' La Cerveceria
65 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
' La Cerveceria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacervecerianyc.com/
- Phone: 2127776965
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Thursday: 3pm - Midnight
Friday & Saturday 1pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: René Ibarra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from ' La Cerveceria
' La Cerveceria introduces Latin American tapas with sharp Peruvian influences and a concentration on American craft beers and new world wine from the realms of small and landmark producers. ' La Cerveceria celebrates a host of lime-influenced, cilantro-specked dishes. Crafted from the freshest ingredients available including organic and locally harvested finds, the restaurant builds upon the complex, classic flavors of Latin America, including marinated meats, seafood spice, hot habaneros dressed in flavorful sauces and subtle ceviches traditionally found south of the equator. With spice that has top toques raving, it goes down well with ' La Cerveceria’s standout list of New World suds. Our downtown New York City location, designed with natural woods, a marble bar, and a bright open kitchen that adds further warmth and provides the ideal setting for this new concept. Like the cuisine itself, ' La Cerveceria dining experience is updated, clean and high energy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
' La Cerveceria - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
' La Cerveceria reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (13)notable wine list (13)romantic (12)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place decoration is awesome. Well decorated, but tables are very close. Service, was awful, I saw not hostess to takes care of your reservation, You have to stop a Waiter to be sit down. We ordered Peruvian ceviche, I repeated two times in Spanish, they gave me Asian ceviche. I just let it go, to try it, tasteless. Ceviche is marinated in lime juice, but the condiments make a good balance that you do not feel that acid, how ever I tasted just lime juice. Lobster guacamole, regular to bad, but not worth what you pay. Sangria, horrible, it tasted like they just make it in the moment, mix wine with a couple of juices, nothing like real sangria, and on top of it, It was full of ice. I will give another chance later, it has good potential.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great time! The Steak skewers are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+EugeneDined on 8/16/2014The beef and salmon were delicious. I'd definitely go back. Friendly waiters and not very expensive. For two entrees, one dessert, one coffee, tax and tip I paid about $62.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, beer, wine and conversationtheRevDined on 8/15/2014Everyone enjoyed their tapas, I had fish tacos (gluten free tortillas). They were served hot and fresh. We could enjoy a table conversation in a perfectly lit dining room, not too dark, not too light. Service was attentive and there was outside seating too. Music was good background but not too loud that we couldn't hear each other. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!pretheaterdinerDined on 8/14/2014Lobster guac was great. Skewers all delic. Service on point. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst food I've ever hadKK13nycDined on 8/14/2014WORST food ever eaten. Nothing was made in kitchen or made from fresh ingredients. Quacamoli was not made to order and mouse like texture (from a jar) Steak tacos were greasy, salty and fatty. The sangria was a joke, more like a glass of peach schnapps. Literarily this was the worst food I've ever had. Too bad because the Resturant it's self is very charming with great outdoor seating.
- Amazing BEER list!gr8foodVIPDined on 7/31/2014This is a really fun place to pair food with beer -- we loved trying beers we had never heard of. Service was a bit off in terms of timing (we had to "catch" a server walking by to ask for things) but that really didn't take away from how fun it was. We shared everything -- lots of small plates and bottles of beer that we shared so we could try a lot. So fun.Special Features:
- DelightfullibertyroseDined on 7/26/2014The service was impeccable and the lobster guacamole was the hit at our table. Great beer and wine list. We dined outside and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the city on a late Saturday afternoon - we will definitely indulge here again.Special Features:
- great beer selectionkshin13Dined on 7/22/2014Great beer selection. Good good. Nice decor. Wonderful wait staff (even with a living social coupon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jallmVIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was very nice. It was a rainy Monday night, so few people in restaurant. Service was inattentive. Would have been better with backs on bar seats. Regular tables only outside with rain seeping in.
- Strongly recommended!GigiDined on 7/7/2014Once upon a time there was a Burp Castle. Unfortunately they went down the drain... service wise. Now, There is a La Cerveceria. If you are a beer lover this is the place! 46 American craft beers!!! Also lots of German, Dutch, Belgian and other. Amazing tapas and friendly service. A gem for brew aficionados. Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!MCallNYDined on 7/5/2014Had dinner here last Saturday night, 8pm reservation. Chose to sit inside, which was surprisingly quiet, though that changed an hour or so into dinner. The food was delicious. Perfect for sharing with the lobster guacamole, mushroom, salmon, and braised short ribs being standouts. The beer and wine list is extensive and the cocktails are not to be outdone. Top this off with dessert and cappuccino and you leave satisfied. Perfect for large groups, who enjoy sharing as portion sizes ran a bit large for two sharing.Special Features:
- neighborhood findFranVIPDined on 6/26/2014Good spot to sit outside and relax and have a drink and some light bites- tapas style. Appetizer portions are on the small size.Special Features:
- Tapas & BeercrisVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was a great place to go after theater or local event. The extensive beer list justifies its name. we ordered a number of small plates and they were all terrific. Lobster guacamole did have real lobster chunks throughout and the Argentine empanadas were full of tasty meat. The dipping sauces for the yucca fries enhanced the flavor. The customers all seemed happy to be there and the service was a bit scattered but very friendly once they engaged your attention. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great as usualExcellentDined on 6/17/2014Excellent Tapas as usual , consistent great flavor and good presentation. Lobster Guacamole and Skirt Steak were fantastic plus we paired them to the Alalgash Curiex aged in Bourbon barrals. Wow !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Ambienceluv2dineDined on 6/15/2014Took my dad here with the family for Father's Day we all had a great time! Try the Champagne Sangria! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option on lower 2nd AveWestVillageHoodRatDined on 6/11/2014Visited on a Wednesday night before a show and enjoyed all aspects of the meal. The kale salad and lobster guacamole were both stand outs.Special Features:
- Bland food, nice outdoor seatingthebravesVIPDined on 6/8/2014The food was all a variation on the same thing - drenched in a red, mildly spicy sauce. I ordered several items and they all tasted the same because they had this sauce on them. Service was not stellar - could not even understand my waiter. Outdoor seating area is nice though.Special Features:
- Great PeruvianCT01VIPDined on 5/27/2014I've eaten at many Peruvian restaurants, and this is one of the best ones. Their ceviches are fresh and fabulous, and everything else is delicious too! And do keep a little spot for the Pana Cotta which is the best you'll have anywhere. The restaurant is small and cozy, and service is friendly and efficient. When the weather is pleasant, you can sit out on the sidewalk. If you like beers, they have a huge variety from around the world. Finally, the price is very reasonable by NYC standards, and the quality tops. Great food and great deal by any standard.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicegourmetgourmandDined on 5/26/2014I took my parents there for dinner as we all enjoy tapas and thought peruvian tapas would a nice change. The fish ceviche was very refreshing and zingy, the skirt steak skewer sooo tender and tasty, the chicken empanadas sweet and crunchy, the goat cheese fritters very delicate and the mushroom peruvian potaoes earthy. It was outstanding! We ordered the chocolate truffle for dessert and the chef actually also offered us the panna cotta which was, you guessed it, delicious too! Service wise they were extremely attentive without being overbearing. It was just perfect. I highly recommend it!
- Amazing FoodLuv2wineDined on 5/23/2014Top of my tapas list! I'll start off by saying ...What the HELL? Why have I not been here before? Why was I missing out on this ridiculously delicious food! Delicious Sangrias! Beer and wine list is impressive! Good was tasty and delicious! Skirt steak is tender and marinated perfectly! Salmon was fresh and sauce was perfect accompanying it. The service was also wonderful here, I love a place where they are on top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian Tapas WinnerTomtenDined on 5/18/2014We had an excellent meal. The fish tacos and quinoa salad were very good, the steak skewers were excellent, and the causas with mushrooms were superb. Wine choices were very good, and prices were reasonable. The service was friendly and fun. Although the crowd tends to be young, we had a couple of 80-year olds in tow, and they fit right in. Service can be a bit slow, so leave time to chat. The only thing I would improve is to expand the liquor license beyond beer and wine so they can pisco sours.Special Features:
- pauloooDined on 5/11/2014If you like small plates and a variety of tastings, then this place is perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful servicePaul725Dined on 5/11/2014I went to La Cerveceria for Mother's Day. We were a group of 8 and the food, service and drinks were wonderful. I highly recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceNYCFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Good prices, good food, good drinks. We liked it for brunch and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014I booked this place for lunch so my sister and I take our mom for mother's day. Overall, our experience was good. The wait staff was friendly and willing to help with menu options, food was good. The only disappointment we had was that for 1 PM they only had brunch menu (very limited). The lunch menu starts at 3 PM (what?). When I was booking, I was looking at the lunch menu which looked very good, so this was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Great food fun placegems6799Dined on 5/9/2014Great food and service. We brought our 2 boys for early dinner and were treated so wonderfully.. Servers recommended all the dishes and I choose their beers and wine! So many selections of foods, beer and wine. I came across couple countries on the menu that never thought they produces beer..lol Sorry, No full bar! I would definitely return again because of warmth welcome/service and great food.Special Features:
- CmddVIPDined on 5/7/2014Staff was extremely nice and helpful. The server made excellent food recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 416 reviews are from the ' La Cerveceria reviews archive.
- Delicious...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great service and food. The White Champagne Sangria is excellent!Special Features:
- Will be back againFrezzieDined on 4/28/2014We went with a Living social voucher. The menu was limited BUT everything we had was excellent! Ceviche, arugula salad (not sure why it was so good, but it was incredible), some mushroom and potato dish and salmon. Very impressed all around with the food and excellent service. I was there once before for drinks and a few small plates and it was excellent that time also. Nice cozy comfortable placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chance encounterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Walked in was greeted as if I had been part of the family. Proceeded to sit and enjoy the conversation of my date for three hours eating and drinking and each plate was better than the firstSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KBelaDined on 4/22/2014My friend and I stumbled upon this restaurant and were blown away at how amazing it was!! The wait staff were very friendly and courteous, the food was incredibly done! All the ingredients thoughtfully put together to create mouthwatering dishes. I go out to various restaurants throughout the city, but was blown away by this one! I'm definitely coming back!! Menu items to try: Lobster Guac Ceviche (any of them) Skirt Steak (we had the plate, which was awesome but I'm sure the skewers are just as good)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchluv2eatDined on 4/20/2014My family of 4 are scattered within the NJ, and NY Boroughs and LI, so we decided to meet in Manhattan, and they let me pick the place. I found this delightful place on Open Table, not realizing that the name translates to The Brewery or something like that. Well we decided to pick off the menu at 2:30 rather than the brunch as we all had eggs for breakfast. We enjoyed our choices immensely and the 2 beers were great ... though the bloody mary was not very tomatoie. It was by far the most happening place of other choices in the immediate area. Looking forward to going backSpecial Features:
- Tapas were excellent!SergioDined on 4/18/2014I Had a wonderful time! The tapas are excellent. I'd re-order everything we got!!! Peruvian ceviche, steak skewers, goat cheese cake. Service is exceptional here. Very friendly and kind to your wants, they offered their help from opening the door to the restaurant to letting us taste the wine and beer selection, which is extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodParkscofferDined on 4/10/2014Nice looking place, the menu sounds fun, the drinks list is good, but three out of four dishes we shared were very average. Heavy, monotone. Not enough heat or light.
- SO GOOD!DanaVIPDined on 4/9/2014The food is soooooooo good! Everything we got was delish - but the fried goat cheese and the brussel sprouts were out of this world. Looking forward to going back! And great music!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ShawnDined on 3/23/2014friendly service. delicious food. wonderful decor. fab wine list. Extensive beer list. whats not to love? I' will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groups!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014No hassle reservation, friendly service, nice ambience, good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud!!!Suziwilson10VIPDined on 3/21/2014Fun and good food, but it was so loud we couldn't hear descriptions of food items, we had to wait a very long time for food and we we're told that they lost our order and dessert would be on the house. We ended up ordering dessert and we were still charged for it.....not cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Fun VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014Overall experience was great. Tapas style menu so very fun to share plates with a group. The Chilean empanadas was the standout dish to us. The only dish below par was the lobstor guacamole. The guacamole was very cold as if it had been just thawed. The lobster was very good however. Staff were super friendly and accomodating. Great place to try different beers as well.Special Features: