La Cocina International Restaurant
530 A1A beach Blvd
St. Augustine Beach, FL 32080Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
La Cocina International Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacocinarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9044618288x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00am -10:30am; Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Juan Solano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
- Catering: We, Thank you for choosing la Cocina Restaurant to hold an important day of your live, With our quality in service and excellent cuisine we assure you that this day will be unforgettable our dining can hold up to 60 guest For all your specials occasions such as Weddings, Rehearsal, Anniversaries, Graduations, Holiday Parties, and more.
A word from La Cocina International Restaurant
La Cocina International Restaurant offers Intimate Fine Dining with a Latin Flair with a Casual Atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Cocina International Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
La Cocina International Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (33)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Disappointed after reading reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I ate here on a Sunday evening. Food. I ordered a steak, my wife ordered the Chilean Seabass. Steak was tough, but acceptable. The Chilean Seabass was acceptable. We also had the olives appetizer, that was the highlight of the meal. Service. I am not sure if they were short staffed this evening. We waited for 15 minutes for someone to take in order, 40 minutes for salads to be delivered, prior to the salads being delivered our olives got delivered. Getting a drink was complicated. I was very disappointed in the entire experience, I have read so many great things about this place. If I am in town again I would try this place again but if the service is just as bad I would never returnSpecial Features:
- A Hidden Treasure in St. Aug. BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had tried some of the appetizers that La Cocina served at the Taste of St. Augustine a while back and when a double take coupon came up it reminded us how much we liked the their apps. We made reservations online which was very convenient. We had a 5:30 reservation and were seated promptly and the service was fantastic. I am a big fan of lobster bisque soup and try it whenever it is on the menu. The lobster bisque at La Cocina was the best I have ever had. I will definitely be back for dinner and will bring friends. BjSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineladyloo01Dined on 8/23/2014Fabulous, as usual! We always look forward to dining at La CocinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulSeawoodsDined on 8/19/2014I have experienced lunches, dinners with 1 or 2 friends and Christmas group parties, etc. Food, service , and ambiance has always been consistently wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful and deliciousluvagoodmealDined on 8/15/2014Excellent as usual. Hidden gem. In a hotel don't put that off. Some of the best food in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGreatTimeDined on 8/15/2014Wife and I were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary and La Cocina International was recommended. we are so glad we went. Every aspect of the evening was top notch. You can tell the chef takes pride in his/her work. Each course was beautiful to look at and tasted out of this world. The wait staff was top notch, just a great evening.Special Features:
- Will keep us coming back!LadyofLeisureDined on 8/14/2014The food is consistently delicious with a presentation to match. It is one of our favorite dining spots in St Augustine.Special Features:
- Enjoyableluv2dineoutDined on 8/12/2014Recommended by several of your regular customers. Have had a home here for 18 years, seen your adds, but never gave you a try. Glad we finally did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesCocoVIPDined on 8/9/2014I always loving going there and will go many more times in the future. the waiter is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Chippies47Dined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner in a romantic restaurant with fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A remarkable dinner!Cruisingsince81Dined on 7/31/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 pm on a Thursday evening. They seated us at a nice table by the window. We had a bottle of Pinot Gris, and a delicious dinner. First, we were given some sliced, warm galic bread/cheese bread. Then we were given a salad made with spring mix. My husband had the grouper special of the day. It was topped with a holladaise sauce and on a bed of polenta. I had the penne pasta with mussels, chorizo, escargot, and shrimp in a poblano sauce. I requested not to have the crawfish, and they gave me more shrimp instead. We ended the evening with cream brûlée toppled with a small scoop of strawberry sorbet. The presentation and taste was superb! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best!beachguyDined on 7/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Food and service are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful dishes! Delicious food!LizandraDined on 7/27/2014We arrived a bit earlier of our reservation , but we're very well attended. The restaurant is inside a hotel, but it's very cozy. We had a Brie pie as appetizer and was the must have! Salads and entrees were excellent too as were beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience For TwoLuv2dateDined on 7/26/2014The La Cocina International Restaurant located in the Castillo Real Hotel lobby in St. Augustine Beach, Fl is a hidden dining gem that should be experienced. The restaurant atmosphere is cozy and intimate for a romantic dinner for two. The menu was varied with a Spanish flare for taste. Excellent wine list. Good dessert list selection. The food presentation was gourmand and the wait staff and service impeccable. The La Cocina is a great place for a romantic date if you wish to make a lasting impression for your special someone or celebrate a Special Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty fresh foodKarisDined on 7/25/2014Sea bass was delicious. Entree is very filling so not too much room for dessert. Good wine and very well priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophisticatedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014La Cocina is extremely dependable. The food is always beautifully cooked and beautifully presented. What makes it special, though, is the atmosphere. The restaurant can be full but you can have a conversation at the table. In so many places these days the noise level is so high you can't converse with your table mates. La Cocina is a little more expensive that some other fine dining restaurants in the area but the atmosphere is superior. Perfect for a special celebration night out.Special Features:
- Made our list.travelinrickDined on 7/20/2014A real Find On The beach. We Enjoyed Everything From Appetizer To Dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!travelinrickDined on 7/18/2014The food and service were first rate. We saw reviews on a travel site and were not disappointed. Be sure to try the seafood crepes appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014This place is always consistant in wonderful food, we had sea bass and lobster bisque yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!ObnpatVIPDined on 7/7/2014Fantastic! This is by far the best restaurant in st Augustine beach. We plan to return often.Special Features:
- A very quiet option.Joser22VIPDined on 7/3/2014Food was good, but this place is in an awkward spot. Inside of a less than desirable hotel. If your idea of a nice dinner does not include other people or ambiance, this could the perfect place for you! Don't get me wrong, food was good and service was on point but it was wayyyy too quiet.
- calgoodDined on 7/3/2014This is superb restaurant as I rated above. I do come here relatively frequently. Their cuisine, service, and attention to detail, as well as ambience make their restaurant in a better class than most along Beach A1A in this area.Special Features:
- ImpecableBequitausDined on 6/30/2014Top notch food and service!! Waiter was best! Right there without being obtrusive. Food was delicious. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Typical Beach SpotluvthebeachDined on 6/30/2014This is a charming restaurant, with absolutely wonderful food and ambiance. While a tad more expensive than the usual beach restaurant, the experience is well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyloo01Dined on 6/28/2014Great dining experience. Food and service, both wonderful! We always enjoy dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprising hotel restaurantFoodaholicDined on 6/28/2014we were looking for a restaurant to go to for our anniversary and took a chance on this restaurant because of the great reviews. We were not disappointed! The food was excellent, the service was wonderful. We were concerned because it was in a hotel but we were very pleasantly surprised. The ambience was very nice and even though it was in the hotel, it was somewhat separated and the clientele were dressed nicely--not what I was expecting in a beach front hotel. If you want a really good meal we would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!CleoDined on 6/26/2014The food is always delicious. The presentation is creative. The atmosphere is always buzzing with signs of fun and love. We come here regularly as foodies that appreciate a well presented meal, and we bring friends and family when we have the chance!Special Features:
- Not in trouble 4 my dinning choiceLizzybeachDined on 6/22/2014The meal was excellent. The potions were quite healthy so we could split them. The homemade salad dressings were excellent. We enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere as well. The group I was with can be rather picky and will give you a hard time if you make a bad choice in restaurants. I am still in good standing with my choice. Every one enjoyed it.
- greatjeanneDined on 6/13/2014great local spot inside a hotel on the beach. great food , young , but very knowledgeable and attentive server made this a great night out!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining. Great atmosphere.KlqkauaiDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant rarely disappoints. The ambience, food presentation and service are exceptional. I must say, however, that I was disappointed in the salmon this time. I have ordered it many times in the past, and it has been wonderful. On this occasion it was presented rolled in a sphere atop a bed of potatoes. The fish was overdone and not its usual pink in color. The others in my party had exceptional meals of pork ossobucca and lobster tail.Special Features:
- great foodlocalgirlDined on 6/6/2014We went to La Cocina International for my husband's birthday. He typically does not like "fancy" restaurants with small portions and sauce over everything, so I was a little reluctant but tried it anyway. The food was delicious, in looks as well as taste. Nothing was covered with sauce and the portions were just right. I would highly recommend La Cocina for a special occasion or just a quiet dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014We tried this restaurant based on the reviews we found in Open Table. Our overall experience was a good one. Food was generally excellent. the seafood crepes were particularly good with big chunks of lobster, shrimp and scallops. The evening chef's special was a grouper dish which we wanted to try, but were told they had sold out of grouper, a bit disappointing since our reservation was at 6:30PM. Service was slow, but there were only two people in the kitchen, so understandable. Food was well presented and of good quality. we wkill definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience!DiningofficianoDined on 5/24/2014Food is notably wonderful with a good menu to chose from. Flavor, presentation and service is always outstanding! Not a large wine list but a notable variety to choose from to accompany any menu choice! Never disappointed and always leave happy and full! Best classy restaurant on the beach!Special Features:
- Hidden GemSharonaVIPDined on 5/21/2014La Cocina is nestled away in the Castilla Real Hotel. There are no large signs announcing it's presence, so it's easily missed if you're just driving by. Whether breakfast, lunch or dinner - the meals are exceptional and the presentations beautiful. So, make a point to go out of your way and look for this wonderful find on St Augustine BeachSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemFoodieinstaugustineDined on 5/13/2014I am a local but somehow missed this outstanding restaurant. Don't miss an incredible dining experience right on beautiful St. Augustine Beach!Special Features:
- Food and Service Great!FrannieVEDined on 5/8/2014Located within a hotel, this was a wonderful surprise! Beer and Wine only, if that is an issue. We were a party of 8 and everyone loved their dinners. The food arrived at a good pace and was piping hot. The portions are ample and the presentation is great. The menu is filled with choices that should make everyone happy! Had their Cerviche, which was a large portion and wonderfully seasoned. The vegetable pasta was very good. Our waiter was wonderful and we felt very welcomed. We will definitely go back when we are in the St. Augustine area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, exceptional serviceKyGolfMomDined on 5/7/2014Fine dining at reasonable prices. We highly recommend the tuna Tartare, seafood crepes and New York strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving the Spanish FlareEnyaDined on 5/7/2014I had chilean seabass is to die for. The fish was cooked to perfection, very moist and tender. The seasoning was incredibly delicious not too salty or spicy just perfect. The mixed green salad was very fresh and the chilantro dressing that I chose was actually great. My husband had the special for the night--red snapper with stuffed crab meat. It was good but I preferred mine better. Overall, our dinner was very pleasant, enjoyable and very romantic. Our servers were attentive, very quick to clear dirty dished but not overbearing. Oh! the ambience is so romantic, comfortable, and a feel good feeling. I'd recommend this restaurant to my friends and families. We're definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the La Cocina International Restaurant reviews archive.
- Exellent Cocina in TownCdaorlDined on 5/4/2014I made my trip from Orlando to Visit St Augustine. Saw great review of this restaurant and I am glad I listened to it. Great taste and friendly enviroment. I will be back with my friends. The downside is don't have cocktail drinks my wife loves and the beer and wine selections are limited. Still great choice !Special Features:
- We LOVE La Cocina!ThistlemoonDined on 4/19/2014La Cocina is wonderful. It is a place where they remember you and make you feel special and welcome. We had our wedding reception catered here 6 years ago and even after moving away from SA, have tried to come back to celebrate our anniversary as many years as we can. Each time, we are remembered and treated like honored guests. The food is delicious, there is always an amazing variety of seafood dishes that are always fresh and satisfying. I think the chef there is great at making traditional favorites with more inventive sauces and accompaniments. For example, this time I had sea bass over risotto with a tomato hollandaise sauce. It was amazing. My husband had a delicious seafood paella. Great ambience, service and food!Special Features: