253 SE 5th Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacigaledelray.com/
- Phone: (561) 265-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from La Cigale
La Cigale, a Taste of the Mediterranean has had a rebirth in downtown Delray Beach, Florida. Just south of busy Atlantic Avenue on Federal Highway you will be swept away to the sights and smells of the Mediterranean Coastline. Think of the French Riviera, Morocco, Greece, Italy and delight in the cuisines of each.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cigale reviews from OpenTable diners
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerMikeDined on 10/3/2013Private dining for a romantic dinner, right in the middle of this quiet restaurant. Noise level allows for intimate conversation. Food is exceptional, creative and delicious. Wine & cocktails are well prepared & presented. Service is excellent and invisible, just there exactly when you need it. Never intrusive. Even the peach Melba for dessert was exactly what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdandpVIPDined on 9/21/2013Food, ambience and service are outstanding. We would highly recommend La Cigale to our most discerning friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceirdpDined on 9/7/2013This was our second time at La Cigale. The staff is extremely attentive without being intrusive. The food is wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingozzieVIPDined on 8/31/2013I wasn't sure how it would be once we enter since the ambiance was different (French flare ) also the crowd was older but well dressed / Now, the menu was good and the specials sounded great I ordered Dover sole and I tell you. it was terrific my wife had filet mignon and also found it to be excellent ! Service was outstanding We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French SurprisedrhdhomeVIPDined on 8/17/2013A bit expensive (probably $$$$, not $$$), but very good food and service. A little farther away from "downtown" Delray, but centrally located and very well attended. A great place for a large group party...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!delraydivaDined on 7/27/2013Delicious food and attentive service. The one disappointment - the cocktail was overpriced ($13 for 7 oz) and had a miniscule amount of alcohol in it (in this case a straight-up margarita with the tequila MIA). I should have said something; next time I will for sure. Note: we loved the restaurant so there will definitely be a next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteveDined on 7/26/2013Our waiter John N was excellent and the food was awesome. Great place for a special occasion and not far from Downton Delray Beach.Special Features:
- 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013From the moment we are greeted by a valet that remembers us every time to the moment we leave, we enjoyed incredible service. This restaurant gem sits off the Ave just enough to help you avoid the chaos you will sometimes find dining on the Avenue without sacrificing on a single part of the dining experience. Great service, great ambience, excellent food and reasonable prices make this one of our new favorite restaurants. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2013I had the most spectacular meal here with three friends that I feel compelled to write a review. the dover sole was cooked to perfection, my endive salad had the most delicious blue cheese, and the tarte tan was honestly the best I've had in years. Service was exceptional from start to finish; every course was impeccably timed which I find so rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour at the bar is great.tbaseVIPDined on 7/12/2013Happy hour at the bar is great. Nice friendly bartender who makes a great cocktail. 5$ tapas were really good, french fries with parmesan and truffle oil are outstanding as was the shrimp/chorzio skewer and all vegetable flatbread. Steak entree was cooked to perfection although the mussels were mostly tasteless.Special Features:
- A Nice Alternative to the AveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013ATMOSPHERE Furniture and Artwork are a bit outdated for such a high end restaurant, however, the ambiance is quaint and intimate. MENU When we read Mediterranean Cuisine we didn't think "Fine French Dining", so we were pleasantly surprised to find such classics as Escargot, Dover Sole, and Beef Bourguignon. Food is a bit pricey, but plenty of variety (pasta, fish, red meat, white meat) and a very affordable wine menu with most bottles under $55. FOOD QUALITY Excellent across the board. Our favorites were Vichyssoise (Soup), Escargot (App), Creme Brule (Dessert - MUST TRY) SERVICE Outstanding. OVERALL Food was great, but for the money / location I expected more. Nice for a change, but would only go back with an online deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the Avenue & worth it !MikeDined on 7/8/2013Had been wanting to go for years, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. So glad we finally went. The food was exceptional. The wait staff was experienced, helpful and pleasant. They have their standard menu and a 4 course price fixed, with so many selections, we were enchanted. Can't wait to go back to try more of their delicious dishes. AND the peach Melba was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been a loyal customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013Have been a loyal customer for years because of good French food, good service, good parking, and nice balance of fish and meat choices. We make the 60 mile drive to meet friends there who come from the opposite direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superlativeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2013Year after year, La Cigale provides an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Bad service , and no one caredbbjjVIPDined on 6/29/2013We arrived for our 7:30 reservation on time . We were seated in wine room a little less noisy there. Ordered bottle of wine. Put our order in for dinner told waitress not to rush . All 4 of us ordered appetizer , 2 ordered onion soup one lobster bisque and one caesuras salad no anchovies. Both onion soups were sour and not edible , the lobster bisque was all soup, no lobster and the caesura's salad tasted like it had anchovies in it. They took back bad soups. Before we turned around they brought out 4 dinners. We paid the bill and left at 8:25 , a total of 55 minutes.. Not very pleasant to spend 200.00 and be finished and out in under 1 hour. Owner manager came by said sorry about bad soup. That was it.Special Features:
- always greatHappyVIPDined on 6/22/2013great food, great service, beautiful restaurant, great for memorable ocasionsSpecial Features:
- A French Gem in DelrayBoca123VIPDined on 6/1/2013This French Restaurant has high standards and knows how to keep its loyal customers coming back. Service is always impeccable and friendly (not stuffy) and the food outstanding. Francis, the owner, always comes to salute us and our waiter, Alain, is the best! We would recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:
- Food and service were wayThetunesDined on 5/25/2013Food and service were way above average. A bit pricey bu worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013This was a new restaurant we tried. Happy hour was excellent with delicious trout kabobs! Dinner also very good, scallops and coppino wer excellent. Our guest tried the " french dinner" special and also raved. Worth trying and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner here. this247foodieVIPDined on 4/25/2013wonderful dinner here. this is our second time here, both visiting our parents in florida. it's WONDERFUL here....we'll definitely return.Special Features:
- Food ok...nothing special....waiterCardinalvVIPDined on 4/11/2013Food ok...nothing special....waiters left us waiting...won't be returning..too many better dining options in the area
- This restaurant is very attractivecoateddiVIPDined on 3/23/2013This restaurant is very attractive and the food was excellent. Strangely for such an expensive restaurant they could not make a piña colada for me and the beer list was pretty tepid. In addition we had a coupon which they neglected to apply to the bill until we reminded them. Sooo all was well except when you go to a place as expensive as this you expect everything will be perfect. However, we would go back again. The seafood creeps were especially delicious and the moussaka was wonderful.Special Features:
- We come down to our placeDonCeceDined on 3/12/2013We come down to our place in Florida JD always look forward to out meal at La Cigale! Outstanding food and wonderful service. A gem in Del Ray Beach.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2013Excellent food and service. Some people may find it too noisy when it's full. Very expensive.Special Features:
- everything was very goodTravellerVIPDined on 2/17/2013everything was very good service was a little rushed . we had a 7:30pm reservstion and we wgete in our csr by 9:00pm.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!DonCeceDined on 2/13/2013We travel to our second home from NY and always look forward to our meal at LaCigale....great food, wonderful service, and consistency across the board!....consistency in quality and service is what brings us back every time!Special Features:
- Have always loved this restaurant,cllumsVIPDined on 2/3/2013Have always loved this restaurant, however have not been for a couple of years. The food was not up to its previous standards. But we still enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Consistently just excellent.Rae1VIPDined on 2/2/2013Consistently just excellent. Food, service, ambiance. The best restaurant in Delray.Special Features:
- A nice upscale restaurantLainer105Dined on 1/30/2013A nice upscale restaurant located off the Atlantic Avenue restaurant strip. Fantastic service and a nice ambiance. Starters included escargots and wild mushroom casserole which was delicious. A unique take on the usual escargot in a butter garlic sauce. There was a mixup in the salad order, but was quickly fixed. Main course choices were seafood crepes and shrimp Provençal. Both were very good, but we felt were somewhat overpriced. No meal is complete without dessert; therefore we decided to try the warm golden apple tarte as well as the tiramisu. Good, but not outstanding. A nice touch was the owner checking on his patrons. We would return, but not w/o a coupon from restaurant.comSpecial Features:
- Always a wonderful evening.MavenVIPDined on 1/26/2013Always a wonderful evening. Food and service are wonderful. Owner is a very lovely, congenial man. We love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just order frites and salad!foodiefromohioVIPDined on 1/26/2013We waited over 40 minutes for our reservation . No member of management ever came by to apologize or to offer a complimentary drink or dessert in apology. The poor harassed hostess who was seating people did apologize, at least. I ordered the duck which was just ok. However, the plate was overwhelmed by a huge portion of mediocre mashed sweet potatoes and covered with green peas. Edible but far from gourmet. My husband had the mussels, which were too large for our taste. The best part of the meal were the frites accompanying the mussels and the baby arugula salad we shared. This was our first time at this restaurant. We will not return.
- Great RestaurantBoca123VIPDined on 1/23/2013Great restaurant with super friendly staff (from the hostess, to the bar tender and waiter and of course, Francis. We really appreciated the great service from Alain (we always request him as our waiter). He is very good at suggesting dishes, listening to our needs and making sure everything comes in perfectly done. It is a restaurant that we love, although it is best to go there for special occasions as it is somewhat expensive, especially drinks (Happy hour at the bar helps though).Special Features:
- Off the main downtown DelrayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2013Off the main downtown Delray strip, but delicious food. Definitely order the PEI Mussels, they literally melt in your mouth.Special Features:
- Nice varied menu and friendlyMellowfellowVIPDined on 1/3/2013Nice varied menu and friendly staff with a nice atmosphere.. We took my father here the night before we flew back home. it was an enjoyable meal. My father had been here a number of times in the past but not recently due to all the many restaurants in the area. He will be back again.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spotsValarieVIPDined on 12/24/2012One of our favorite spots in Delray! Great staff with a passion for food, wine and entertaining!Special Features:
- found the restaurant incrediblydiningproVIPDined on 12/22/2012found the restaurant incredibly loud- have been many time before and was never like this
- Excellent continental food.LanieDined on 12/21/2012Excellent continental food. Wonderfully staff. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Extremely attentive and professionaArtOVIPDined on 12/17/2012Extremely attentive and professional service. Superb smoked salmon appetizer. Delicious chicken francaise. Mediocre coq au vin.Special Features:
- disappointing visit with justneverhomeVIPDined on 12/8/2012disappointing visit with just average food. the 40 minute wait for our 8 pm reservation didnt help.. and then service was spotty after being seated. we shared an endive salad that was very good. one dinner of trout which got great reviews, petite osso bucco which was different as 4 small pieces of veal but nothing special to eat, and 2 choose a cold seafood platter of oysters, clams, crab meat and shrimp.Special Features:
- Food is very good, but couldPBGdinerVIPDined on 12/3/2012Food is very good, but could use a better winelist to go with it.Special Features: