La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027707375x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: William DeMarco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Spacious and softly lit, the main dining room offers seating at sleek wooden tables or cozy booths, accommodating up to 50 guests for a seated event or 75 for a reception. A ten person "share table" allows for intimate wine tastings and special decanting events. With its low slung ceiling, the cave-like Cellar can accommodate 16 guests on one, long bar-height table for a seated event. An arched steel gate features Latin phrases extolling food, wine and the arts, evoking the feeling of an exclusive wine cellar in Tuscany. The Garden Lounge recalls an oversized, stylish living room where guests can unwind with a glass of wine and several savory small plates. This lovely lounge accommodates a maximum of 50 guests for a seated event or 100 for a reception. When an event encompasses all three spaces, guests will truly find a one-of-a-kind destination that invites them to experience the true meaning of 'in vino veritas' in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Sands Avenue
- Public Transit: 24/7 public transit (Deuce bus) stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking in Wynn Self Park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard. Valet parking available at Wynn main gate off Las Vegas Boulevard and Wynn South Gate located off Sands Avenue.
A word from La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
Don't call it a wine bar. At least proprietor Michael Morton, of the famous Morton restaurant family, prefers not to describe his unique La Cave concept in such limited terms. With its tempting small plates menu, stylish surroundings and well rounded beer and spirits selection, La Cave is about more than simply good wine. This cozy Wynn hideaway is a wonderland of coved ceilings, wrought iron, polished woods and glass panels. Chef Bill DeMarco, a protégé of chef Charlie Palmer, crafts a beguiling menu of flatbreads, tapas-like small plates, grilled meats and platters of charcuterie and gourmet cheese - each meant to be a perfect pairing to one of La Cave's many wines. With its sexy and fun vibe, this cave devoted to vino-pleasures comes replete with an outdoor dining terrace overlooking landscaped gardens and pools. Morton sums it up best, "I want people to leave feeling as though they just went to the best dinner party. Great food, great wine, great music, great friends"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)notable wine list (73)great for outdoor dining (63)romantic (53)special occasion (47)good for groups (42)late-night find (29)scenic view (26)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014There are not enough superlatives to describe this restaurant! Our family had a wonderful Sunday Brunch, and we haven't stopped talking about it yet!Special Features:
- We measureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Upon mentioning the waitras that lemon drop tastes like citric juice and no alcohol, she replied, "we measure all our content". What happened to the rule of customer being right?
- Unsetting...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were extremely excited to try La Cave at the Wynn Hotel during our stay in Vegas, however we were brutally disappointed in the food and even more so in the service. We arrived on time for our reservation and were asked to wait for just a few minutes. After 10-15 minutes we were seated at a table close to the bar. The dining area was dimly lit and the noise level with extremely loud and there was a significant draft that made the environment quite cold. We were able to get food fairly quickly but the flavor of the different entrees was somewhat bland. We each ordered drinks and one of our party members never received her drink even after the staff was asked about it two different times. The best part of the evening was the dessert!
- DelishCeebsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Loved that they had a menu suited to all sorts if dietary restrictions - separate listings for: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, meat-free, & seafood-free. Anyone & everyone can find something here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas style menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We loved the flatbreads and sampling the extensive wine list with their custom flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we would returnevi2014Dined on 10/14/2014Le Cave has the best French onion soup I have ever had. The portions arent big but neither are the prices in comparison to other Vegas restaurants. The flat breads, especially the filet-blue cheese, will satisfy even the heartiest appetite. Scallops are prepared perfectly, not over cooked but seared just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Place....WaterStreetDined on 10/12/2014This is a nice little place for an appetizer and a bottle of wine. The dishes are all in very small portions (3 - 6 bites each) so if you are going for a full meal, you may have to spend quite a lot. We each ordered 2 items from the menu and all of us were still hungry. Nice atmosphere though - and for the most part, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was divineImpressedDined on 10/10/2014I planned dinner at The Cave for a bachelorette party of five. We shared 5 plates and each was superb. The atmosphere was quiet but everyone around us was really enjoying themselves. Highly recommend this for a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchukdinerDined on 10/5/2014I had previously had dinner at La Cave and was looking forward to trying Sunday brunch. It didn't disappoint. The service is butler style with lots of small plates delivered to your table. They did initially come too quickly for us, but slowed down after we asked them to. We enjoyed all of the dishes, with the exception of the mushroom grits (we had never tried grits before and thought they had a very odd texture). I'm not sure how often the items change but I loved the fact that there was no fish or seafood (very unusual for a US brunch) meaning that I was able to try everything. At $48 each plus tax this brunch is a real bargain.Special Features:
- Another gem at Wynn...passion4diningVIPDined on 10/3/2014Delicious small plates and extensive selection of wines. My favorites are the Jumbo Lump Crab Lettuce Cups, Chicken Thai Basil Flatbread and a Beef Filet Crostini that melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Certainly not lacking in flavor!Foodie27Dined on 9/29/2014The atmosphere at La Cave suits its name well - you truly feel as though you may have stepped into a dimly-lit cave the way it is set back from the main area of the Wynn hotel and casino - all this is offset though by the vast selection of wine and sprits that adorn the back wall of the restaurant. Although portions are on the smaller side, they certainly do not lack bold and delicious flavors. A perfect spot for late night tapas and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the WynnRegularCustomerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, amazing wine list. We eat there every chance we get.Special Features:
- overpricedoverpricedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was fair but very overpriced. The wine list was interesting but overpriced as well ($35 for four small tastes of wine???). It's hard to find good wine in Vegas so at least this place tried to make an attempt, but the food was so expensive for very little quantity. Pretty disappointing overall. They should have had a wine and food pairing flight available, not sure why they didn't.Special Features:
- Don't be too hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014The portions are incredibly small. The food is decent, but you have to order extra portions, which causes the bill to rise fast. And paying $27 for a glass of very average wine was absurd! So beware. Lots of better choices at the Wynn I would suspect.
- Very nice for vegetarianPatriciaDined on 9/25/2014Good selection of items on the menu for vegetarian which is nice ;) very good meal. Service very effective! Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be aware of alcoholic bev prices!Anney4Dined on 9/21/2014Pricing of food at La Cave is fine but if you like to have a few cocktails or wine with your dinner, be prepared to pay! The prices of wine are especially high. The lowest price for a bottle of white wine was $75! A glass of Chardonnay was $21. A little deceiving when dining "casual".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LVbestDined on 9/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was exceptional; food, service, friendliness, atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Really disappointed.kckellyDined on 9/20/2014I have been here before - twice - and was so happy to take my sister there on our recent visit. Imagine how I feel knowing that my recommendation was a bust and she was disappointed too. Our server forgot about us several times and knew nothing about the menu or wines. We were seated at a tiny table (despite there being several large tables open all night) - so there was no room for anything. They brought stuff out and forced it onto us, so that it was really uncomfortable to eat with so much crammed onto us. We asked them to slow the dishes down so that we could eat and clear some room - but they didn't listen. The wines were not good choices and I regret ordering the flights. I won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Second visit this week to La Cave. Again this small plates resturant delivered everything we wanted. Another great lunch. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014As always lovely small plates in a more intimimate space than usually found in Vegas. Love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceFoodandFunDined on 9/17/2014The staff was incredibly accommodating. Food choices were interesting, fun, and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Geeat ExperienxeNathansTakeDined on 9/13/2014We went to celebrate the birthday of my father-in-law, and sat for lunch on the outdoor patio. Friendly service, exceptional food, and an AMAZING cheese board. I highly recommend it - it's a hidden gem in the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 9/11/2014Everything was great, though the hard chairs made us skip dessert. We couldn't sit any longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightGourmetCarnivoreDined on 9/11/2014La Cave is an oasis of quiet in a large hotel/casino, Wynn, in Las Vegas. They serve small portions to be shared. Our server explained our options clearly and suggested for the two of us that we order four of the small portions or three, if one of the servings was flatbread. We chose Beef Filet Crostini with blue cheese and truffle cream, which was beyond outstanding. We also chose Moroccan Chicken Skewers with pear chutney, tzatziki and pita. Again this dish was outstanding. Finally, we chose a Fontina flatbread featuring Nueske's bacon and poached quail eggs. The three made a fine dinner and left us well satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in years!groupof14VIPDined on 9/8/2014This was by far the best restaurant I've been to in years - and we dine out 3-4 nights a week! Really great server (Lisa) - competent, quick, alert, recommendations were right on, and she seemed like a genuinely nice person. Service was great; they wouldn't leave a dish or crumb sit. Food was DELICIOUS; and the desserts were all spot on wonderful! Really nicest gem found in Vegas - highly recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay..MattCDined on 9/6/2014For the money, the food wasn't all that great - very small portions. Good wine list but not much for Napa reds.Special Features:
- Cool wine barDine4wineDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere was great for a glass of wine or a bottle(s) to share. It was quite noisy but if looking for a hot spot this would be a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American Small Plates...aka: TAPASLarrrBearrrDined on 9/4/2014The Steak & Mushroom flatbread was GREAT! Roasted Beets were DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Romantic and delicious!DishDivingDined on 9/2/2014"Small bites" but plentiful servings! Very romantic dark setting. My boyfriend and I have been there twice and had great experiences both times. Attentive service and lovely sunset ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent pre post showstephcaneatDined on 9/2/2014Tapas were all great. Excellent gluten free options also. Perfect for before or after a show. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InventiveMNCDDined on 9/1/2014Delicious and inventive menu. All small plates, which is fun for sharing. We didn't leave full and would have ordered more, but our server kept disappearing. We sat outside, so maybe that's why we didn't get attention? She was very pleasant and friendly when we did see her though. Overall, it was tasty and I would dine here again.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good but it was skimpy and overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.MandSdiningDined on 8/24/2014Over all experience was good. Service, ambiance and wine list were very good. A little expensive for Tapas. My wife and I ordered 5 plates: lump crab cups, bacon wrapped dates, Moroccan chicken skewers, scallops and duck breast. All portions were very small even for Tapas. The duck was cold and tough. I also have a real issue when a supposedly higher end restaurant give you milk instead of cream for their coffee! All that being said, if you are looking for a light dinner with a good wine selection you might want to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order all your dishes at onceblizzard093VIPDined on 8/23/2014The server did warn us that there was no guarantee what food would come in what order from the kitchen, but it was surprising that all dishes seemed to arrive simultaneously. There was barely room on the table for it all. We felt rushed to eat so we could taste all the dishes warm. The food was fabulous. However, if we go back, we will pace our ordering so that we don't get swamped with all the dishes at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but....LadyDJ54Dined on 8/23/2014It is very atmospheric, the food is EXCELLENT as is the service, but it's too damn dark in the place. It makes it hard to read the menu!! Silly. Especially since the choices are very specific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatestmpdxDined on 8/23/2014The food was good, the wine flights really fun. My only complaint would have been the way they served us. We were at a small table for two. We each ordered a wine flight & were each given a wooden tray with 4 small wine glasses. The table also had a water glass for each of us, and small square plates for us to use. As suggested, we ordered 3 plates each. The first plate came, then a second. Then every single plate we ordered was delivered to us - BEFORE any plates were ever removed! Nowhere to put anything, we felt rushed. It was ridiculous! Typically a tapas restaurant serves only a couple plates at any time. Very poorly managed service. Yet the food was good & the wine was lovely so I would return but be clear about timing of dishes!Special Features:
- Amazing!divineDined on 8/23/2014We tried foods that we never tried before, and we transformed into heaven! Seriously, even the very surprising flatbread smores! You have got to try this! It's simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it - Small plates big flavor!bianchiDined on 8/21/2014High end Vegas food experience with a cozy exclusive feel. Love how it's got a bit of tucked in feeling but with great views and great outdoor seating option, of course this will only work when the weather is cooperating. Food was fantastic - every small plate was packed with lots of flavor and we were lucky enough to have the chef recommend a few amazing ones; the sea bass, pork chops and moroccan chicken were great! Could have sat and ate all night long if I had room enough in my stomach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienced DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014Great atmosphere. The outdoor dining area sets the right mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cave - WynnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is very nice and energetic, but it is extremely dark. The food was average and the portions extremely small for the prices charged. My wife and I have been to almost every restaurant at Wynn/Encore and most of them, especially Sinatra's and SW, are outstanding and we don't mind paying the overpriced casino rates for excellent food, but La Cave is average at best and for the prices charged it is a terrible value.Special Features: