La Cremaillere Restaurant
46 Bedford-Banksville Road
Bedford, NY 10506Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
La Cremaillere Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frenchcountryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9142349647
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: Dinner 1:00pm - 8:00pm Prix Fixe Lunch Menu also available on Sundays between 1:00pm - 3:00pm (Lunch Menu is not available on Holiday Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French American, French
- Executive Chef: Albert Astudillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: La Crémaillère Restaurant offers Private Dining Rooms available for 12 to 45 people for Dinner Parties, Engagement Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Small Weddings, Religious Celebrations and Business Meetings. Please contact restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Chambry 9142349647
A word from La Cremaillere Restaurant
La Crémaillère Restaurant is a charming French Country Restaurant, nestled in a 1750 white clapboard farmhouse in Westchester County New York, called the "Widow Brush House.” This romantic, historic & venerable Restaurant, with it's Award Winning Wine Cellar & it's highly reputed Cuisine, has been delighting a local & cosmopolitan clientele for five decades. Opened in 1947, this quaint country restaurant offers contemporary French fare, beautifully presented with excellent service in an elegant & uniquely classic setting. The Menu at La Crémaillère emphasizes fresh ingredients & changes on daily, weekly & seasonal basis. Menu items range from a variety of domestic & imported fish selections to seasonal game offerings during the fall & winter. Very easily accessible on the Greenwich, CT/Bedford, NY border, with easy directions from the Merritt Parkway. Take Exit 31 (North Street, Greenwich, CT). Turn towards Banksville, NY, 4 miles on right hand sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Cremaillere Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bedford ›
La Cremaillere Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (73)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (19)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Always superbClumberDined on 8/24/2014Another special and outstanding meal with impeccible service.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014I cannot say enough about the fine dining served to our table of four at La Cremaillere. Were there other diners there? Of course. But the service was so outstanding that they treated us like we were the only ones there. The food was delicious French. Lamb roulade and grouper specials were fabulous. The chef supplied a couple of little surprises to the table that were delicious. All four of us had soufflés - what a way to finish!!! If you're looking for a romantic, special occasion or just a great night out, you cannot go wrong with La Cremaillere. I did notice that someone posted that he came to this restaurant in shorts and was turned away (and gave a low rating). This is the finest of dining - dress appropriately. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceYateszeeDined on 8/20/2014Le Cremaillere was outstanding in all facets. we did the tasting menu and loved every item from the seafood gratin in lobster sauce to the veal which was as good as we've ever had. the service was impeccable and the attention to detail fantastic. we cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Le Crem is a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, relaxing comfortable enviroment and killer Wine list. We do recomend the booth seating as the old school dining chairs are pretty stiff.Special Features:
- our first visitJakeDined on 8/15/2014One of the best Beet and goat cheese salad ever, Halibut to perfection, superb ravioli with sweet peas, great ambiance and service. We will be back in spite of some hick-ups in other orders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful country French ambience with delicious food!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureexperiencedElderDined on 8/10/2014One of those true reliable spots where the food, service, and environment are wonderful. A particular treat on Sunday when it is very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilgDined on 8/10/2014It is the only real French restaurant left in the NYC areaSpecial Features:
- Classic FrenchsariegoDined on 8/9/2014I have dined here before and it always reminds me of being in PRis because of the country French decor and their old school ways of serving. The food is good. I had the fish special and it was scrumptious and cooked to perfection. My husband ordered the lamb chops medium and they came out rare so he was not very satisfied with that. The highlight was the soufflé for dessert. Absolutely perfect in execution and flavor. The service was impeccable as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amagDined on 8/7/2014We really lucked out...26th Anniversary! We will be back!Special Features:
- dedeDined on 8/5/2014Amazing food and service. Beautiful decor. I can't believe I got it on groupon. Classyist place in the Fairfield Count area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!DaisyDined on 8/5/2014I have been raving about this restaurant ever since my sister and I had dinner there. I cannot say enough good about it. The food was so delicious, the waiters were very attentive, the quiet atmosphere was very relaxing, and the special gifts from the chef (such as smoked salmon) were such a nice surprise! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Lovely Place - Great Food & ServiceLifetimeNewYorkerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was terrific -- better than I had even remembered -- service was gracious and professional -- not overbearing -- ambience was delightful: such a pretty, romantic atmosphere. An excellent place for a very special occasion. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Country French FeelBobbyroatanVIPDined on 7/25/2014Each time my wife and I dine at Cremailliere we always enjoy and cannot wait to return. The service is first rate and the food is exceptional. At our last visit, my wife enjoyed the veal loin and I had the duck. Don't pass on the appetizers either. The sweet pea ravioli and the escarogot were wonderful. We topped it off with apple tart and the souffle (no long wait, either) were perfect. We are looking forward to our next visit. A pefect 10!Special Features:
- The Perfect Anniversary VenuemrdsVIPDined on 7/20/2014La Cremaillere is a delightful restaurant. The diningroom is beautiful, the food is superb, and the wait staff are cordial. Unfortunately, it is very expensive, making it a locale for special occasions only. It is definitely the perfect anniversary venue.Special Features:
- TOMTUBADined on 7/20/2014We unfortunately had a bad experience. On La Cremiallere's website it says casual elegant for attire. So I wore a pair of knee length Polo white shorts and a beautiful shirt. When we arrived the Maître de turned us away. They allow women to wear skirts right? So this is discrimination. Anyway we can get a refund on our groupon. Not a good experience ?
- Impeccable Food and ServiceSabineDined on 7/17/2014One dines at La Cremaillere. The service is impeccable, the French country ambience relaxing, and the menu is excellent. I would have preferred to have seen among the selections boeuf bourguignon and coq au vin, but as time goes on these delicacies are disappearing from French restaurants in the U.S. I am puzzled by this as they are wonderful delicacies! I ordered scallops. Fish is always a challenge, but my scallops were perfect. The potages were creamy and surfeit with goodies. I shall recommend this lovely restaurant to my friends, indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality French dinningAim25VIPDined on 7/11/2014a hidden gem in the heart of Westchester.county. Professional and friendly service in a rustic French ambiance. We keep coming back for special occasions even if we live rather far from this area. Every thing you can expect from a top quality French restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb Country DiningVoicesmithDined on 7/5/2014The table settings are exquisite. Always, there is an arrangement of fresh flowers on each table. The food is delicious and beautifully served. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- fritzDined on 7/4/2014La Cremaillere continues to be a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellent and the staff is most gracious. The ambiance is totally charming. It is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of France in BanksvilleRobbiVIPDined on 6/29/2014My Grouper was delicious. Artichoke terrine was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Wonderful summer night again at La Cremaillere! Red snapper in champagne truffle sauce and a glass of rose from Provence ... put a big smile on my face! My boyfriend and I love this place!Special Features:
- Food needs updateDBM1VIPDined on 6/29/2014We had high hopes for a special occasion meal, but we were disappointed by the food. While well-executed, with excellent, fresh ingredients, dishes were over- sauced and too rich. We expected a lighter touch for a summer menu. Wine list had very few bottles priced under $60- wines were mostly French, and many in the triple digits. The decor is charming and service attentive. But with the steep prices, not worth the money.
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014In addition to the excellent food, impeccable service & charming ambiance at La Cremaillere, we go there to sit and converse in a peaceful, gracious atmosphere. No one is ever rushed and the noise level is low. Have been there twice this month to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.Special Features:
- PerfectionMpspVIPDined on 6/21/2014Gracious hosts, impeccable low key service, divine food, warm and beautiful country French atmosphere-nothing missing!Special Features:
- Feeling of being in FranceMusicmuseDined on 6/21/2014it was a very quiet day as the weather was beautiful and many were out enjoying tennis, etc. We chose to leave the city for a lovely delicious experience. We were not disappointed. My salmon was cooked to perfection with a savory sauce. The warm chocolate cake was made with butter, an ingredient I require for good taste. We hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerAnkieDined on 6/17/2014The service as always is excellent. I found the food a bit dull. The melon soup offered gratis was interesting but my salmon entree lacked oomph. We dined on a groupon and that was accepted graciously.Special Features:
- Very French, very good indeed!DelightfulVIPDined on 6/15/2014This spot of France, so far in the country, is a true gem. Atmosphere is warm and food is wonderful. Well worth the drive. Pricey but it delivers on what it offers.Special Features:
- NancyGVIPDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was lovely and the food was very good. The service was very attentive, almost too much at times. We were late for our reservation and they were very nice about it. Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Exceptional diningjwcooperDined on 6/14/2014And just north of Greenwich. Here's the review I published: http://www.examiner.com/article/la-cremailliere-exceptional-dining-just-north-of-greenwichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I had not been to the restaurant in many years and it was as good as I had remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST of the BESTWoodenSpoonDined on 6/6/2014This is probably my best experience in long time. Food Great!, Service EXCELLENT! Perfect place to express your love. Fred the waiter is Awesome! Not pricey as mentioned in other post, you pay for what you received, and besides the prices are in the menu so If you are a cheap skate, Applebees is across town. La Cremaillere hats off to you! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant gets it right!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014This restaurant always gets it right! Everytime we go we are treated so specially and the food is just delicious, and served with such care and friendliness. Stephane and Omar are always accommodating and knowledgeable. On our last visit, the halibut with lemon thyme sauce was perfect.Special Features:
- Delicious tasting menu!DianaVIPDined on 5/29/2014We have been many times to this restaurant but we never tired the tasting menu. Our son gave us a gift certificate for this type of menu and it was great. I thought that we might still be hungry after a "tasting menu" but that was not the case...in fact, I brought some of the goodies home. the food was really tasty.Special Features:
- Country French PerfectionBobbyroatanVIPDined on 5/27/2014This establishment does things correctly. The food, presentation, service, ambiance, decor all reminded my us of being in France. The menu was varied enough, the wine list extensive and our meal was prepared to perfection. By far, the best choice for any special occasion. Expensive but well worth every dollar spent. My wife and I both loved it and cannot wait to get back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Domi111VIPDined on 5/25/2014Each time we visit La Cremaillere, the food and service are top flight. The restaurant is in the backwoods of Westchester, but it's worth the trip. Everything about it is excellent!Special Features:
- Not as good as it once wasEllenDined on 5/25/2014Amuse bouche: cold and greasy. Appetizer: ravioli with peas. Sent back twice, pasta rubbery. Soup tepid. Main courses OK; foie gras good. Souffle very good.
- TerrificelpaDined on 5/24/2014As always, outstanding classical French cuisine with a modern touch. Snails were delicious, as was the billi-bi. And the dessert soufflés are the best. Excellent wine list, very competent service, and warm reception by the owner and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in every biteHomechefDined on 5/24/2014La Cremaillere never disappoints. Every bite was a treasure to savor. The service is welcoming, the decor beautiful and the atmosphere serene and romantic. Robert and Bobbie are the most wonderful hosts. Do not miss this place for special occasions, or anytime you need to feel pampered.Special Features:
- Fabulous!RaybabeVIPDined on 5/23/2014Fantastic meal! Wonderful in every way. I will be going back again and again.Special Features: