La Condesa Napa Valley
1320 Main St.
Saint Helena, CA 94574Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
La Condesa Napa Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lcnapa.com/
- Phone: 7079678111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Everyday: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4:00 - 9:00pm
Saturday/Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chris Mortenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room with chef"s table opens to our kitchen and can accommodate parties up to 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Dean Castelli, GM 7079678111x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday night
Tacos and Trivia every Tuesday with drink and taco specials. Prizes for the top 3 teams
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com
A word from La Condesa Napa Valley
La Condesa Napa Valley was named after the Condesa district of Mexico City, a vibrant, stylish neighborhood known for architecture and artistry that blends contemporary, Spanish colonial, art deco, and art nouveau styles. Here in Napa Valley Executive Chef Christ Mortenson draws on the timeless global influences of the Condesa district to bring our guests a unique Napa experience, sharing cuisine inspired by central Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
La Condesa Napa Valley - Best Restaurants in St. Helena ›
La Condesa Napa Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding foodHawaiianFoodieDined on 10/6/2014We took a chance on La Condesa, looking for good Mexican or Central American food in Napa. We had very good margaritas, but they would not do a frozen one because it caused too much noise, so instead they crushed the ice very fine (apologized first, but excellent service). We had 4 different dishes, braised pork, roasted chicken, chicken enchilladas with mole sauce, and a poblano chile rellano. All were excellent, and the most knowledgable cook among us said the mole was one of the best, if not the best, he had ever eaten.Special Features:
- pretty mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014I was a bit disappointed by the service and quality of the food. The cochinita pibil entree said it came with fried plantains. Apparently they had run out of plantains. Not only did they fail to tell us this when we ordered the dish, they didn't let us know when they brought the plate and we didn't notice right away. When we pointed it out, the girl was like, oh yeah, i noticed that too. They must've run out. Sorry. We pointed it out to another server who started taking our table when we got the bill and he was very nice. Offered us a free dessert. Overall the food wasn't as good though as I would expect for such a pricey place. Doubt I'll return. That said, the margarita was quite good!Special Features:
- A shot in the dark.DilligasDined on 9/17/2014What a find. In St Helena for knee surgery. Saw this in trip advisor and gave it a shot. Appetizer great, main course to die for. Price in line for the Napa valley. We will definitely eat here again. PS had the poblano chili an the taco flite both EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila!FLTRMDined on 9/10/2014What a great selection of tequila La Condesa provides the diner/drinker! The presentation of food and libations was great. The menu is limited, but all eight of us found something to our liking and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- FOODchick1972FOODchick1972Dined on 8/23/2014Soups &guacamole flight delish.I enjoyed the stuffed poblano chile ,the rest of our party were underwhelmed-good but not great.Special Features:
- WorthwhileNapaLocalVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent choice for innovative Mexican style, relaxed meal. Unusual "tacos" featured 3 different, shrimp, beef, chicken, each uniquely crafted with a different mix of ingredients to match the meats. A chicken mole enchilada was exceptional.
- Great mexican foodKcp1963Dined on 8/5/2014Fresh tex-mex. Cocktails very good! Food very fresh and flavor fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in St HelenaSonoma27Dined on 8/4/2014The stuffed pepper with butternut squash, quinoa and cheese was really good but the $16. price seemed high for one stuffed pepper. The squash taco was good but small sized and priced at $5. The margarita's we got were priced at $11. and $15. , they good but small with too much ice. The chips were fresh and warm and came with 4 small cups of salsa's that were interesting and good. They charge $4. for the chips. Chicken mole enchiladas were good and $17. If prices were less or portions larger, we might make this a regular place to dine. Service was very good and we like the location in downtown St Helena.Special Features:
- Innovative and deliciousRockylynDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed ourselves very much. Although mostly South American food themed we had the Best fish & chips ever. Even the margarita was one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- 5 starsHungryIVIPDined on 8/1/2014I recently had lunch here for the first time and loved it. I shared a salmon BLT, the taco assortment and a scoop of the house made ice cream. All good! Our waitress was excellent. Conveyed all of our special requests to the kitchen, so everything was just as we wanted it. I'd be back sooner if it was only closer to home!Special Features:
- Just so sorobinVIPDined on 7/19/2014Seems that the food has gone downhill and one of my favorite menu items is missing - HUITLACOCHE HUARACHE!!
- The following 188 reviews are from the La Condesa Napa Valley reviews archive.
- limited menu selectionMicheleb0706VIPDined on 6/21/2014When perusing the menu on open table prior to booking our reservation we were drawn in by the many delicious and unusual choices. Once actually there, the menu was considerably smaller. Less than half! Open table's sample was deceiving. That was a let down for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not the sameFoodiesf65VIPDined on 6/20/2014La Condesa is many times a must go for my family. Despite several other mexican options in St, Helena, traditionally the restaurant has been by far the best of the bunch in every category. On this last visit, I could sense that every element of the experience has fallen a notch (obviously the hip, contemporary decor is still the same, which is a highlight). While the guacamole sampler was a fantastic start (this is a must order), all of the entrees were just good. There seemed to be a real lack of final touch from the kitchen in terms of flavors and presentation. . Service was perfunctory and mechanical - another step down. I hope my average experience was a once in a blue moon thing.
- Love that guacamole !!!BoomerVIPDined on 6/19/2014Fun restaurant. The guacamole taster is amazing....who would think of putting strawberries or shrimp and apple on top! We enjoyed the taco trio and the delicious mole. Try a tequila shot...great plating!Special Features:
- Just OKScottVIPDined on 6/14/2014Pros: great location in downtown St Helena; nice decor/ambiance; decent food. And the classic margarita is incredible. Cons: the service. It was slow and spotty. They brought the wrong food to the wrong table. We witnessed two servers arguing out in the open in the dining area. I would go here again to give it another shot, maybe it was just an off night. But if the service was as weak as it was on this recent visit, I don't think I'd go back again.
- Not a huge fanalliwoohooDined on 6/14/2014The food was ok and the service was ok but overall not worth the trek to St. Helena. Grilled Salmon BLT was only good because of the Bacon. Carnitas was more like pulled pork and not like carnitas at all. No crunchy delicious pork bits. Asked the bartender questions about some of the spirits and he wasn't very helpful or friendly with his answers even after we asked multiple questions and showed true interest. Unfortunately, not going to come back here.
- worth a trylemongrlVIPDined on 5/18/2014We went here on a Sunday at 5:15pm. There were a few people at the bar. A single lady at a nearby table and a young couple came in a little after us. We had very slow service for an empty restaurant. The waitress walked right by our check that had money on the table and didn't take it. She then disappeared and we eventually brought it up to the bar. The tortilla soup tasted like tomato soup. The chopped salad was great. We ordered the Taco flight. The steak taco was wonderful. The wine was nice as well. We plan to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!NapaTrishDined on 5/17/2014We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. We wanted to try several different items, so we chose the corn appetizer, the guacamole flight and a salad with our margaritas. Everything was delicious, especially the corn! Service was friendly, and overall dining experience was a 10.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodKeriVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food is so creative and fresh, the cocktails as well. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Pricey food, cocktails are greatLovefoodDined on 4/27/2014Service was great and speciatity drink were awesome. The pork belly was very tasty, and the shrimp al pastor guacomaole. The other meat (taco trio), lacked flavor and steak was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little St. Helena surprise!SFCAFOXDined on 4/26/2014Had a great lunch with friends at this fantastic St. Helena downtown spot. Trendy, modern, eclectic and fun. Food was inventive and really good. I'd go back.Special Features:
- Brilliant placenoahDined on 4/25/2014This is the second time I have dined at La Condesa. What can I say other than they are FANTASTIC. My girlfriend and I have serious food allergies and the staff knew what had gluten, dairy and eggs in it. They steered us clear and the results were nothing but amazing. Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowj1356VIPDined on 4/19/2014It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was empty. The service was so slow it made a 45 minute meal into 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best margarita in the Valley!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014This was my second time visiting La Condesa. I had lunch there and saw their amazing tequila selection and thought it would be great to go back for a tasting. Lunch was great too. Dinner did not disappoint. We had the calamari; the best. the tacos were delicious as well. My favorite was their classic margarita. The best in the valley. Service was great as well. I have nothing bad to report about this place. I have heard others complain about prices, but it was worth every penny to me. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice food and decor.someoneDined on 3/28/2014Very nice food and decor. The live music was unexpected but really good! I'll go back for sure.Special Features:
- Food great but service awful!!!NaseeDined on 3/22/2014The best margaritas in Napa Valley. We are locals and go to La Condesa frequently. Every time we go the service gets worse and worse and worse. We are very saddened by this because the food and drinks are fantastic. But there are so many amazing restaurants that truly do need our business in this economy, we go to the ones that feel like they want us there and give us good service. It's hard to come by nowadays so we support these spots. The first time we went to La Condesa was fantastic but has gone wayyyy downhill ever since.Special Features:
- OverratedFoodieVIPDined on 3/20/2014Everything about La Condesa was disappointing, except the guacamole; however, that's not enough when weighed against the limited menu, unappetizing food, marginal margaritas, and so-so service.
- More of a Bar with foodHelenaRoseDined on 3/8/2014La Condesa seems like a bar, where the food is secondary. Speakers blare outside as if to entice people in. The bar takes up half the restaurant, with two TVs showing sports and loud music playing. The lighting is dim. The menu is one page, but a quarter is mixed drinks. Menu options are limited. The wine list is four pages of tequila and two pages of wines. Our server seemed to be charged with serving more than half the diners. While the salads came out promptly, we waited a long time for our main course. The server was doing her best, so it must have been the kitchen. Due to the bar scene, loud music, unreadable menu, slow service and emphasis on hard liquor, we will not be back. For young tequila lovers, it could be nirvana.Special Features:
- Marginal Meal at a High PriceSjhwVIPDined on 3/7/2014One margarita, one shared appetizer, two marginally tasty and quite meager salads at lunch = $60. That's a pretty high tab, even in the Napa Valley where we live. We've been warned away from La Condesa for just these reasons but try to patronize local places. We're sorry, but there are plenty of others that will get our business in the future.
- Great Trivia and Taco TuesdayChrisVIPDined on 2/25/2014I went there in a small birthday group for Taco Tuesday and trivia night and it was a lot of fun. The tacos had great flavor, margaritas had good balance and they brought out a scoop of birthday cake ice cream for the birthday boy. Trivia night was a lot of fun as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014we dined at La Condesa last summer and it was delicious, the dinner we had there last saturday was just ok. the fish and chips were dreadful. But what really needs to be improved is the noise level. Almost impossible to hear what we were saying to each other. And it wasn't that crowded. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Authentic Hispanic FoodWine24VIPDined on 2/20/2014Have wanted to dine here since it opened. Great selection of Tequila's and the margaritas are amazing. Recommend the Prickly Pear! Small menu with unique items. Chicken enchiladas w/ mole...great flavor! Homemade Guacamole a must! If you like specialty Mexican Food, you will love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice find!GoHawgsDined on 2/20/2014The food was delicious. We had 4 types of guacamole, tortilla soup, a taco flight, enchiladas --- all were delicious. What impressed us most is that the bartender knew how to make a real margarita & they were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantRiverGirlDined on 2/16/2014Fun place to eat and good food.....great chips with a variety of salsas...I love their chicken enchiladas in mole sauce. Never had a bad meal there.Their classic margaritas are great .Special Features:
- Service was attentive, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/15/2014Service was attentive, food was good, drinks generous. A bit pricy, but not out of line for St Helena. Had the sampler of guacamoles and salsas, all were good, although I would have appreciated a bit more heat in at least one or two. A salsa fresca might be a nice addition. The mole sauce was excellent. Noise level was very high, could barely hear my dinner companion.Special Features:
- Food was delicious & justJudyDined on 2/1/2014Food was delicious & just the right amount. Guacamole/salsa sampler yummy! Hard surfaces in dining are made it a bit noisy & hard to have much conversation, but I'd still go again.Special Features:
- Disappointed @ La CondesaMaxfliteVIPDined on 1/25/2014Been there 4 times and this one was so terrible. The ceviche was drowning in sauce and the fish had an fishy after taste. The steak tacos tasted good but the wrap was hard. The Margaritas were served in regular glasses not Margarita glasses. Too pricey and small servings. Don't think will return after this debacle.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/22/2014The tortilla soup was amazing and the guacamole and salsa tasting was very fun and well...tasty. We then had the taco sampler. The fish taco was the best fish taco we have had and I almost always order fish tacos when I can--light and fresh fish with no fishy taste at all. We wrapped up with the bread pudding seasonal dessert and were both blown away by the pudding and the yummy banana ice cream (even though 1 of us is not fond of bananas). We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What did you say?FrancetteDined on 1/17/2014Very noisy for overpriced just OK food. Good for a beer or drink.Special Features:
- Love trivia night. Loads ifAmyBVIPDined on 1/14/2014Love trivia night. Loads if fun. Like that they offered a little break on a few items.I would recommend this to a friend.