La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027707375x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: William DeMarco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Spacious and softly lit, the main dining room offers seating at sleek wooden tables or cozy booths, accommodating up to 50 guests for a seated event or 75 for a reception. A ten person "share table" allows for intimate wine tastings and special decanting events. With its low slung ceiling, the cave-like Cellar can accommodate 16 guests on one, long bar-height table for a seated event. An arched steel gate features Latin phrases extolling food, wine and the arts, evoking the feeling of an exclusive wine cellar in Tuscany. The Garden Lounge recalls an oversized, stylish living room where guests can unwind with a glass of wine and several savory small plates. This lovely lounge accommodates a maximum of 50 guests for a seated event or 100 for a reception. When an event encompasses all three spaces, guests will truly find a one-of-a-kind destination that invites them to experience the true meaning of 'in vino veritas' in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Sands Avenue
- Public Transit: 24/7 public transit (Deuce bus) stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking in Wynn Self Park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard. Valet parking available at Wynn main gate off Las Vegas Boulevard and Wynn South Gate located off Sands Avenue.
A word from La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
Don't call it a wine bar. At least proprietor Michael Morton, of the famous Morton restaurant family, prefers not to describe his unique La Cave concept in such limited terms. With its tempting small plates menu, stylish surroundings and well rounded beer and spirits selection, La Cave is about more than simply good wine. This cozy Wynn hideaway is a wonderland of coved ceilings, wrought iron, polished woods and glass panels. Chef Bill DeMarco, a protégé of chef Charlie Palmer, crafts a beguiling menu of flatbreads, tapas-like small plates, grilled meats and platters of charcuterie and gourmet cheese - each meant to be a perfect pairing to one of La Cave's many wines. With its sexy and fun vibe, this cave devoted to vino-pleasures comes replete with an outdoor dining terrace overlooking landscaped gardens and pools. Morton sums it up best, "I want people to leave feeling as though they just went to the best dinner party. Great food, great wine, great music, great friends"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (68)great for outdoor dining (63)romantic (54)special occasion (46)good for groups (37)late-night find (28)scenic view (24)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hidden Gem at the WynnRegularCustomerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, amazing wine list. We eat there every chance we get.Special Features:
- overpricedoverpricedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was fair but very overpriced. The wine list was interesting but overpriced as well ($35 for four small tastes of wine???). It's hard to find good wine in Vegas so at least this place tried to make an attempt, but the food was so expensive for very little quantity. Pretty disappointing overall. They should have had a wine and food pairing flight available, not sure why they didn't.Special Features:
- Don't be too hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014The portions are incredibly small. The food is decent, but you have to order extra portions, which causes the bill to rise fast. And paying $27 for a glass of very average wine was absurd! So beware. Lots of better choices at the Wynn I would suspect.
- Very nice for vegetarianPatriciaDined on 9/25/2014Good selection of items on the menu for vegetarian which is nice ;) very good meal. Service very effective! Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be aware of alcoholic bev prices!Anney4Dined on 9/21/2014Pricing of food at La Cave is fine but if you like to have a few cocktails or wine with your dinner, be prepared to pay! The prices of wine are especially high. The lowest price for a bottle of white wine was $75! A glass of Chardonnay was $21. A little deceiving when dining "casual".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LVbestDined on 9/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was exceptional; food, service, friendliness, atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Really disappointed.kckellyDined on 9/20/2014I have been here before - twice - and was so happy to take my sister there on our recent visit. Imagine how I feel knowing that my recommendation was a bust and she was disappointed too. Our server forgot about us several times and knew nothing about the menu or wines. We were seated at a tiny table (despite there being several large tables open all night) - so there was no room for anything. They brought stuff out and forced it onto us, so that it was really uncomfortable to eat with so much crammed onto us. We asked them to slow the dishes down so that we could eat and clear some room - but they didn't listen. The wines were not good choices and I regret ordering the flights. I won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Second visit this week to La Cave. Again this small plates resturant delivered everything we wanted. Another great lunch. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014As always lovely small plates in a more intimimate space than usually found in Vegas. Love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceFoodandFunDined on 9/17/2014The staff was incredibly accommodating. Food choices were interesting, fun, and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Geeat ExperienxeNathansTakeDined on 9/13/2014We went to celebrate the birthday of my father-in-law, and sat for lunch on the outdoor patio. Friendly service, exceptional food, and an AMAZING cheese board. I highly recommend it - it's a hidden gem in the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 9/11/2014Everything was great, though the hard chairs made us skip dessert. We couldn't sit any longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightGourmetCarnivoreDined on 9/11/2014La Cave is an oasis of quiet in a large hotel/casino, Wynn, in Las Vegas. They serve small portions to be shared. Our server explained our options clearly and suggested for the two of us that we order four of the small portions or three, if one of the servings was flatbread. We chose Beef Filet Crostini with blue cheese and truffle cream, which was beyond outstanding. We also chose Moroccan Chicken Skewers with pear chutney, tzatziki and pita. Again this dish was outstanding. Finally, we chose a Fontina flatbread featuring Nueske's bacon and poached quail eggs. The three made a fine dinner and left us well satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in years!groupof14VIPDined on 9/8/2014This was by far the best restaurant I've been to in years - and we dine out 3-4 nights a week! Really great server (Lisa) - competent, quick, alert, recommendations were right on, and she seemed like a genuinely nice person. Service was great; they wouldn't leave a dish or crumb sit. Food was DELICIOUS; and the desserts were all spot on wonderful! Really nicest gem found in Vegas - highly recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay..MattCDined on 9/6/2014For the money, the food wasn't all that great - very small portions. Good wine list but not much for Napa reds.Special Features:
- Cool wine barDine4wineDined on 9/5/2014The atmosphere was great for a glass of wine or a bottle(s) to share. It was quite noisy but if looking for a hot spot this would be a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American Small Plates...aka: TAPASLarrrBearrrDined on 9/4/2014The Steak & Mushroom flatbread was GREAT! Roasted Beets were DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Romantic and delicious!DishDivingDined on 9/2/2014"Small bites" but plentiful servings! Very romantic dark setting. My boyfriend and I have been there twice and had great experiences both times. Attentive service and lovely sunset ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent pre post showstephcaneatDined on 9/2/2014Tapas were all great. Excellent gluten free options also. Perfect for before or after a show. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InventiveMNCDDined on 9/1/2014Delicious and inventive menu. All small plates, which is fun for sharing. We didn't leave full and would have ordered more, but our server kept disappearing. We sat outside, so maybe that's why we didn't get attention? She was very pleasant and friendly when we did see her though. Overall, it was tasty and I would dine here again.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good but it was skimpy and overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.MandSdiningDined on 8/24/2014Over all experience was good. Service, ambiance and wine list were very good. A little expensive for Tapas. My wife and I ordered 5 plates: lump crab cups, bacon wrapped dates, Moroccan chicken skewers, scallops and duck breast. All portions were very small even for Tapas. The duck was cold and tough. I also have a real issue when a supposedly higher end restaurant give you milk instead of cream for their coffee! All that being said, if you are looking for a light dinner with a good wine selection you might want to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order all your dishes at onceblizzard093VIPDined on 8/23/2014The server did warn us that there was no guarantee what food would come in what order from the kitchen, but it was surprising that all dishes seemed to arrive simultaneously. There was barely room on the table for it all. We felt rushed to eat so we could taste all the dishes warm. The food was fabulous. However, if we go back, we will pace our ordering so that we don't get swamped with all the dishes at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but....LadyDJ54Dined on 8/23/2014It is very atmospheric, the food is EXCELLENT as is the service, but it's too damn dark in the place. It makes it hard to read the menu!! Silly. Especially since the choices are very specific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatestmpdxDined on 8/23/2014The food was good, the wine flights really fun. My only complaint would have been the way they served us. We were at a small table for two. We each ordered a wine flight & were each given a wooden tray with 4 small wine glasses. The table also had a water glass for each of us, and small square plates for us to use. As suggested, we ordered 3 plates each. The first plate came, then a second. Then every single plate we ordered was delivered to us - BEFORE any plates were ever removed! Nowhere to put anything, we felt rushed. It was ridiculous! Typically a tapas restaurant serves only a couple plates at any time. Very poorly managed service. Yet the food was good & the wine was lovely so I would return but be clear about timing of dishes!Special Features:
- Amazing!divineDined on 8/23/2014We tried foods that we never tried before, and we transformed into heaven! Seriously, even the very surprising flatbread smores! You have got to try this! It's simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it - Small plates big flavor!bianchiDined on 8/21/2014High end Vegas food experience with a cozy exclusive feel. Love how it's got a bit of tucked in feeling but with great views and great outdoor seating option, of course this will only work when the weather is cooperating. Food was fantastic - every small plate was packed with lots of flavor and we were lucky enough to have the chef recommend a few amazing ones; the sea bass, pork chops and moroccan chicken were great! Could have sat and ate all night long if I had room enough in my stomach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienced DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014Great atmosphere. The outdoor dining area sets the right mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cave - WynnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is very nice and energetic, but it is extremely dark. The food was average and the portions extremely small for the prices charged. My wife and I have been to almost every restaurant at Wynn/Encore and most of them, especially Sinatra's and SW, are outstanding and we don't mind paying the overpriced casino rates for excellent food, but La Cave is average at best and for the prices charged it is a terrible value.Special Features:
- Favorite Casual Restaurant @ WynnilovediningoutDined on 8/20/2014I'm a huge fan of La Cave, always have been. Great menu, be sure to ask for their 2nd menu which has vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and other sections for those with food aversions, its fantastic. Im not vegetarian but always order a few things off that menu!Special Features:
- It's dark in here!ccc34Dined on 8/15/2014It was so dark we couldn't read our menus. Service was good, but the highly-touted sliders were a real disappointment - very dry, overcooked and no flavor. Beet salad was most memorable dish. Wine list good but very pricey. We were a large group seated at a long table which made for little conversation except for people next to and across from. We were overwhelmed by another very noisy party above us and could hardly hear ourselves talk.
- Tapa the WorldfoodpoliceDined on 8/14/2014Great small plates with a nice variety to choose from. Wine list with many choices by the glass and bottle. Full bar. The beignets are to die for so save room! Very attentive staff. Outside you have great views of the new Ferris Wheel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hungryHungryMarkDined on 8/10/2014To much effort on how it looks on the plate. Very disappointed in the amount of food on each plate.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love the Butler style service and the terrific wine list. What a nice slow meal in a terrific setting.Special Features:
- Better Options in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014La Cave was not bad, but there are much better options abound in Vegas, so no reason stands out to choose it.
- Disappointed Again don't botherjimmy633VIPDined on 8/5/2014We gave this place a second chance even though it was a disaster the first time!!! What can I say just don't bother. I can't imagine how much disappointment people must feel that are actually paying for these overpriced and under served restaurants at Wynn and Encore?? Thankfully ours was full room and beverage comped... $200+ For lunch and the food sucks and the service is even worse. DON'T BOTHER!!!
- Not very goodjimmy633VIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a completely comped say at Wynn including all food and Beverage and to be quite honest none of the Restaurants in either Wynn or Encore are very good at all. And remember I'm not even paying for any of this. Just truly over promised and under whelming over priced terrible food and service at ever restaurant on both properties.
- Love the outdoor seatingSoySarahVIPDined on 8/1/2014I've been to La Cave twice now, over 2 different Vegas trips. The food is outstanding and is all tapas-style, so you can customize the meal to be as heavy or as light as you want. Try the sliders and fries--amazing! The shrimp dish and the bacon wrapped dates are also my favorites. I always choose to sit outdoors as they have a great view of the manicured gardens and pool. Service was exceptional this past time as well; very friendly and accommodating staff. Will be on my list to recommend to others!Special Features:
- DifferentMangoPeelVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ordered the Ahi Tuna, Shrimp Ceviche, Gorgonzola Salad, Diver Sea Scallops, Certified Black Angus Sirloin Steak, and the Beef Filet all were good the Shrimp Ceviche and the Beef Filet were the best in my opinion. The service was lacking as it seemed she had better things to do then check on us and the seating was terrible. We were so close to people on both sides of us it was an uncomfortable dinning experience. Overall I would rate my experience as a B- I'm not sure I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great AfternoongtjcDined on 7/30/2014Wanted an upscale lunch served between 3-5 and the menu here (same for lunch & dinner) fit the bill. Small plate to share from lighter fare to full on beef and lamb...all delicious. Have dined here 4 times before, for lunch, pre-show dinners and Sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed food every time. Service had been fair at best on first three visits but the food kept us coming back. I must admit however service at brunch recently and that provided by Bryson and the food runners on this day was absolutely great. You can eat light and quickly or enjoy a lengthier time, food comes relatively quicky so enjoy a few plates, then a few more(savor the flavors) and a few more...try to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.