La Cremaillere Restaurant
46 Bedford-Banksville Road
Bedford, NY 10506Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
La Cremaillere Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frenchcountryrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 234-9647
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday: Dinner 1:00pm - 8:00pm Prix Fixe Lunch Menu also available on Sundays between 1:00pm - 3:00pm (Lunch Menu is not available on Holiday Sundays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French American, French
- Executive Chef: Albert Astudillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: La Crémaillère Restaurant offers Private Dining Rooms available for 12 to 45 people for Dinner Parties, Engagement Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Small Weddings, Religious Celebrations and Business Meetings. Please contact restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Chambry 9142349647
A word from La Cremaillere Restaurant
La Crémaillère Restaurant is a charming French Country Restaurant, nestled in a 1750 white clapboard farmhouse in Westchester County New York, called the "Widow Brush House.” This romantic, historic & venerable Restaurant, with it's Award Winning Wine Cellar & it's highly reputed Cuisine, has been delighting a local & cosmopolitan clientele for five decades. Opened in 1947, this quaint country restaurant offers contemporary French fare, beautifully presented with excellent service in an elegant & uniquely classic setting. The Menu at La Crémaillère emphasizes fresh ingredients & changes on daily, weekly & seasonal basis. Menu items range from a variety of domestic & imported fish selections to seasonal game offerings during the fall & winter. Very easily accessible on the Greenwich, CT/Bedford, NY border, with easy directions from the Merritt Parkway. Take Exit 31 (North Street, Greenwich, CT). Turn towards Banksville, NY, 4 miles on right hand sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Cremaillere Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bedford ›
La Cremaillere Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)fit for foodies (67)romantic (67)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (16)good for groups (12)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beautiful Venue, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The service was impeccable. The food was delicious for our party of four. Everyone enjoyed the appetizers and entrees. The corkage fee, however, was outrageous. Sixty dollars to open our wine is over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the Grand TraditionGaryVIPDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant is still an excellent place for a special dinner. The rooms are lovely in the French country style, service is impeccable and the food is terrific. The price is actually reasonble in light of the overall value of the dining experience. The crowd is a bit old but don't let that stop you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What they well, they did VERY well.MU112Dined on 11/14/2014The white asparagus with truffle soup was only OK; the asparagus flavor was too faint and the truffle was not detectable. Contrast that with the lobster salad over raddicio with mustard vinagrette - genius. The grilled striped bass over sautéed spinach with a port wine reduction - magnificent. The short rib with mushroom sauce lacked something; somehow it just should have been better. The service was attentive, but a bit rushed. Empty plates were whisked away and efficiently replaced with the next course. My own fault for not commenting, because all they wanted to do was please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going first classOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014This is why you go out to dinner. This is why you pay for dinner instead to of staying home to cook, or order pizza delivered. Le Cremaillere is a classy restaurant with delicious, original food and excellent service. From the moment we stepped through the door to when we left with our stomachs full, we were extremely pleased with this restaurant. Treat yourself to a dining experience and go to Le Cremaillere.Special Features:
- Great night all around.llGeorgePDined on 11/8/2014Excellent night. Food was delicious and presented beautifully. Great French wine. Attentive service. Warm atmosphere in a historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatedglobetrekkerDined on 11/7/2014while location is pretty and the restaurant has charm, the food was average and the atmosphere dated. A waste for a special occasion.
- Surprised by how much we enjoyed itReviewerVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was very good. Perhaps portions a little small. The decor and ambiance were lovelier than I remembered. The service was professional and punctual. Nothing was the least bit unsatisfactory. I will plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experienceGeneDined on 11/7/2014Service is attentive and professional. Food excellent. We eat here a few times a year and never tire of the ambiance or the experience. Only nit: cocktails served in stemmed wine glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014This was our second visit here and it was terrific! We all thought it was fabulous! We can understand why this restaurant has been so popular for so many people! We plan on coming back next week and sit in front of the fireplace. The red snapper in a saffron sauce and the osso bucco in a red wine burgundy sauce - were stellar! Thin apple tart closed out our evening! Delicious! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiringnexttimedownDined on 11/5/2014I had dinner here for the first time with my wife and could not help but be disappointed. While the restaurant is very attractive, the food does not live up to the ambiance, especially at the prices they are charging.Special Features:
- Just not the sameMcK1Dined on 11/1/2014It's been year since we dined at La Cremaillere and it has really changed. The food was good, not worth the price or our trip - use to be great!
- EnjoyableRobobduoDined on 10/28/2014Dining experience here has always been exceptional. We recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We were first time diners to La Cremaillere...It was fabulous! The restaurant was so busy, yet the staff was very attentive, the food was just delicious ... we truly enjoyed our time and will be back often!Special Features:
- A gem in BedfordPedroVIPDined on 10/19/2014A fantastic restaurant with superb service, food and ambiance. My favorite in Bedford for sure.Special Features:
- satisfiedDined on 10/11/2014great service----what fine dinning is about---2 little freebies included---I left feeling happy, which is what an evening with good friends and good food is ;all aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, settingDuckVIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the setting transported you to France. Nothing left to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryJacknAnnie70Dined on 10/10/2014We went for our forty fourth anniversary and had a wonderful time. We had a quiet table in the corner by the fireplace, but were never lacking for service. The lobster bisque was very good and the duck breast salad,while expensive, was superb. The scallop entree was cooked perfectly and the striped bass special was excellent. The service staff was very attentive, but not to the extent that they hovered, and though we had an early reservation, we never felt rushed. Overall, our experience was well worth the cost, and I am sure that we will return.Special Features:
- MGV7Dined on 10/5/2014Beautiful, old school French restaurant with delicious food. Service was impeccable; excellent, reasonable, wine list. We've only been there a couple of times, but the clientele is clearly made up largely of regulars and the fact that people come back is not surprising. We were there for a birthday dinner and everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectOldSchoolDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful staff, fabulous dinner, great drive out to a real country inn. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Diningluv2dineDined on 9/18/2014Great restaurant; great service. One at our table said it was her favorite.Special Features:
- A True Gem!RomanticLadyDined on 9/14/2014I hadn't been to Le Cremaillere in decades, although I had a nice memory of it. This gave me a chance to remember it all over again! It was delightful, beautiful and I will go again.Special Features:
- Great Food -- Iffy ServiceRichWDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Two service problems. A special appetizer we ordered was $32.00 and that is a high enough extra price that the waiter should have mentioned that in advance. The waiter was a bit rude. He kicked my wife's handbag under the table, he was uncooperative about switching a vegetable or offering us a small taste of a special soup to see if we wanted to order it. None of this should happen in this level of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was OK. Service was excellentmjm814VIPDined on 9/7/2014The salad was very good. The cod fish tasted like it had been frozen. The sauce of blood oranges was very good. Next time I would order cafe latte rather than capuchinoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paa12556Dined on 9/7/2014Perfect little gem for a special occasion. A bit pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Five Stars! Absolutely Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Everything is always wonderful here! The food is delicious, the staff and owners are so welcoming, and the ambiance is so cozy and beautiful! Just like a trip to France!Special Features:
- First Rate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014First Rate Food and the Ambiance is Warm and Comfortable. Service is Attentive and You Really Get the Sense That the Staff is Willing To Please! Can't Wait For Them To Light the Fireplace!Special Features:
- First Rate ExperienceAgodavaDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I had been in the past and enjoyed it very much. We were therefore surprised that a Groupon was available. We jumped on it and had another wonderful meal. The food is excellent, and the portions are just the right size. The potato rosti that came with the veal was a work of art. I junked the low carb regime for that in a heartbeat. The homemade ice cream is a wonder, and my souffle was perfect. The service is professional but not stuffy or condescending. The only issue I have is that the restaurant is in the middle of nowhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best french in westchesterGREGBVIPDined on 9/5/2014One of Westchester's best restaurants. Great for that special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have a special occasion...SZGVJSVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is a beautiful French restaurant. It is a bit off the beaten track but is worth the trip for that special evening out. Pricey, yes..but you get a great meal in a lovely setting. Service is attentive but not cloying. We had asparagus potage and beet salad; filet of beef and roasted duck breast; chocolate and Grand Marnier souffles. All were wonderful. We didn't check the wine list so we can't comment on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be back!amyyDined on 9/4/2014After a summer of enjoying lobster rolls and clam bakes...I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be back to La Cremaillere and settling in at our cozy table. We loved the white and green asparagus with a truffle sauce, a loin of lamb roasted with rosemary, and a warm breast of duckling salad with crispy skin...yum. Good to be home at this restaurant!Special Features:
- Superb!!!CustomerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Sophisticated French cuisine beautifully presented. Wine list really for the insanely wealthy or expert aficiandoes. Wine list could benefit (meaning be more approachable) with some big Californias: e.g. BV Georges La Tour, BV Tapestry, Hewitt (named best wine in California and 4th best wine in the world), Provenance, and Sterling Three Palms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good as we expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We checked online review and find it has very positive review. So we were excited to be there. However, it looks fancy but the food does not taste well. It does not worth the price it marks there. I will not bring my friend to be there again.Special Features:
- A disappointing experienceCuisinegalDined on 8/28/2014La Cremaillere was always one of our go-to choices when we wanted outstanding food, service and ambiance. We were disappointed by the deterioration in the total experience. The menu selections were reduced and banal. There were fewer waiters and those on duty were inattentive, poorly trained. Though the restaurant is still charming and romantic, I hope that the owners can recapture its past glory in quality and sophistication in food and service.Special Features:
- Always superbClumberDined on 8/24/2014Another special and outstanding meal with impeccible service.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodManVIPDined on 8/23/2014I cannot say enough about the fine dining served to our table of four at La Cremaillere. Were there other diners there? Of course. But the service was so outstanding that they treated us like we were the only ones there. The food was delicious French. Lamb roulade and grouper specials were fabulous. The chef supplied a couple of little surprises to the table that were delicious. All four of us had soufflés - what a way to finish!!! If you're looking for a romantic, special occasion or just a great night out, you cannot go wrong with La Cremaillere. I did notice that someone posted that he came to this restaurant in shorts and was turned away (and gave a low rating). This is the finest of dining - dress appropriately. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Formal and traditionalGeekewDined on 8/21/2014Elegant country ambiance, quiet formal patrons, traditional French menu. Duck was roasted perfectly, salmon was properly grilled. Both dishes were traditional yet had inventive flavors induced. Keeping with the French stereotype, the only negative was the snooty waiter who was oblivious to his indifferent attitude. All other service was attentive and professional. Overall, the perfect location to make an impression on a business associate, romantic interest, or a foodie.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceYateszeeDined on 8/20/2014Le Cremaillere was outstanding in all facets. we did the tasting menu and loved every item from the seafood gratin in lobster sauce to the veal which was as good as we've ever had. the service was impeccable and the attention to detail fantastic. we cant wait to return.Special Features:
- Le Crem is a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Fabulous food, outstanding service, relaxing comfortable enviroment and killer Wine list. We do recomend the booth seating as the old school dining chairs are pretty stiff.Special Features:
- our first visitJakeDined on 8/15/2014One of the best Beet and goat cheese salad ever, Halibut to perfection, superb ravioli with sweet peas, great ambiance and service. We will be back in spite of some hick-ups in other orders.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful country French ambience with delicious food!Special Features: