La Cocina Oaxaquena
1216 Pine St #100
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Cocina Oaxaquena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacocinaoaxaquena.com/
- Phone: 2066238226x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Open Sundays: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Tina Pinello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
A word from La Cocina Oaxaquena
We offer Authentic Southern Mexican Cuisine using only the freshest ingredients. Everything is made fresh in house as to not compromise the integrity of our dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Cocina Oaxaquena - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
La Cocina Oaxaquena reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great jointMarkjb123Dined on 9/17/2014I've been several times and have never been disappointed. The food tastes authentic and it won't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!BunjyDined on 9/13/2014We ate here before seeing a show at the Paramount and it was wonderful. We happened to be there during happy hour so were able to try several different entrees. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- A warm Friday night in SeptemberLivinOn14thDined on 9/5/2014La Cocina Oaxaquena was a vibrant spot to eat outdoors and take in Seattle on a Friday night. Skyscrapers light up the night to the west while Pine Street, mixed with a constant stream of people and slow crawling traffic becomes a red and white ribbon of lights moving between downtown and Capitol Hill. Outdoor seating sits on the corner with Melrose Ave facing busy bars, restaurants, coffee shops, retail shops and buzzing sidewalks. We were seated quickly with our waiter seconds behind us. Looked over the menu, asked the waiter a couple of questions and ordered with ease. It's an active street scene while waiting for food, which was a variety of taco's, chips and guacamole and a couple of Mojita's which were surprisingly spicy! Fun.Special Features:
- Location LocationgregoryhughDined on 8/6/2014La Oaxaquena..just okay. A LOT of promise but nothing notable about the Oaxaquen food. Would LOVE it to have been CREATIVE Oaxaquen food, especially given the great location.Special Features:
- Love homemade tortillas!!jsdavis573Dined on 8/3/2014Fun and enjoyable...a tasty neighborhood gem. Loved the sangria and homemade tortillas! Will be back for more.Special Features:
- #2 Needs to try harderGWilliamsVIPDined on 8/2/2014There was nothing specifically wrong with this place. It's just that Mezcalaria Oaxaqua already does it better.
- casual place in the neighborhoodAL09Dined on 7/9/2014Good food and drinks, got outdoor seating on a summer nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Food in Seattle-so farluvgoodfoodDined on 6/29/2014Moved from So. California and have been on the hunt for decent (have lowered the bar) Mexican food in Seattle. Tried La Cocina Oaxaquena and it exceeded our expectations for Mexican food in Seattle! We have finally found a place that we could go to for GREAT Mexican food!Special Features:
- Try it!Vallartan3XDined on 6/28/2014Reasonable price, great location, a lengthy menu, and food is presented nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterrfarr100Dined on 6/15/2014Service was great, food was great, price was great.Special Features:
- Great foodDoZA69VIPDined on 6/6/2014True Mexican food. I feel like I am back home visiting family when I taste the food here. Check out the carne asada and adobada tacos.Special Features:
- Love the PazoleSteveninpdxVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is a great lunch spot or casual dinner with friends. The large front patio is exposed to the street but set back enough to let you enjoy life on the hill. The Pazole has a nice spicy bite with large chunks of boneless pork. For Seattle, the house margarita is reasonably priced just $7, I recommend on the rocks with salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the La Cocina Oaxaquena reviews archive.
- amazing foidsadexperienceDined on 5/4/2014The food is incredible and we live to go, authentic mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise birthday dinner!AnnaBananaDined on 4/19/2014La Cocina Oaxaqueña was the perfect choice for my boyfriend´s surprise birthday dinner. I had been once before and thought the food was excellent and the atmosphere refreshingly unpretentious for Capitol Hill, both qualities I knew my boyfriend would appreciate. Making the reservation for a large group less than a week in advance, and then even changing the group size twice (we ended up with 13 total), was almost too easy-- I did everything online and only called to confirm the day before, and everything was all set! When we arrived our table was waiting for us and the service was perfect all evening, accommodating our homemade cake and splitting checks every which way with apparent ease. SO appreciated and highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, not so good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014The service was great. Very attentive and friendly. But the food was really dissapointing. The amount of food on the plate was minuscule. The flavor was bland. I had the pork ribs and there were only two tiny pieces of ribs with extremely overcooked rice. My husband had the mole and it was also quite bland and runny, not silky as mole should be. The wine selection was dreadful as well. The only good part of the food was the warm chips and the tasty guacamole. Everything else was bad.
- Authentic Mexican Food!!!!!DoZA69VIPDined on 3/16/2014Finally you can have a taste of Mexico. Being Mexican, this is by far is the tastiest Mexican I've tasted in the Seattle area.... Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Posole was quite good, thoughjdeeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Posole was quite good, though it needed the garnishes to bring up flavor. The tamale in banana leaf was large and filled with ultra-succulent pork (chicken also available) with a sweetish dark mole. Very attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Tacos are the best!VegdinerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great service, friendly staff and bartender. The food is truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best value Mexican on the hillericdmilhemDined on 1/17/2014The mole is outstanding, easily the best I've had, followed closely by the al pastor tacos. The margaritas were also classic with great tequila and not a lot of sweetness. Only thing I noticed was the fan for the kitchen didn't seem to be on so the air was thick with the smell of the tremendous they served. Highly recommended for a quick bite before going out or a cheap date!I would recommend this to a friend.