' La Cerveceria
65 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
' La Cerveceria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacervecerianyc.com/
- Phone: 2127776965x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Thursday: 3pm - Midnight
Friday & Saturday 1pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: René Ibarra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from ' La Cerveceria
' La Cerveceria introduces Latin American tapas with sharp Peruvian influences and a concentration on American craft beers and new world wine from the realms of small and landmark producers. ' La Cerveceria celebrates a host of lime-influenced, cilantro-specked dishes. Crafted from the freshest ingredients available including organic and locally harvested finds, the restaurant builds upon the complex, classic flavors of Latin America, including marinated meats, seafood spice, hot habaneros dressed in flavorful sauces and subtle ceviches traditionally found south of the equator. With spice that has top toques raving, it goes down well with ' La Cerveceria’s standout list of New World suds. Our downtown New York City location, designed with natural woods, a marble bar, and a bright open kitchen that adds further warmth and provides the ideal setting for this new concept. Like the cuisine itself, ' La Cerveceria dining experience is updated, clean and high energy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
' La Cerveceria - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
' La Cerveceria reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (27)late-night find (25)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (25)hot spot (24)special occasion (20)great for brunch (20)scenic view (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Really great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Exceeded my expectations which is rare when I do not do research. Great flavor, Great service, great place!Special Features:
- Our favorite spot in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014We have been lucky enough to spend one month in New York (October) staying in the Lower East Side so we've been spoiled for great restaurants, but La Cerveceria is our favourite of all. Firstly the location is fabulous- the outdoor courtyard on the street front (2nd Avenue) is so atmospheric. and the food which is Peruvian tapas, is just amazing. We came here on a very busy night and it made no difference to the wonderful service we received. Every dish we tried was mouthwateringly great - so great that we will spend our last night in New York having a return visit to this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkitoDined on 10/21/2014Mar 21, 2013 excellent food, tasty, well cooked. I'm Italian and I was in NY for vacation, and I went to this place because an Italian friend talked to me about it. The crew (waiters and owners) are very nice. The choice of beers is dazzling - the only challenge is to find a brew that's not super strength. Perhaps we shouldn't have been surprised when, after sampling the beers, we asked for a wine list and were met with slight bafflement from the waiting staff that we'd decided not to choose another beer. But it didn't matter because there was a good selection of wines ideally suited to the food. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the tapas!EliasDined on 10/21/2014My daughters and I grabbed a quick meal here before seeing Stomp at The Orpheum. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My daughter loved the burger bites. The fried cauliflower was scrumptious, as were the patates fritas! The yucca was tasty, the dipping sauces were yummy. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Wine & Beer list.Foodie1Dined on 10/21/2014Went for dinner after a show (Blue man group) and found this Peruvian restaurant close by. We were curious... It was a very pleasant surprise! We asked the friendly waiter for his recommendations and followed most of them. We ordered many small plates and shared. I highly recommend the Goat cheese fritters, Tuna tartar, Peruvian empanadas, Calamari frito and, best of all, the Perivuan style ceviche. The deserts we tried were also very very tasty. The beer selection is amazing! We had a very good amber ale. Service was very friendly and efficient. La Cerveceria is definitely a place I'd like to visit again. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZiziDined on 10/21/2014Went to visit this peruvian restaurant This week I dont think I have ever experienced a better value for money in my whole life. The menu and the food was fantastic. The wine (the house wine) was just as fantastic. After dinner we wanted a beer. The owner came ro our table and talked about beers and breweries. He even knew the little danish special brewery from our town, and shortly after brought us a beer from that specific brewery......and he didnt charge us for the beer. Aparently they have 140 different beers on the menu. My best restaurant experience in NY and one of the best ever.Special Features:
- Delicious Tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014"Delicious small plates that included a Lobster Guacamole that was outstanding. An extensive Ale and Beer list. Unique wines. Attentive service. They also have outdoor seating or quiet tables inside if you prefer. We will definitely be going back."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSisiDined on 10/16/2014One of the best date spots in the East Village! Great food, very friendly and attentive staff and great drinks. East village fine dinning at its best! Eric, our waiter was personable and really knows the menu. Plates were immediately cleared by us, and then the staff, who genuinely enjoy working there. We'll be back soonSpecial Features:
- Extensive beer list!SisiDined on 10/16/2014We started off with the flight combo-4 beer flights for 15 bucks-and sangria. All the beers were excellent and the sangria was light and fruity. Javier was very knowledgeable about the beer selections when we were trying to decide what to order. For food, we tried the kale salad and the quesadillas, both also delicious. We're vegetarian, so the fact that the majority of the menu was vegetarian was a major plus for us. And surprising for a South American joint. Can't wait to go back and get the goat cheese fritters and the Peruvian potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best ceviche!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I Was looking for a place in this area we could eat at but also meet friends for drinks. This place totally worked out. Great beer list, lots of wine, amazing staff (like really fantastic, personable and I feel like I made new friends) and really good food. We had ceviche, kale salad (what kind if peppers are those?! Yum!!) fish tacos and Brussels sprouts. Everything was great. Our friends came later and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating - moving us to a bigger table, making sure we always had drinks. This is my new favorite place in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.RoroDined on 10/16/2014La Cerveceria was an overall excellent experience for my boyfriend and I. The owner and our server Miguel were delightful--fun, good-humored, and attentive. They even gave us a round of beer on the house, which I found very rare for an NYC restaurant. I NEVER get free drinks unless I'm drinking at a place where a friend works. And this wasn't the cheap stuff! It was high-quality brewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodDollyDined on 10/16/2014La Cerveceria has a great atmosphere and delicious food! The steak tacos are out of this wold and the avocado causas are phenomenal! The service is great, all of the employees are incredibly friendly! They have a big selection of drinks, there is truly something for everyone. I would definitely recommend La Cerveceria for a nice dinner or a classy drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best small plates2foodiesDined on 10/14/2014Delicious small plates that included a Lobster Guacamole that was outstanding. An extensive Ale and Beer list. Unique wines. Attentive service. They also have outdoor seating or quiet tables inside if you prefer. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative good foodMarioDined on 10/11/2014We are vegetarian and all the options were flavorsome. Decent variety of options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair food. Poor managementSyracusemomVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was lackluster. The management was very poor. The only good thing was the variety of beer. We would not go back. There are too many better restaurants out there.
- Super findSnowAngelsVIPDined on 9/29/2014Easily our favorite of the holiday amongst stiff competition. Every dish we tried was freshly prepared and well presented. All were super tasty. Beef spare ribs were awesome. Fried brussel sprouts were awesome. Panna Cotta was sublimely divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but flavorfulPumpyDined on 9/22/2014Huge beer menu. Red sangria delicious. The small plates are quite small but the flavors were great. Goat cheese fritters a highlight. Service was very good. Just seemed expensive for the amount of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant FindFrankDined on 9/16/2014We went because of a Scout Mob deal not knowing what we would find. We were delighted with the very pleasant sidewalk seating, the warm concern of the staff and, most importantly, every dish we tried was well to our liking. The wine was good and priced well. We will definitely return and will recommend it to friends from the several theaters in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic tapas barfreemaxouVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great location with terrace outside Good tapas & winesSpecial Features:
- Great experience!MeltonVIPDined on 9/3/2014This beer house and tapas joint turns out some serious food. Everything we tried - from the quinoa salad, to the lobster guacamole, to the ceviches and the chicken and steak skewers were not just good, but delectable. Huge selection of beers. I'll definitely be going back. Often.Special Features:
- FancyDined on 8/31/2014Went there with 3 of my friends, the seating was tight but it didn't bother me. Other then that the service and food were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place decoration is awesome. Well decorated, but tables are very close. Service, was awful, I saw not hostess to takes care of your reservation, You have to stop a Waiter to be sit down. We ordered Peruvian ceviche, I repeated two times in Spanish, they gave me Asian ceviche. I just let it go, to try it, tasteless. Ceviche is marinated in lime juice, but the condiments make a good balance that you do not feel that acid, how ever I tasted just lime juice. Lobster guacamole, regular to bad, but not worth what you pay. Sangria, horrible, it tasted like they just make it in the moment, mix wine with a couple of juices, nothing like real sangria, and on top of it, It was full of ice. I will give another chance later, it has good potential.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceSergioDined on 8/24/2014Awesome service. Awesome beer selection. Local and international selection. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely space.SisiDined on 8/24/2014This is one of my top favorite tapas place in NYC. sooo freaking goood. almost everything is lovely. the best has to be the Lobster Guacamole. fresh and plentiful! will definitely be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotSisiDined on 8/24/2014Was walking around East Village when I stumble upon this cute place. Took advantage of the weather and sat outdoors with a couple of friends. They had a great selection of wine and the staff is very knowledgeable. Their goat cheese fritters was amazing!!!! I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing beer list.RoroDined on 8/24/2014Was walking around East Village when I stumble upon this cute place. Took advantage of the weather and sat outdoors with a couple of friends. They had a great selection of wine and beer. The staff is very knowledgeable. Their goat cheese fritters was amazing!!!! I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice beer listDollyDined on 8/24/2014This is one of my top favorite tapas place in NYC. sooo freaking goood. almost everything is lovely. the best has to be the Lobster… Beer list is extensive! You can find beer from almost any countries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotNikitaDined on 8/24/2014"I took my parents there for dinner as we all enjoy tapas and thought peruvian tapas would a nice change. The fish ceviche was very refreshing and zingy, the skirt steak skewer sooo tender and tasty, the chicken empanadas sweet and crunchy, the goat cheese fritters very delicate and the mushroom peruvian potaoes earthy. It was outstanding! We ordered the chocolate truffle for dessert and the chef actually also offered us the panna cotta which was, you guessed it, delicious too! Service wise they were extremely attentive without being overbearing. It was just perfect. I highly recommend it!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great time! The Steak skewers are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+EugeneDined on 8/16/2014The beef and salmon were delicious. I'd definitely go back. Friendly waiters and not very expensive. For two entrees, one dessert, one coffee, tax and tip I paid about $62.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, beer, wine and conversationtheRevDined on 8/15/2014Everyone enjoyed their tapas, I had fish tacos (gluten free tortillas). They were served hot and fresh. We could enjoy a table conversation in a perfectly lit dining room, not too dark, not too light. Service was attentive and there was outside seating too. Music was good background but not too loud that we couldn't hear each other. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!pretheaterdinerDined on 8/14/2014Lobster guac was great. Skewers all delic. Service on point. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst food I've ever hadKK13nycDined on 8/14/2014WORST food ever eaten. Nothing was made in kitchen or made from fresh ingredients. Quacamoli was not made to order and mouse like texture (from a jar) Steak tacos were greasy, salty and fatty. The sangria was a joke, more like a glass of peach schnapps. Literarily this was the worst food I've ever had. Too bad because the Resturant it's self is very charming with great outdoor seating.
- Amazing BEER list!gr8foodVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is a really fun place to pair food with beer -- we loved trying beers we had never heard of. Service was a bit off in terms of timing (we had to "catch" a server walking by to ask for things) but that really didn't take away from how fun it was. We shared everything -- lots of small plates and bottles of beer that we shared so we could try a lot. So fun.Special Features:
- DelightfullibertyroseDined on 7/26/2014The service was impeccable and the lobster guacamole was the hit at our table. Great beer and wine list. We dined outside and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the city on a late Saturday afternoon - we will definitely indulge here again.Special Features:
- great beer selectionkshin13Dined on 7/22/2014Great beer selection. Good good. Nice decor. Wonderful wait staff (even with a living social coupon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jallmVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was very nice. It was a rainy Monday night, so few people in restaurant. Service was inattentive. Would have been better with backs on bar seats. Regular tables only outside with rain seeping in.
- Strongly recommended!GigiDined on 7/7/2014Once upon a time there was a Burp Castle. Unfortunately they went down the drain... service wise. Now, There is a La Cerveceria. If you are a beer lover this is the place! 46 American craft beers!!! Also lots of German, Dutch, Belgian and other. Amazing tapas and friendly service. A gem for brew aficionados. Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!MCallNYDined on 7/5/2014Had dinner here last Saturday night, 8pm reservation. Chose to sit inside, which was surprisingly quiet, though that changed an hour or so into dinner. The food was delicious. Perfect for sharing with the lobster guacamole, mushroom, salmon, and braised short ribs being standouts. The beer and wine list is extensive and the cocktails are not to be outdone. Top this off with dessert and cappuccino and you leave satisfied. Perfect for large groups, who enjoy sharing as portion sizes ran a bit large for two sharing.Special Features:
- The following 432 reviews are from the ' La Cerveceria reviews archive.
- neighborhood findFranVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good spot to sit outside and relax and have a drink and some light bites- tapas style. Appetizer portions are on the small size.Special Features: