La Cote D'Or
6876 Lee Hwy
Arlington, VA 22213Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Cote D'Or
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacotedorcafe.com/
- Phone: 7035383033x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
New Year's Day: 12:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Raymond Campet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Raymond, owner and executive chef will personally cater your affair either at your home or in an event room. From 25 to 250 people, he will prepare sit down dining or buffet.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining facilities are decorated with French Provence in mind in colors of blue and yellow. Beautiful painting by Van Gogh cover the walls with comfortable booth seating. Our set menus range in price to accommodate your party and style for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Raymond or Lynne 7035383033x
A word from La Cote D'Or
This cozy French Restaurant serves only the finest and freshest ingredients each time it prepares a unforgettable meal. A charming spot tucked away in Arlington East Falls Church will not disappoint you. French dining which is not pretentious or expensive, La Cote d"Or works for a quiet romantic evening or a casual week night meal. Owners Lynne and Raymond Campet, always present, take care to ensure that your dining experience is a good one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Cote D'Or - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
La Cote D'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (53)romantic (53)great for lunch (45)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (18)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Quaint, lovely and very frenchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/18/2014I loved the ambiance and the outstanding service. The food was extremely good. I could have been anywhere in France how authentic this place is. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotJeanDined on 9/16/2014La Cote D'Or is a lovely little place and I usually enjoy casual lunches there. Dinner was nice with many upscale offerings. The prices were a bit more than I expected, given the very reasonable prices for lunch offerings. I appreciate that the waiter did not rush us after we had coffee, but would have rather he offer the check. I had to ask for it almost 45 min after our coffee was done.Special Features:
- Authentic French foodMargaretVIPDined on 9/15/2014Where does the chef find such great lettuce and perfect tomatoes for the exquisite salads served here? Artichokes are wonderful. Terrific sauces. The sausage and lentils are very special, as was the (rare) tuna salad. This is a charming place for lunch or dinner. The crepes are properly paper thin and hurrah, do NOT use Nutella as a shortcut for chocolate crepes. Great profiteroles. The cuisine is genuine French. Great care taken with the service. Wonderful food and reasonably priced (we were there at lunch and there were several $8 and $9 options.Special Features:
- servicesommelierDined on 9/12/2014Still needs service be improved. Used plates were left standing on the table for long.Special Features:
- SpecialDoctorDined on 9/10/2014This is a superb restaurant with fine dining and fabulous French cuisine. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Always ReliableTravellerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Nine women for brunch at a restaurant we all have visited before. We were seated on the porch so our yakking had less impact on other guests, very nice of the restaurant. The food is always reliably good - quiche, mussels, eggs benedictions, desserts - all very good, as is the wonderful bread and butter. Portions are not huge but that's a good thing! The waiter was very nice and patient and gave us separate checks which makes it so much easier for a group. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martyDined on 9/5/2014The entree ordered (Calves' liver) was good; but it was not served with any vegetables. It came with 2 small swirls of mashed potatoes and 1/2 tomato. I should have noticed that the menu did not specify that all entrees came with some kind of vegetable. There was no mention. For $15 for a slice of liver, without vegetables, I did not believe worth it.
- La Cote D'orOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014A favorite of ours. Consistently great food and service and good value in a very comfortable setting. Raymond and Lynn and their entire staff could not be more gracious or accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in ArlingtonfrequentfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014This long-time French restaurant in Arlington has survived because it provides outstanding meals and very good service. We chose from the dinner specials that evening -- whole lobster and garlic shrimp. While the lobster required some work, it was well worth it. The shrimp was tastefully prepared and presented on a bed of spinach mashed potatoes. When we made the reservation, we requested a table in a quiet area and were pleased that the restaurant did honor that request. I have also had lunch at this restaurant and plan to go back for either or both meals. The quality and taste of the food makes it well worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLisaMVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has been a long standing favorite for years. The Dover Sole is excellent, as is the Frisée salad. Order a soufflé when you reserve your table! The Grand Marnier is excellent!Special Features:
- It was okJamgalanVIPDined on 8/30/2014I go here just because my boss likes to go here. I thought, their portion became smaller. I always order Calf liver. Last time it was awful.Special Features:
- an Evening at La Cote D'OrGordoneDined on 8/13/2014My date and I took advantage of the Wednesday special to order a surf and turf with a bottle of wine. The lamb chops and swordfish were done to perfection, the wine was superb, and the service was excellent. La Cote D'Or ensured we had a very special evening and they made our dining experience both pleasureable and memorable...Special Features:
- You made my day and my dinner :-)valpDined on 8/12/2014I had driven by this place several time and wondered what was it like. Well it is great! We had a wonderful time. I highly recommend it for the food, the ambience and the service. I will become a regular. Thank you to the staff of La Cote D'Or.Special Features:
- Winner: Sunday BrunchWillimVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday Brunch was thoroughly enjoyable. Eggs Benedict were perfect. Seafood crepes were the best my wife has ever had. Vegetable sides were similarly delicious. I've dined at La Cote D'Or scores of times over perhaps 30 years and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableWillimVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed La Cote D'Or for perhaps 30 years. The patrons are younger and more casually dressed these years, but the kitchen continues to produce excellent, delicious, classic French cuisine with many menu items hard to find elsewhere; think: French comfort food. It has always been a treat to dine here.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerPeachDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a very nice, enjoyable meal. A lot of traditional French fare, and nicely done, with a few surprises and innovations here and there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, tasty, and casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014The staff at Côte d'Or were exceptionally welcoming and professional. The seafood crepe did not knock my socks off - the ingredients seemed to have come from a frozen mix because mushrooms and shrimp were too small and uniform looking, and the price/quality ratio was not great. However, my dining partner really enjoyed her Eggs Norwegian and the portion was just right. The baguette served with our meal was perfect - crunchy crust and soft fresh insides. It was a little tricky to park near the restaurant, and location is definitely not a high point. Overall, however, Côte d'Or provides an enjoyable way to brunch in a bistro setting on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Parisian FlairMsOolongDined on 7/28/2014I am sorry I waited so long to eat at La Cote D'Or! Everything about the restaurant was wonderful. In addition to their main menu, they offer an Early Bird prix fixe menu, as well as Daily Specials. All the food was fantastic. We started with a cold Tomato-Leek soup to cleanse the palate, warm fresh bread, Lobster Bisque and Calamari. We enjoyed Lobster Fricassee for the main course and Lemon Tart and Caramel Raspberries for dessert. They are in a small space but provide an outdoor venue as well. The decor reminded me of the French Bistro's in Paris. I highly recommend La Cote D'Or for an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old ReliableFallsChurch2Dined on 7/26/2014Had passed by many times and finally decided to try it for lunch on a Saturday. Wondered if this was a mistake: the menu revealed a hit parade from the 60s and 70s. The clientele was overwhelmingly on the wrong side of 60, but overall I was pleasantly surprised. This is what a neighborhood bistro in Paris would be: nothing fancy, innovative, or adventurous. Just regular food, well prepared. Complaints: the French are notorious for their parsimony with portions, but this was verging on the ridiculous: the slices of melon and the solitary slice of tomato in my starter were nearly see-through. The lettuce salad with my quiche Lorraine was scant, and there were only two (2) tiny and unadorned crepes for my dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New French GemBirdsEyeViewVIPDined on 7/25/2014We lost our Alexandia French gem a few years back and have been in search of a replacement...that seldom happens. This was our second time dining, the first was a welcome surprise. So we ventured out again, in hopes of not being disappointed...we were not. The food is exceptional, with attentive but not overly intrusive service, perfect; our new French gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cote D'OratopicDined on 7/21/2014This is one of those rare establishments that consistently offers a wonderful dining experience. Nothing flashy, just great food, pleasant, comfortable surroundings, and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceaspiringfoodyDined on 7/21/2014We went on a Monday evening which was especially good if you want a quiet dinner. There is a three course special from 5-6:30 which proved to be a good value. Food was good and the staff was very pleasant. Nice atmosphere. Parking is a little sticky.Special Features:
- great as alwaysRoyGDined on 7/19/2014La Cote D'Or is always dependable for an excellent meal, great service, and a comfortable setting. The owners and servers are very gracious and know just how to make their guests feel special. It's a great place to go to for special occasions, and they create some special occasion dinners of their own. I especially liked the cucumber soup, the rockfish, and the creme brulee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014We love this restaurant and always enjoy coming here..We live in theReston area and have begun to stop here for dinner if we are going into to town, for ex. To the Kennedy Center or a play and it eliminates the hassle of finding a place to park in DC..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weds night special!Love2eatVIPDined on 7/16/2014Wonderful little neighborhood gem, good food, great atmosphere and wonderful staff, Raymond and his wife are friendly and hospitable always a great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Delight!foodie45Dined on 7/15/2014Always a wonderful taste treat and my favorite neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2014This was Bastille Day, so the restaurant was full, but the service was nevertheless very attentive and the food was, as always, excellent. A very nice Vouvray, terrific home-grown tomato and mozzarella appetizer, and the Dover sole and the bronzini were well prepared and presented, and delicious.Special Features:
- I love rillettesLoverillettesVIPDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant is authentic. The service is great, the food is amazing. The linens are perfect. It's a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.foodaholicDined on 7/13/2014This is a favorite restaurant of mine. The service and ambiance make it worth the price. Some of the food items are excellent - particularly the Tarte Tatin for dessert. On this visit, my salmon was nothing special, even slightly dry, and the cucumber soup (a special) was heavy and I could only eat half of it. My husband's gazbacho was very good, and so was the quiche that I have ordered at past lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a friend's recommendationvtdutchmanDined on 7/3/2014We went on a friends recommendation as her favorite French Restaurant. The service was wonderful. They are attentive but not over bearing. Great cold potato soup starter. The food, good but not great. French Onion soup was very good and worth having. The escargot plump and tasty, yet the butter sauce tasted like a low-end butter - detracting from what could have been very good. Warm not hot, a bit disappointing. The Quiche was good, but it's side salad which was a bit tasteless, like it sat in the cooler too long. Chicken cordon bleu was dry. Without the sauce I probably would not finish. Side veggies were a nice medley. Also came with deep-fried polenta which was perfectly done. Overall, lacking complexity and okay ambience.
- Delicous and relaxedLiketodineoutDined on 7/2/2014We were seated in the adjoining inside porch area which was lovely. It was like having a little private space. We arrived at 6:30 and asked if we could still take advantage of the fixed price menu (which ended at 6:30) and they said yes, which was great. The service was excellent, the food absolutely delicious, the staff attentive, and atmosphere relaxed and very comfortable. A wonderful evening. I had put message on my OpenTable reservation that it was my guest's birthday, and they brought the dessert with a lit candle. Really nice touch.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantthedilettanteDined on 6/23/2014Everything's good here but if you're a liver lover, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- CTFoodiesDined on 6/19/2014We were with a group of friends staying in Crystal City and wanted to have a special dinner without going into downtown DC. Cote d'Or met all our expectations. However it was a long tax iride from the Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placelovgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014The Eggs Benedict and Eggs Norwegian and excellent, as well as the chocolate mousse. We had a great time and we will be back.Special Features:
- joyceDined on 6/14/2014The food and dining experience at this restaurant is consistently great and has been since the restaurant opened many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres Bien!LisaMVIPDined on 6/13/2014This neighborhood gem continues to deliver consistently good food. The seasonal soft shell crabs are delicious and the Lyonaise salad is still one of my all-time favorites!Special Features:
- Best French cuisine in metro DCSodusPoint1967VIPDined on 6/10/2014Great food, service and ambience make this one of my favorite pick of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSuisantDined on 6/9/2014Great atmosphere, cozy and quite... Food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- goodeatsDined on 6/6/2014We had an excellent dinner to celebrate our anniversary that also was D-Day. Hence, it may have been a bit busier Friday night. That said, the food was wonderful and I liked the wine list with a fairly wide selections of half bottles to choose from if you don't want to over imbibe. We were last to the restaurant many years ago and forgot how good it is. We won't wait as long next time.Special Features:
- Accomodating...HotScotDined on 6/4/2014Food excellent with great mid week special pricing. Waiter staff knows when to approach table. I requested a move as the first location (sunroom along street) very noisy and conversation impossible. Dining room just fine for conversation and special occasion.Special Features: