La Cena Restaurant
2233 Galloway Rd.
Bensalem, PA 19020Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Cena Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacenarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2156399969x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: CLOSED. Opened only for pre booked events. Call for details!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday. Great bands all with their own unique style!
A word from La Cena Restaurant
La Cena Ristorante has been in the heart of Bensalem, PA for 25 years and we are still going strong! We offer delicious and authentic Italian food that is made with only the freshest ingredients. We offer a full bar that comes complete with live entertainment and, we also offer delicious daily specials in addition to our traditional menu. At La Cena we are proud to offer a fine dinning experience at a great price. Simply put, we aim to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cena Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- restaurantrickVIPDined on 8/16/2014every time we go here the food is excellent great entertainment and the service is impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessMDined on 8/8/2014My husband & I came for dinner in a Friday night, they had live music & a really nice atmosphere. I love how the tables are set up in different sections, it makes the experience seem more personal. The staff was great & the food was phenomenal. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantasticFredDined on 7/25/2014Had an appetizer of flambé cheese and fruit, that was so wonderful words cannot describe.Special Features:
- OUT2muchVIPDined on 5/30/2014Happy Hour, Music almost every night, good food,pleasant servers,what else could you ask for. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the La Cena Restaurant reviews archive.
- Consistent qualityAFSEcatsDined on 4/28/2014The food is always good! the service is attentive. Ample space with the seating arrangements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMikewiremannDined on 4/19/2014This was probably the twentieth time me and me have been to LA Cena and as always it was a wonderful dying experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a romantic dinnerDinner42Dined on 3/1/2014My date and I enjoyed the band that was playing very much so. It got loud a few times but that didn't bother us too much. Food was pleasing, not outstanding but very good classic Italian. No vegetarian friendly food options (though they accommodate to your needs). Service was very attentive and got annoying at times. Where we would sip our glass of water and they would refill it right away... Also the waitress talked about the specials for about 10 minutes and we had to keep in our laughter. Eventually I'll return because its a good last minute place to eat (though we made reservations) but we aren't in a hurry to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picked La Cena as a mid pointFunAuntDined on 2/27/2014Picked La Cena as a mid point to meet my niece so we could go to dinner when they came to town. It also happened to be my Dad's birthday. The staff was excellent & very accommodating. They even made something that was not on the menu for my Mom. The food was delicious. When it came time to serve dessert, the band announced my Dad's birthday and they sang Happy Birthday to him along with the staff. It was very touching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day ValueFood4ThoughtDined on 2/14/2014Was looking for a nice place for a Valentine's Night dinner near Parx Casino (wife loves to gamble). Found LaCena on the web with great reviews. It did not disappoint. We went with another couple who said food was great. We agreed! Service was very good for a a busy night and they even gave the girls a rose. Recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Amblr parking, easy access and good bar with music. Truly a place to have a good dinner and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISEDRICHEVIPDined on 2/8/2014That is how I felt after eating there. Didn't think there was a really good restaurant in Bensalem PA. I was wrong. LaCena was great. It started with the servers,they couldn't be nicer. Then the food, excellent. There was live entertainment in the bar area. You could hear it but it wasn't so loud it disturbed diner. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Italian FindmrmontcoVIPDined on 12/19/2013Excellent, Excellent...The food, wine, service, music. A totally enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet 1/2 wayJoyceNJDined on 11/23/2013We were looking for a place 1/2 way between our NJ home and our cousin's home in PA. Found La Cena on TripAdvisor and it had great reviews. We were not disappointed. Service and food were both very good. Music was fabulous but a little loud for comfortable conversation. Maybe if we were seated a bit further it would have been easier to talk to each other. All and all we had a lovely evening. Especially since we sat there for a very long time. Thank you.Special Features:
- rubber chicken bluesBiggOttoVIPDined on 11/2/2013My veal was OK, wife's chicken was a bouncy processed slab.Special Features:
- Great Bronzino!BarbaraVIPDined on 10/12/2013I have been to La Cena approximately 10 times in the past year. Always a great meal and positive experience! They have the best Bronzino (whole fish filleted tableside).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE NIGHT OUT!OUT2muchVIPDined on 9/21/2013Husband and I went out for a nice dinner and some music. They must have a lot of regulars because we couldn't get a table to see, but we where able to hear,the music. Food was good, will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations were well exceeded2ralphsVIPDined on 7/26/2013We were looking for a location for a quick dinner before attending a family event in the area. Being unfamiliar with the area, we used Open Table to find this restaurant, and assumed we'd have an OK experience. Well it was much better than OK. The food was excellent and our server couldn't have been more pleasant. It's clearly a place for regulars, but we did not feel out of place as first-timers. If our travels take us back to this area, we'll be sure to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FIndOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2013Love this place. My husband and I really have enjoyed every meal we have had here. He always gets the specials and is never disappointed. The serving size is adequate but not over done. The service is friendly and very professional. They really aim to please here and will honor any special requests without hesitation. We use to take out of town business people here, but now we just enjoy it anytime. Pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Wine, and Music in BensalemDelcoDined on 4/13/2013My husband and I were traveling to Bensalem for a jazz concert and decided to try this restaurant. We called to let the staff know that we were running a little late and were greeted on the phone by a friendly lady who assured us that our table would be saved. There was a singer in the bar area who smoothly sang 70's music from Sinatra to old school R&B tunes. Our meal was wonderful. My husband loved his Italian wedding soup and pasta dish. I enjoyed salad and a signature chicken dish. The wine we chose, a red blend, was reasonably priced and complimented our meals perfectly. The cappuccino served is real and went well with the lemon tort that we shared. If we get back to Bensalem, we will definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was very fresh and delicious.BellaDined on 4/6/2013Food was very fresh and delicious. Service was efficient and waiters were very polite. We would recommend LaCena and definitely return for another great mealSpecial Features:
- we always stop at Le CenaLoralsterDined on 3/9/2013we always stop at Le Cena whenever we are in this neighborhood. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/6/2013The focaccia-like bread offered was cold, hard and dried out, totally unedible. The regular bread was also rather tasteless and too chewy for our taste. The Crab ravioli special had a sauce that was too thick and heavy, detracting from and overpowering the seafood. The veal imperiali was better, but also suffered from a heavy hand with the sauce. The restaurant was virtually deserted the night we went, and the entertainment strange, at best. A very disappointing evening.
- My husband and I celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I celebrated our 34th anniversary at La Cena. We could not have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- Quality LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/8/2013Recently enjoyed lunch at La Cena with a business colleague. Neither of us knew the restaurant exists, being off the main Bensalem drag. Our Caesar salad was freshly made and tasty. Chunks of crab meat on top of lobster ravioli was a new twist, but worked and none was left behind. Will return for another business luncheon in future.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I unfortunately just arrived home after an awful meal at this restaurant. It was a New Years Eve specials menu that sounded great. Unfortunately the food tonight was beyond awful. I ordered the surf and turf with my filet cooked medium. The filet was charred and completely dried out ( no pink at all). The stuffed prawn it was served with was below average. It was served with carrots that were brownish in color and looked as if they had been siting in a hotel pan for days. It unfortunate that La Cena would charge 40 dollars for this entree and feel comfortable serving it. I didn't have a complaint about the clams casino appetizer. Overall I would never dine at this restaurant again and would highly recommend dining elsewhere.
- food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/18/2012food was good, service was nice...howevr, the dj was loud, out of tune when singing and you really couldn't speak to the members at your table...
- La Cena has great food, wonderfulKennyVegasVIPDined on 12/15/2012La Cena has great food, wonderful service, and live music for dinner - what could be better than this?? We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great place for couples!agaveCarlDined on 10/27/2012As always, great food and relaxed bar scene to enjoy a cocktail or two before or after dinner. Live music appropriate for dinner, but not too loud that you can't have a conversation. Service seemed a little rushed this time, which is slightly unusual, but everything came out hot, fresh, and quickly. I recommend it highly for those of you who don't know of this place. Although most of the diners understand that this is an upscale place, we often get seated next to a table of people wearing jeans and hoodies. If you're looking for a good upscale local place with great food and a relaxing atmosphere, then this is for you!Special Features: