911 Marlton Pike
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacitaauthenticmexicanfood.com/
- Phone: (856) 375-2194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours; Monday- Saturday 11am-3pm
Dinner Hours: Monday- Sunday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Cita
"La Cita" the meaning for "a date" is exactly who we are! We are a great place to enjoy great food, family and friends. Our traditional delights are made from scratch including our pastries. If you have never tried our "Molcajetes" which are served on a hot lava rock with chicken, shrimp and steak with our housemade chipotle, or our Plato Placero which is served with chorizo, spiced pork, chicken and salted beef, you are missing something special! We are a BYOB establishment, so feel free to bring your favorite bottle! Come meet our family and enjoy our tradition!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cita reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Constantly GoodStepsiteVIPDined on 11/20/2014THe Open Table requirement to write a review in order to post one's ratings of a restaurant is ridiculous and makes its ratings suspect. How is it that someone writing gives any greater credit to their rating than for one who does not write a review. Wake up Opentable or you will loose us. This restaurant has been constantly good and reasonable and we recommend it highly, just look at the number of times we have eaten here.Special Features:
- Nice FindNiceFindDined on 11/1/2014This little restaurant is a nice find. The food was authentic and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCharlieVIPDined on 10/29/2014It's real thing, it's fresh and it's sooooo inexpensive. Try the guacamole for an appetizer, the poblano soup is creamy and has the essence of the mild chile, the shrimp lava bowl is cheesy, shrimp with just the right amount of heat. You can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Mexican Food in South JerseySJFresserVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food here is totally authentic and delicious. The service is extremely friendly and efficient. The ambiance is a little stark and the Mexican videos on the big flat screen at the back wall are rather distracting and the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went to La Cita because they were on the Cherry Hill restaurant week list, but we will definitely be going back because of the food. Our waitress was very pleasant and helpful with the menu and everything we ordered was delicious. They were very willing to alter a few items to accommodate dietary needs which convinces me they are making everything fresh to order. We tried a few of the items our waitress recommended but can't wait to go back to try more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekStepsiteVIPDined on 8/12/2014Restaurant week menu was so delicious and different. You should some of these items to your regular menu!
- TalulaDined on 8/9/2014From the outside doesn't look like much however the food and service were great.Special Features:
- Authentic but not greatPhillyCiderDined on 8/6/2014The lava bowl was very interesting but overall the food was bland. The restaurant was pretty low brow (ripped paper table clothes and missing air vents). I think this place has potential but they need to clean things up and spice up the menu more.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the La Cita reviews archive.
- Third time thereDragonVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was my third visit and I consider this restaurant one that I will visit weekly. Food is fantastic and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a lot of workMToffelVIPDined on 7/12/2014First off, the tiny place is not very comfortable. They squished many tables into this small place, and if you are unfortunate enough to arrive and get the last table that is right by the entranceway, it would suck. The guacamole leaves a lot to be desired, and the chips served with it were uber greasy. My husband had veggie fajitas, which was just a ton of squash and red peppers. Typically we see mushrooms as a veggie option for fajitas, but not here. My shrimp tacos were alright, and at $4.50 a piece a pretty good deal. The décor is pretty bad, and the staff is awkward. All in all, I actually prefer Don Pablos to this experience, and would probably not go back.
- SurprisedreggieVIPDined on 7/4/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the authentic tasting Mexican food here! Everything was fresh, with the entrees having developed good flavors. I would go back ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, almost missed this placeYouAskedMeIToldYouDined on 6/28/2014They opened a little over a year ago, but I never stopped in. Wanted reservations at another place through open table , but found that they no longer accept same day reservations after 3 pm. I was offered the option for other local places, and La Cita was one that was mentioned. We figured why not? We are SO GLAD that we found this place. Very good food, pleasant staff. Neighborhood gem. We plan on trying more of the wonderful items on the menu. Yes, very very good Mexican food is now in Cherry Hill~ what a great surprise.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMikeSrVIPDined on 6/25/2014La Cita is a great surprise; It is truly authentic Mexican food and was a total surprise to fine it in the middle of NJ. I have the lava rock bowl Molcajetes It was great. The sauce had the right spice and the flavor was out of this world. I had the steak and it was great. I would highly recommend La Cita.Special Features:
- Great Place for Mexican foodCharlieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Try the tamales for an appetizer - wonderful. The molacajete (a sizzling lava bowl) made with shrimp is a caldron of spicy, cheesy goodness.Special Features:
- Real Mexican, Really GoodStepsiteVIPDined on 6/10/2014If you want Mexican food drowned in cheese, this is NOT your place. Even the nachos come without cheese, but in the manner with beans that they would be prepared in the hometown of the chef. We dine here weekly and appreciate the authentic preparations and good tastes of the food. It is a BYOB so you can save on the liquour portion of your meal as well. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The prices are very fair, particularly for the quality of the food that is served. We will continue to dine here and recommend you try it.Special Features:
- ClipperDined on 5/5/2014This place was a great find! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Cinco de Mayo menu was greatGriffDined on 5/5/2014We visited La Cita again recently to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. The special menu was fantastic, we tried the special appetizer and two of the entree specials. This Cherry Hill BYOB is now our go to spot for great Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterStepsiteVIPDined on 5/4/2014we like this restaurant because it tries to stay authentic to its roots and not serve Americanized Mexican food. It is very small and we fear not being able to get a reservation as word gets out, but it is worth a try. Over the 10 times or so that we have dined here, the food - particularly the specials, have gotten better on each visit. Kudos to the kitchen and staff.Special Features:
- La Cita as solid as usualGriffDined on 5/2/2014We recently visited La Cita again and I'm happy to report that they are still "doing things right." We did have to wait a few minutes past our reservation time, but as usual it was worth the wait. I wandered off the menu to try both an appetizer and entree special and it was awesome. If you haven't tried La Cita yet, you should. The dining room is pretty small and you may have to wait a bit for a table to open up, but this Cherry Hill BYOB is worth a visit. cheers TG 5/6Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland foodJandJoutDined on 4/26/2014Yuck, this food is from the land of the bland... And some salt was just not enough to save it.
- Just OkExquisitDined on 4/26/2014Have been wanting to try this restaurant for a long time as it is so close to where I live. The menu is hard to digest...not much explanation of dishes. We are true Mexican food fans....this fell short of our expectations. The staff is wonderful and can't do enough for you! May try it again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014My first time there after seeing it as a new listing on Open table. Everything tasted fresh and homemade. A small basket of thick tortilla chips was served with a bean purée, my kids were fearful of the beans but they loved it! My seafood dish was perfectly seasoned, nothing was over salted. The tilapia was a bit overcooked. My husband's carnitas burrito was terrific, again, not over seasoned, the flavor of the pork really came through. I was disappointed in the tamale, too dense for my taste. My kids loved their flautas and tacos. The space is bright and cheery inside, a contrast to the dreary exterior which made me hesitant to try it after driving by it for many years. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The Real Deal!CeebeeDined on 4/18/2014La Cita is the real deal. Authentic home-cooked Mexican food. Marvelous! The restaurant is unpretentious and reasonably priced. Went with friends. Two of us had Molcajetes, one with steak and one with shrimp. The steak strips were cooked to perfection and the shrimp was delightful. My wife had a special with salmon and another of our group had vegetarian fair. All was excellent. The flan for dessert was the best we've had. The service was the best too.Special Features:
- Consistently goodmessyDined on 4/12/2014Reasonably priced neighborhood gem. Creative specials, and huge portions. There is always enough food to take home for lunch the next day. We can always count on a delicious meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- What to tryCharlieVIPDined on 4/9/2014Try the appetizer sampler, and the shrimp/bacon/cheese entree. Skip the vegetable soup.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Delicious, fresh tasting food in a welcoming casual environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!rw020VIPDined on 3/22/2014Fairly inexpensive and very high quality Mexican food. I think it might be the best Mexican I've ever had. It tastes wonderful, the portions are large and the prices are moderate. I've worked down the street for years and never knew this place existed. I'm almost afraid to tell anybody. If you like Mexican this place is a 100% must trySpecial Features:
- GreatGregDined on 3/15/2014Great! Lave Bowl was great! Been driving by this place for 20 years and never stopped by. Gem!Special Features:
- Not what you see outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Driving down Rt. 70 we would have kept going looks like a small dingy place but on e inside you see the authentic Mexican flare They place is small but the food is real from scratch Mexican, so if you are looking for a nice Mexican restaurant this is the place . we love to try new places and we were very happy with our meals. The place is BYOB so if you go take some beer or wine and enjoy. I would a reservation as I said the place is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014La Cita was a nice experience. Small, even a bit crowded, but very pleasant service, excellent Mexican food, and a great value. I recommend it.Special Features:
- small in size, but big in valueGriffDined on 3/1/2014We recently visited La Cita again and were as impressed as we were with our previous visits. There are only a few tables, so it can seem a bit "cozy" and without a reservation, you may have to wait a bit for a table, but its worth the wait. Excellent food, super service, and its a BYOB. need I say more? If you are a tequila fan, bring your favorite bottle and La Cita will supply the Margarita mix. enjoy. TG 3/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/23/2014I went there with 3 friends for a late lunch. It's a very small restaurant but they delivered in a big way on the food! It's authentic Mexican and it beats the chains hands down. All four of us had one of the specials and the food was fabulous. Even the nachos that we started with were not your typical chips with meat and cheese. These were many steps above! Our waitress was really nice and a great server. We made a reservation for lunch which we didn't need, but I'm sure you would need one for dinner. Great food, great service and very clean.Special Features:
- great Mexican foodFreddeBonairVIPDined on 2/12/2014This is a great find on rt. 70. Delicious food, friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JennVIPDined on 2/7/2014Delicious dinner and great service! Have passed this place for years, so happy to have found it on Open Table! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Third times a charm!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014I really enjoy the food at La Cita. Will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you're looking for AUTHENTICtaconyDined on 2/2/2014if you're looking for AUTHENTIC Mexican food - this is your place! From appetizers to dessert, no one in my party of seven was disappointed. The waitress knew the menu and the kitchen was willing to change a few items for someone who LOVES spicy foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeMartySVIPDined on 1/29/2014Food was ok but a little bland for our taste good quality nice people just ot for us.
- Our reservation was for 7Italia828Dined on 1/24/2014Our reservation was for 7 but our table wasn't ready till 7:30. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tacos and burritos.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2013Great tacos and burritos. Mole was ok. Food was fresh and goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Do The Basics RightStepsiteVIPDined on 12/27/2013La CIta is a good option for reliable, basic Mexican food prepared with fresh ingredients and served without fanfare. We like that the kitchen prepares its meals without smothering everything in cheese. The guacamole is worth a try. Prices are very reasonable with entrees in the 14-18 range. We return here regularly whenever we are in the mood for Mexican. It's a BYOB or BYOT, depending on your mood!I would recommend this to a friend.