La Collina - Millbrae
355 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Collina - Millbrae
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacollinaristorante.com/
- Phone: 6506529655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call restaurant for details.
A word from La Collina - Millbrae
La Collina Italian Restaurant is a family run restaurant whose owners have over 30 years international experience in the food service / restaurant business. In 1996, La Collina began with the vision of bringing authentic Northern Italian food to Millbrae. Many of the exquisite dishes at La Collina are inspired by Bedriye"s European experience with Mediterranean seasonings and herbs. La Collina Italian Restaurant is an upscale Italian restaurant with a full bar specializing in authentic Italian cuisine. At La Collina Restaurant, you will enjoy Authentic Northern Italian Food, including exquisite seafood dishes, pasta, veal, organic salads and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Collina - Millbrae - Best Restaurants in Millbrae ›
La Collina - Millbrae reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)special occasion (10)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A place to talk!scrappy113VIPDined on 10/9/2014I wanted a place where an out of town friend and I could catch up -- comfortable, good food and not too noisy. La Collina was perfect -- relaxing and we were able to talk! Food was fine and service friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBigBillVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is true old school SF Italian, not that pseudo Italian from NJ & NY. Quaint, cozy, not a modern palace but some of the finest food you'll have. A long time favorite of its, highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aubergine69Dined on 9/27/2014We eat at La Collina two to three times a month. Food is always fresh, and consistent. Family owned and operated. Love the Bolognese, gnocchi, salads. Great Martinis, too!Special Features:
- a bit of Italy.PHX2MillbraeDined on 9/26/2014Been here a few times every time I'm in town and in the mood for good Italian. The kind of place that reminds me of restaurants I've dined in Italy, where you can relax with friends and just take your time enjoying food and company. The sauces are tasty and not overpowering. The portions are just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly impressedEvans792Dined on 9/19/2014This place is interesting because there is nothing on the menu that really stands out. And the fact that the menu is HUGE and the restaurant SMALL makes me skeptical as to whether the food will be good / high quality. But the food is outstanding! From the garlic olive oil to the salads, and the main dishes, every bite was delicious. I wasn't that hungry and still managed to clear my plate. Add in the fact that the service is perfect and the drinks are made strong, we will be coming back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJolynnDined on 9/19/2014What a find. Staying in Milbrae overnight after a tour of San Francisco. Hotel recommended La Collina. It was terrific. Food , service and wine were right up there with restaurants in San Francisco.Special Features:
- KrumbsfromKovVIPDined on 9/15/2014Friendly atmosphere, good food and reasonably priced. Nice array of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, reasonably priced food.LewismgDined on 9/13/2014Visiting from Oz, found this great Italian place. Easy on the wallet, really fabulous food and a spacious yet cozy feel. Good wine selection, but most of all, the food and service are exemplary. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- An Italian Gem in an Asian OceanROBOTMEISTERVIPDined on 9/12/2014We live in the Austin, TX area and I have been in the Foodservice industry for decades and travel to No CA frequently for business. I went online to find a "good" Italian eatery near the SFO airport and got wonderfully lucky with La Collina in Millbrae. Checked the menu for more than "spaghetti & meat balls and pizza" and the three of us had a great meal at this small (and hard to find) family restaurant surrounded by mostly Asian businesses on El Camino Real. I had the calamari steak entrée, sautéed without breading and it was better than the ones at Francesco's in Oakland and Tadich Grill in SF! My wife raved about her Chicken Parmesan and we had the Sauvignon w/fresh strawberries for dessert... dreamy!Special Features:
- La CollinaRoccaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Took us at the last minute using Open Table. We had 7 so it ws not easy. Hats off to the staff for accommodating us and respecting Open Table reservations. Food was good as always and service as we have come to expect. If you live near Millbrae and have not found this place, shame on you. Great family place with solid Italian food.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014Love the food and service here. Be sure to make a reservation as it is always full. Even on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014Later reservation (8:30P) had a packed restaurant - impressive. Tried staple pastas as main course - meatballs, artichoke/chicken in wine sauce. Both dishes were quite tasty and the pasta melted in your mouth! Olive tapanade dip with some additional seasoning was delicious and worthwhile when waiting for food. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found on yelpNANDJDined on 8/1/2014We found this restaurant while on yelp. The restaurant was packed at 7pm and I know why. The food, service, and ambience was wonderful.Special Features:
- A valuable findEdgarthefoodieDined on 7/31/2014This was our second time at La Collina; and just as good as the first one! The service is a little slow, but thoughtful and effective. The food is outstanding and the prices are reasonable. There were 4 of us and we order appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Everything was perfect, but the zabaglione for dessert was out of this world. We'll return to La Collina on our next visit to the San Francisco, Milbrae area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our evening. The food was very good as was the service. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- babaDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food . wine list adequate. Service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCleo204VIPDined on 6/29/2014Average Italian fare with good service. Older crowd and kid friendly.Special Features:
- The following 113 reviews are from the La Collina - Millbrae reviews archive.
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014This place delivers consistently. The food is fresh and perfectly prepared. The service is great and all the staff, especially the owners, are attentive but never intrusive. I hope they are in Millbrae for many years to come!Special Features:
- Good, dependable, foodLaldenJDined on 6/15/2014La Collina is a clean, hospitable, and reliable dining establishment. Their food is typical Italian fare with few surprises but, overall, good, hot, fresh food. On this visit, we tried, for the first time, their Calamari Fritti appetizer and it was an absolute treat! Fresh calamari rings, dipped in a light and flaky batter, and cooked perfectly(a difficult thing to do).....they were melt-in-your-mouth tender and, easily, the best I have ever had. I hope it wasn't an accident.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian Disheswabash21VIPDined on 6/1/2014Six of us all had a great dinner, and wonderful service. Pasta dishes all are good, and the veal piccata wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Former Partonmes1VIPDined on 5/31/2014I used to eat here many times when I worked in the area. I was surprised is the lack of service from the moment we walked it. Someone can and just put the water on our table without a hello or even making eye contact. Our waiter had no personality and she did not write down our order at the table. I have a serious food allergy and told her what I couldn't eat. When my food came, the vegetables contained garlic which I am highly allergic to. When she finally came to check on us, she argued with me about the vegetables. No apology! When we got the hand written bill, there was no mention of allergies for the kitchen. The entire staff needs an attitude change.
- New find in BurlingameNicefindVIPDined on 5/20/2014We stayed at El Ramcho before taking an early flight from SFO. Read the reviews in this restaurant, the food and service were outstanding. We split an order of Carparicuo, my husband had lasagna and I had eggplant Parmesan everything was delicious. We also had a bottle of Barberra wine which was very nice. Our server was great. We will go back and we highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the foodTastaliciousDined on 5/16/2014first restaurant i tried in cali - im from ny so you know we have expectations. the bread was delicious with whatever the oil/spice mix they gave - we loves it and they refilled without being asked. they know me so well.....we ordered 4 dishes, linguine clams, pasta carciofi, chicken risotto, and eggplant parm. Also the mushroom polenta for app. everything was amazing, but i loved the carciofi the best. eggplant parm came with mashed potatoes which was funny, but i loved it so i am not complaining. Def recommend everyone to go here, you will love it and the people! :)Special Features:
- Manager said they were too busyHeartManDined on 5/3/2014The place was completely packed on a Saturday night. We waited 90 minutes to get our main courses. They ran out of the Pasta of the Day by 6:30 PM. Our water glasses were frequently empty before being filled. We had to ask for additional bread to be brought with our entrees. The noise level was so high that we could only hear the person sitting right next to us, and then if they spoke close to our ears. The food was very good, but when we told the manager of the problems he said, "We were too busy tonight, come back on a weeknight when we aren't so busy." I think we will pass. "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too busy." Yogi Berra We'll go back to Sodini's Bertolucci's, they are prepared for a full house on a weekend.
- A fabulous time.luv2dineDined on 4/30/2014We had been here before years ago and it was good but not outstanding. This time it was a true wonderful dining experience! I had a pretty good sized New York steak done to my liking and an outstanding glass of Merlot. My wife had the Pork Tenderloin and she loved it. All in all it was an awesome dining experience and I can hardly wait to return for lunch, unfortunately they are only open for lunch on Thursday and Friday, just to sample the appetizers- they sound so appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dunstanDined on 4/19/2014good food, good service. Restaurant should carefully publish on their menu which items contain alcohol. I wanted to try the zabliagione and was disappointed that I had to trade it to my dining partner, since the menu didn't say it was made with alcohol. Recovered alcoholics should not have to query the waiter about every single item on the menu. Young waitress was not much interested in my disappointment.Special Features:
- Little gem in MillbraeAubergine69Dined on 3/15/2014Great pastas, love their house salad. Osso bucco, veal piccatta- great.! Wine list isn't spectacluar, so we bring usually a bottle. Full bar.. great martinis. Gotta love that it's family owned and operated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surpriseRickwDined on 3/11/2014Very decent food. All but one of our dishes are top notch and very acceptable. Service is a bit slow and needs to be reminded. However, it is a nice quiet spot with very decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They honor the open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/28/2014They honor the open table reservation without hesitation and have a nice table ready as we walked inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJerrieDined on 2/28/2014We had to spend the night at a hotel by SFO. Little did we know we would find such a wonderful restaurant so near an airport. It was right across the street from our hotel so we could turn in the rental car early and take shuttle in the morning for a very early flight. We went early and it was already crowded so I would highly recommend reservation for later dining. We shared the Caprese salad and the tomatoes for this time of year were outstanding and mozzarella melted in your mouth. I had the Petrole Sole special and licked the plate clean. Hubby had the lasagna special and said it was the best ever even better than what he had in Tuscany. Service was quite nice. We truly felt we were back in Italy. I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentABC100Dined on 2/27/2014Excellent as usual. I eat here often ans La Colina is always a dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Collina ReviewCookieDined on 2/22/2014Met my very good friend from high school there. It was quiet enough so we could talk. The food selection was extensive and both of us had a great food. They were very busy and the service was a little slow but they accommodated all our needs we would return without reservation.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantTablefor4Dined on 2/22/2014Once again we had a really nice dinner, great service and food. For those who may be interested - please note that it is not a large restaurant and it does tend to get noisy. Wouldn't recommend bringing young children for these reasons. Reservations are a must. We've been there many times and do plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Molto beneLittleNancyVIPDined on 2/5/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner. A nice menu, something for everybody. I don't suggest going with a large group, or bringing young children the restaurant is small. Go there with your special someone or a couple of friends and you will enjoy the best of what the restaurant offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gemDateNightVIPDined on 2/5/2014LA Collina in downtown Millbrae is a cute Italian place with a cozy atmosphere, tasty food, and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B+ type restaurantacutaboveDined on 1/31/2014By phone, no reservations until 7PM. By Open Table, 6:45 available. Showed up before 6:30, seated immediately. Several empty tables visible. The food was good, like the neighborhood Italian restaurants in large East Coast cities. The tepenade-like diced olive/olive oil dip for the bread was one of the best I ever tasted. My osso buco and my son's chicken parmasan were also good in a comfort-food way, not gourmet, but hearty. The minestrone soup was OK but it tasted canned (can't prove it, just my impression).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We accidentally found thisPacificaDined on 1/18/2014We accidentally found this place a couple of years ago and have returned many times. The food is consistently good. The caesar salad is excellent. If you are looking for a quiet spot with consistently good Italian food, this is it.Special Features:
- missing host/hostessDanaDined on 1/17/2014I made a reservation at La Collina but when my party arrived there was no hostess at the front. Other customers were also waiting near the front door. The wait staff was extremely busy, zipping from table to table to serve customers. After 15 minutes, without any staff member acknowledging us, we left and went to another restaurant nearby. We only had about 90 minutes as we had to get to the airport. This was very disappointing considering we had made a reservation and this restaurant is highly rated. On a positive note, the food smelled delicious and it is a small, but lovely restaurant. The clientele who were seated seemed very happy with their meals.
- Poor service and mediocre foodmaimaiVIPDined on 1/17/2014We had a reservation, but they clearly are a neighborhood restaurant and would not say no to anyone! Very short staffed, so you had to ask 2-3 times for water, your drinks, cheese for pasta,etc. Looked like a cute place, but we did not enjoy it because of the service. Food was mediocre.
- Never a disappointmentDisappintedVIPDined on 1/8/2014La Collina is consistently good. Although salmon is always on the daily special menu served differently each day, you can request it the way you like it.Special Features: