966 Route 22 East
Bridgewater, NJ 08807Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacatena.com/
- Phone: 9087259300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served Monday through Friday 11:30am until 3:00pm Dinner served Monday through Thursday 3:00pm until 10:00pm Dinner served Friday: 3:00pm until 10:30pm Dinner served Saturday: 5:00pm until 10:30pm
Weekend Lunch and Sundays available for Private Functions, please contact us.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for information.
- Special Events: We have three distinct Private Rooms seating up to 90 people, please contact us for details.
A word from La Catena
At La Catena you'll enjoy a warm, friendly environment and authentic Northern Italian cuisine. From mouth-watering Appetizers, robust and flavorful Entrees to its sumptuous Desserts, you will not be disappointed. Join us today for lunch, a cocktail in the bar lounge or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Catena - Best Restaurants in Bridgewater ›
La Catena reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Average foodKageylDined on 7/12/2014Although my spouse thoroughly enjoyed her dish, mine was fair at best I would not go back there
- First time, will returnAngelaVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have passed this restaurant so many times. I decided to dine somewhere new and read about this restaurant on Open Table. I was incredibly surprised. The food was great. The service was great. And the restaurant itself is adorable. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service & diningMoNPopDined on 6/21/2014Read previous reviews and they were spot on. Fresh seafood dishes and extra attention to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedfatherDined on 6/14/2014Pleasantly surprised. My wife absolutely loved the dining experience. Service was excellent and everyone was extremely pleasant. Definitely a place we will be visiting again.Special Features:
- Surprised it was really goodBarbarastarreviewDined on 5/10/2014We had a last minute change in plans and ended up here We were surprised it was really a nice tasty romantic spotSpecial Features:
- Elegant, Charming & Great FoodCaddycatDined on 5/10/2014We enjoy La Catena not only for special occasions dinners, but also for a Friday night dinner at their well stocked bar! They have an extensive Italian menu, but also will create a small plate of the best calamari & peppers appetizer in the area. The staff and bar tenders are very obliging and attentive, and offer suggestions for specials that never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the La Catena reviews archive.
- Menu DifferentaDubDined on 4/26/2014We arrived and the menu was different than what we looked at on Open Table, we asked why and was told its the same, just worded different. After I showed the guy my cell phone, he finally acknowledged the menu was different. He blamed it on Open Table. Food was okay, but nothing great...way better options in the area!
- Great service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/22/2014Service here was great, very experienced wait staff. Food was good. We felt the restaurant was very quiet and made us feel like we were the only ones there, that being said it was a Tuesday night at 8pm. Would return
- Nice restraurantlightdinerDined on 4/19/2014Service, ambience were great. The food was good but just not that special. I had a sirloin steak special that while cooked perfectly just was not a good cut of meat and a third of it was left on my plate because of toughness. My son had a filet that he finished completely though. Two chicken dishes were cooked well but did not have the extra bit that made it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong recommendationNJItalianGuyDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food and impeccable service. Worked out to around $50/person for appetizer, entrée and dessert. Well worth the visit, we will definitely do it again. My party was five people - myself, wife, two adult sons and a girlfriend of one of my sons.Special Features:
- Best Food in NJ!SueKenDined on 4/12/2014Fantastic risotto, quiet atmosphere, everything is absolutely superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningmickeydDined on 3/8/2014From the moment you enter the service is exceptional. The staff is polite and attentive. The food was outstanding. We meet friends at this restaurant every six- eight weeks and we have never had a disappointing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not rushediammeDined on 2/22/2014we've been to LaCatena many times in past, but this last visit was especially nice. We were out with old friends and didn't feel rushed as we chatted away. Service was attentive, professional. Food was great, hot, beautifully presented. Atmosphere was festive, many groups celebrating birthdays. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food odd serviceGordoDined on 2/15/2014We were greeted very professionally but our waitress's almost seemed like she was just filling in for someone. It was snowing and there was a large party in their banquet room so maybe that was the case. Our waitress was very nice but needed to read the specials off a piece of paper. The service was odd. They did have a list of wines by the glass. I ordered merlot but have no idea what type. I might try this place again just to see if the experience will be different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but friendlyDanSDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited for Valentine's Day. We had reservations for 9pm and were actually seated a few minutes early, which was great and very much appreciated. The servers were very friendly, but a bit slow. However, this was a busy night, so take that with a grain of salt. The food was good, and the wine was reasonably priced (we went for a bottle). My one complaint is that we had to request the check 15 minutes or so after we finished dessert, and in a mostly empty restaurant. Aside from that, this was an overall nice night!
- Outstanding in all respects,meg916Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding in all respects, consistent, top shelf. This is our favorite local restaurant for special occasions. The double cut veal chop is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemofficialjerseygirlDined on 2/8/2014La catena is old world charm-but has 5 star service for an affordable price and the Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThankschrisDined on 1/28/2014Great experience thank you everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicewineanddineVIPDined on 1/13/2014This was a great place to come in Bridgewater for an excellent lunch. From the fish soup (some very nice pieces of fish) to the pork shank osso bucco, everything was very good. There is a nice selection of wines by the glass and at reasonable prices. While some of the lunch entrees seem a bit expensive, the portions are generous and the quality high. Service is very professional, attentive and old-fashioned in the best sense of the word. it was quite unlike the teenagers one normally sees at lesser quality Italian, pizzeria-type restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBobkDined on 1/7/2014Brought in a small group from a non-profit I am involved with for lunch and they were very pleased. Service was outstanding as usual. My guest were very pleased.Special Features:
- Family dinnerJimfDined on 12/31/2013We had New Year's Eve dinner there, Place was busy but the service was very good and attentive. Food was very good even during a holiday rush. Menu is limited- only one pasta dish. But quality is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinneraskmacDined on 12/24/2013Food here was very good! We had both a steak and chicken dish. Staff was very kind, however the service was very slow - it took a half an hour to get a glass of wine. Also would like to see bread in a basket on the table. It took awhile to get one roll and then even longer when we asked for a second roll. We also noticed that the one bartender also was getting pepper for someone's dish and clearing tables. The place was packed and really seemed to need more help.
- A trip to Italy right at home.NormaSDined on 12/24/2013This was not my first trip to La Catena. I've known about this wonderful restaurant for years. As usual the food was excellent. The wait staff was attentive even though the restaurant was full as it was Christmas Eve. I am never disappointed by the service or food and the ambience is lovely. When you enter the restaurant it's like being in a different world. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great choice for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2013Excellent food and outstanding service are a hallmark at La Catena. We normally dine at BYOB restaurants and those that offer discounts so that we can eat out more often, but La Catena is a fantastic choice for those celebrating a special occasion or where cost is not as important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service says itKevinDined on 12/13/2013Usual good food and excellent service never dissapoints. We've gone here for several years and are always welcomed. Consistent and varied food choices. You wont b e disappointed.Special Features:
- Forgotten GemBarryVIPDined on 12/3/2013This place although I have not been in over 10 years is still excellent and maintains a high quality objective. They were very accommodating to our evolving needs and created a Prix Fixe menu to align to our budget, and the food was fantastic. The Mushroom ravioli was possibly the best we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were given a gift cardLikestodineoutDined on 10/12/2013We were given a gift card won by a family member so we were excited to give the place a try. The restaurant is very pretty and gives you that fine dining feel. Unfortunately the food was terrible. The menu is limited but the specials seemed nice. What we were served could be compared to a bad meal served at a wedding or banquet. The potatoes were served in a scooper and appeared instant. We were very disappointed with the overall quality of the food considering the cost. The waiters were very nice and attentive. I almost felt sorry for them because they are more qualified than what la catena offers. Very disappointed on a Saturday night.
- My husband and I were pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2013My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with our meal. Every item tasted delicious and our waiter was very attentive. Nice for special occasions close to home.
- Good Place for Business DinnerMilforditeDined on 9/12/2013It was a Thursday night, so it wasn't very crowded; but it was quiet, the service good without being obtrusive, the specials were unique and tasted great. The wine list was adequate, but didn't include vintages and wasn't extensive. However there were enough selections that we were able to find a good wine at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy I Finally Tried ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013I've been wanting to go to this restaurant for a while now, so I was happy I finally got to try it out this past Mother's Day. Our reservation was a little earlier than the dinner rush, so the restaurant was still on the quiet side when we got there. It seemed that they were trying to seat the parties far enough away from each other to enjoy conversation without getting caught up in another table's. Our food was delicious. I had the eggplant rollatini appetizer special, and the shrimp with vodka sauce as my main course. My family enjoyed their food as well. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2013Food was average. I had a special 1/2 lobster/pasta. I expect that at least most of the work is done in regards to removing the lobster meat especially with red sauce. It was not and they provided no plate for the shell. The service was harried – constant running around. Very noticeable in such a small place. The ambiance is dated but nice. With such a small dining room a few loud people can ruin the whole meal. They did have two banquet rooms so it might be a nice place for small parties.
- Nice experienceBensMommieDined on 5/11/2013The staff was very accommodating. The food was good. They never rushed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Dining not eating out"MemaRosaDined on 5/10/2013When looking for a "special" night out this is the place. Very romantic, knowledgeable personnel, and food is delicious .. The variety on the menu will please anyone's appetite. There were four different appetizers, salads and entrees at our table and the taste and appeal of all of them was worth another trip back. The menu is pricey but certainly worth it for that "special Night Out to dine". I would not bring children.Special Features:
- I enjoyed Catena. ServiceRuns4threeDined on 3/31/2013I enjoyed Catena. Service was knowledgeable and descried food in great detail, and the food met the expectation. Not overly pricey, but not at all cheap. I chose pasta while my companion ordered a fish special. In my opinion the pasta was a better choice. The only suggestion I would make is that service should seem friendlier, I thought the waiter was too serious yet it might be becuase of the overall ambiance of the place. For a quiet and more romantid dinner I would recommend this restaurant. For a fun gathering with friends probably would choose a trendier place.Special Features:
- Always VERY SATISIFIED withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Always VERY SATISIFIED with the overall/attentive/upscale-like service, menu (& evening specials) choices and quality of food & related presentation! It is a favorite restaurant of ours (a group of friends that get together multiple times during the year).Special Features:
- La Catena is without a doubt,SueKenDined on 3/30/2013La Catena is without a doubt, one of the best local restaurants. Ambience is lovely and you can talk and hear the person you are with. But, the food...the food is to die for!!!Special Features:
- Had the cod special, a fantasticozark777Dined on 3/26/2013Had the cod special, a fantastic glass of chianti, and the arugula fruit salad.... Everything from the bread to the cod was FANTASTIC! Great atmosphere! It's fine dining, but at an very reasonable cost. It's a definite must try! If I come back to Bridgewater, I will definitely come back here!Special Features:
- My husband and I have patronizedNJcat22Dined on 3/22/2013My husband and I have patronized this restaurant several times a year for many years and we've never had a bad meal or inferior service.Special Features:
- The appetizers were superb,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013The appetizers were superb, the dinner was good. The only complaint was the way in which the desert was served. I love my tartufo. However, this was served by slashing the ice cream ball twice and tossing it in a cereal dish. My experience in other restaurants is that the ball is split then laid flat, exposing the ice cream inside and then a dolup of whipped cream is added with a cherry. Much more please than the lump I was served. Other than that the service was personal and supberb. We will definately return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good Italian AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Very good Italian American food and a very attentive wait staff. Right sized portions, all a la carte. The fettucini special consisted on home made fettucini noodles and jumbo shrimp in a slightly tasty white sauce. A good place for a special occasion knowing that you will get a good meal. Only downside was the server hesitated when I asked for grated cheese, stating it didn't go well with the seafood.Special Features: