La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: (702) 770-7375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: William DeMarco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Spacious and softly lit, the main dining room offers seating at sleek wooden tables or cozy booths, accommodating up to 50 guests for a seated event or 75 for a reception. A ten person "share table" allows for intimate wine tastings and special decanting events. With its low slung ceiling, the cave-like Cellar can accommodate 16 guests on one, long bar-height table for a seated event. An arched steel gate features Latin phrases extolling food, wine and the arts, evoking the feeling of an exclusive wine cellar in Tuscany. The Garden Lounge recalls an oversized, stylish living room where guests can unwind with a glass of wine and several savory small plates. This lovely lounge accommodates a maximum of 50 guests for a seated event or 100 for a reception. When an event encompasses all three spaces, guests will truly find a one-of-a-kind destination that invites them to experience the true meaning of 'in vino veritas' in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Sands Avenue
- Public Transit: 24/7 public transit (Deuce bus) stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking in Wynn Self Park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard. Valet parking available at Wynn main gate off Las Vegas Boulevard and Wynn South Gate located off Sands Avenue.
A word from La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
Don't call it a wine bar. At least proprietor Michael Morton, of the famous Morton restaurant family, prefers not to describe his unique La Cave concept in such limited terms. With its tempting small plates menu, stylish surroundings and well rounded beer and spirits selection, La Cave is about more than simply good wine. This cozy Wynn hideaway is a wonderland of coved ceilings, wrought iron, polished woods and glass panels. Chef Bill DeMarco, a protégé of chef Charlie Palmer, crafts a beguiling menu of flatbreads, tapas-like small plates, grilled meats and platters of charcuterie and gourmet cheese - each meant to be a perfect pairing to one of La Cave's many wines. With its sexy and fun vibe, this cave devoted to vino-pleasures comes replete with an outdoor dining terrace overlooking landscaped gardens and pools. Morton sums it up best, "I want people to leave feeling as though they just went to the best dinner party. Great food, great wine, great music, great friends"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)notable wine list (65)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (45)good for groups (44)special occasion (40)hot spot (28)scenic view (25)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Small Plate SpecialtyWillymyVIPDined on 11/18/2014We dined at La Cave our last night in Las Vegas and was not disappointed. We shared a variety of small plates. The Gorgonzola salad was so good we ordered a second. The flatbread was very tasty and the dough was like a small pizza. Overall a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas, fun for a group in Vegas8ChapelDined on 11/17/2014This restaurant was great. Good tapas. The ambiance is nice, dark and romantic. Our waitress, Lisa, was great, she helped us and ordered a bunch of dishes and got the exact right amount of food. Overall a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingAMOBulldogDined on 11/16/2014Nice place to eat in Las Vegas if you aren't hungry. The portions were very small and over-priced. The service and ambiance were great and the wine list was extensive but didn't offer many affordable selections. If you had just won a few thousand at the craps table and wanted to spend $200/bottle, this place is ideal.Special Features:
- cozypbchunDined on 11/11/2014Food was fine. had to wait too long for main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but too fastNORNVIPDined on 11/9/2014We went here with the intentions of having a relaxing dinner to take a break from the fast pace and chaos of the Strip. We loved the atmosphere and were lucky enough to snag the last table on the patio. We discussed the menu with the waitress, who was very helpful, placed our entire order and she ended by mentioning that everything comes out as soon as it's ready. Well, here's a tip to future diners - order things a course at a time! Why? Within 8 minutes, we had our entire order on the table. Due to the fact it's all small plates, it doesn't take long before dinner is over. So, our intentions of relaxing and taking our time...not achieved. So, we asked the waitress to hold off on bringing the dessert for 20 minutes and that helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMichaelDined on 11/5/2014I wanted to check La Cave out and my friend's birthday was coming up so, I made reservations for dinner. It was great! The food was excellent, staff was wonderful and they brought my friend a surprise birthday dessert, sweeet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014Dined at many great rest in LV and this was overpriced for what we received. Wine list was so over-inflateda...crazy. I have no problem paying for quality, but I don't like to be over-charged, for no particular reason
- Great findSandraDee23Dined on 11/2/2014I loved La Cave! I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. I booked a table there simply because it was the only restaurant in the Wynn that had the time I needed (we were going to see Le Reve afterwards). We sat outside on a beautiful evening and really enjoyed the vibe. The dishes are meant to share and we had 3 dishes (bacon covered dates, flatbread, and potatoes) between the 2 of us, which was plenty. The prices were amazing considering its location in the Wynn. While we had great food our entire trip to Vegas, this was probably my favorite experience factoring in the selection of food, prices, service, and location. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!ThaiDined on 10/28/2014Every bite at La Cave is great. Gourmet all the way! They have an interesting menu with something for everyone. With mostly small plates, La Cave gives you a chance to try many different items.Special Features:
- A disappointmentTravellady620Dined on 10/28/2014We are locals. This is one of our favorite restaurants. We frequently take our out-of-town guests to dine there. Tuesday I brought two guests. I raved about the restaurant beforehand. Unfortunately there was a large private party on the patio. This was a disappointment as I had requested the patio. Secondly, the party's buffet was set up right at the glass between the patio and the inside restaurant. The red heat lamp used on the bufffet was aimed right at our table and every time the attendant moved the light would glare into our eyes. Thirdly, our overall service was lacking that night. Too much of the staff was used on the patio. The food, did not suffer though. I did not enjoy getting the check for a different table though.
