La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels
249 Centre Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $30 and under
La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.compagnienyc.com/menus/
- Phone: (212) 343-3660
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Thursday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Tibor Kogler and Armand Arnal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us
- Entertainment: Background music
A word from La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels
La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels is the first New York location of the iconic Parisian wine bar, and features nearly 600 wines from around the world, with several offered via enomatic machine, and dozens of others available by the glass. Sommelier Fabien Suquet (formerly of the three Michelin Star-awarded Auberge Du Vieux Puits) has compiled a wine list from his favorite producers around the world with nearly 70 percent of the list is French in origin plus favorite small growers from regions such as Lebanon, Israel, Greece, Hungary, and Brazil. A menu of small plates from chefs Armand Arnal (Michelin Star-awarded La Chassagnette in Arles, France) and Tibor Kogler (Telepan, MP Taverna, North Plank Road Tavern) complements Suquet’s wine choices. Dishes include Marinated Seabream with orange citrus; a Beef Tartare with tomato confit and Savora mustard; Braised Octopus with pickled pearl onions and pink peppercorn; Toad in a hole with truffle butter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- New FavoritetengohambreVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went here for my friend's birthday and wow, we all loved it, no complaints. Since we were a big group we got to try most of the items on the menu and ALL were delicious, and we are all picky. The ambience was lovely, the staff was helpful and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where are the crowds?DemandingDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Menu is quite original, interesting and priced quite low considering the quality of the elements. While the Toad in a hole is not quite to die for, it is a nice wallow, and the DLT (duck confit) is absolutely outstanding. Varied and fairly priced wine list, as you would expect given the name of the restaurant. But place was not even half full on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice find for great food and wineSAWSAWSAWVIPDined on 9/3/2014Delicious small plates. Good pairings with excellent, knowledgeable suggestions from our charming host. I would recommend pretty much everything we had: duck liver confit (particularly flavorful); spiced vegetables; little meaty sardines; the roasted lamb shoulder; the rightfully starring toad-in-the-hole; a delicious panzanella salad that was among the specials that night and a nice cheese selection to finish up. All with great glasses of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for sharingMarkVIPDined on 8/2/2014Amazing food and wine list. Perfect for 2 or small group so you can share all the amazing dishes. Toad in the hole is a must have (or 2 or 3). Great staff and décor is unique and good for a fun group or romantic night.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the La Compagnie des Vins Surnaturels reviews archive.
- Go for wine maybe not foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014It's a nice chill wine bar but the service was slow and the food was only ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nottrendyDined on 7/21/2014service was very good and the wine selection (and advice) impressive. I plan to return. A bit out of the way, especially for people with walking/movement problems. I treated an out-of-towner who was a bit taken back by the China Town experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.