowded, which slowed down service but not so much as to be a real problem. Waiter recommended a wine that was a bit pricy but still an enjoyable bottle. My one 'complaint' was that the special of the evening was heavily pushed and while my wife ordered it and enjoyed, she said it was not exceptional. The problem was the price, not disclosed on the menu or mentioned by the waiter, was 35-50% higher than everything else on the entree list. Yes, we should have asked, but still you do not expect to have a special cost $45 when nothing else on the menu exceeds $34.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upokluv2dineDined on 2/14/2014Never a disappointment !!!!!! Streets were jammed with traffic as everyone wanted to come to this great neighborhood for a romantic Valentine's Day!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Italy TreatfridayeaterDined on 2/14/2014This has long been one of my very favorite places to dine, and my favorite in Little Italy. Nothing fancy about the environment, but just has that special feeling where you feel you belong. Food is wonderful, servers are excellent. Best wedding soup anyplace in Cleveland. Special treat when they project the old film that is their namesake on the wall. If it's very cold out, sit in the back near the heater. If it's very hot out, you might be uncomfortable...no A/C. Still worth it, in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V-Day Dinnerslow2spoolDined on 2/14/2014Table was ready upon our arrival, which was slightly delayed due to traffic & weather. We called to advise and they were happy to accommodate us. Food & service were excellent. Despite the obvious increase in their business for the holiday, they were not trying to rush our dinner, which was refreshing. We will be back again on a more regular basis. Just a note about the parking valet service which has nothing to do with the La Dolce Vita. Traffic through Little Italy was horrible as we exited the restaurant due to traffic to a Severance Music Hall event. Once the traffic cleared up, the valet service was able to catch up. Our wait, as well as others we were waiting with, was in the 30-40 minute range. Something for your consideration.Special Features:
- Satisfied DinersdeskmanVIPDined on 1/18/2014Special attention always wins me over.. That is was we received on our dining experience. We were seated at the A table by the window. Service was great,Food was awesome. They couldn't do enough to make a normal Saturday night dinner be a memorable special occasion. THANK YOU !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodloverDined on 1/18/2014Loved the good and ambiance! Moderate prices for the excellent food and really great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took two special guestIngridDined on 1/17/2014We took two special guest to this restaurant before attending the performance at the Cleveland Orchestra. All four of our very expensive dinners were barely warm. Three seafood entrees and one chicken parmesan entrée. When we told the waiter he offered no suggestions. We had to ask for the check twice when we told the waiter that we had to leave for Severance at 7:00. We've dined at this establishment many times over the years and we've taken many guests. Sorry to say we won't ever be back! The plates should be warmed! Even the silverware was ice cold.