La Cote D'Or
6876 Lee Hwy
Arlington, VA 22213Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Cote D'Or
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacotedorcafe.com/
- Phone: (703) 538-3033
- Hours of Operation:
Some of you may have heard about the incident that occurred after we closed on Monday, October 27th. Unfortunately, someone broke into La Cote D’Or and vandalized the establishment. We are happy to say that no one was hurt, and we are reopening tonight for dinner! As usual, Wednesday night is the time to save at La Cote D’Or. All entrees are buy one get one free when ordering two or more courses each. We thank you very much for your continued support and patronage. We look forward to seeing you all again at your convenience.
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
New Year's Day: 12:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Raymond Campet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Raymond, owner and executive chef will personally cater your affair either at your home or in an event room. From 25 to 250 people, he will prepare sit down dining or buffet.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining facilities are decorated with French Provence in mind in colors of blue and yellow. Beautiful painting by Van Gogh cover the walls with comfortable booth seating. Our set menus range in price to accommodate your party and style for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Raymond or Lynne 7035383033x
A word from La Cote D'Or
This cozy French Restaurant serves only the finest and freshest ingredients each time it prepares a unforgettable meal. A charming spot tucked away in Arlington East Falls Church will not disappoint you. French dining which is not pretentious or expensive, La Cote d"Or works for a quiet romantic evening or a casual week night meal. Owners Lynne and Raymond Campet, always present, take care to ensure that your dining experience is a good one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Cote D'Or - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
La Cote D'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (43)romantic (40)great for lunch (38)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (16)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- JaboffDined on 11/21/2014Love it love it love it. We've been here for two dinners and one brunch. All outstanding. It is now our "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a neighborhood restaurant should beMindfulEaterVIPDined on 11/21/2014This is what a neighborhood restaurant should be. The bistro-style food is excellent, a satisfying but not fussy meal. I could eat the mussels and fries weekly. The artichoke was cooked properly and served with the right amount of sauce on the sauce. The bread is fresh and crusty, and the butter unsalted. The careful service is friendly but not overly so. The decor is casual French, keeping a focus on food. And it's mercifully quiet. (When did shouting over a meal in those "energetic" places become acceptable?). In short, go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/14/2014We had a really nice dinner here. Food was very good, ambiance was nice, and the owner stopped by and we had a lovely nice conversation. The pacing was good, not too fast but we didn't feel like we were particularly waiting at any point, and the service was very personalized to what we were looking for. The menu is traditional French, and I wasn't struck by anything being overtly innovative, but everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickyeaterDined on 11/14/2014We always enjoy eating here. The food is always well prepared and authentically French!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gemlookin4goodfoodDined on 11/12/2014This bistro on the border of Arlington and Falls Church has a country french feel, good food and attentive service. We ended up choosing selections from the prix fixe menu--ginger carrot soup, flounder with lobster sauce and coconut bread pudding. Delicious and the perfect amount of food--$21.00! I have had both dinner and lunch here and they never disappoint. No rush to move quickly through dinner and sufficiently quiet to have a delightful dinner conversation. I look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food!dabmuDined on 11/8/2014We had the Dover sole and the calf liver; both were outstanding, full of flavor and texture. The space is a little bit cramped but we would go back tomorrow for the cuisine. Recommend parking further east along the street if you can.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentUncleBobVIPDined on 11/7/2014While slightly expensive (maybe not for the Washington DC area however), we try to eat at the long-time favorite local French restaurant every time we visit my son & his family in suburban D.C. This time, the addition of the scallops and ravioli appetizer was a wonderful addition. My son had the seafood bouillabaisse which was also outstanding. Another winner of a meal !!Special Features:
- A awesome place!Amb1VIPDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I went there for lunch. We ordered a interesting salad to share with loads of goodies in it. The salad was yummy. We then shared a tasty chicken dish - chicken in wine. Both were outstanding. The food and service could not have been better. They also offer specials. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great service & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The waiters were very courteous, discreet but very attentive. Nice environment: quiet, elegant without being coldly formal. The food was mostly quite good (seafood crepe, escargot appetizer), albeit in French-sized portions; my mussels with fries were a bit ordinary for the price, but that's probably the nature of the dish rather than of the cooking.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the Falls ChurchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed brunch at La Cote D'Or in August when a friend visited from Detroit. We desired a nice brunch and had been wanting to try the venue for some time. We and our friend were not disappointed. Nice menu, and great service and food. When neighbors recently suggested that we drive into the District for 'Sunday Brunch,' we demurred and suggested La Cote D'Or, instead. Great idea! We enjoyed the shorter drive, the easy parking, and the great food and service. We sat in the 'patio' on both visits and look forward to main dining experience soon. in the In many ways, except for ease of communication with the very friendly wait staff, we could imagine we were in Paris.Special Features:
- Good Quality RestaurantOEGJDined on 10/15/2014The service was courteous and fast. Explanations were precise. The meal was delicious and fully met our expectations. I have patronized this restaurant in the past and will continue to do so. It is pricy but the price/quality fit is satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service subpar foodLemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 10/14/2014My steak had to be sent back. Ordered medium well. It might have just made medium rare. Still cold in the middle. My friends 'crepe' was more like a cheesy pot pie w tiny chunks of seafood and biscuits on top. Waiter was great bringing her a replacement salad w ahi and getting my steak cooked at least to medium. I don't think I will come back but at least the service was nice. Ps I never send things back but both dishes were pricey and not done well at all
- Excellent French food, Charming GemMargaretVIPDined on 10/11/2014Where does La Cote D'Or get its fabulous lettuce? Its salads, with the thinnest sheen of perfect vinegarette, are exquisite. Its breads and quiches are stand-outs and every soup and entree I've tasted (multiple visits) have been wonderful renditions of French classics. The prices are reasonable and the service and lovely atmosphere make this longtime Arlington hideaway a treasured destination. The chocolate in the crepes is genuine (not that unwelcome short-cut of using Nutella). Clearly, there are chefs who are experienced and exacting. Never an unripe tomato served here! I live 30 minutes away, but eat here as often as possible.Special Features:
- SuperbDianeDined on 10/9/2014I have been coming here for years. The food is always outstanding and the service is very attentive. The owner is very friendly and welcoming. The menu has wonderful selections and it's hard to make up your mind because all the food is delicious. Great wine list with great selections. I love this place because it never disappoints.Special Features:
- All the charm of FranceFriendsdineoutDined on 10/5/2014It is a welcome relief to have a restaurant that is quiet and where one can have a decent dinner conversation. Waiters are omnipresent but discreet. Food is fabulous and the entire dining experience is intimate and pleasurable.Special Features:
- Food with a French Accentmufffie2dayDined on 10/3/2014My friend suggested we go to La Cote d'Or to celebrate a birthday, so off we went. She chose her favorite Salade Benjamin as starter, with Herbed Salmon as entree. I had the special, with Filet of Sole Bordelaise as entree. The quality of the sole was excellent; the sauce gave the sole a light and complex originality. The green salad and apple tart were also beautifully prepared and delicious. We both found the meal delicious and most enjoyable. All members of the staff who assisted us were attentive and courteous. We were seated in the back room, which is attractively decorated in bright blue and white. The restaurant was well maintained. An associate was watering the outdoor plants and flowers as we arrived.Special Features:
- Perfect as alwaysBarbotoDined on 10/1/2014I'd say we eat at Cote D'Or at least once a month. I've eaten almost everything on the menu over the years and every dish satisfies. This is good bistro cuisine in a comfortable setting. I can't wait to go again. The serving sizes are appropriate and allow you to enjoy 3-4 excellent courses without feeling stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!HappytodineDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed our visit to include tasty appetizers, main course, desert and drinks. The service was great. Would take friends back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialLittleMDined on 9/25/2014We use La Cote D'Or for special occasions and then call most anything "special" so we can return.Special Features:
- Quaint, lovely and very frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014I loved the ambiance and the outstanding service. The food was extremely good. I could have been anywhere in France how authentic this place is. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotJeanDined on 9/16/2014La Cote D'Or is a lovely little place and I usually enjoy casual lunches there. Dinner was nice with many upscale offerings. The prices were a bit more than I expected, given the very reasonable prices for lunch offerings. I appreciate that the waiter did not rush us after we had coffee, but would have rather he offer the check. I had to ask for it almost 45 min after our coffee was done.Special Features:
- Authentic French foodMargaretVIPDined on 9/15/2014Where does the chef find such great lettuce and perfect tomatoes for the exquisite salads served here? Artichokes are wonderful. Terrific sauces. The sausage and lentils are very special, as was the (rare) tuna salad. This is a charming place for lunch or dinner. The crepes are properly paper thin and hurrah, do NOT use Nutella as a shortcut for chocolate crepes. Great profiteroles. The cuisine is genuine French. Great care taken with the service. Wonderful food and reasonably priced (we were there at lunch and there were several $8 and $9 options.Special Features:
- servicesommelierDined on 9/12/2014Still needs service be improved. Used plates were left standing on the table for long.Special Features:
- SpecialDoctorDined on 9/10/2014This is a superb restaurant with fine dining and fabulous French cuisine. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Always ReliableTravellerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Nine women for brunch at a restaurant we all have visited before. We were seated on the porch so our yakking had less impact on other guests, very nice of the restaurant. The food is always reliably good - quiche, mussels, eggs benedictions, desserts - all very good, as is the wonderful bread and butter. Portions are not huge but that's a good thing! The waiter was very nice and patient and gave us separate checks which makes it so much easier for a group. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martyDined on 9/5/2014The entree ordered (Calves' liver) was good; but it was not served with any vegetables. It came with 2 small swirls of mashed potatoes and 1/2 tomato. I should have noticed that the menu did not specify that all entrees came with some kind of vegetable. There was no mention. For $15 for a slice of liver, without vegetables, I did not believe worth it.
- La Cote D'orOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014A favorite of ours. Consistently great food and service and good value in a very comfortable setting. Raymond and Lynn and their entire staff could not be more gracious or accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in ArlingtonfrequentfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014This long-time French restaurant in Arlington has survived because it provides outstanding meals and very good service. We chose from the dinner specials that evening -- whole lobster and garlic shrimp. While the lobster required some work, it was well worth it. The shrimp was tastefully prepared and presented on a bed of spinach mashed potatoes. When we made the reservation, we requested a table in a quiet area and were pleased that the restaurant did honor that request. I have also had lunch at this restaurant and plan to go back for either or both meals. The quality and taste of the food makes it well worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLisaMVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has been a long standing favorite for years. The Dover Sole is excellent, as is the Frisée salad. Order a soufflé when you reserve your table! The Grand Marnier is excellent!Special Features:
- It was okJamgalanVIPDined on 8/30/2014I go here just because my boss likes to go here. I thought, their portion became smaller. I always order Calf liver. Last time it was awful.Special Features:
- an Evening at La Cote D'OrGordoneDined on 8/13/2014My date and I took advantage of the Wednesday special to order a surf and turf with a bottle of wine. The lamb chops and swordfish were done to perfection, the wine was superb, and the service was excellent. La Cote D'Or ensured we had a very special evening and they made our dining experience both pleasureable and memorable...Special Features:
- You made my day and my dinner :-)valpDined on 8/12/2014I had driven by this place several time and wondered what was it like. Well it is great! We had a wonderful time. I highly recommend it for the food, the ambience and the service. I will become a regular. Thank you to the staff of La Cote D'Or.Special Features:
- Winner: Sunday BrunchWillimVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday Brunch was thoroughly enjoyable. Eggs Benedict were perfect. Seafood crepes were the best my wife has ever had. Vegetable sides were similarly delicious. I've dined at La Cote D'Or scores of times over perhaps 30 years and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableWillimVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed La Cote D'Or for perhaps 30 years. The patrons are younger and more casually dressed these years, but the kitchen continues to produce excellent, delicious, classic French cuisine with many menu items hard to find elsewhere; think: French comfort food. It has always been a treat to dine here.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerPeachDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a very nice, enjoyable meal. A lot of traditional French fare, and nicely done, with a few surprises and innovations here and there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, tasty, and casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014The staff at Côte d'Or were exceptionally welcoming and professional. The seafood crepe did not knock my socks off - the ingredients seemed to have come from a frozen mix because mushrooms and shrimp were too small and uniform looking, and the price/quality ratio was not great. However, my dining partner really enjoyed her Eggs Norwegian and the portion was just right. The baguette served with our meal was perfect - crunchy crust and soft fresh insides. It was a little tricky to park near the restaurant, and location is definitely not a high point. Overall, however, Côte d'Or provides an enjoyable way to brunch in a bistro setting on a Sunday.Special Features:
- The following 378 reviews are from the La Cote D'Or reviews archive.
- Parisian FlairMsOolongDined on 7/28/2014I am sorry I waited so long to eat at La Cote D'Or! Everything about the restaurant was wonderful. In addition to their main menu, they offer an Early Bird prix fixe menu, as well as Daily Specials. All the food was fantastic. We started with a cold Tomato-Leek soup to cleanse the palate, warm fresh bread, Lobster Bisque and Calamari. We enjoyed Lobster Fricassee for the main course and Lemon Tart and Caramel Raspberries for dessert. They are in a small space but provide an outdoor venue as well. The decor reminded me of the French Bistro's in Paris. I highly recommend La Cote D'Or for an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old ReliableFallsChurch2Dined on 7/26/2014Had passed by many times and finally decided to try it for lunch on a Saturday. Wondered if this was a mistake: the menu revealed a hit parade from the 60s and 70s. The clientele was overwhelmingly on the wrong side of 60, but overall I was pleasantly surprised. This is what a neighborhood bistro in Paris would be: nothing fancy, innovative, or adventurous. Just regular food, well prepared. Complaints: the French are notorious for their parsimony with portions, but this was verging on the ridiculous: the slices of melon and the solitary slice of tomato in my starter were nearly see-through. The lettuce salad with my quiche Lorraine was scant, and there were only two (2) tiny and unadorned crepes for my dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New French GemBirdsEyeViewVIPDined on 7/25/2014We lost our Alexandia French gem a few years back and have been in search of a replacement...that seldom happens. This was our second time dining, the first was a welcome surprise. So we ventured out again, in hopes of not being disappointed...we were not. The food is exceptional, with attentive but not overly intrusive service, perfect; our new French gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cote D'OratopicDined on 7/21/2014This is one of those rare establishments that consistently offers a wonderful dining experience. Nothing flashy, just great food, pleasant, comfortable surroundings, and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.