La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027707375x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: William DeMarco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Spacious and softly lit, the main dining room offers seating at sleek wooden tables or cozy booths, accommodating up to 50 guests for a seated event or 75 for a reception. A ten person "share table" allows for intimate wine tastings and special decanting events. With its low slung ceiling, the cave-like Cellar can accommodate 16 guests on one, long bar-height table for a seated event. An arched steel gate features Latin phrases extolling food, wine and the arts, evoking the feeling of an exclusive wine cellar in Tuscany. The Garden Lounge recalls an oversized, stylish living room where guests can unwind with a glass of wine and several savory small plates. This lovely lounge accommodates a maximum of 50 guests for a seated event or 100 for a reception. When an event encompasses all three spaces, guests will truly find a one-of-a-kind destination that invites them to experience the true meaning of 'in vino veritas' in a sophisticated yet relaxed setting.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Sands Avenue
- Public Transit: 24/7 public transit (Deuce bus) stops outside on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking in Wynn Self Park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard. Valet parking available at Wynn main gate off Las Vegas Boulevard and Wynn South Gate located off Sands Avenue.
A word from La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas
Don't call it a wine bar. At least proprietor Michael Morton, of the famous Morton restaurant family, prefers not to describe his unique La Cave concept in such limited terms. With its tempting small plates menu, stylish surroundings and well rounded beer and spirits selection, La Cave is about more than simply good wine. This cozy Wynn hideaway is a wonderland of coved ceilings, wrought iron, polished woods and glass panels. Chef Bill DeMarco, a protégé of chef Charlie Palmer, crafts a beguiling menu of flatbreads, tapas-like small plates, grilled meats and platters of charcuterie and gourmet cheese - each meant to be a perfect pairing to one of La Cave's many wines. With its sexy and fun vibe, this cave devoted to vino-pleasures comes replete with an outdoor dining terrace overlooking landscaped gardens and pools. Morton sums it up best, "I want people to leave feeling as though they just went to the best dinner party. Great food, great wine, great music, great friends"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
La Cave - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)notable wine list (77)romantic (65)great for outdoor dining (64)special occasion (57)good for groups (41)late-night find (28)scenic view (25)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good but it was skimpy and overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great.MandSdiningDined on 8/24/2014Over all experience was good. Service, ambiance and wine list were very good. A little expensive for Tapas. My wife and I ordered 5 plates: lump crab cups, bacon wrapped dates, Moroccan chicken skewers, scallops and duck breast. All portions were very small even for Tapas. The duck was cold and tough. I also have a real issue when a supposedly higher end restaurant give you milk instead of cream for their coffee! All that being said, if you are looking for a light dinner with a good wine selection you might want to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order all your dishes at onceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014The server did warn us that there was no guarantee what food would come in what order from the kitchen, but it was surprising that all dishes seemed to arrive simultaneously. There was barely room on the table for it all. We felt rushed to eat so we could taste all the dishes warm. The food was fabulous. However, if we go back, we will pace our ordering so that we don't get swamped with all the dishes at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It is very atmospheric, the food is EXCELLENT as is the service, but it's too damn dark in the place. It makes it hard to read the menu!! Silly. Especially since the choices are very specific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatestmpdxDined on 8/23/2014The food was good, the wine flights really fun. My only complaint would have been the way they served us. We were at a small table for two. We each ordered a wine flight & were each given a wooden tray with 4 small wine glasses. The table also had a water glass for each of us, and small square plates for us to use. As suggested, we ordered 3 plates each. The first plate came, then a second. Then every single plate we ordered was delivered to us - BEFORE any plates were ever removed! Nowhere to put anything, we felt rushed. It was ridiculous! Typically a tapas restaurant serves only a couple plates at any time. Very poorly managed service. Yet the food was good & the wine was lovely so I would return but be clear about timing of dishes!Special Features:
- Amazing!divineDined on 8/23/2014We tried foods that we never tried before, and we transformed into heaven! Seriously, even the very surprising flatbread smores! You have got to try this! It's simply awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it - Small plates big flavor!bianchiDined on 8/21/2014High end Vegas food experience with a cozy exclusive feel. Love how it's got a bit of tucked in feeling but with great views and great outdoor seating option, of course this will only work when the weather is cooperating. Food was fantastic - every small plate was packed with lots of flavor and we were lucky enough to have the chef recommend a few amazing ones; the sea bass, pork chops and moroccan chicken were great! Could have sat and ate all night long if I had room enough in my stomach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experienced DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2014Great atmosphere. The outdoor dining area sets the right mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cave - WynnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is very nice and energetic, but it is extremely dark. The food was average and the portions extremely small for the prices charged. My wife and I have been to almost every restaurant at Wynn/Encore and most of them, especially Sinatra's and SW, are outstanding and we don't mind paying the overpriced casino rates for excellent food, but La Cave is average at best and for the prices charged it is a terrible value.Special Features:
- Favorite Casual Restaurant @ WynnilovediningoutDined on 8/20/2014I'm a huge fan of La Cave, always have been. Great menu, be sure to ask for their 2nd menu which has vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and other sections for those with food aversions, its fantastic. Im not vegetarian but always order a few things off that menu!Special Features:
- It's dark in here!ccc34Dined on 8/15/2014It was so dark we couldn't read our menus. Service was good, but the highly-touted sliders were a real disappointment - very dry, overcooked and no flavor. Beet salad was most memorable dish. Wine list good but very pricey. We were a large group seated at a long table which made for little conversation except for people next to and across from. We were overwhelmed by another very noisy party above us and could hardly hear ourselves talk.
- Tapa the WorldfoodpoliceDined on 8/14/2014Great small plates with a nice variety to choose from. Wine list with many choices by the glass and bottle. Full bar. The beignets are to die for so save room! Very attentive staff. Outside you have great views of the new Ferris Wheel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hungryHungryMarkDined on 8/10/2014To much effort on how it looks on the plate. Very disappointed in the amount of food on each plate.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014I love the Butler style service and the terrific wine list. What a nice slow meal in a terrific setting.Special Features:
- Better Options in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014La Cave was not bad, but there are much better options abound in Vegas, so no reason stands out to choose it.
- Disappointed Again don't botherjimmy633VIPDined on 8/5/2014We gave this place a second chance even though it was a disaster the first time!!! What can I say just don't bother. I can't imagine how much disappointment people must feel that are actually paying for these overpriced and under served restaurants at Wynn and Encore?? Thankfully ours was full room and beverage comped... $200+ For lunch and the food sucks and the service is even worse. DON'T BOTHER!!!
- Not very goodjimmy633VIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a completely comped say at Wynn including all food and Beverage and to be quite honest none of the Restaurants in either Wynn or Encore are very good at all. And remember I'm not even paying for any of this. Just truly over promised and under whelming over priced terrible food and service at ever restaurant on both properties.
- DifferentMangoPeelVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ordered the Ahi Tuna, Shrimp Ceviche, Gorgonzola Salad, Diver Sea Scallops, Certified Black Angus Sirloin Steak, and the Beef Filet all were good the Shrimp Ceviche and the Beef Filet were the best in my opinion. The service was lacking as it seemed she had better things to do then check on us and the seating was terrible. We were so close to people on both sides of us it was an uncomfortable dinning experience. Overall I would rate my experience as a B- I'm not sure I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great AfternoongtjcDined on 7/30/2014Wanted an upscale lunch served between 3-5 and the menu here (same for lunch & dinner) fit the bill. Small plate to share from lighter fare to full on beef and lamb...all delicious. Have dined here 4 times before, for lunch, pre-show dinners and Sunday brunch and thoroughly enjoyed food every time. Service had been fair at best on first three visits but the food kept us coming back. I must admit however service at brunch recently and that provided by Bryson and the food runners on this day was absolutely great. You can eat light and quickly or enjoy a lengthier time, food comes relatively quicky so enjoy a few plates, then a few more(savor the flavors) and a few more...try to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo GoodRileyDined on 7/29/2014The bacon wrapped dates are a must. Even if you've never tried them or eat them regularly, you cannot pass these up. Trust me. Other standout items were the beef crostini and the sea scallops. So definitely do the wine flights. Fun to try some different selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!PortlandDined on 7/28/2014I have tried to get into La Cave on my last 2 visits to Vegas to no avail. I am so glad that 3rd time is a charm! The food was fabulous, we enjoyed a wine flight, the roasted beets, a charcuterie board (amazing), the flatbread pizza, and the beef crostini. Everything was devine! Our waiter was friendly and efficient - we never wanted for anything. I will definitely be back again! Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- AllaboutthesauceAllaboutthesauceDined on 7/28/2014Service was outstanding. Atmosphere is funky and fun. However, we were disappointed with the food. The highlight was the dessert of beignets. Otherwise, everything was somewhat tasteless and pricey. Would not go back
- Great place for a groupEmilyDined on 7/28/2014La Cave is an excellent place to go with a group for tapas and drinks. The atmosphere is comfortable and very cozy. Food is delicious and sharing many small plates made for a unique and highly varied meal. The wine list is extensive though the fantastic selection leans more towards bottles then per glass. The service was impeccable. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodMfvhDined on 7/26/2014Very friendly waiter helped us choose how many if the different dishes we needed for our family if four. All dishes were delicious. We had the flatbread, shrimps, mini burgers, Moroccan skewers and bean salad. All recommended!Special Features:
- Good tapas, but a bit loudRobertWVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ok, it's Vegas. And many restaurants are going to be loud. The tapas were good, though.Special Features:
- Not worth itTjgwm777VIPDined on 7/23/2014So many good restaurants in LV, skip this one. Was our second visit, but it missed the mark- staff was not knowledgeable about the cheese offerings. Unbalanced service- we'd have 3 servers stop by within 2 minutes, then no one for 15/20 minutes. Food was served before first round of drinks!
- Foodie's DelightOBXloverDined on 7/17/2014We visited La Cave in July 2014 and had another outstanding experience. We love the variety of the small plates and wine flights. On this visit, we asked to be seated in the outdoor area overlooking the gardens. It is a magical spot! We have eaten inside in colder weather and really like the outdoor patio. The lights and setting sun make that area very dreamy. Our small plates this time were a starter salad with goat cheese and a creamy dressing on bibb lettuce. We followed this with a plate of little filets that were perfectly cooked, and then rounded out the evening with thai chicken flatbread that was spicy in all the right ways. The service is impeccable and they have managed to hire an entire staff of size 0 wearing models!Special Features:
- Pricey tapasLaMesaCarolDined on 7/13/2014Although the food was good, the prices were very high for the portion sizes. I would recommend a flat bread pizza. The service was OK. We would not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceDebzyVIPDined on 7/13/2014I really enjoyed this place for Sunday brunch. Sat on the patio, even on a scorching hot day it was kept cool with air conditioning but you could feel the warm breezes, looked out over the pool area, very pretty. Food was passed around butler style and you could order anything off the menu at any time. The only negative was there are no drinks included with your pricey $48 charge for the brunch. You can Oder certain brunch time drinks for $20 all you can drink. All and all the food was great and the ambiance wonderful. Would love to try for an evening of wine and apps, very cool inside.Special Features:
- La Cavewynnfood1Dined on 7/11/2014Fantastic room! Great for a group and romantic for a couple. Food and wine pairing are excellent. Top notch staff to match the food coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas type foodLoloDined on 7/10/2014I was not expecting the type of food at this restaurant. They are not entree type dishes, but more like tapas. The two of us ordered 4 dishes and I was comfortably full. If you are really hungry, this might not be the right choice for you. The service was great. It is very dark inside and no flashlight was offered to see the menu. I used the light of my cell phone. With so many restaurant choices, I probably will not go back.Special Features:
- Great FindBreezyRasDined on 7/5/2014Loved that we could order 4-5 items and split everything. The menu, portions & price was just right. Our server was very knowledgable and personable. Would definitely go back. The Shrimp Ceviche & Diver Sea Scallops were our 2 favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for both light or heavy mealJenaCassVIPDined on 7/5/2014La Cave specializes in "American small plates" which really is tapas converted into for light or heavy meal. Waitress will tell you 2-3 plates per person, but it's probably more like 1.5 for light meal and 2 for a dinner portion. Convenient spot for an early meal before a Vegas show. Options for pool view, covered patio or inside dining. Mix of seating types (tables, couches, bucket chairs, some of which looked uncomfortable) so ask hostess for one that works best for your party (and your back).Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for WifefortgDined on 7/4/2014I booked a reservation for this restaurant to take my wife to while we were in Las Vegas to celebrate her birthday. Not being from Vegas I did quite of bit of research on the menu & read many reviews to make sure she was not disappointed. My wife is very particular about her food & we both are particular about customer service. She/we were not disappointed. We tested their customer service right away (not intentionally) when our first table that we were seated at was not the kind of ambiance my wife was looking for. I asked one the hostesses of we could move to a different part of the restaurant that was more intimate. We were immediately accommodated, not once but twice. Our server was great. the food fantastic & my wife was very happy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every bite!drewdavenDined on 6/29/2014We've been here before and this time didn't disappoint! Delicious food, great atmosphere and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.deliciousshareplatesDined on 6/28/2014Been here a couple times and it doesn't disappoint. Amazing share plates. Flat breads are delicious. Highly recommended for a group so you can try a bunch of things. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Fun experienceJohnDined on 6/28/2014Loved our visit here. This was our first experience for dinner. Much different than lunch but equally enjoyable. When we first arrived, the hostess tried to seat at us at the first seat in the restaurant which might as well have been in the hall of the hotel. This was somewhat surprising since our reservations were made over a week before arrival. They quickly moved us to a table more "into" the restaurant...only had to wait about 15 min which was fine with us. Definitely will come back...Special Features:
- one of the best!babschenskiVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food here is absolutely tremendous - one of the best meals I have ever eaten! I will remember the taste experience for many years to come. It was also lots of fun sharing a multitude of plates with my friends. We could not figure out which one was the best; we kept changing our minds. Service is also impeccable. The only complaint was the noise level - lots of raised voices to maintain a conversation. Even so, this place was wonderful!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceluv4allfoodDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant displays the great service typical of the Wynn brand. The food is presented in tapas style which makes sharing easy, fun and enjoy more variety. Highlights were the shrimp scampi, the best mushrooms and grits ever, the lollipop lamb chops and three hean salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Great food and service, everything was delicious and came out very fast. Affordable for the great food that you get! Wine a bit pricey, patio is awesome overlooking the Wynn pools.Special Features: