LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
929 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lachapter.com/
- Phone: 2132359660x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Daily: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Micah Fields
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For larger parties, 15 or more, both dinning and receptions please contact Eavie Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
Local and organic ingredients, prepared with both classic and modern techniques, as part of the new food renaissance happening in Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (56)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (22)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (19)late-night find (18)romantic (10)scenic view (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Excellent Menu - Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Loved everything we ate. Kale salad • tuna poke • hangar steak. Service was great too.Special Features:
- Beautiful spacekitty22Dined on 10/22/2014They've really done an excellent job with the ACE Hotel in its entirety. It's definitely one of the newest gems in downtown Los Angeles. LA Chapter is a great, little spot for a bite. I'm not a drinker, but their cocktail list looks great! Food here is consistently tasty. I've been here several times, each time trying a different dish, and I've never left disappointed.Special Features:
- FlawlessTdiZDined on 10/16/2014This was my second great meal here. Chef Micah even come out to touch the table. The mussels, seabream pasta and oysters were impeccable. We had a great waitress too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Fun place. Good food! Nice job o sit outside. Service a bit slow but we were not in a rush.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food. Good service. A bit more pricey than I'm used to paying. Still, very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffIllTryAnythingOnceDined on 10/3/2014Was going to see a show at the Orpheum Theatre and wanted a place within walking distance, LA Chapter is only a block away so I decided to give it a try. Turns out I made a good call. The food was awesome, the wait staff very friendly and the price reasonable. Definitely try the cauliflower steak app and fresh ricotta, they both were really good. Next time I'm in the area I definitely will be going back to LA Chapter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One bad employee ruined the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014An eclectic and funky restaurant in a beautifully restored old hotel; we loved our friendly and knowledgeable waitress. The menu was quirky with choices from rabbit and octopus to hamburgers. The food was well conceived and, while generally tasty, a bit overcooked. Educated wine drinkers, the list had not one wine any of us had ever heard of on it. After dinner, we decided to go to the rooftop bar for a drink but were denied by a bouncer; as we turned to leave, one of the women in our group identified we had just had dinner and the bouncer allowed the 3 women to go up. The 2 men I was with had already exited after the initial rebuff. When I started to follow the 3, I was again turned away. None of us will ever set foot in there again.
- Ace Is CoolSchincatDined on 9/27/2014Very hip. Be sure to make a reservation. Great food and fun hip wait staff. Valet parking. The salmon was cooked very rare and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist in my own townEatingwell1Dined on 9/21/2014It's been great to see the upsurge downtown. The Ace Hotel and it's restaurant LA Chapter have improved the neighborhood by adding a late night place for great food and wonderful people watching. The atmosphere is beyond 'laid back', the guy seating us could have just walked in after boarding in Venice. The same could be said of most of the employees, but that's the feel not the reality. The service was wonderful, the waiter helpful and attentive, the food (swordfish) was fresh and full of flavor. For some reason I felt a lot like I was at the SoHo in NYC.Special Features:
- Hipsters Rejoice!veqanDined on 9/20/2014This is a great spot to eat for any type of occasion. Outdoor seating is the best since it takes you out of the "diner" type of setting from indoors. They have all sorts of food on the menu to fit every type of dietary need as well as picky individual. Drinks are over priced but that's not unusual type of thing in this part of the neighborhood. The waiters are awesome and very attentive and down to earth - overall, good vibe!Special Features:
- surprisingozgirlDined on 9/14/2014I was looking for a mid city downtown brunch place that was open on Sundays. Menu looked decent. Parked $5 at a lot nearby. A little nosy but vibrant energy. But the food was a nice surprise ! Lots of standard items tweaked in a very tasty, fresh way. Portions decent. Reasonable prices. The zucchini squash blossom cheesecake was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sceney but LegitladinerDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent as was service. Our entrees were slow in coming out and the server offered us complimentary dessert as an apology which was very nice. In general I highly recommend LA Chapter.Special Features:
- We Love LA Chapter!JayFagnanoVIPDined on 9/4/2014A great restaurant in our neighborhood - we find ourselves going there all the time. Staff is as friendly as can be (Melissa is a GREAT server) and we have watched the kitchen get more confident these past number of months and really hit their stride. Loved the watermelon salad this last time we were there - don't know how much longer it will be on the menu but so worth ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nightYukonDaveDined on 8/30/2014Great place to people watch and enjoy a good meal. The rabbit was very good and it was nice they had a good selection for everyone. The drinks are very good and the bar does a great job at making you anything.Special Features:
- In need of a makeoverJcosVIPDined on 8/30/2014The place is hip and trendy! and it is expensive. The menu is in need a revamp - and the Chef appears to be MIA. The Staff is polite and diplomatic, but have never been advise on proper service: Ladies are not served 1st, wine glasses are finger printed, waiters do not follow up on requests - as in "where is the food" silver ware is thrown on the table in replacement Waters reach across in front - ideal is serve from the left, pick up from the right
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Location: Hipster hotel Wait staff: Hipster (young, with tattoos) Ambiance: Hipster Food: Outstanding To be honest, I went to check out the hipster location. I came out impressed by the food and cocktails. Standouts included the gougeres, fennel and arugula salad, and rabbit. The sweet corn budino was a creative take on today's ubiquitous salted caramel pudding.Special Features:
- Worst food-best hotel.JodakitDined on 8/28/2014We ordered extensively from the menu as it was a special occasion and we are foodies. I have to say 'to miss the mark' on every plate, is really unheard of, although the Tuna Cervechie may be your saving grace, if any. It was a terrible food experience. The Decor ,service, room and the staff and view, were amazing.Special Features:
- WE had a good timeKatieDined on 8/26/2014The food was good, not outstanding. Up scale American, most entrees are very heavy. I ordered several small plates, good for sharing. Our waiter Armando was exceptional. Noisy and exposed, nice to go upstairs to the hotel bar to look out over the city after dinner. The bar upstairs makes terrible drinks, so keep it simple.Special Features:
- La chapter ace hotelfrancineDined on 8/23/2014Cool vibe - great food!! The bar is fun and the service was great. Definitely order the octopus starter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date night dinnerCLW1800Dined on 8/21/2014Dinned here before seeing a show at the neighboring Ace Theater. We were early for our reservation so we went up to the rooftop bar for a drink. I have to say, the rooftop is extremely underwhelming. Small, cramped, and not as chic looking as I was hoping from seeing so many photos. The only good thing going on up there is the view. Back down to the LA Chapter - Started with the gruyere pastry balls which were delicious, then the kale salad (spicy anchovy dressing was on point) then by far the best dish we had, the sea urchin chitarra.. is a must try. The rabbit loin was good but I felt the dish wasn't served warm enough, almost felt cold. Service was excellent. Waiter had an accent, he was very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- BronteDined on 8/20/2014Every Ace Hotel I've been to has great food, Downtown LA is no exception. Will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was great and nice variety of options. The grilled squid was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNeilDined on 8/16/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and was not sure what to expect. When we walked in I loved the decor but was unsure what this meant ofr our fancy night out. The service ended up being amazing, with super friendly staff. The cocktails were great, definitely try them with your meal or alone. She ordered the swordfish and I the lamb steak and both were fantastic, well worth the price and the trip to the restaurant. Thanks again to LA Chapter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Our Neighborhood Spot!JayFagnanoVIPDined on 8/13/2014There's nothing I don't love about LA Chapter or Ace Hotel. Food is great without being pretentious, staff is professional and friendly and the ambiance of the restaurant (as well as the bar upstairs) is perfect. We don't go on the weekends when it's understandably crowded but love dropping in at all hours of the day and night during the week. The Upstairs Bar last Wednesday was magical with the band that was playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced and annoyed waitressNeverGoingBackDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was not friendly and food was okay. Ordered the sea urchin I was starved and it came with 1 sea urchin. Seriously? My drink had no alcohol in it at all.Special Features:
- Always constant never disappointsTravelledVIPDined on 8/3/2014Every time I have brunch here I start thinking of booking for dinner as well . They even have a photo booth. It's one of those spots you have food envy of the next tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful restaurantluv2dine505VIPDined on 8/2/2014Came here on a Thursday night for dinner. The first drink tasted disgusting...second drink still gross but I could partially drink it this time. Bread and cheese was okay... ceviche was spicy and wayyy too salty. Our waitress was one of the rudest waitresses I have ever encountered. Attitude with everything from the get go. Overall one of the worst restaurants I have been to in a long time.
- Disasterous ServicedowntowninlaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Made dinner reservations before attending an event next door at The Ace Hotel. Quickly ordered drinks, appetizers and then our entrée. Drinks came quickly but appetizers took 40 minutes. We informed waiter that we needed to be timely for our event and 30 minutes later we still had no food. Manager apologized and stated the kitchen got backed up. We left LA Chapter without having dinner and insisting that we not be charged for our drinks and first course. The manager made numerous sincere attempts to apologize but it was the worst service I have had in any restaurant since moving to downtown 4 years ago.
- Winning CombinationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014We dined at LA Chapter at the Ace Hotel before seeing a film screening at the adjacent theatre. The server was very conscious of our schedule and made well educated menu recommendations. The rabbit, although rich, was excellently prepared as was the halibut and both were beautifully presented. People watching was great and the combination of the renovation of the old historic hotel and theatre and such a fabulous restaurant is sure to be a winner for revitalized LA!Special Features:
- PretentiousLAFBFOODIEDined on 7/20/2014No a fave brunch location, even though it was recommended as a "best brunch location" according to Eater.com. Not a fan. Party of 4, spent over $100 for Brunch. It wasn't bad, just a lot of attitude for staff. I can appreciate a hipster-vibe, but not when it is trying to hard to be cool.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I spent all this money to eat there and they can't even hook me and friends up to the rooftop bar. That's horrible service! The food is mediocre.Special Features:
- Cool vibe, excellent foodLRMB5Dined on 7/14/2014Really interesting menu, fascinating location. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Get-Together with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Great spot with REALLY good food & atmosphere, our friends brought their 1 and 3 year old's, it was a great time!Special Features:
- Solid menu & drinksJBergVIPDined on 7/5/2014The menu has just enough uniqueness to be interesting, with a killer cocktail menu to match. Dessert was a bit of a letdown, especially at $9. Service is okay; nothing memorable. The support staff is on top of things. A little overpriced, but you could do worse in downtown.Special Features:
- UniqueEjbbDined on 7/3/2014Unique food food would go back to try different dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the LA Chapter - Ace Hotel reviews archive.
- LyddDined on 6/29/2014Love the space. Brunch could have more variety on the menu. an omelet would be nice. (Egg sandwiches aren't for everyone) The service & ambience were really excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicemaryummyDined on 6/24/2014Came here for brunch. Had a chopped kale salad and Moroccan scramble, both were really great and worth the price. Service wasn't great. Our original server took orders for tables that were seated after us, once he finally took our order, he neglected us thereafter. We had to get the attention of another server so she could bring us a drink we didn't received with our food. The busboys were more attentive than the actual servers. Our water glasses were never empty. Love the vibe and ambiance of LA Chapter, we even went upstairs to enjoy the views of dtLA.Special Features:
- AniaAniaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful location in historic building in the middle of Downtown's action. Kale salad was tasty, menu had very interesting choices.Special Features:
- Delicious food & cocktails!SynchroswimmerDined on 6/20/2014I have never eaten a bad meal here! An added bonus are the terrific cocktails. I always bring out of town guests here to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end Cafe with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014The food was great, the decor was beautiful, the service was fantastic the only problem is, it was loud. I would consider this a high end Cafe with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.