2 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ladefensenyc.com/
- Phone: 7188554200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 4:0pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from La Defense
[La day-fāŋse]: a major business district located within the city limits of Paris and home the cities modern high-rises and office-towersContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Defense reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great Findmelody1Dined on 7/27/2014Sunday Brunch menu was great compared to other restaurants I looked into. Portions were perfect, pricing was reasonable, and food was great. We went first thing in the morning, we were the first guests there, and they were a little slow to get started- the server said some people had called out. The food was great. Even though they had the music too loud for a Sunday morning, and they took a long time to bring the check, I will definately go back next time I am in BK.Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 7/25/2014Second time here, and second time the food was terrible. When we arrived, they said that they were no longer on Open Table. The only thing to have here is a burger and a beer. Anything else is a waste of time and money.
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I had reservations, and when I walked in, I kindly told Angelica we had reservations. She almost laughed at us and said, "Okay?" She did not check for our reservation or seem concerned at all. However, she did seat us and was our server. I worked as a server for five years, so I understand sometimes having an off day, but Angelica was the least personable server who provided awful service. She never smiled or asked how our food was. We had to track her down to get our glasses refilled. Whenever we said thank you, she did not reply. The food was wonderful, and I'd love to recommend the restaurant to friends, but I'd be embarrassed if they had the same service I did.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the La Defense reviews archive.
- Skip this placeRGinBKDined on 3/8/2014I should have known better when we walked in the door at 8 pm on a Saturday and the restaurant was almost empty. We decided to give the place a try anyway, which was a mistake. The service was slow and inattentive. It probably took 10 minutes to get bread and another 10 to order drinks. (The waiter was at the bar socializing / watching TV). After more waiting, we finally got our entrees -- steak and salmon. My steak was overcooked and the fries were cold. (How did the fries get cold when there are so few other customers?!) The salmon entree was a completely inappropriate portion size. After complaining and then still being expected to pay the full bill, we walked down to Junior's to get more food. We should have gone there first.
- Terrible service - don't go.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2013Terrible, terrible service. A total disaster. They screwed up every part of the order and acted put upon and mad when we'd ask for ANYTHING. The food is fine - even good - but we left feeling mistreated.
- Brooklyn Heights HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very cool and hip spot. Food is awesome. Will be returningSpecial Features:
- Get it Right!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Not a smooth experience OpenTable! It's your fault. La Defense does not take reservations for parties under 10 persons. Thankfully they had a table for 3 available. It would have been more embarrassing for me than it was (in front of my co-workers and the hostess) if they didn't have an available table. La Defense wasn't happy either. Minimally, a service like yours should get this fundamental detail correct!Special Features:
- The restaurant is trying...butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2012The restaurant is trying...but they really need a handle on what the menu is on the website vs. what it is when you get to the restaurant.
- Great little breakfast placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2012Great little breakfast place in the neighborhood. Great bloody mary's.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere areTomWVIPDined on 10/18/2012The food and atmosphere are enjoyable. Unfortunately, the open plan of the space combined with the lack of acoustic buffers create an 'overly' energetic noise level.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012Took out of town family for brunch here on a quiet Saturday morning. Portions were generous and delicious -- I think everyone was impressed with their New York brunch! I had the 7 grain tartine and loved it (could not finish), and they were great about accommodating one person's very exacting omelette order. They kept our coffee cups full, too. I would definitely come back, either for brunch or to try dinner. Only issue was that service on the slow side, especially for how empty it was, and my family was raring to tour!Special Features: