La Cucina di Venti
360 Via Las Brisas, Suite 110
Newbury Park, CA 91320Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Cucina di Venti
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacucinadiventi.com/locations.html
- Phone: 8054801120
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursay: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gregory Seerden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater our full Italian menu as well as many traditional American dishes. Please contact us with your needs and we can provide a customized quote.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us cater your event in our versatile Banquet Room located in The Village at Dos Vientos Ranch. Host meetings and conferences, parties and weddings and let us provide our delicious Italian food and beverages to make your event unforgettable.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Seerden 8054801120
A word from La Cucina di Venti
Join us at this family owned, full-service Italian/American Grill in the beautiful Village at Dos Vientos Ranch. Patio dining comes with a mountain view, the sight and sounds of waterfalls and a fireplace for chilly evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cucina di Venti reviews from OpenTable diners
- What a great spot to enjoyLyndaVIPDined on 10/28/2012What a great spot to enjoy Sunday brunch on their patio. We dined at a table under an umbrella on a warm, sunny day and had the patio almost to ourselves. The service was excellent. The portions are large. I had the panettone french toast which was good but, with 4 thick slices, could easily be shared. The brunch menu might be a bit exotic for families but they also offer their lunch menu so there are other choices.
- Excellent food,attentive service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2012Excellent food,attentive service. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Try it, You will like it.AtlantaCriticDined on 9/29/2012Located in a quite, safe neighborhood. Higly reccomend if you are in the area. Very overall food and fantastic for kids.Special Features:
- Not thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Sadly we did not have a good experience this time.We were surprised at the lack of flavor, and poor service on a Friday which wasn't very busy.
- My wife and I enjoyed a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2012My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant dinner experience. She had her favorite pizza ingredients - artichoke, mushroom, garlic and cheese. I had the chicken linguini. The appetizer bread and spread was delicious. Our server was delightful and made sure we had everyone we wanted without over selling.the price was moderate but the food quality and service made it a good value. Being a neighborhood restaurant, there were plenty of families and kids, all well behaved. I would like to see more menu options.Special Features:
- They have it all!OneFabMomVIPDined on 7/7/2012Gorgeous sweeping views, lovely fireplace and a playground steps away in case you want to take the kids! Such a lovely spot and the food was great.Special Features:
- We both had different saladsLyndaVIPDined on 6/2/2012We both had different salads and different individual pizzas. We enjoyed everything. Service was very good. Nice patio for dining, too.Special Features:
- The food was good, typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2012The food was good, typical Italian cuisine. We had a new waiter and he did an awesome job taking care of our large group.Special Features:
- We went on Wed. night whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012We went on Wed. night when there are lots of kids. I'm sure most nights are not as "energetic". Great pizza!Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/1/2012My family (including 2 kids) went for lunch on a Sunday and were pleasantly surprised by the experience. Our waiter patiently explained the menu, pointing out particularly outstanding or popular dishes, and had good humor with our kids. This is a nice place for kids, particularly for lunch. The food was wonderful and the portion sizes were more than reasonable for the price. For $10 you get a soup or a slice of pizza (about 6" x 10") and a choice of one of their signature salads. For about the same price, you can choose a hearty sandwich and a salad. I had the pizza combo and the pie was flavorful with a crust that had a touch of sweetness -- very unique. My wife had the meatball sandwich was well seasoned. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- This is our third visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012This is our third visit and it was a great improvement from the first two. We had the bocci ball appetizer, caprese salad, and Sis. pizza. They were all great. Our server was very friendly and attentive. (It was Monday at 6 and not crazy busy.)
- Great appetizers at the bar.JohnnyKDined on 3/24/2012Great appetizers at the bar. The food was good. It is a bit noisey so not really a romantic place.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. Servicemomx2VIPDined on 3/23/2012Food was delicious. Service was wonderful. Restaurant was disappointedly empty for a Friday evening. I put on the reservation that it was my wife's birthday but the restaurant didn't even acknowledge it until the dessert arrived and I said Happy Birthday to my wife. The server then asked why we didn't tell her earlier and without even asking, removed the dessert from the check. While the food and service were delicious, Probalby won't eat at this restaurant again. Didn't realize when making the resv that restaurant was so far in the middle of nowhere. I was under the impression that Dos Vientos was closer to the freeway but it took us 45 minutes from home to get to the restaurant. For this length of drive, I would prfer to eat in Bev Hills
- nOT TO MY LIKINGOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2012Looking forward to a great Italian meal...it was so-so..service was ok, but waited a long time to even get water...the worst part was the music..peter,paul,mary...not italiam...and very loud. Would not go againSpecial Features:
- We found this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/16/2012We found this restaurant because of Open Table, and absolutely fell in love with it. So much that we went back 2 days later. The servers and owners are friendly and warm, the servers are great, and the food is awesome. The only disappointment was the soup. It was fine, but a little on the bland side. Everything else we got was delicious, and they have some unique offerings as well, which is nice. Plus the restaurant and the center they are in are beautiful. It's a little out of the way, but it is worth it to go!Special Features:
- Took awhile for the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012Took awhile for the server to ever come by. The calamari was plentiful but had zero taste. The kids pasta looked and tasted like it had been made the day before and re-heated. Very disappointing and we probably won't go back.
- The food was a bit bland,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/11/2012The food was a bit bland, calimari was too bready. It seemed more like a family restaurant than an upscale italian restaurant. Service was good. The reservation noted we were there for a birthay, but no notice was taken.
- Very disappointed! I considerSherDined on 3/3/2012Very disappointed! I consider myself a bit of a foodie and have a particular fondness for pizza, being Italian and from Chicago. And no, I was not expecting Chicago pizza, just good pizza, which this was not. My son's was pretty inedible. I have had the napoli style pizza on several occasions, this was not that type of pizza. The waiter was nice and attentive but messed up 2 of 4 orders. All 4of us were disapointed with the pizzas. The salad dressing, onion, was quite good and spaghetti was fine. Slthough it ssid spaghetti bolognese and it was certainly not a true bolognese, If it is true that they import water from Italy for their dough, what a waste. Not returning!
- Sunday Brunch February 19th, 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012Celebrated my birthday with 8 of my girlfriends for Sunday brunch. The brunch menu had so many wonderful dishes and the service was so attentive. We all had a great experience and will be back to enjoy again.Special Features:
- Had read great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Had read great things about this new restaurant so decided to try it for Valentine's Day.Other than having to wait about 20 minutes for a table even with a reservation, everything else was just great. Great service, friendly attentive server, incredible food. There was special music that night which made talking a little hard, but the music added to the mood of the night. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectaionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The service was courteous, the food appropriate to the price, and the atmosphere was comfortable. We sat next to the fireplace and had a lovely meal. Dos Vientos is a family community so there were a few tables with kids at them, but that didn't ruin the experience. I would definitely go there again. I really hope they do well.Special Features:
- This was our first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2012This was our first time here and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere is nice, the food delicious, and our waitress, Kacie, was exceptional! We will difinitly be coming back again soon.Special Features:
- It is a crime for an ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2012It is a crime for an Italian restaurant to have overcooked pasta
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012This was our first visit to La Cucina di Venti and probably our last. Although the food was alright it was nothing spectacular. The atmosphere was rather noisy, but in fairness it was children's night.
- Food was fair. Calamari lackedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012Food was fair. Calamari lacked taste, Pasta was swimming in sauce, kids steak and fries was chared on the surface and rare on the inside. Kids could not cut or chew the meat. The only saving grace was the mushroom ravioli. We had planned to try the desert, but decided to go elsewhere after we tasted the food. The service was extremely friendly and attentive. I give this place a year. We will not return, I can think of 5 other Italian places in the area that are better.Special Features:
- My experience at La CucinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012My experience at La Cucina di Venti was fantastic. The vibe is energetic and fun. Staff was attentive and service was outstanding. The food was wonderful. We started with bruchetta. We had a braised short ribs special and also had Penne Francesca - Prawns, Fresh Asparagus and Sliced Mushrooms in a Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce served over a bed of Penne Pasta, both very good. Our dessert was a frozen limoncello/sorbet blend and was delicious. It's a great place, Matthew!Special Features:
- Not returningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012We did not enjoy the food at all. While the menu itself appeared to offer an appealing variety, in actuality the food was sub par. My dish was too salty, my husband's too bland, and my youngest wouldn't eat her pasta at all. Our waiter was very nice but his accent was so thick we had to have everything repeated. Lastly, kids were running through the restaurant.
- Only open 1 month. ExtremelyPaulDined on 1/13/2012Only open 1 month. Extremely noisy. Pizza was very good. OK wine list reasonably priced.
- We live in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012We live in the neighborhood so we really want to like this place; however, it really is just barely okay. It looks nice and the service is good--surprisingly so for such a new restaurant--but the food is not great. It comes across as kind of "pre-fab" and the ingredients don't seem to be the best. We'll keep trying because we want it to succeed, but if they don't get better at the food fundamentals, it will be a tough sell to get my family to go very often, even it is convenient.Special Features:
- A good start for this newOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012A good start for this new dining establishment- as they work out the small details, this will be a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/6/2012Great food at good prices. The chicken pizza with onions and peppers was delicious. Also loved the mussel appetizer. Kid friendly. It looked like they had a kid's menu and gave the kids crayons and coloring paper. Will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011The food was excellent and the portions just the right size. Very good selection of desserts.Special Features:
- Dos Vientos does Italian right!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/19/2011Been looking forward to an Italian restaurant in this neighborhood for a while. La Cucina di Venti fits the bill extremely well. Energetic staff, visible management, and fantastic food! Not to mention reasonable prices.Special Features: