La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant
835 12th Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacosechabr.com/
- Phone: (805) 237-0019
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Santos MacDonal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant
La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant Latin and Spanish Fare Spirits, Wine and Beer Inventive Mixology Drinks A Casual, Friendly and Inviting RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)special occasion (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great findMichaelDined on 11/7/2014La Cosecha was a great find after having several other places have no reservations available in our time frame. The food was delicious, a great wait staff. Definitely will return the next time we're in Paso.Special Features:
- Exotic flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2014Delicious bison short ribs. Attentive service. Great local wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2014Ordered a few small plates/apps since we were in a sort of tapas dining mood. Had a ceviche, was was phenomenal. Grilled octopus salad was good, but had too much arugula in proportion to tomatoes & octopus (& chimichurri seemed basically absent). Beef carpaccio was the lowpoint. Says "seared" but it was completely cooked, almost like roast beef. Avoid that dish. An off menu dessert, a wine poached pear, was amazing. Definitely not as good or consistent as Il Cortile. Been here once before, and food was a little better that time.Special Features:
- Another La Cosecha dinnerCachitaDined on 10/17/2014As usual, our dinner experience was fantastic. From the Serrano ham to the oxtail and marrow, along with the awesome pork chop, our experience was enhanced by our excellent server, Braden. He's knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient! We asked (and got) to be seated at his table and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencetheguyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Some of the best food in town. Santos is a fine chef. Best and freshest ingredients, served by efficent and attractive wait staff, who can answer any questions about the ingredients and preparation. Carol keeps everything moving calmly as she patroles the room overseeing the whole operation. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Tortilla Soup & Empanadas!!!LagunaDaveDined on 10/4/2014The tortilla soup & empanadas are OUTSTANDING!!! Unbelievably good. Nice wine list also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014Love the decor and the perfect blend of rustic comfort and elegance. This place feels special without being stuffy. Our food was great! I had crab cakes as a starter which were very good - just needed a little extra of that yummy sauce duo. My husband had the pastelitos which were definitely the winner. So delicious! For entrees, we enjoyed the bison short ribs with celery puree (yum!) and lamb shank. Both cooked perfectly, very moist and super meaty and satisfying. The food, along with the atmosphere and the outstanding staff (Jenna and Andrew) will lead us back very soon. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like.ZGirlVIPDined on 9/30/2014La Cosecha Bar & Restaurant has it all. The bartenders are all great mixologists. The wait staff is very attentative. The food is great. It is a gem that we'll return to many times over. See you soon!Special Features:
- Happy first timersFouetteDined on 9/20/2014We overnighted in Paso Robles on a road trip and chose La Cosecha over a bunch of attractive alternates. We were pleased with our choice. Our server Quin was exceptionally good. Knew the food and the wine pairings. We had the octopus salad (very generous serving), shared the pastelitos, a house speciality celebrating the chef/owner's Honduran ancestry, then each had the evening's special, a Brazilian seafood stew that was super, all washed down with a local Kinero Grenache Blanc. Only downside was a very, very loud group seated nearby that fortunately left 30 minutes or so. It was much quieter afterwards. The wine list is part local with wineries unknown to us, with choices from Spain and elsewhere. Novel varieties.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceGlimmerTwin34Dined on 9/13/2014The service was awesome! We were promptly seated at our reservation time & we were quickly taken care of with what the daily specials were while the waitress opened the bottle of wine that we brought. The food was deliciously prepared & at the perfect temperature. I had their steak special & it was cooked perfectly to my liking. Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Tapas and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Attentive staff/nice atmosphere. Creative, flavorful menu. Original cocktails. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealthebigredBOATDined on 8/15/2014We were looking for a nice lunch spot in between winery visits while in Paso Robles, and La Cosecha was recommended by a few people we spoke with. I'm glad we took their advice! We had a great meal, with fresh & high-quality ingredients, and great service. My rating: Two forks up!Special Features:
- Good food in Pasa RoblesBurlpersonVIPDined on 8/12/2014Glad to find this place because of SF Chronicle review by Michael Bauer. Try it. Not as crowded on the night we dined as some of the other places on the square. We were very happy with our choice.Special Features:
- Fighting with fliesyespleaseDined on 8/8/2014While the cocktails at La Cosecha were delicious, my shrimp was not properly cleaned and resulted in a gritty, sandy textured paella. The tables were so small that every time a new dish or beverage came out we found ourselves performing acrobatics just to accommodate our party of four. We barely had enough room to lift our elbows to eat the grimy paella special we had paid $19 for. Finally, as the subject alludes to, I had to fight the flies for my food and drink. I don't know about you, but when I am paying a $200 check, I usually don't like to have flies buzzing around my head and threatening to lay eggs on my appetizer. Couldn't they invest in some fans or find another way to keep the flies away? Very disappointing. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Great BrunchAbbyVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had brunch at this restaurant and it was wonderful. The daily ceviche (scallops and shrimp) was delicious and ample enough to share. My crab cakes with Manchego fondue (rather than hollandaise) was outstanding! The watermelon mimosa was also very tasty and at $5, a real bargain!Special Features:
- Food and service outstanding!TonyVanDined on 8/1/2014First time at La Cosecha. Party of 4 seated promptly at reservation time. Server was personable without being too casual. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the food. The octopus salad was very generous in all ways and delicious. I had the special of the day, a seafood stew (only $19.00) Delicious broth with clams, mussels, shrimp and fish. A mildly hot sauce was provided on the side. Nice touch so you could adjust your own heat level. My wife had the Halibut. Cooked perfectly. Nice selection of beers on tap. Much appreciated after a long day of wine tasting. We tried to come back the next night but they were full. Would eat there again in a NY minute.Special Features:
- Great FoodLuv2sailDined on 7/31/2014Forth visit and have not been disappointed. Good service, great food.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the La Cosecha Bar and Restaurant reviews archive.
- Just rightFood42Dined on 7/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary at La Cosecha last week. My tortilla soup arrived hot and delicious. My pork chop was cooked perfectly. My husband enjoyed the paella special. Both of us agreed we would return with guests while splitting a generous creme brûlée for dessert. The wine menu featured local wines. Our service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin FusionJP11Dined on 7/18/2014This is a great place in Paso Robles to try latin food from Central and South America. They have great seafood and a wonderful pork chop. We all enjoyed good food and the Brazilian fish stew was out of this world. This is a great place with window seats that look out over the park in downtown Paso so it is a nice place for lunch or dinner. The service was excellent and there was nothing to complain about.Special Features:
- Tapas & small plates rock!!!LagunaDaveDined on 6/19/2014Chef Santos has created another gem in Paso Robles with his tapas style small plates at La Cosecha. The tortilla soup was unbelievably good and the empanadas are not to be missed. Great Paso Robles wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding Paso resturantgigi3Dined on 6/14/2014We have eaten here twice. Both times have been excellent! The cerviche is out of this world. My only suggestion is to add a few other entree's.Special Features:
- Interesting New RestaurantLaHabraCookieVIPDined on 6/3/2014Having dined many times at sister restaurant Il Cortile we wanted to try this place. The menu is interesting, however some of our choices were not to our taste. We would have liked to try the paella but it is risotto style and we like our rice dry. The empanadas are served with sauce on top, while my husband was expecting crisp pastries. The scallop appetizer had good flavors but the seared scallops were not cooked enough for us. The crab cakes were a very soft style, again not to our liking. We intended to try the pork medallion appetizer but it had run out, so we ordered the pork chop dinner to split and it was very good. Nice ambiance. Had a lovely bottle of wine from a pretty good wine list, and the service was great.Special Features:
- small but perfectpzapDined on 5/11/2014We sat outside facing the town park and the seats are lined up in a straight row(like a bar.) You wouldn't think it would work for a party of 3 but it was perfect. We were able to angle our chairs so we could visit and nibble very easily. Evenings in Paso Robles are beautiful so it was wonderful to be outside. Our waitress was friendly and attentive and efficient. It was a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City style in PasoCounterbanderVIPDined on 5/4/2014Sleek modern decor and inventive food create a cool city-like vibe in laid-back Paso. Spain and Argentina drive the eclectic menu. Paella with fluffy rice was tasty and cioppino was delicious. Wine list includes unusual choices from Spain and Portugal. Adventurous cocktails. Friendly competent service. Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableLive2dineVIPDined on 5/3/2014Had dinner here after a day of wine tasting. Brought our own wine, although they have a great wine list. Started off with the green salad, empanadas and scallop appetizer. Salad was good, the empanadas tasty, but the scallops were heavenly! They were on a bed of mash potatoes and topped with a mushroom sauce. My husbsnd ordered the NY steak and I the special seafood risotto. Both were excellent. Service was wonnderdul, from the GM who greeted and checked on us, our own waiter and the passing server who gave suggested wineries were should visit. Definitely a must when in Paso Robles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five StarTerrynJimDined on 4/28/2014The menu offered a good variety. The prices were reasonable and the food was excellent. The service was great and the staff was friendly. This was our first time there and we will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014The menu is very eclectic. There were four of us at the table and we all tried different cocktails and food items and everyone shared tastes. Excellent cocktails with a great variety and their own twist's on classics. All of the food items we tried were excellent as well. Our waitress was very informative and had a great sense of humor. Don't miss this one if you're in Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Great food, but noisy!BperrybreaVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food was really good - I had the scallop appetizer along with splitting the kale salad and it was plenty of food. Corkage is $20/bottle which isn't too bad, but still at the high end. We enjoyed the evening and our waitress was great, but we finally had to get out of there as the noise level when the place is full just gets to be too much. I love a lively scene, but when you start shouting at your table mates to be heard, it's too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SF food scene moves SouthJasonDined on 3/29/2014If you are an SF or Berkely foodie traveling south on 101, you will feel right at home at this gem of a Spanish restaurant in Paso Robles. Right on the square, La Consecha will transport you to San Sebastián in terms of the tapas and the care shown in their preparation. The service is attentive and impeccable, and the fresh scallop and prawn ceviche is to die for. The wait staff is knowledgeable, and can be relied on for wine choices. All in all a destination restaurant to which we will be returning.Special Features:
- Special Requesttjw6150Dined on 3/28/2014I have specific dietary needs. When I asked for a modification to the menu selection, there was no hesitation or problem with my request. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendPumpvixenVIPDined on 3/20/2014The scallops were wonderful. My husband had their tasting menu with paired drinks, he really loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceviche and Spare RibsVickyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Though unlikely, these two were outstanding dishes and I would highly recommend them. We also had the Paella which was very good but we prefer it prepared in a traditional paella pan so that you get the soccarat. Overall it's a terrific restaurant with enough unusual preparations that I say it's "fit for a foodie" and it has a nice energy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wining & Dining in Paso RoblesSteveDined on 3/11/2014My wife and I live in Napa/Sonoma wine country and know good food and wine. This restaurant is superb and ranks with some of the best. We shared six appetizers and each one of them was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious!SalRVIPDined on 3/11/2014My wife and I had lunch here the day after we had lunch at Il Cortile, their sister restaurant, and we were, once again, amazed by Chef Santos' food!! Can't wait to go back to Paso and dine at his restaurants again! It's truly a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePasowineoDined on 3/8/2014Lovely Peruvian food, great cocktails, awesome menu selection, great ambiance right on the park. Sit at one of the patio bar tops to enjoy the lovely Paso evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty BitesAngeVIPDined on 2/19/2014We had a late lunch here. Brought friends from San Diego here and they fell in love with the fresh from the garden take on Central and South American foods. Do the Ceviche. Try the cocktails, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- La Cosecha is outstanding!LagunaDaveDined on 2/15/2014Great appetizers, small plates, interesting wine list. Sherman is a terrific GM. Chef Santos was in the kitchen demonstrating his outstanding skills with food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Cocktails...butCentaldinerDined on 2/15/2014The seafood Paella was outstanding, the salmon was perfect, the cocktails were fabulously creative. The only downfall was that as the night got colder they did not close the patio doors and I was shivering while sipping my cocktail. The group of us tasted nearly every cocktail on the menu, our favs were THE COSECHA.. & .PLUM SOUR....I would go back again, although I may ask to be seated further from the giant glass patio doors or wait till its warmer out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, boring foodJohnHDined on 2/14/2014We really looked forward to some South American flair, and instead, found the food, presentation, and favors to be quite boring and ordinary. The appetizers were both good, tuna tartar and ceviche, and the entries both blah. Dessert was the same--ordinary at best, both in presentation and appeal. The South Americans deserve better, if their style of cuisine is to be featured. We never found it here.Special Features:
- Disappointing: Seasonings, PortionnycamDined on 2/14/2014Maybe they were having a bad day, I don't know. The "Tortilla soup" was a slurry of vegetables and a creole-ish flavor that didn't work. We were surprised that the empanadas ALSO tasted like a peppery creole- and tasted too much like the soup! I'd read complaints about portion size, but they were about right for people ordering with the intent of getting an appetizer (tapas-size) for one, but not a suitable portion for sharing, unless a bite is all you want as your piece of the shared plate. The reviews were right- the portion sizes are out of scale with the prices. All in all, the atmosphere is nice, the people are nice but we won't be coming back in this lifetime.