LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
929 S Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lachapter.com/
- Phone: 2132359660x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3pm; Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Micah Fields
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For larger parties, 15 or more, both dinning and receptions please contact Eavie Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from LA Chapter - Ace Hotel
Local and organic ingredients, prepared with both classic and modern techniques, as part of the new food renaissance happening in Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
LA Chapter - Ace Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)hot spot (46)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (22)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)late-night find (15)romantic (10)scenic view (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- surprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014I was looking for a mid city downtown brunch place that was open on Sundays. Menu looked decent. Parked $5 at a lot nearby. A little nosy but vibrant energy. But the food was a nice surprise ! Lots of standard items tweaked in a very tasty, fresh way. Portions decent. Reasonable prices. The zucchini squash blossom cheesecake was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sceney but LegitladinerDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent as was service. Our entrees were slow in coming out and the server offered us complimentary dessert as an apology which was very nice. In general I highly recommend LA Chapter.Special Features:
- We Love LA Chapter!JayFagnanoVIPDined on 9/4/2014A great restaurant in our neighborhood - we find ourselves going there all the time. Staff is as friendly as can be (Melissa is a GREAT server) and we have watched the kitchen get more confident these past number of months and really hit their stride. Loved the watermelon salad this last time we were there - don't know how much longer it will be on the menu but so worth ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date nightYukonDaveDined on 8/30/2014Great place to people watch and enjoy a good meal. The rabbit was very good and it was nice they had a good selection for everyone. The drinks are very good and the bar does a great job at making you anything.Special Features:
- In need of a makeoverJcosVIPDined on 8/30/2014The place is hip and trendy! and it is expensive. The menu is in need a revamp - and the Chef appears to be MIA. The Staff is polite and diplomatic, but have never been advise on proper service: Ladies are not served 1st, wine glasses are finger printed, waiters do not follow up on requests - as in "where is the food" silver ware is thrown on the table in replacement Waters reach across in front - ideal is serve from the left, pick up from the right
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Location: Hipster hotel Wait staff: Hipster (young, with tattoos) Ambiance: Hipster Food: Outstanding To be honest, I went to check out the hipster location. I came out impressed by the food and cocktails. Standouts included the gougeres, fennel and arugula salad, and rabbit. The sweet corn budino was a creative take on today's ubiquitous salted caramel pudding.Special Features:
- Worst food-best hotel.JodakitDined on 8/28/2014We ordered extensively from the menu as it was a special occasion and we are foodies. I have to say 'to miss the mark' on every plate, is really unheard of, although the Tuna Cervechie may be your saving grace, if any. It was a terrible food experience. The Decor ,service, room and the staff and view, were amazing.Special Features:
- WE had a good timeKatieDined on 8/26/2014The food was good, not outstanding. Up scale American, most entrees are very heavy. I ordered several small plates, good for sharing. Our waiter Armando was exceptional. Noisy and exposed, nice to go upstairs to the hotel bar to look out over the city after dinner. The bar upstairs makes terrible drinks, so keep it simple.Special Features:
- La chapter ace hotelfrancineDined on 8/23/2014Cool vibe - great food!! The bar is fun and the service was great. Definitely order the octopus starter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date night dinnerCLW1800Dined on 8/21/2014Dinned here before seeing a show at the neighboring Ace Theater. We were early for our reservation so we went up to the rooftop bar for a drink. I have to say, the rooftop is extremely underwhelming. Small, cramped, and not as chic looking as I was hoping from seeing so many photos. The only good thing going on up there is the view. Back down to the LA Chapter - Started with the gruyere pastry balls which were delicious, then the kale salad (spicy anchovy dressing was on point) then by far the best dish we had, the sea urchin chitarra.. is a must try. The rabbit loin was good but I felt the dish wasn't served warm enough, almost felt cold. Service was excellent. Waiter had an accent, he was very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- BronteDined on 8/20/2014Every Ace Hotel I've been to has great food, Downtown LA is no exception. Will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Food was great and nice variety of options. The grilled squid was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNeilDined on 8/16/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and was not sure what to expect. When we walked in I loved the decor but was unsure what this meant ofr our fancy night out. The service ended up being amazing, with super friendly staff. The cocktails were great, definitely try them with your meal or alone. She ordered the swordfish and I the lamb steak and both were fantastic, well worth the price and the trip to the restaurant. Thanks again to LA Chapter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Our Neighborhood Spot!JayFagnanoVIPDined on 8/13/2014There's nothing I don't love about LA Chapter or Ace Hotel. Food is great without being pretentious, staff is professional and friendly and the ambiance of the restaurant (as well as the bar upstairs) is perfect. We don't go on the weekends when it's understandably crowded but love dropping in at all hours of the day and night during the week. The Upstairs Bar last Wednesday was magical with the band that was playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced and annoyed waitressNeverGoingBackDined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was not friendly and food was okay. Ordered the sea urchin I was starved and it came with 1 sea urchin. Seriously? My drink had no alcohol in it at all.Special Features:
- Always constant never disappointsTravelledVIPDined on 8/3/2014Every time I have brunch here I start thinking of booking for dinner as well . They even have a photo booth. It's one of those spots you have food envy of the next tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful restaurantluv2dine505Dined on 8/2/2014Came here on a Thursday night for dinner. The first drink tasted disgusting...second drink still gross but I could partially drink it this time. Bread and cheese was okay... ceviche was spicy and wayyy too salty. Our waitress was one of the rudest waitresses I have ever encountered. Attitude with everything from the get go. Overall one of the worst restaurants I have been to in a long time.
- Disasterous ServicedowntowninlaVIPDined on 7/22/2014Made dinner reservations before attending an event next door at The Ace Hotel. Quickly ordered drinks, appetizers and then our entrée. Drinks came quickly but appetizers took 40 minutes. We informed waiter that we needed to be timely for our event and 30 minutes later we still had no food. Manager apologized and stated the kitchen got backed up. We left LA Chapter without having dinner and insisting that we not be charged for our drinks and first course. The manager made numerous sincere attempts to apologize but it was the worst service I have had in any restaurant since moving to downtown 4 years ago.
- Winning CombinationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014We dined at LA Chapter at the Ace Hotel before seeing a film screening at the adjacent theatre. The server was very conscious of our schedule and made well educated menu recommendations. The rabbit, although rich, was excellently prepared as was the halibut and both were beautifully presented. People watching was great and the combination of the renovation of the old historic hotel and theatre and such a fabulous restaurant is sure to be a winner for revitalized LA!Special Features:
- PretentiousLAFBFOODIEDined on 7/20/2014No a fave brunch location, even though it was recommended as a "best brunch location" according to Eater.com. Not a fan. Party of 4, spent over $100 for Brunch. It wasn't bad, just a lot of attitude for staff. I can appreciate a hipster-vibe, but not when it is trying to hard to be cool.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I spent all this money to eat there and they can't even hook me and friends up to the rooftop bar. That's horrible service! The food is mediocre.Special Features:
- Cool vibe, excellent foodLRMB5Dined on 7/14/2014Really interesting menu, fascinating location. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Get-Together with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Great spot with REALLY good food & atmosphere, our friends brought their 1 and 3 year old's, it was a great time!Special Features:
- Solid menu & drinksJBergVIPDined on 7/5/2014The menu has just enough uniqueness to be interesting, with a killer cocktail menu to match. Dessert was a bit of a letdown, especially at $9. Service is okay; nothing memorable. The support staff is on top of things. A little overpriced, but you could do worse in downtown.Special Features:
- UniqueEjbbDined on 7/3/2014Unique food food would go back to try different dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LyddDined on 6/29/2014Love the space. Brunch could have more variety on the menu. an omelet would be nice. (Egg sandwiches aren't for everyone) The service & ambience were really excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServicemaryummyDined on 6/24/2014Came here for brunch. Had a chopped kale salad and Moroccan scramble, both were really great and worth the price. Service wasn't great. Our original server took orders for tables that were seated after us, once he finally took our order, he neglected us thereafter. We had to get the attention of another server so she could bring us a drink we didn't received with our food. The busboys were more attentive than the actual servers. Our water glasses were never empty. Love the vibe and ambiance of LA Chapter, we even went upstairs to enjoy the views of dtLA.Special Features:
- AniaAniaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful location in historic building in the middle of Downtown's action. Kale salad was tasty, menu had very interesting choices.Special Features:
- Delicious food & cocktails!SynchroswimmerDined on 6/20/2014I have never eaten a bad meal here! An added bonus are the terrific cocktails. I always bring out of town guests here to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end Cafe with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014The food was great, the decor was beautiful, the service was fantastic the only problem is, it was loud. I would consider this a high end Cafe with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing - Will definitely be back!CitygirlDined on 6/13/2014I had read a lot of reviews about the restaurant before going, and I didn't know what to expect, but this place was unbelievable. We got seated right at our reservation time (7pm on a Friday), it wasn't too loud, arrive was great, and everything we ordered was great. We had the pork chops and the local cheese and fruit plate. I made a note on my reservation that it was a special occasion and they surprised us with a delicious lemon tart for dessert. It was so good we came back for breakfast, which was also great. I will go back every time I'm in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hipcatmomVIPDined on 5/23/2014A new, edgy and terminally hip place in downtown LA. The food is good from a limited menu. More emphasis appears to have been place on the bar. The decor is VERY edgy and not very comfortable or warm.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the LA Chapter - Ace Hotel reviews archive.
- Loved the food.....butGlobalMomDined on 5/16/2014The noise oh the noise, i mean the music that got louder as the place filled. The food was imaginative, nicely plated and tasted great. However none of us could hear each other or have a conversation. With heads about to burst from the noise and the heat, we ate our main course and skipped dessert and cordials to find a more relaxing place. I love fine dining and beautiful places, but adding a thumping club vibe ruins the whole experience.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant ExperienceAlUnDined on 5/6/2014Bistro type, compact dining area. Table was ready at the reservation time. The service was very good. Both main courses were excellent. I ordered the special that was not on the menu, duck breast. All in all, a very good experience. Due to layout, kind of noisy, but for two people it wasn't an issue (it might be harder to hear in large groups.) I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good. Roof top betterFoodguruVIPDined on 5/6/2014Fun but not memorable. We love to head upstairs for cocktails. I'd suggest eating somewhere else and going to Top of the Ace if you want to come to the hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster Central with Great ServiceLouieDined on 4/16/2014The Good Stuff: really cool ambiance, beautiful decor and surroundings, great people watching. Awesome, attentive and kind service. The So-So: we expected more from the menu. It's basically a breakfast/snack menu. The Moroccan scramble was okay but somewhat greasy. The burgers were served on stale tasting buns. I'd recommend the libations.Special Features:
- OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014The biggest oysters I've ever had! Better than L&E oyster bar when it comes to the half dozen oysters, the mussels were really good as well and never ever forget the dessert. So. Good.Special Features:
- Great spot in downtown LACharlieVIPDined on 4/5/2014The hotel, the rooftop bar, the restaurant. A great time, good food, and plenty of fun. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Looking for a cool breakfastPlaywright55VIPDined on 4/2/2014TriedLA Chapter for breakfast on a Tuesday morning for a business meeting. Service was great. Food was very good, a bit off beat but that's what makes it cool. The chairs though have to go. So very uncomfortable. Again it is still a great find in downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something newFoodieDined on 3/21/2014Great atmosphere but the food falls short. Ordered the Brussels sprouts- nice and spicy, octopus- texture was off but flavor was good, duck breast- great dish all around, and the lamb- too gamey. The drinks were great and so was the service. Would go back since it is close to work but not running back anytime soon.Special Features: