213-215 Union Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacigognenyc.com/
- Phone: 7188585641
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Cigogne
Located in the lovely neighborhood of Carroll Gardens, this new french restaurant offers specialties from the North east region of France, Alsace. You will be able to enjoy the most authentic Alsatian cuisine such as Tartes Flambées & Spaetzles. They also offer traditional french dishes including the soup a l'oignon gratinee, salad Nicoise & steak tartare. Open everyday from 11am to 11pm Monday to Friday with no transition, as well serving a full brunch menu 10 am to 4 pm Saturday & Sunday This restaurant provides a subtle accent to the elegant bistro décor. The lively bonhomie of the bar area warmly envelops guests as they enjoy a cocktail at the bar or dine leisurely while the chimes of clinking glasses and the Art Deco sconces in the dining room invoke the transporting ambiance of a bustling Bistro In the summer, enjoy an afternoon drink on the charming outdoor terrace while experiencing the spectacular urban sunsets and la joie de vivre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cigogne reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Mixed reactionsstephanieDined on 9/14/2014Service is good at this spot that has seen many restaurants come and go. 2 out of 3 of us think this one will be short-lived, too, because the food is not particularly distinctive nor that true to Alsatian cuisine. The Tarte Flambee is a poor version of those I've eaten in Strasbourg, Ulm and even the Black Forest food truck, with what seems like steamed onions on top, and little browning. Spatzle with mushrooms were very rich, nicely chewy and better. The chicken-salmon-burger entrée offerings don't say "Alsace!", nor do the salads and most of the entrees. We had a nice Pinot Blanc at a good price.
- lovely neighborhood gemalexDined on 9/14/2014The owners make it feel like home! The tarte flambee is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has a lot of potentialAnnieDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant is cozy and comfortable. Decor is classy and sexy. The waitstaff was just ok. We ordered French fries, a flatbread and a ceasar salad. Fries came out withing minutes but the rest of the food took a long time. Other tables that sat after us got their food much sooner and it was obvious the owner/manager saw us looking around that he went to the back and came out with our food instantly. Follow up to see if we needed anything was slow and would have made a big difference. Overall I will go back for the food and the atmosphere but it could have been a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Great service, unique food, and pleasant ambiance. A welcome addition to the neighborhood, and definitely worth a trip from Manhattan! The two owners are passionate and knowledgable and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the La Cigogne reviews archive.