- Spectacular Sunday SpotMMGLADined on 10/26/2014We came for the Butler Served Buffet, which was so much better than a usual buffet. They come around with trays of food and you choose what you would like, no need to leave your seat. The cost is around $45 a person and then you can add bottomless mimosas, bloody Marys or sangria for another $20. I found this to be a great price especially for Vegas, the bloody Mary I had was actually amazing and just the perfect amount of spice. The restaurant is sort of hidden and has a great patio which overlooks some of the Wynn gardens and pool. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, made sure we got to try all the food we wanted, and also made sure we got our $20 worth of booze! Will for sure be back here next time I'm in Vegas!Special Features:
- Great FoodEJS475VIPDined on 10/20/2014The food was outstanding! The restaurant is lovely and I would definitely go back~I did love the food. We just felt that the wait staff could have been more attentive.....we could not even get more water, but everything else was fine.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014There are not enough superlatives to describe this restaurant! Our family had a wonderful Sunday Brunch, and we haven't stopped talking about it yet!Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceJimShadyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the place. Beautiful night out, poolside. Even at Wynn, didn't feel overly expensive, lots of tapas style dishes, went with another couple before heading over to a show.Special Features:
- We measureIlyaDined on 10/18/2014Upon mentioning the waitras that lemon drop tastes like citric juice and no alcohol, she replied, "we measure all our content". What happened to the rule of customer being right?
- Unsetting...FoodiesvegasstyleDined on 10/17/2014We were extremely excited to try La Cave at the Wynn Hotel during our stay in Vegas, however we were brutally disappointed in the food and even more so in the service. We arrived on time for our reservation and were asked to wait for just a few minutes. After 10-15 minutes we were seated at a table close to the bar. The dining area was dimly lit and the noise level with extremely loud and there was a significant draft that made the environment quite cold. We were able to get food fairly quickly but the flavor of the different entrees was somewhat bland. We each ordered drinks and one of our party members never received her drink even after the staff was asked about it two different times. The best part of the evening was the dessert!
- DelishCeebsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Loved that they had a menu suited to all sorts if dietary restrictions - separate listings for: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, meat-free, & seafood-free. Anyone & everyone can find something here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LACaveBirthdaygirl65Dined on 10/17/2014Great if you just want a variety of food and not huge portions. Enjoyed a table overlooking the pool.Special Features:
- Great Tapas style menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We loved the flatbreads and sampling the extensive wine list with their custom flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we would returnevi2014Dined on 10/14/2014Le Cave has the best French onion soup I have ever had. The portions arent big but neither are the prices in comparison to other Vegas restaurants. The flat breads, especially the filet-blue cheese, will satisfy even the heartiest appetite. Scallops are prepared perfectly, not over cooked but seared just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Place....WaterStreetDined on 10/12/2014This is a nice little place for an appetizer and a bottle of wine. The dishes are all in very small portions (3 - 6 bites each) so if you are going for a full meal, you may have to spend quite a lot. We each ordered 2 items from the menu and all of us were still hungry. Nice atmosphere though - and for the most part, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was divineImpressedDined on 10/10/2014I planned dinner at The Cave for a bachelorette party of five. We shared 5 plates and each was superb. The atmosphere was quiet but everyone around us was really enjoying themselves. Highly recommend this for a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchukdinerDined on 10/5/2014I had previously had dinner at La Cave and was looking forward to trying Sunday brunch. It didn't disappoint. The service is butler style with lots of small plates delivered to your table. They did initially come too quickly for us, but slowed down after we asked them to. We enjoyed all of the dishes, with the exception of the mushroom grits (we had never tried grits before and thought they had a very odd texture). I'm not sure how often the items change but I loved the fact that there was no fish or seafood (very unusual for a US brunch) meaning that I was able to try everything. At $48 each plus tax this brunch is a real bargain.Special Features:
- Another gem at Wynn...passion4diningVIPDined on 10/3/2014Delicious small plates and extensive selection of wines. My favorites are the Jumbo Lump Crab Lettuce Cups, Chicken Thai Basil Flatbread and a Beef Filet Crostini that melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Certainly not lacking in flavor!Foodie27Dined on 9/29/2014The atmosphere at La Cave suits its name well - you truly feel as though you may have stepped into a dimly-lit cave the way it is set back from the main area of the Wynn hotel and casino - all this is offset though by the vast selection of wine and sprits that adorn the back wall of the restaurant. Although portions are on the smaller side, they certainly do not lack bold and delicious flavors. A perfect spot for late night tapas and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem at the WynnRegularCustomerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food, amazing wine list. We eat there every chance we get.Special Features:
- overpricedoverpricedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was fair but very overpriced. The wine list was interesting but overpriced as well ($35 for four small tastes of wine???). It's hard to find good wine in Vegas so at least this place tried to make an attempt, but the food was so expensive for very little quantity. Pretty disappointing overall. They should have had a wine and food pairing flight available, not sure why they didn't.Special Features:
- Don't be too hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/26/2014The portions are incredibly small. The food is decent, but you have to order extra portions, which causes the bill to rise fast. And paying $27 for a glass of very average wine was absurd! So beware. Lots of better choices at the Wynn I would suspect.
- Very nice for vegetarianPatriciaDined on 9/25/2014Good selection of items on the menu for vegetarian which is nice ;) very good meal. Service very effective! Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be aware of alcoholic bev prices!Anney4Dined on 9/21/2014Pricing of food at La Cave is fine but if you like to have a few cocktails or wine with your dinner, be prepared to pay! The prices of wine are especially high. The lowest price for a bottle of white wine was $75! A glass of Chardonnay was $21. A little deceiving when dining "casual".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LVbestDined on 9/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was exceptional; food, service, friendliness, atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Really disappointed.kckellyDined on 9/20/2014I have been here before - twice - and was so happy to take my sister there on our recent visit. Imagine how I feel knowing that my recommendation was a bust and she was disappointed too. Our server forgot about us several times and knew nothing about the menu or wines. We were seated at a tiny table (despite there being several large tables open all night) - so there was no room for anything. They brought stuff out and forced it onto us, so that it was really uncomfortable to eat with so much crammed onto us. We asked them to slow the dishes down so that we could eat and clear some room - but they didn't listen. The wines were not good choices and I regret ordering the flights. I won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Second visit this week to La Cave. Again this small plates resturant delivered everything we wanted. Another great lunch. ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014As always lovely small plates in a more intimimate space than usually found in Vegas. Love this place.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceFoodandFunDined on 9/17/2014The staff was incredibly accommodating. Food choices were interesting, fun, and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Geeat ExperienxeNathansTakeDined on 9/13/2014We went to celebrate the birthday of my father-in-law, and sat for lunch on the outdoor patio. Friendly service, exceptional food, and an AMAZING cheese board. I highly recommend it - it's a hidden gem in the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 9/11/2014Everything was great, though the hard chairs made us skip dessert. We couldn't sit any longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightGourmetCarnivoreDined on 9/11/2014La Cave is an oasis of quiet in a large hotel/casino, Wynn, in Las Vegas. They serve small portions to be shared. Our server explained our options clearly and suggested for the two of us that we order four of the small portions or three, if one of the servings was flatbread. We chose Beef Filet Crostini with blue cheese and truffle cream, which was beyond outstanding. We also chose Moroccan Chicken Skewers with pear chutney, tzatziki and pita. Again this dish was outstanding. Finally, we chose a Fontina flatbread featuring Nueske's bacon and poached quail eggs. The three made a fine dinner and left us well satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in years!groupof14VIPDined on 9/8/2014This was by far the best restaurant I've been to in years - and we dine out 3-4 nights a week! Really great server (Lisa) - competent, quick, alert, recommendations were right on, and she seemed like a genuinely nice person. Service was great; they wouldn't leave a dish or crumb sit. Food was DELICIOUS; and the desserts were all spot on wonderful! Really nicest gem found in Vegas - highly recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okay..MattCDined on 9/6/2014For the money, the food wasn't all that great - very small portions. Good wine list but not much for Napa reds.Special Features: