La Dolce Vita
9785 Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Dolce Vita
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ladolcevitabeverlyhills.com/
- Phone: 3102781845x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00 - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Strickland 3102781845x
A word from La Dolce Vita
La Dolce Vita opened its' doors in Beverly Hills in 1966. The biggest celebrities in the world lived only moments away, and La Dolce Vita literally became their second home for decades to come. Regulars included the Sinatras, the Reagans, the Pecks, the Douglases, and the Bloomingdales. It hosted every sitting US President since the Kennedy administration, and was known as a haven for titans of industry and finance. Deals were made with a handshake, and everyone was certain to arrive on Thursdays for Osso Bucco. Now, La Dolce Vita moves to the future, following a seven month 'facelift,' during which the restaurant was restored to its' original pristine condition, reprieving the original menu, recipes, and decor. La Dolce Vita arrives once again as a popular dining and entertainment destination, now home to young Hollywood and those seeking the traditional cuisine of Italy. Once again a Los Angeles classic, with regulars arriving on Thursdays for the infamous Osso Bucco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Dolce Vita - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
La Dolce Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (29)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (6)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Definitely dine at this gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Very cool vibe, amazing service and the best chicken we have ever eaten. The Pollo Parmigiana literally melts in your mouth. Wine list was impressive with a great amount of Italian wines and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the service?DiningPleasureDined on 8/27/2014While the food was wonderful, the wine divine, the service was a complete letdown. We were basically ignored multiple times, had to stop someone just to ask to get an initial drink order in. We were at one of the best tables yet felt completely ignored. I hope this was a one time fluke as I do enjoy this restaurant and was recommending it to friends.Special Features:
- ThrowbackbighowVIPDined on 8/7/2014A neighborhood gem. Throwback to the golden era of Hollywood. Will prepare risotto anyway you like. Mate with one of the reasonable Barolo's and you'll be off into dinner bliss.Special Features:
- Lovely Experience!!luv2dineDined on 8/2/2014What a wonderful, charming experience we had at La Dolce Vita for my husbands 50th birthday! We took a party of 8 to this lovely gem and felt like we stepped back in time to the "Rat-Pack" era. From the manager, Melissa to the most hospital wait staff our every need was taken care of. They treated my husband so special.The food was amazing.We will definitely return and will tell everyone we know to visit this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014It was my first time at La Dolce Vita, and I loved it. It has that "old school Jersey" feel but is extremely well maintained. Had excellent service from Frank, and will definitely be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style ItalianReviewerDined on 7/24/2014Very tasty Italian. Substantial portions. In a historic building. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- We Love This Restaurant!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 7/18/2014The salmon is amazing. The Chicken parmigiana is also excellent. The atmosphere is very classy and romantic. Wonderful Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodRichardVIPDined on 7/16/2014All around very good. The staff, food, atmosphere, & Service.Special Features:
- Service GREAT, food averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014The service was the best in town, but the menu was underwhelming. The summer spaghetti was simply pasta in a bowl with some mozzarella balls thrown in, the presentation was nice but the flavor lacking. The atmosphere and ambiance was wonderful, felt like we were stepping back in time. I would return for a cocktail at the bar but probably not a meal.Special Features:
- Great place for memorable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014I took my wife and 3 of our children here on our visit to the west coast. Admittedly we booked dinner here because it was rumored to be Frank Sinatra's favorite place to eat. Loved the ambience, the service and the food. Next time I'm in LA I will come back. It was - even for our 13 years old - the most memorable place we had dinner during our 2 week tour of the coast.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way!LonnyPaulDined on 6/26/2014La Dolce Vita is an amazing, classic Hollywood Italian restaurant that surpasses expectations in every way. The walls are lined with photographs of the various neighborhood stars who used to frequent the restaurant in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Food - the menu is classic Italian and changes up from time to time... all the favorites are here, and for the Californians there are few items with dairy and free-range options to boot. Their wine list is extensive and cocktails were amazing. The desserts were simply delectable. Service outstanding. I'll be coming back again and again!Special Features:
- A fun throwbackTaraVIPDined on 6/26/2014Red booths, tuxedoed waiters, 1950s continental cuisine vibe...the kind of place that was omnipresent in Hollywood's halcyon days. Great seafood, pasta, Cesar salad! Great service. Fun for couples and dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemvmvh2014Dined on 6/13/2014La Dolce Vita is a gem of of an italian restaurant with great attention to detail in drinks, food and service. Romantic atmosphere old Italian feel in the booth settings.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2014Wonderful place to dine, always special. Ambiance here is so delightful, truly a gem.Special Features:
- ExcellentRosebudsDined on 6/7/2014Excellent greeting, excellent service, excellent food. The waiters recommendation was spectacular... Risotto special of the day. The wine list was very good also. I will return for sure if back in L. A.
- The following 243 reviews are from the La Dolce Vita reviews archive.
- An established gemdrifterDined on 5/15/2014Being raised in Los Angeles, La Dolce Vita is reminiscent of Chasen's and the Brown Derby. A must go.Special Features:
- !st time!072888Dined on 5/15/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating a milestone. I came across this restaurant while doing a general search for an Italian restaurant. Read the reviews, looked at the menu and I was sold. The one thing that caught my attention was the Shrimp far Diablo. I have only had this dish once, many years ago and I love it. For some reason once I read the reviews and saw the dish on the menu, there was no way I would skip on the restaurant. As soon as we got there, we were welcomed like we were rich folks. Love everything about it and would not change anything.Special Features:
- AMAZINGDDDDVIPDined on 5/12/2014as an East Coast Italian, this is by far the best Italian restaurant I've found in LASpecial Features:
- Lovely settingBillybuddDined on 5/6/2014Great spot for a quiet dinner. Good was very well prepared and complemented with a nice wine list including many Italian favorites. The staff was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and pleasantTootDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant was very convenient to our hotel. The staff was friendly, helpful and very service oriented. They took the time to give a history of the establishment and who frequents it. I would definitely dine there again. We were 35 minutes early for our reservation and that was not a problem at all for them. Great fresh food as well and the Tirimasu was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sweet Life IndeedTimber68Dined on 3/25/2014If you want to take a date to someplace special, this is the place. The wait staff re friendly and knowledgeable, the food was fantastic, and the atmosphere was very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service and Wine ExcellentUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 3/23/2014As usual, everything was wonderful. The salmon was cooked to perfection. The Cabernet was delicious. The sauce on the Veal was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beJuniorDined on 3/18/2014La Dolce Vita used to rank tops in my estimation, but the food has lost its way in the last year or so with a new chef. I used to order the chopped salad and veal scaloppini marsala. The salad was crisp with a special zing and the veal was right on. Tuesday night the salad was soggy with no zing and the veal was too sweet. I know that marsala wine is supposed to be sweet, but the degree of sweetness is controlled by the vintner. I think the restaurant should change the marsala wine that they use. As for the salad, all I can suggest is to chop it dry and immediately before serving and to add whatever the previous chef used to add to give it some zing (pepper, paprika, vinegar, lemon, etc. ?),Special Features:
- Excellent classic ItalianChrisVIPDined on 3/15/2014I've been to this restaurant many times through the years, and the food is always top-notch. The service even better. Definitely recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great TimeDbrookmaVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful time here...the bartender was great, and our server Frank was awesome, and funny. Food is solid, and its a real fun place inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sweet Life, Indeed!SonyaDined on 3/1/2014My teenaged daughter and I were traveling in the Beverly Hills area from the Midwest and this restaurant was highly recommended by the hotel concierge. And for great reason! Very charming, quaint ambience and excellent service! And the food from beginning (the bread was the best we have ever had) to the end (Lemon and Raspberry sorbet--YUM!) and everything in between was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp Caprese Saladauntiecares23Dined on 2/25/2014This is the 3rd time that I have gone to La Dolce Vita for this particular lunch item & I will be returning again tomorrow to enjoy it once more. And the fact that the service is impeccable makes it all the more tasty for me !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional ItalianArthurJacobVIPDined on 2/24/2014I thought it might be "hokey" since it's a long time player with an iconic history in Beverly Hills.... It was very good. The decor was well done in an old-fashioned, luxurious and charming style. Terrific wine recommendation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLittlemeDined on 2/21/2014The food was really good. The only thing was that I felt that my pasta and shrimp dinner was missing something. Once I asked for red pepper flakes, it was so much better. My sister's clam linguine was awesome, though. The service was wonderful! Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. The place is small, which I liked. At the same time, because it was small, at times it was loud and the waiter couldn't hear me very well. All in all, I loved the place and would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FareReviewmanVIPDined on 2/20/2014First time here. Clientele seems to be part of the retiree crowd. Not a bad thing, but, not exactly my speed. Service was very good. Food was good, although the sides were a bit underwhelming. There is one issue that OT doesn't note on the description and it really should. If you arrive before 7 for dinner, there is no valet parking and you cant really stop in front because of the traffic. I had to call to ask what to do and was given rather confusing directions to a lot. Many of the lots in the area close at 6pm! Sort of surprising. I wound up finding a spot on the street about 2.5 blocks away.
- belated Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner - food, service were great. Only issue was they seemed to have squeezed in a few more tables including ours that was in the walkway to the restrooms and directly under the air-conditioning duct. Waiters kept bumping into my chair and we had to put on our jackets to keep from freezing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We saw this restaurant on the Food Network and figured it had to be good to be showcased. The appetizer was amazing. We ordered the Antipasto platter with imported cheesed, and italian meats. Very good. The fresh bread they serve with a garlic and herb infused butter also, was very tasty. However, the main dishes not so much. They were just Sub-Par for the pricing and they hype. :o( The pasta was cooked perfectly, Al Dente, however the sauce we a little bland not really spicy enough for the dish we ordered. We ordered the Shrimp Fra Diavalo and the Chef Special Seafood Risotto. The risotto was good, sauce could have had a little more bite to it. Again, was bland. Just over all lacked flavor for being over $30 a plate.
- molto bellodoublederDined on 2/14/2014this was my first time there. this place is an old school gem! went there for valentines day & couldn't have been more impressed. I love the feeling of old world charm & loved all the black & white photos of celebs that used to frequent the place - Sinatra! we arrived about 30 minutes ahead of our reservation & we were seated right away. the service was supreme & the food was as amazing as I heard it would be. will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Beyond Extraordinary!MusicBoyDined on 2/11/2014I can't say enough about this nostalgic gem nestled in the 9000 block of Santa Monica in Beverly Hills. From the divinely flavored dishes, to the romantic atmosphere and impeccable service, this is a very special bistro for anyone with a discerning palate. I usually have issues with old-school establishments. Whether they've gotten bored, or have failed to meet the expectations that once put them on the map, La Dolce Vita has never failed to impress me and for that reason alone, it has become my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles. Ironically, Italian cuisine is not at the top of the list of my "Favorites" which should tell you from that statement alone...this is a worthy spot for all occasions. Wait, did I mention I love this place?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms Bday DinnerAmericanBeautyDined on 2/1/2014We had a great time at La Dolce Vita on Saturday! It was my moms 56th Birthday and we were going to see a show after, so we booked a 530 pm reservation. The service was impeccable. Ambiance felt "old hollywood" The Food was awesome! We started with the Caprese salad; the tomatoes were fresh and the mozzarella literally melted in my mouth. I had the Veal Meatballs and Spaghetti (which was homemade pasta), mom had the Chicken Piccata with a side of fingerling potatoes and side of Butternut squash. The Maitre d was smart, knowledgeable and very welcoming. He really set the tone for the entire night from the moment we walked in! Overall it was a perfect night for our family. Thank you La Dolce Vita :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bartender was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014The bartender was awesome and impressed my friends and I with some pretty amazing drinks. For dinner, I did the DineLA menu, and I believe it was only satisfactory. It started with a pleasantly warm bread roll. The first course (eggplant parm) came out really fast and seemed to be kinda dry. My suspicion was that it was premade and just warmed up. The entree (risotto) was really good. But I was also unhappy with my relatively unmoist tiramisu. All in all, it started pleasantly and then went downhill from there. I'd recommend the place for a cheaper prixe Fixe menu or giving it a try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticVoshDined on 1/31/2014This is a very cozy and romantic spot. Has dim lighting, absolutely excellent service and is reasonably priced considering high quality and small venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service and mediocre foodLovetodineDined on 1/30/2014Service was very friendly, but very slow. After we were seated it took nearly 40 minutes to receive the water I had asked for. The food is presented beautifully, but there wasn't anything special or memorable about it. It was also VERY salty. The restaurant is small and makes for an intimate dinner, but it may be a place just for appetizers and dessert.Special Features:
- Dine In LA nightmareBhRegularcustomerVIPDined on 1/25/2014We made the mistake of going there during the Dine in LA weekend. The food was fair and crowd was one that will never be return customers. We didn't get our regular table and general quality was far below what it normally was. The crowd was bad. Empty drinks were left on the bar and the bar tender was overwhelmed. It was a horrible decision to have a bunch of cheapskates eat there for $35.00. Fastest way to dilute your brand.
- Noisy and Long waitTbabyVIPDined on 1/25/2014We had booked our reservation at 8:15 and we didnt get sat until 9pm. The restaurant is small, so it is understandable that there could be a wait, but 45 min wait is just a big no-no to me. The food was just OKAY to me. I will not be back.Special Features: