La Cote D'Or
6876 Lee Hwy
Arlington, VA 22213Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Cote D'Or
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacotedorcafe.com/
- Phone: 7035383033x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
New Year's Day: 12:00pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Raymond Campet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Raymond, owner and executive chef will personally cater your affair either at your home or in an event room. From 25 to 250 people, he will prepare sit down dining or buffet.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining facilities are decorated with French Provence in mind in colors of blue and yellow. Beautiful painting by Van Gogh cover the walls with comfortable booth seating. Our set menus range in price to accommodate your party and style for lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Raymond or Lynne 7035383033x
A word from La Cote D'Or
This cozy French Restaurant serves only the finest and freshest ingredients each time it prepares a unforgettable meal. A charming spot tucked away in Arlington East Falls Church will not disappoint you. French dining which is not pretentious or expensive, La Cote d"Or works for a quiet romantic evening or a casual week night meal. Owners Lynne and Raymond Campet, always present, take care to ensure that your dining experience is a good one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Cote D'Or - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
La Cote D'Or reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)special occasion (64)romantic (57)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (20)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- an Evening at La Cote D'OrGordoneDined on 8/13/2014My date and I took advantage of the Wednesday special to order a surf and turf with a bottle of wine. The lamb chops and swordfish were done to perfection, the wine was superb, and the service was excellent. La Cote D'Or ensured we had a very special evening and they made our dining experience both pleasureable and memorable...Special Features:
- You made my day and my dinner :-)valpDined on 8/12/2014I had driven by this place several time and wondered what was it like. Well it is great! We had a wonderful time. I highly recommend it for the food, the ambience and the service. I will become a regular. Thank you to the staff of La Cote D'Or.Special Features:
- Winner: Sunday BrunchWillimVIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday Brunch was thoroughly enjoyable. Eggs Benedict were perfect. Seafood crepes were the best my wife has ever had. Vegetable sides were similarly delicious. I've dined at La Cote D'Or scores of times over perhaps 30 years and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableWillimVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed La Cote D'Or for perhaps 30 years. The patrons are younger and more casually dressed these years, but the kitchen continues to produce excellent, delicious, classic French cuisine with many menu items hard to find elsewhere; think: French comfort food. It has always been a treat to dine here.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerPeachDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had a very nice, enjoyable meal. A lot of traditional French fare, and nicely done, with a few surprises and innovations here and there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, tasty, and casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014The staff at Côte d'Or were exceptionally welcoming and professional. The seafood crepe did not knock my socks off - the ingredients seemed to have come from a frozen mix because mushrooms and shrimp were too small and uniform looking, and the price/quality ratio was not great. However, my dining partner really enjoyed her Eggs Norwegian and the portion was just right. The baguette served with our meal was perfect - crunchy crust and soft fresh insides. It was a little tricky to park near the restaurant, and location is definitely not a high point. Overall, however, Côte d'Or provides an enjoyable way to brunch in a bistro setting on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Parisian FlairMsOolongDined on 7/28/2014I am sorry I waited so long to eat at La Cote D'Or! Everything about the restaurant was wonderful. In addition to their main menu, they offer an Early Bird prix fixe menu, as well as Daily Specials. All the food was fantastic. We started with a cold Tomato-Leek soup to cleanse the palate, warm fresh bread, Lobster Bisque and Calamari. We enjoyed Lobster Fricassee for the main course and Lemon Tart and Caramel Raspberries for dessert. They are in a small space but provide an outdoor venue as well. The decor reminded me of the French Bistro's in Paris. I highly recommend La Cote D'Or for an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old ReliableFallsChurch2Dined on 7/26/2014Had passed by many times and finally decided to try it for lunch on a Saturday. Wondered if this was a mistake: the menu revealed a hit parade from the 60s and 70s. The clientele was overwhelmingly on the wrong side of 60, but overall I was pleasantly surprised. This is what a neighborhood bistro in Paris would be: nothing fancy, innovative, or adventurous. Just regular food, well prepared. Complaints: the French are notorious for their parsimony with portions, but this was verging on the ridiculous: the slices of melon and the solitary slice of tomato in my starter were nearly see-through. The lettuce salad with my quiche Lorraine was scant, and there were only two (2) tiny and unadorned crepes for my dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New French GemBirdsEyeViewVIPDined on 7/25/2014We lost our Alexandia French gem a few years back and have been in search of a replacement...that seldom happens. This was our second time dining, the first was a welcome surprise. So we ventured out again, in hopes of not being disappointed...we were not. The food is exceptional, with attentive but not overly intrusive service, perfect; our new French gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cote D'OratopicDined on 7/21/2014This is one of those rare establishments that consistently offers a wonderful dining experience. Nothing flashy, just great food, pleasant, comfortable surroundings, and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceaspiringfoodyDined on 7/21/2014We went on a Monday evening which was especially good if you want a quiet dinner. There is a three course special from 5-6:30 which proved to be a good value. Food was good and the staff was very pleasant. Nice atmosphere. Parking is a little sticky.Special Features:
- great as alwaysRoyGDined on 7/19/2014La Cote D'Or is always dependable for an excellent meal, great service, and a comfortable setting. The owners and servers are very gracious and know just how to make their guests feel special. It's a great place to go to for special occasions, and they create some special occasion dinners of their own. I especially liked the cucumber soup, the rockfish, and the creme brulee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014We love this restaurant and always enjoy coming here..We live in theReston area and have begun to stop here for dinner if we are going into to town, for ex. To the Kennedy Center or a play and it eliminates the hassle of finding a place to park in DC..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weds night special!Love2eatVIPDined on 7/16/2014Wonderful little neighborhood gem, good food, great atmosphere and wonderful staff, Raymond and his wife are friendly and hospitable always a great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Delight!foodie45Dined on 7/15/2014Always a wonderful taste treat and my favorite neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014This was Bastille Day, so the restaurant was full, but the service was nevertheless very attentive and the food was, as always, excellent. A very nice Vouvray, terrific home-grown tomato and mozzarella appetizer, and the Dover sole and the bronzini were well prepared and presented, and delicious.Special Features:
- I love rillettesLoverillettesVIPDined on 7/14/2014This restaurant is authentic. The service is great, the food is amazing. The linens are perfect. It's a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.foodaholicDined on 7/13/2014This is a favorite restaurant of mine. The service and ambiance make it worth the price. Some of the food items are excellent - particularly the Tarte Tatin for dessert. On this visit, my salmon was nothing special, even slightly dry, and the cucumber soup (a special) was heavy and I could only eat half of it. My husband's gazbacho was very good, and so was the quiche that I have ordered at past lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a friend's recommendationvtdutchmanDined on 7/3/2014We went on a friends recommendation as her favorite French Restaurant. The service was wonderful. They are attentive but not over bearing. Great cold potato soup starter. The food, good but not great. French Onion soup was very good and worth having. The escargot plump and tasty, yet the butter sauce tasted like a low-end butter - detracting from what could have been very good. Warm not hot, a bit disappointing. The Quiche was good, but it's side salad which was a bit tasteless, like it sat in the cooler too long. Chicken cordon bleu was dry. Without the sauce I probably would not finish. Side veggies were a nice medley. Also came with deep-fried polenta which was perfectly done. Overall, lacking complexity and okay ambience.
- Delicous and relaxedLiketodineoutDined on 7/2/2014We were seated in the adjoining inside porch area which was lovely. It was like having a little private space. We arrived at 6:30 and asked if we could still take advantage of the fixed price menu (which ended at 6:30) and they said yes, which was great. The service was excellent, the food absolutely delicious, the staff attentive, and atmosphere relaxed and very comfortable. A wonderful evening. I had put message on my OpenTable reservation that it was my guest's birthday, and they brought the dessert with a lit candle. Really nice touch.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantthedilettanteDined on 6/23/2014Everything's good here but if you're a liver lover, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- CTFoodiesDined on 6/19/2014We were with a group of friends staying in Crystal City and wanted to have a special dinner without going into downtown DC. Cote d'Or met all our expectations. However it was a long tax iride from the Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placelovgreatfoodDined on 6/15/2014The Eggs Benedict and Eggs Norwegian and excellent, as well as the chocolate mousse. We had a great time and we will be back.Special Features:
- joyceDined on 6/14/2014The food and dining experience at this restaurant is consistently great and has been since the restaurant opened many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres Bien!LisaMVIPDined on 6/13/2014This neighborhood gem continues to deliver consistently good food. The seasonal soft shell crabs are delicious and the Lyonaise salad is still one of my all-time favorites!Special Features:
- Best French cuisine in metro DCSodusPoint1967VIPDined on 6/10/2014Great food, service and ambience make this one of my favorite pick of restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSuisantDined on 6/9/2014Great atmosphere, cozy and quite... Food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- goodeatsDined on 6/6/2014We had an excellent dinner to celebrate our anniversary that also was D-Day. Hence, it may have been a bit busier Friday night. That said, the food was wonderful and I liked the wine list with a fairly wide selections of half bottles to choose from if you don't want to over imbibe. We were last to the restaurant many years ago and forgot how good it is. We won't wait as long next time.Special Features:
- Simply The BestI1derDined on 5/28/2014The food is fantastic. We started off with Escargot de Bourgogne, which was loaded with garlic and butter and extremely tasty. Next we had the Frisée Salade Lyonnaise which contained just the right amount of bacon and a poached egg. I'm not a salad person, but I do love this salad. I think the poached egg makes it very flavor-able. The Entrée for me was Tilapia Germaine that was cooked to perfection while my better half had the Swordfish au poivre. Both dishes were excellent. After all those calories though, we skipped dessert. Best day to go to la Côte d'Or is Wednesday as it is half off the second entree and half off bottled wine that is 50 bucks or more. The management and wait staff are the most friendly, courteous, folks you'll meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableWillimVIPDined on 5/27/2014Classic French menu with classic items rarely seen anymore. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- A rare gemMeshDined on 5/24/2014I stumbled on this place by accident when out on business in Falls Church, I have been back several time since. The menu is excellent, the food authentic and the wine list carefully chosen. The service is excellent. In short, this is a rare find in terms of quality and price in a DC Metro dining scene that can otherwise be modish and at time lacklustre. This is an authentic dining experience with the emphasis on the food (don't get me wrong the surroundings are very comfortable and conducive to a good dining experience)Special Features:
- They're back!FallsChurchNativeDined on 5/24/2014I pestered the staff at La Cote d'Or weekly, since mid-April, hoping to hear that soft shell crabs were back on the menu for their all-too-brief season, and, at last, they were! And they were wonderful. Lovely presentation, delicious on the palate, impeccable service, authentic French ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timesparker1077VIPDined on 5/20/2014I would have rated the food four stars but I only had shrim cocktail and soup so I want to try so much more before I knock it up to 5! The chilled cucumber dill soup was so great that I had to restrain myself from ordering a 2nd bowl. I plan to return asap to try the Nicoise Salad, the praises of which the lady at the table next to me was singing, and also the Crab Quiche being raved about at the table on my other side! I may go back today since even just thinking of these is making me hungry! The service was courteous and professional and a very welcoming lady who I believed to be the owner stopped by to check how I was doing throughout my lunch. Overall a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavy food...wantonfueyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Not sure if it was what we ordered but everything had a lot of oil and butter that took away from the flavor of the dishes. The Crepes were very good.
- my favorite restaurantRoyGDined on 5/14/2014Lunch at la Cote D'Or was, as always, outstanding. The lamb and the lobster salad were especially good, as well as the signature creme brulee. Raymond and Lynne, the owners, are so welcoming and charming. The waiters have mostly been at the restaurant for years, so they are very knowledgeable and replicate Raymond's customer-friendly styleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Cote d'Or is the place to take a person for a special meal. When you want it to be the best, I choose Cote d'Or. Service is always impeccable, menu is typical French, preparation is perfect. Ambiance enhances any meal there. R, BobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Gem in ArlingtonSOSSDined on 5/11/2014We visited the restaurant for Mother's Day lunch. The restaurant had a cozy atmosphere. Space was limited. The bread basket had a selection of croissants and buttery house made breads. We ordered the house wine--Merlot ---was good. The creamy cucumber soup and the proscuitto platter were excellent. The liver and onions were cooked to perfection. The Toulouse and Lamb sausages are tastiest I've had. Their crab quiche was simply sumptuous. The dessert platter had a choice of coffee ice cream, creme brulee and chocolate mousse-- all worth the calories :) The chocolate cheesecake and flan were creamy and not too sweet. Our compliments to the chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Mid-Week DinnerblairjacDined on 5/5/2014My meal was excellent and the waiter was pleasant and obliging.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/4/2014Our family loves this place. Our teenagers love French food, and La Cote D'Or makes a wonderful cassoulet and duck breast. We have been here many times!Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the La Cote D'Or reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014We have dined at La Cote D'Or on a number of occasions, and it has always been a very pleasant experience. The restaurant has a cozy feel, and the food and the service are consistently excellent. An evening there is something we always look forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.