La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique
360 Union Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80228Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacave5280.com/
- Phone: 7209632055
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us to cater your private event, 720-963-2055.
- Private Party Facilities: Beautifully remodeled Private Dining Room, with flat screen hook-up capability and individual sound system that can play music from your iPod if you choose. This room has a wine and wood motif, with rich warm carpeting, ample adjustable lighting, B & W photos of vineyards and wine, a wall of cross-cut Rocky Mountain blue stained Pine logs, and wine barrels. Privacy is available with a sanded glass door and privacy screens along windows. With the screens pulled to the sides, a 960 bottle capacity wine display his revealed to create an eye catching ambiance.
- Entertainment: Live acoustic guitar every Friday from 6 pm - 9 pm
- Special Events: We have Special Events weekly and feature a Regional Wine tasting at the beginning of every month followed respectively by a Wine Dinner. From daily happenings social hour in our lounge, to live music on Fridays, we invite you to relax, imbibe and enjoy a meal.
- Cross Street: West 4th Avenue
- Public Transit: RTD bus stops immediately in front of 360 Union Blvd. Light rail stop just 3 blocks away opens in April 2013.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Hotel parking available around perimeter and continues to a lower deck. Immediate spaces to the South entrance are labeled La Cave for your convenience.
A word from La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique
La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique is a local, independently owned restaurant that provides New American Cuisine in a freshly remodeled space. Our cuisine combines fresh local ingredients and classic American dishes, with International flavors, flair, herbs and spices. We offer sushi grade fish, USDA prime cuts of beef, lamb, chicken, pork, and several vegetarian options as well. Our wine selections are global, comprehensive and very carefully chosen to render the perfect compliments to your dining experience. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but we are also well known for our tapas, or small plates, and our wine flights. Our Social Hour is daily from 4pm - 6pm. We hold our Wine Tastings in our PDR each 1st Wednesday of the month, and our 4 course Wine Dinners, the last Friday of each month, with each month featuring a different wine region. We are happy to be located within the Sheraton Denver West, and are sure you will think differently about THIS hotel restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (8)romantic (5)scenic view (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- LoumanDined on 8/20/2014Enjoyable dining spot in the Denver area. The buffalo short ribs was most enjoyable and the wine list was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- About the guest check ? !!!!frequentdinerDined on 7/16/2014Four of dined, had cocktails and wine. We asked to split the bill four ways evenly. The check arrived with each item ordered divided by either six or three. We could never imagine an establishment ever presenting guests with the likes of that kind of billing. It was very confusing to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!JohnADined on 7/13/2014We found La Cave on Open Table and chose it for its location and menu. We were not disappointed! Our meal was delicious. The restaurant was nice and cozy, but it does look out on the parking garage. Overall, it was a very enjoyable meal!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnergirlzalrightDined on 6/28/2014This was the first time my husband and I had ever been to La Cave and it was such a wonderful experience. The food was delicious and the service was top notch. My husband had the lamb shank and I had the salmon and we were both happy with our choices. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so we ordered both an appetizer (Parisian Tartlet) and dessert (Tiramisu) which is something we never do and I'm so glad we did. Both were fantastic. We will definitely be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pure gemJimGVIPDined on 6/8/2014La Cave is easily the best restaurant in the Lakewood/Golden area, and one of the best in Denver. The food is creative and eclectic--a refreshing change from the tired fare in far too many restaurants. The price is reasonable for a restaurant of this calibre. The hospitality and service are unparalleled. Youssef, the co-owner, pours his heart into every dish, and makes his guests feel very special and welcomed. My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here, and were treated like royalty. We are now regulars. The wine list reflects the overall quality of this restaurant, with good offerings at all price points. Don't be fooled by the Sheraton affiliation; this is a high quality private restaurant run by foodies for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy ambiencejwoodDined on 5/31/2014The food was very good, but the rest of the experience was lacking. Our waiter spilled several things, including part of my very expensive martini. The table had plastic flowers and no table cloth. Not the type of experience you expect at this price point. I had made a note with my reservation that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. My husband ordered dessert and after it was served I wished him a happy birthday (no candle or anything on the dessert). The server then came back and asked my husband if he wanted a "birthday" glass of wine, when he was already eating dessert, which we turned down as we were close to being ready to leave. Hard to see how this place stays open.Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the La Cave Wine Bar & Boutique reviews archive.
- brunch bunchbrunchbunchswansonDined on 4/20/2014My family and I enjoyed ourselves at the Easter Brunch on Sunday. We would have liked a few more food choices. My son was really craving pasta and that would have been something cheap to offer. The salad offerings were way to small. My husband loves an omelet bar but I realize that is harder to do. Price was just right for us.Special Features:
- Such a secretOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Always amazing. I don't understand why this place isn't packed, but it's ok with me. Maybe people think it's a Sheraton, but I'm pretty sure it's independently owned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel RestaurantsKeithDined on 4/12/2014Very nice, appealing decor. But the windows looked out onto the parking garage. The food and service were excellent, and we would definitely return, albeit after dark.Special Features:
- Great food but service was terribleHappyDinerVIPDined on 4/11/2014Incredible food, good prices/value... but it took more than an hour after being seated to get our lunch. Totally didn't work for a business commitment. I wouldn't try it again for that reason unless it were a social event and I had the afternoon totally free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal AttentionFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 4/8/2014From the time I entered the restaurant until I departed, everyone was pleasant and accommodating. The owner checked in twice during my meal. French Onion Soup was excellent and flavors were perfectly balanced. Dungeness crab cakes were some of the best outside of Oregon (I live there, you can believe me). Main course Scallops were out of this world. Perfectly seasoned, cooked to perfection. The wine menu is extensive, and the sommelier’s knowledge helps pairing the meal with the perfect wine. Whether one is guest at the hotel or looking for a great local place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu; poor performancejoejackDined on 3/15/2014The menu items looked interesting. French onion soup was ordinary. Mel's chicken was tasteless and way way over priced. South Indian Curry was very good and the rice was cooked correctly but was not very flavorful. The presentation of the entrees was very poor. The decor was okay but the view of the parking garage was less than exciting . The service was very good and the food arrived promptly. Even thought the experience was a disappointment I will probably try it again because of the other menu items.
- Alwys a treatTasterDaveVIPDined on 3/14/2014Good food, good service and a great atmosphere where you can actually carry on a conversation. Not my first (and certainlyy not my last) visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All round delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The entire party had a very enjoyable birthday celebration on our first visit to La Cave. 4 of the group raved about the fish & chips, 1 loved her BLT and huge salad. I cannot say enough about the scallops - cooked perfectly with lovely sauce and the addition of shredded zucchini was the perfect touch. The scallops were the best I've had since I lived in Brittany, the home of French Scallops acclaimed throughout France. Our waiter Mazzei G was very patient with our party of 6 animated and talkative ladies after 30 odd years as friends!! We were never rushed. Sorry Mazzei, we'll be back again and ask for you. Only one hiccup when the bartender produced old-fashioned's instead of manhattans, but they were promptly replaced and enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden surpriseDatenighterDined on 3/9/2014An area search on Open Table revealed this great find. The name of the place is what piqued our interest, but when we saw it was in the Sheraton, we were a bit apprehensive since hotel restaurants, especially at a Sheratons, can sometimes be a bit disappointing. The very first thing we saw when we got there, however, was a a wonderfully stocked wine collection, and the ambience in the bar area looked very appealing. The service was fantastic! Logan genuinely cared about making sure we had a wonderful evening. The crown jewel of the personnel, however, was the manager Youssef. He was very warm, friendly, and chatted with us at length. You can tell he puts himself into this place so that it succeeds. Go to this great place - really.Special Features:
- Great findLoriDined on 2/24/2014We found this restaurant during restaurant week and will be back. Food was superb. Service was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem on the West side of townDawnVIPDined on 2/23/2014This is a really lovely restaurant. The new menu is creative and really tasty and the servers are top notch.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureTasterDaveVIPDined on 2/19/2014Very consistantly excellent dining experience. Not your average "hotel restaurant" dining. Attentive staff, nice wine selection and now a new, creative menu. Also has an imaginative wine tasting/dinner offering regularly. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service was absolutely horrible. 20 minutes for water. No steak knives given for our chicken and steak entrees. Bad communication. Server MIA. Just all around terrible service.
- Disappointment for Restaurant WeekbutNotTooPickyDined on 2/14/2014Disappointment for Restaurant Week The environment was nice and the live guitar was nice, but way too loud for an enjoyable dinner. The food was late-1hr. and the restaurant was half full. Appetizer took over 45 mins to table without a word from the server the food was not cooked properly- Lamb shank(odd flavor and didn't feel well later that evening, Chicken(very dry, hard to chew it) Other customers were sending back their entrees as well.Special Features:
- We recommend both of us!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great, service was great, wine list was pages and pages to choose from. Food and Wine was great ! We'll be back for sure and we are very picky about restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I went for a quiet date night and La Cave didn't disappoint! Great atmosphere and great food! We will defiantly be going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceKrevishDined on 12/31/2013Having to find a place to eat for New Years that was not tied down to a special "exclusive event" menu at outrageously expensive prices was an endeavour, but my wife and I were able to hit the jack pot with La Cave. The ambiance was great, the noise level was quiet, and while waiting for our table we were given a free complementary glass of champagne each. The food was terrific, and they were even able to accomodate my desire to have an item off of their special evening dinner even when I was not going with that full five course package. Truly an incredible experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in LakewoodcharlenebVIPDined on 12/31/2013We decided to try this restaurant on New Year's Eve since it was close to home and had tables available. Thank you, OpenTable. The restaurant is located in the Sheraton Hotel and delivers a fantastic dining experience. The food was great, service attentive, and atmosphere lovely. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013Our party of four had an excellent dinner in this very pleasant room at the Sheraton Hotel. We've been here several times to enjoy lunch or sipping at the wine bar; this time, the special menu was our choice. Everything was excellent: interesting taste combinations, very nice presentations, fine service from start to finish. We were all very pleased and will definitely come back. ISpecial Features:
- I really love this place!HedonistaVIPDined on 12/31/2013We had a group of five and we all took advantage of the Pri Fixe offering for NY Eve. The food was outstanding. With the excepetion of the chocolate dessert which was a disappointment. The service was very good but, near the end of our dinner, things got a bit disjointed. We waited quite some time for coffee and then desserts. Our server was very good and I think it was a matter of too few servers. All the staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The chocolate dessert and the slow service at the end of our dinner were the only reason the restaurant just got a "very good" rating. All in all - we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing needs work.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I went to La Cave early on New Year's Eve. We were pleasantly surprised at how pretty the view of Denver was. We were seated quickly, hostess was friendly, & our waiter was great. The meal started out well & the food was very good. But when it came to dessert, things started to fall apart. Our waiter told us he had put in the order for our dessert, and then we waited & waited, & then waited some more. We finally inquired about the desserts, as we were hoping to catch a movie and had already been at the restaurant 1 1/2 hours. We were told the kitchen was "backed up". Finally, got desserts after waiting 45 min, and having missed the movie. However they did "comp" one of the meals, so they did try to make things better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodTasterDaveVIPDined on 12/27/2013Good food, good wine list, good service and a great place for lunch or dinner because it is quiet enough to enjoy the meal and have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed Kitchen But Tasty FoodSeajayFSDined on 12/25/2013We arrived 30 minutes earlier than our 7:30 reservation. The restaurant was moderately busy, but not full. We were seated immediately, and the waiter came to take our drink order. The wait service met expectations. The problem was that the kitchen kept running out of dishes and was not communicating in a proactive manner to the waiter, so he had to relay the shortage and ask us for another selection. This happened 3 times on the entree order. They even ran out of bread. The waiter clearly felt badly about the situation and brought us soup on the house. All of the food that did make it to the table was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013The food was excellent, however the menu was short on options for vegetarians. We booked for 5:30, which was fine since it was a holiday, because open table showed the restaurant as booked but there were only 3 other parties dining in the entire restaurant! This will be the last time I use open table as the site consistently misrepresents availability.Special Features:
- solid hotel restaurantamykVIPDined on 12/24/2013dined here for Xmas eve as it is close to home and had variety. the menu sounded better than the food. it was a solid choice for a hotel and convenient; while we weren't disappointed, we won't bother to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, Quiet, Elegant SpotJosxDined on 12/19/2013La Cave has been a wonderful place to meet friends for a quiet lunch. The Wine List is fantastic and the food and service follow suit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingKticeDined on 11/28/2013The part of the restaurant we were sitting had the feel that it was in a hotel, which was a little disappointing. However, the meal was yummy and the wine is a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cave RestaurantJohnDined on 11/28/2013We had a 4 course Thanksgiving Dinner at La Cave and it was wonderful and very reasonably priced. It was our first time there and we will likely go back. The regular menu looked good but a bit pricey for us. But we will likey go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013It was nice knowing they were expecting us and very polite seating us early. The menue was delicious and our out of town family complimented the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parrDisappointedDined on 11/2/2013We chose to go to La Cave Wine Bar after reading positive reviews, but we were disappointed. There is really nothing special about the atmosphere or the food. We had hoped to sit at a window and take in the view, but that small section was reserved. Our table was in a nondescript room with nothing to look at. There were no other diners in our area. We took our dessert in the bar which had a better ambiance. The food was nothing special that one couldn't get at a more interesting place. We ended up having two different servers. Our first server was not even aware of menu items and had to look at the menu to answer questions. He left to serve a larger party and luckily we had a more congenial and knowledgeable server. We will not return.
- Wonderful service in a greatmareDined on 9/28/2013Wonderful service in a great environment with exceptional food.Special Features:
- The lobby was well appointed.nobodyVIPDined on 9/20/2013The lobby was well appointed. The bar seemed attractive. There was live music, a classical guitar player that could have added a warm ambience to the dining experience, had dinning not been mediocre. The dining area where we were seated had a view of the parking lot through which one did see city lights. I found the dinning level view of the parking lot distracting. The food was acceptable save for the price, which transformed it to less than a value. The service while adequate would not be described as attentive. The host did come by and said hello, but I felt he was discharging his appointed tasks as opposed to a real interest our experience. The final tab did not justify what was considered a bland experience. .
- Long wait between appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2013Long wait between appetizer and main course. Not sure what the problem was in the kitchen as there were only five filled tables in the restaurant. Only had one person waiting tables yet there were several additional people just filling water glasses. Food was good but nothing special. Will try one more time in a few months but there are just too many other good restaurants in Denver to eat at if it does not live up to our expecttions.
- One of the better hotel restaurantsTravellerDined on 9/15/2013One of the better hotel restaurants I've eaten at in a while. Food was very good and not too expensive. Selection on the menu and wine list was very good.Special Features: